TWG XXIII Postgame

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Kilgamayan
    Super Scooter Happy
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Feb 2003
    • 6583

    #46
    Then you should've picked another target.
    I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

    Comment

    • Afrobean
      Admiral in the Red Army
      • Dec 2003
      • 13262

      #47
      Originally posted by Kilgamayan
      Then you should've picked another target.
      At the time, you had 3 votes on you and Hans had 4. My vote brought it to 4 to 4. Ld threw in a vote at the very last second that allowed for you to be lynched in place of a knife in box between you and Hans.

      My choice for lynch day 1 was really nick, but I figured lynching you who might be a wolf would be better than allowing my partner to go down. I really didn't want to lynch you at all, but in order to save my partner, I had to.

      Comment

      • Tasselfoot
        Retired BOSS
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Jul 2003
        • 25185

        #48
        Jesus Kilga... its like you've never been lynched before. Get over yourself. ANYONE would have done what Afro did in the same situation. Its just like I did to Q in 22... and like has been done in plenty of games before. Save yourself by voting off the 2nd most votes PURELY to save yourself or one of your own.
        RIP

        Comment

        • User6773

          #49
          You did that to Q in 22 because you were a wolf, Tass...you don't care who gets the lynch as long as it's a human.

          Slightly different comparison ; )

          Comment

          • Tasselfoot
            Retired BOSS
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jul 2003
            • 25185

            #50
            Not at all... I was still on the chopping block, and wolf or human, survival takes precidence.
            RIP

            Comment

            • blahblah18
              FFR Player
              • Aug 2004
              • 1662

              #51
              afro, it was so beyond retarded to do what you did, and i've tried to explain it to you before, but you can't seem to understand it. It would have been much better to let hans die then to say that he's your partner.

              Just think Expected Value... the odds that kilga is a wolf.. lets say 1/5? That fair? I think it was a lot less that game, but i'll be conservative for you. So you saving a human gets you .2 of a wolf. You giving up 1 mason pair is worth soooo much more then .2 of a wolf that its unbelievable. The only time you should have done that is if you were both wolves... because then the EV is -1 wolf
              but for now... postCount++

              Comment

              • Kilgamayan
                Super Scooter Happy
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Feb 2003
                • 6583

                #52
                Originally posted by Tasselfoot
                Jesus Kilga... its like you've never been lynched before. Get over yourself.
                I've never been so stupidly lynched before except for maybe Jurs' game. I wasn't even terribly mad when I got lynched Day 1 of Game 4, the only time I've ever been a seer and seen Day 1 at all. I screwed that one up badly. This was just bloody moronic and I don't recall LD ever justifying himself. The timing thing didn't help either, because LD's vote was cast at 8:01 EST but mead counted it anyway.

                Plus I was pissed for being voted for trying after everyone was giving me crap for not trying the previous game when I had personal stuff to take care of.
                I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                Comment

                • GuidoHunter
                  is against custom titles
                  • Oct 2003
                  • 7371

                  #53
                  So be mad about it, but you really can't blame everyone else for trying to save a human. You just happened to be in the position with the most votes at the time (with some of those votes being joke votes). Sure, it was unfortunate and really crappy for you, but it was totally logical for people to save a known human.

                  --Guido


                  Originally posted by Grandiagod
                  Originally posted by Grandiagod
                  She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
                  Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

                  Comment

                  • talisman
                    Resident Penguin
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • May 2003
                    • 4598

                    #54
                    if hans had been lynched I'd say that would have been the stupidest lynch of all time.

                    blah, I love you, but that idea is dumb... yes it increases your chances of catching a wolf day one but it decreases your chances any other day because predetermined mob voting is impossible to analyze. Any wolf that slips in with the crowd at the end can't be found at fault for it. Day one isn't for catching wolves, although it's nice when it happens, it's for making the wolves have to put out a vote with some reasoning behind it that they HAVE to make up. Allowing retarded bandwagonning gives them a free ride.

                    kilga, I honestly did think you were a wolf, based on the timing of your vote. It seemed like you casually went "oh who's done something to attract negative attention? oh blah has. ok." negative attention doesn't equal suspicious (ask tps)... but whatever. I'm wrong 5/6 times with my day one vote/suspicion.

                    Comment

                    • blahblah18
                      FFR Player
                      • Aug 2004
                      • 1662

                      #55
                      my point is, I gave it until 3 minutes were left in the thread.. and no one put on a phony vote to try and save him.. and I don't do that every game., so the wolves can't jts expect me to do it... so i already got what i knew frmo the voting day... that kilga was human and no more info woudl be revealed... so i fished for info by choosing 3 people i had 3 choices for who to wolf, in lieu i was told multiple team groups... and also had a % chance > 0 of finding a wolf
                      but for now... postCount++

                      Comment

                      • Kilgamayan
                        Super Scooter Happy
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Feb 2003
                        • 6583

                        #56
                        Originally posted by GuidoHunter
                        but it was totally logical for people to save a known human.
                        Except Hans wasn't "known" at the time by anyone besides Afro. Afro just said "hey Hans is my partner so I know he's human" and enough people decided "durhurhur okay I'll take your word for it" that it cost me the votes.

                        Originally posted by talisman
                        kilga, I honestly did think you were a wolf, based on the timing of your vote. It seemed like you casually went "oh who's done something to attract negative attention? oh blah has. ok."
                        You obviously never payed attention to any time I was ever red. If I was a wolf I never would've gone after blah in that situation because I knew he would confront me about it and he's one of the last people I want to make up lies for on the spot. I would've gone after a weaker player who looked suspicious but was far less likely to concoct a solid defense.

                        Go back and read Jurs' game again, you'll see what I mean.
                        I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                        Comment

                        • talisman
                          Resident Penguin
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • May 2003
                          • 4598

                          #57
                          meh, whatever. The fact that you and dance died was probably one of the most helpful sacrifices of the game, as it completely ruined the wolves' strategy. So you may have gotten lynched on day one but in a way you still contributed to the win.

                          Comment

                          • Afrobean
                            Admiral in the Red Army
                            • Dec 2003
                            • 13262

                            #58
                            Originally posted by blahblah18
                            afro, it was so beyond retarded to do what you did, and i've tried to explain it to you before, but you can't seem to understand it.
                            Actually, I understood it right after when you bitched me out. Maybe that will teach you how crappy your method is.

                            Actually, I take that back. It could work. You just need someone who can actually ID wolves on day 1 to pick the last minute lynch.

                            Just think Expected Value... the odds that kilga is a wolf.. lets say 1/5? That fair? I think it was a lot less that game, but i'll be conservative for you. So you saving a human gets you .2 of a wolf. You giving up 1 mason pair is worth soooo much more then .2 of a wolf that its unbelievable. The only time you should have done that is if you were both wolves... because then the EV is -1 wolf
                            Moot point, since the wolves kept us alive. They wouldn't dare wolfing either of us and proving our humanity. Honestly, I didn't count on that happening (what the fuck kind of wolf would do what I did in that situation, even when acknowleging the fact that wolves always do what a wolf would never do? It's just retarded), but being suspcious ended up allowing Hans and I to live until the end.

                            Also: Talis is right. Without Kilga and dAnce being ID'd as 100% human, we'd have been fucked. I really don't think we could have won without this. Actually, I'm surprised that the wolves didn't wolf another of their own so that the return would be 2. If they had, it'd probably have been assumed that dAnce+Kilga were the wolves since they were openly together.

                            EDIT:
                            Originally posted by Kilga
                            Except Hans wasn't "known" at the time by anyone besides Afro. Afro just said "hey Hans is my partner so I know he's human" and enough people decided "durhurhur okay I'll take your word for it" that it cost me the votes.
                            "enough people"==1

                            LD was the only one that voted after I did, and honestly, I agree that his vote was after and shouldn't have counted.

                            Comment

                            • DarkManticoreX2
                              TWG Overlord
                              • Apr 2005
                              • 7355

                              #59
                              Re: TWG XXIII Postgame

                              Archived 5-21-2014 11:23 AM EST
                              AAA's = 800

                              Originally posted by V
                              Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                              Comment

                              Working...