TWG XXXVII Postgame - Wolves win

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Wilkin
    FFR Player
    • Nov 2005
    • 1800

    #16
    Re: TWG XXXVII Postgame - Wolves win

    The big problem with me and Kilga's coming out to you was that we were stuck between a couple of choices:

    1) Come out as a human/green. By the time you talked to me initially, we (As a whole) didn't really have enough information to know that it was a red/blue game. Thus, our claims of being greens were all we could do, since coming out as crazy blue roles was going to be a pretty hard thing to do.

    2) Come out as a blue. Hans succeeded because he chose a good role (and about the only one we could successfully fake) to go to you with. By the time we talked again, I was making it up on the spot. After I said something about my "role", I immediately thought of something else that would sound more legit. For instance, instead of stealing time travel power, I could kill the TT wolf if I correctly guessed them. I also considered telling you I was the bookie, explaining why I came out as green earlier, but there was no way I could back that up, which would've screwed me over anyway. Shash succeeded (for the most part) because he WAS that role, so there was no reason not to believe him.

    3) Abstain. I really didn't think that everyone was going to come to you, especially someone like Afro, who usually takes a lot of caution for their own well-being. I figured that if we knew it was going to be a red/blue game beforehand, the chance of a wolf coming out in the beginning would be far too likely, and people would be more careful about who they'd come out to.

    I'm surprised I got as far as I did with you, at least to the point where everyone believed my fake role. I based it off of the hint from the PM that had to do with the specific person holding the device (though it turned out to be talking about the time blockers), and then just made it up as I went. In retrospect, I could've done a lot better with the role, but I don't blame you for seeing through it. As soon as me and Kilga were caught not coming out as blues, I knew it was too late for either of us, and that it didn't matter who got lynched, since you would've (and did) gotten the other vigi'd.
    l
    WWii║iiiiiiii▫
    ╔═╗ ╠═╗ ║
    ╚═╝ ║lll║ ║




    OH LOOK NOW THE REST OF MY MUSIC IS NOW VISIBLE HOW COINCIDENTAL IS THAT

    Comment

    • Kilgamayan
      Super Scooter Happy
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Feb 2003
      • 6583

      #17
      Re: TWG XXXVII Postgame - Wolves win

      For the record, if I had been blue, I wouldn't have done anything different than what I did. I value my own life too much to make any special role I have known to anyone who I don't see as having 100% proven they're not a wolf.
      I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

      Comment

      • klagett
        FFR Player
        • Jul 2006
        • 121

        #18
        Re: TWG XXXVII Postgame - Wolves win

        This was stupid.

        Comment

        • iggymatrixcounter
          FFR Veteran
          • Nov 2003
          • 1924

          #19
          Re: TWG XXXVII Postgame - Wolves win

          Originally posted by Wilkin
          3) Abstain. I really didn't think that everyone was going to come to you, especially someone like Afro, who usually takes a lot of caution for their own well-being.
          If afro had been any role other than a time blocker that probably would have been the case.

          Originally posted by wilkin
          I'm surprised I got as far as I did with you, at least to the point where everyone believed my fake role.
          You really didn't have me fooled at all. When I was talking to you when you were alive, I was just trying to see if you would get desparate enough to give me info. Hans told me that there was a device thief (so duh I didn't get info from him lol) and vash's report was only vague enough to imply that you were the device thief. What you actually did was a small detail i never 100% confirmed.
          lastfm
          PANDORA

          Comment

          • Wilkin
            FFR Player
            • Nov 2005
            • 1800

            #20
            Re: TWG XXXVII Postgame - Wolves win

            I never really thought I had you fooled. I know that I was going to appear as a wolf to you no matter what I did after your first impression, so the only thing I could do by that point was to try my hardest, rather than going "lol yea ur rite man gg im teh device thief lol." Even if I was legit the entire time, the mistake of telling you I was green at all is what doomed me. Unfortunaely, since you came to me first, rather than me coming to you, I wasn't able to fabricate a role believable enough to throw at you.

            It was pretty funny, though, because he entire time I was talking to you about it, Hans kept relaying his conversation with you about how far you thought I'd go.
            l
            WWii║iiiiiiii▫
            ╔═╗ ╠═╗ ║
            ╚═╝ ║lll║ ║




            OH LOOK NOW THE REST OF MY MUSIC IS NOW VISIBLE HOW COINCIDENTAL IS THAT

            Comment

            • Tokzic
              FFR Player
              • May 2005
              • 6878

              #21
              Re: TWG XXXVII Postgame - Wolves win

              Dammit.

              Even if I hadn't been killed, I definitely did not think that Shash was a wolf, and I wasn't that sure about Hans.

              why do you act so weird fojar i could have sworn you were red

              Anyway, GG wolves, you really owned us. I still need more practice, apparantly, though I guess I was handy in that I helped form the alliance.

              Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

              Comment

              • Tokzic
                FFR Player
                • May 2005
                • 6878

                #22
                Re: TWG XXXVII Postgame - Wolves win

                ps

                Originally posted by Afrobean
                ok fine hans, chill out

                fojar

                we can always kill you tomorrow
                oop-c

                Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

                Comment

                • Shashakiro
                  TWO THOUZAND COMBO
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Aug 2005
                  • 9082

                  #23
                  Re: TWG XXXVII Postgame - Wolves win

                  Iggy: I didn't have the time machine at that point. Only one wolf at a time has the time machine, although it can change hands. I had it later though.

                  I think I did a pretty nice job for my first wolf game, personally.
                  4th Official FFR Tournament - Master division champion!

                  Originally posted by Boogiebear
                  use ur bain. Itz there for a reason.

                  Comment

                  • Afrobean
                    Admiral in the Red Army
                    • Dec 2003
                    • 13262

                    #24
                    Re: TWG XXXVII Postgame - Wolves win

                    things that ****ed up the game:

                    #1: 4 kills in one night. That totally killed everything (no pun intended). The game was unbalanced before, and all that did was put the unbalance in the opposite direction.

                    #2: Iggy's trust of shash. And it was from cheating too? ****. I guess I shouldn't trust those that other people trust, even if I trust them completely.

                    #3: I should have been more forceful on Hans. Even if I had though, that would have only bought one more day, and it would come down to shash and iggy teaming up against fojar. So, I guess the game was totally lost from the get go thanks to number 1 and 2.

                    ps I totally haven't read most of these posts yet so whatever

                    EDIT: ok those quotes on page 1 about me boasting how much chance the wolves had to win: If the 4 in one night kill hadn't happened, they would've had no chance. All of the information we had said that there wasn't any way that the wolves could time travel kill (LET ALONE ****ING KILL 4 PEOPLE AT ONCE... THAT IS BULL**** IN THIS GAME NO MATTER HOW YOU SLICE IT).

                    And honestly, what if the humans hadn't taken the early advantage of someone coming out and making an alliance? It would have gotten to day 4 or whatever and the game would have been literally over thanks to that 4 in one night thing. Seriously, stoic, what were you thinking giving an ability to them that would let them kill 4 in a night?
                    Last edited by Afrobean; 10-24-2006, 11:55 AM.

                    Comment

                    • sertman
                      DADALADAH
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Jun 2005
                      • 3910

                      #25
                      Re: TWG XXXVII Postgame - Wolves win

                      dude, the night i was killed, i sent my vigi kill in for shash. on iggy's orders.

                      Comment

                      • Afrobean
                        Admiral in the Red Army
                        • Dec 2003
                        • 13262

                        #26
                        Re: TWG XXXVII Postgame - Wolves win

                        It's funny... Iggy, why would you be willing to have sert vigi shash, but then NOT GIVE IN TO LYNCHING HIM THE NEXT DAY ((((((

                        Seriously, that was so suspicious... I was like so sure that you and shash were wolves together for a while.

                        Really, though, that lynching cypher made no sense at all. Why were you so dead set for it?

                        Comment

                        • Shashakiro
                          TWO THOUZAND COMBO
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Aug 2005
                          • 9082

                          #27
                          Re: TWG XXXVII Postgame - Wolves win

                          Originally posted by Afrobean
                          Seriously, stoic, what were you thinking giving an ability to them that would let them kill 4 in a night?
                          If we'd lost, we'd be like "Stoic, what in hell posessed you to put TWELVE blues in this game?"

                          I think the one problem with this game was too much special stuff. Next game, I'd vastly prefer something more mainstream, with only a few blues and no special wolf powers.
                          4th Official FFR Tournament - Master division champion!

                          Originally posted by Boogiebear
                          use ur bain. Itz there for a reason.

                          Comment

                          • sertman
                            DADALADAH
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Jun 2005
                            • 3910

                            #28
                            Re: TWG XXXVII Postgame - Wolves win

                            the thing that got me the most was the switching roles thing.

                            seriously... in a game where you KNEW something like this was going to happen, why even give a wolf a human role? who's going to lynch someone who's been confirmed as a human role?

                            that's completely unfair on all levels. this game failed anyways, no time travelling actually happened

                            Comment

                            • Afrobean
                              Admiral in the Red Army
                              • Dec 2003
                              • 13262

                              #29
                              Re: TWG XXXVII Postgame - Wolves win

                              Originally posted by Shashakiro
                              If we'd lost, we'd be like "Stoic, what in hell posessed you to put TWELVE blues in this game?"

                              I think the one problem with this game was too much special stuff. Next game, I'd vastly prefer something more mainstream, with only a few blues and no special wolf powers.
                              I'll admit that was a problem too.

                              In fact, that was the first problem. The game was overly in favor of humans, then with the 4 in one kill, it jumped sides over to being in favor of the wolves.

                              Originally posted by sert
                              this game failed anyways, no time travelling actually happened
                              Not true. The totally out of nowhere killing of 4 of our best guys was time traveled back to night 1.

                              In all seriousness, though, how was it that 4 was killed. They said something about refined fuel being saved, but what does that have to do with them being able to kill 4 at once? It would allow them to time travel more, not to kill more. Really, the time machines had a capacity of one, right? So we're to believe that one wolf could in one night:

                              #1: Time travel back to night 1.
                              #2: Kill matt.
                              #3: Kill Tps.
                              #4: Kill Minineo.
                              #5: Kill vash.
                              #6: come back to the current night.

                              When normally all a team of wolves can do in one night is:

                              #1: kill one player.

                              Comment

                              • sertman
                                DADALADAH
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Jun 2005
                                • 3910

                                #30
                                Re: TWG XXXVII Postgame - Wolves win

                                no... they saved their kills up. they had 1.5 kills per night, remember?

                                #1 1.5 -1 = .5
                                #2 1.5 - 1 = 1
                                #3 1.5
                                #4 2.0
                                #5 2.5
                                #6 3 + 1 = 4 kills

                                also... why did anyone push for fojar to be lynched? iggy mentioned the role of forensic scientist to me, and because you knew all the roles, afro, you should have known fojar's role...
                                Last edited by sertman; 10-24-2006, 12:38 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...