TWG XXIII Postgame

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • talisman
    Resident Penguin
    FFR Simfile Author
    • May 2003
    • 4598

    #16
    RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXIII Postgame

    Well, obviously they needed another weird looking kill so that when the autopsy came it wasn't obvious that it was matt's partner.

    And they killed matt (or at least this is why I assume they did it), not because they thought they could get in on the alliance, but to implicate one of the people who got lynched day one and two when the autopsy came around. Luckily for us, we lynched a pair, so their strategy failed.

    Comment

    • nickadeemus
      The spice must flow.
      • Aug 2003
      • 807

      #17
      RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXIII Postgame

      I was pretty damn nervous when Afro voted for me right after I posted (gj, btw). First time being a wolf and I figure I screwed it all up with my first post. Luckly I got him to drop suspicion later, and I calmed down a bit.

      I can't believe you bastards lynched a pair in the first two lynchings, pretty bad luck for us.

      I must say it was fun watching all the "evidence" being thrown around for why TPS was a wolf, when you know it isn't true. I was actually hoping to be a human in my first TWG, but I think learning from my mistakes as a wolf was good for me.
      GG to LD with his stupid "me and my partner" comments, though we only bought it about 51% and Fish looked way more like the guardian.

      Hope you guys won't mind having me in more TWG's from now on.
      Nice.

      Comment

      • dAnceguy117
        new hand moves = dab
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Dec 2002
        • 10103

        #18
        RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXIII Postgame

        AND this is exactly what I was afraid would happen when I signed up.

        What happened, you ask? Exactly what I said. 1) Totally thrown off from jTWG. 2) Definitely did not have time for this game. High school blows. I'm basically pulling As in everything in the semester EXCEPT FOR A B- IN BIO WTF. That's really the only subject I'M TRYING TO GET A GOOD GRADE IN. Then, as soon as I start putting forth real effort, I get lynched.

        So anyway I won't be playing again unless either the workload settles down (unlikely), basketball practice aren't as draining as cross practices were and I still have time left after doing homework (decent possibility), or if I don't make the cut (very unlikely, I'd say the only thing that could take me out is this big ass blister on my foot, and it's feeling better).

        Basketball season ends.. eh, I dunno. Eventually. Once it's over, I should have plenty of time; I won't have an enormous bio project on my shoulders, and track is really easy. I'll probably lurk in the forum once in awhile to read what's going on in the world of TWG. See you guys later.

        Comment

        • Tps222
          FFR Player
          • Nov 2004
          • 6169

          #19
          RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXIII Postgame

          Wait, dAnce, you were in this game, WTF? I swore you were in jTWG, because you missed signups.


          Oh, that's right, the whole "I talk to TPS all the time this game" thing that helped my case so much. Thanks innactive meany

          Comment

          • Kilgamayan
            Super Scooter Happy
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Feb 2003
            • 6583

            #20
            Re: RE: TWG XXIII Postgame

            Originally posted by Afrobean
            Originally posted by Kilgamayan
            Gay.

            LD, go fall in a well and don't ever come out.

            PS: Afro and Hans, way to stupidly lynch me and then get all pissy at the other humans for thinking about lynching fellow humans. 8)
            huh?

            We were "pissy"?
            ---

            Originally posted by HansSky
            Originally posted by evilbutterfly
            This is Afrobean: hans and I have talked a lot since I came out

            Hans said some idea (I can't even remember what)
            evilbutterfly87: Well your partner seems to think otherwise
            NotSoFarOff: Well he's a (#*$*@
            NotSoFarOff: I don't actually talk to him much.
            Oh you incompetent *%!&@(!.
            Originally posted by HansSky
            ADSFSADDA

            YOU GUYS ARE ALL IDIOTS
            Originally posted by Afrobean
            Ok, it's now clear that the majority of you ARE stupid.

            I revealed Hans as my partner to save someone I knew was human. You're saying you'd sit back and let your mason buddy die without saying anything? It's not like I could say "hey guys I don't think we should be lynching hans" I had to act drastically if I had any chance of saving him.

            Also, if you guys lynch either myself or hans, I hope the wolves win. They deserve it with you retards killing your own for no reason. It's plainly obvious that eb's vote was a pressure vote more than anything, not an indication that you guys should insta me.

            PS
            did anybody notice that Afro's list is for the most part dramatically different then the rest that were posted?
            Of course. I'm the only one thinking for myself it seems.
            Originally posted by Afrobean
            Holy (#$% you guys are stupid.
            Originally posted by Afrobean
            I have officially lost faith in the lot of you. Congratulations.
            Originally posted by HansSky
            You guys all deserve a round of applause.
            ---

            And then, after all that, you went and lynched a human. Good job!
            I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

            Comment

            • talisman
              Resident Penguin
              FFR Simfile Author
              • May 2003
              • 4598

              #21
              RE: Re: RE: TWG XXIII Postgame

              By the end of that day I was fairly uncertain about tps, which is why I didn't vote for him (I left it as a safety on nforcer). I would rather have voted for tass, since I KNEW he had to be a wolf, but I couldn't think of any justification that wouldn't flat out give away that I was in the third pair at that point, so I decided to remain quiet.

              PS every single night I swore I was going to die... everyone assumed I was human and the wolves don't like helpful people, yet somehow more attractive targets kept coming up, for some reason.

              Comment

              • nickadeemus
                The spice must flow.
                • Aug 2003
                • 807

                #22
                RE: Re: RE: TWG XXIII Postgame

                Oh yeah, TPS got lynched without a single vote from a wolf . . . I thought that was kind of funny.
                Nice.

                Comment

                • evilbutterfly
                  FFR Player
                  • Apr 2003
                  • 5784

                  #23
                  RE: Re: RE: TWG XXIII Postgame

                  Oh, btw, never do a game like this again. Masons = inactivity. Also, the alliance on day 1 totally screwed with everybody's inactivity. I tried to counter this by being like "oh I dunno, what do YOU think?" Also, from what I could tell, a lot of you were really active, but not on the forums. You all were figuring out, by yourself, the pairs and what to do with them. Had I not been in the center of the alliance I would have been horribly dissatisfied with this game because of the level of public activity. This is why Afro's all green game would rock. If nobody has anything (read: blues) to lose, they won't be afraid about publicly showing everything!
                  So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

                  In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

                  So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
                  And I write the blog for their website.

                  Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

                  Comment

                  • talisman
                    Resident Penguin
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • May 2003
                    • 4598

                    #24
                    RE: Re: RE: TWG XXIII Postgame

                    meh I tried to be active both behind the scenes and in the thread. Towards the end of the game as I knew more and more I became less and less active in the thread just to protect information, but whatever.

                    I know fish and I were constantly talking etc, figuring stuff out, comparing convos and stuff. I tried to come with ideas for eb to use and stuff too (the whole asking partners for their convos with each other was my idea). Some people weren't helping too much though (guido and ld especially, although some of that may have been role-related).

                    I think it was a fun experiment, not my most favorite game (that would still have to be eb's) and worth trying. If we ever do it again in the future, I think it might be interesting to pair one or more of the wolves with a human. Add a whole new layer of paranoia.

                    Comment

                    • GuidoHunter
                      is against custom titles
                      • Oct 2003
                      • 7371

                      #25
                      I'm pretty sure all activity was just behind the scenes. There was PLENTY of quality discussion, just behind the scenes. That only sucked for you because your partner (me) didn't do anything. This game was fine, even if the number of pages on the forums was relatively low.

                      talisman, I'm pretty sure we did wolf matt just to get into the alliance. The game looked pretty stacked against us, so it was the only thing we could do to balance it a bit. I didn't want Tass to be the widow just because that would look sketchy, so I did it. Kind of sucks, though, because I didn't do anything. I honestly don't have any idea how I could have gotten any information at all, let alone the guardian's name, from him though.

                      And Afro, gg, you beat Tasselwolf when it was 2 v. everyone else in mason pairs. I really think that if I had played this game we could have worked y'all over. But, I didn't. I feel pretty bad for letting my team down, but I had neither the motivation nor the desire to catch up and be a part of this game.

                      On that note, NEVER LET ME BE INACTIVE AGAIN. Seriously, my being inactive is hereby a GREAT reason to vote to lynch me. If I'm under pressure (and it's not futile, like the end of this game), I will be active, whether as a human or a wolf. Got it? Don't let me be inactive. I don't like it, but when I'm dodging all suspicion I have no motivation to return.

                      I have no idea why the Qreepy kill went down; I wasn't even there for discussion of it. I wolfed LD because it was painfully obvious (after the saving) that he was the guardian, as he said.

                      OH!

                      So, I basically revealed myself as a wolf to eb in my convo with Hans. I was talking to Hans and speculating that he was a wolf and wolfed matt on Night 1. Well, why would I do that if I were human and knew that matt was human? Thankfully, eb totally missed this.

                      --Guido


                      Originally posted by Grandiagod
                      Originally posted by Grandiagod
                      She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
                      Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

                      Comment

                      • GuidoHunter
                        is against custom titles
                        • Oct 2003
                        • 7371

                        #26
                        By the way, mead, the story was AWESOME.

                        Except for the part where you called me a BAND GEEK. I actually got offended at that, being as how band sucks and that I make fun of band geeks.

                        ...

                        Asshole...

                        ...

                        --Guido


                        Originally posted by Grandiagod
                        Originally posted by Grandiagod
                        She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
                        Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

                        Comment

                        • talisman
                          Resident Penguin
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • May 2003
                          • 4598

                          #27
                          ...but you wouldn't have gotten into the alliance after my pm, or at least not any further into than anyone else got. Hell, eb didn't tell me the pairs and shit until the last day when the guardian died and he knew that he'd need someone to carry on the alliance. Whatever, it would have definitely played out in your favor had we not gotten lucky with lynching a pair day one and two, as when three showed up on day three we would have all been like "oh it must have been one of x's or y's partners" with x and y being who we lynched day one and two.

                          Comment

                          • GuidoHunter
                            is against custom titles
                            • Oct 2003
                            • 7371

                            #28
                            That was the plan. And, that since you sent the PM, nobody would expect it.

                            --Guido


                            Originally posted by Grandiagod
                            Originally posted by Grandiagod
                            She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
                            Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

                            Comment

                            • talisman
                              Resident Penguin
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • May 2003
                              • 4598

                              #29
                              why blah?

                              that didn't make much sense to me.

                              Comment

                              • GuidoHunter
                                is against custom titles
                                • Oct 2003
                                • 7371

                                #30
                                Guardian fishing, maybe? I dunno, I'm not the one to answer "why did you wolf ____" questions. I could look through my logs, but that would be the most effort I would have put into this game.

                                --Guido


                                Originally posted by Grandiagod
                                Originally posted by Grandiagod
                                She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
                                Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

                                Comment

                                Working...