TWG 190 Postgame

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MixMasterLar
    Beach Bum Extraordinaire
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Aug 2006
    • 5401

    #16
    Re: TWG 190 Postgame

    Ok but the fact Riot dipped for almost a whole phase after reads really undersales the story you're pitching, inD. Had he been around to argue and refute arguments while defining his reads in the first half of the phase he wouldn't have been the lynch. You can not use this as an example of someone punished for activity because that's absolutely false.

    ...


    The way I see the community is barely playing anyway, so I don't see how game bans hurt activity.

    In all honestly if players who don't play get banned and then there's not enough players to play thats when you know it's time to sail from the dock and find another home for the ship. But in truth, we should probably just break for the season and maybe after everyone is passed the holidays they'll be more interest in playing TWG.
    ​

    Comment

    • mellon_collie
      FFR Player
      • May 2017
      • 156

      #17
      Re: TWG 190 Postgame

      Originally posted by Gradiant
      Can't really point fingers at others for 'throwing' after that shitshow of a third phase where you, ffa, and shadow tunneled onto charu, absolutely ignoring everything.
      ;_; I tried ok

      Comment

      • Charu
        Snivy! Dohoho!
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Mar 2006
        • 6207

        #18
        Re: TWG 190 Postgame

        Originally posted by MixMasterLar
        In all honestly if players who don't play get banned and then there's not enough players to play thats when you know it's time to sail from the dock and find another home for the ship. But in truth, we should probably just break for the season and maybe after everyone is passed the holidays they'll be more interest in playing TWG.
        Think FFRTWG is dead.

        There, I pretty much just said it.


        Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
        Charu the red-nosed Snivy
        Had a very shiny nose
        And if you ever saw it
        You could even say it glows

        All of the other Snivies
        Used to laugh and call him names
        They never let poor Charu
        Join in any Snivy games

        (Click the arrow to see the rest)


        Originally posted by Vendetta21
        All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

        Comment

        • Gradiant
          FFR's Resident Trashpanda
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Sep 2012
          • 1100

          #19
          Re: TWG 190 Postgame

          Originally posted by mellon_collie
          ;_; I tried ok
          nah Mellon, you had some good posts and were considering multiple worlds. Wasn't talking about you

          Comment

          • Charu
            Snivy! Dohoho!
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Mar 2006
            • 6207

            #20
            Re: TWG 190 Postgame

            Oh hold on, I wanna screencap something I thought was really funny


            Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
            Charu the red-nosed Snivy
            Had a very shiny nose
            And if you ever saw it
            You could even say it glows

            All of the other Snivies
            Used to laugh and call him names
            They never let poor Charu
            Join in any Snivy games

            (Click the arrow to see the rest)


            Originally posted by Vendetta21
            All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

            Comment

            • MixMasterLar
              Beach Bum Extraordinaire
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Aug 2006
              • 5401

              #21
              Re: TWG 190 Postgame

              Originally posted by Gradiant
              More like town lost because you guys picked lynch targets within very first part of the day phase and then either didn't post or flat-out refused to read. Can't really point fingers at others for 'throwing' after that shitshow of a third phase where you, ffa, and shadow tunneled onto charu, absolutely ignoring everything.
              By ignoring everything do you mean ignore Charu because that's pretty much all there was, dispite my efforts to try and keep some form of discussion going (part of the reason I was against insta'ing)

              Also that's no where near the same level as "forget game, drunk, vote me idgaf I didn't want to play" lmao I get you enjoy pointing fingers at those who point fingers but that's literally all you're doing right now, and that's all I'll say on that subject.
              ​

              Comment

              • Charu
                Snivy! Dohoho!
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Mar 2006
                • 6207

                #22
                Re: TWG 190 Postgame



                Fuckin'

                L O L


                Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                Had a very shiny nose
                And if you ever saw it
                You could even say it glows

                All of the other Snivies
                Used to laugh and call him names
                They never let poor Charu
                Join in any Snivy games

                (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                Originally posted by Vendetta21
                All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                Comment

                • roundbox
                  fhqwhgads
                  • Feb 2005
                  • 2086

                  #23
                  Re: TWG 190 Postgame

                  I'd play if I wasn't getting adjusted to my new job

                  this ain't over til it's over

                  we had a decent 22 player game and a decent 17 player game this summer

                  inactives sprinkled throughout but it's more than enough to do a standard 13 player game
                  Originally posted by the sun fan
                  I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



                  Comment

                  • MixMasterLar
                    Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Aug 2006
                    • 5401

                    #24
                    Re: TWG 190 Postgame

                    Originally posted by Charu
                    Think FFRTWG is dead.

                    There, I pretty much just said it.
                    I mean, it absolutely is right now.

                    We clearly just need to step away, not try to have a new game just because we're use to a new game everytime one wraps up, and just come back refreshed.

                    I think a break would probably be healthy for everyone, worst case it never gets off the ground but at this point that's what's gonna happen anyway.
                    ​

                    Comment

                    • Charu
                      Snivy! Dohoho!
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Mar 2006
                      • 6207

                      #25
                      Re: TWG 190 Postgame

                      Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                      By ignoring everything do you mean ignore Charu because that's pretty much all there was, dispite my efforts to try and keep some form of discussion going (part of the reason I was against insta'ing)

                      Also that's no where near the same level as "forget game, drunk, vote me idgaf I didn't want to play" lmao I get you enjoy pointing fingers at those who point fingers but that's literally all you're doing right now, and that's all I'll say on that subject.
                      If it means anything, I have no problem with the Svaz lynch and probably would still consider that world if I was still in the game.

                      Still, there were several instances for, not just you, but majority of players to put in work and make a case on someone. It kind of all boiled down, least from what I saw.

                      [quote post]

                      Mmm, I think might be wolfin'

                      [stick with decision rest of the game without reconsidering]


                      Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                      Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                      Had a very shiny nose
                      And if you ever saw it
                      You could even say it glows

                      All of the other Snivies
                      Used to laugh and call him names
                      They never let poor Charu
                      Join in any Snivy games

                      (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                      Originally posted by Vendetta21
                      All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                      Comment

                      • MixMasterLar
                        Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Aug 2006
                        • 5401

                        #26
                        Re: TWG 190 Postgame

                        Roundbox I like that spirit man but sometimes I don't really feel it
                        ​

                        Comment

                        • Charu
                          Snivy! Dohoho!
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Mar 2006
                          • 6207

                          #27
                          Re: TWG 190 Postgame

                          Originally posted by Charu
                          If it means anything, I have no problem with the Svaz lynch and probably would still consider that world if I was still in the game.

                          Still, there were several instances for, not just you, but majority of players to put in work and make a case on someone. It kind of all boiled down, least from what I saw.

                          [quote post]

                          Mmm, I think might be wolfin'

                          [stick with decision rest of the game without reconsidering]
                          I mean, if anything. It does go against the "lynch all inactives" thing, because Svaz was town this time, lol


                          Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                          Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                          Had a very shiny nose
                          And if you ever saw it
                          You could even say it glows

                          All of the other Snivies
                          Used to laugh and call him names
                          They never let poor Charu
                          Join in any Snivy games

                          (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                          Originally posted by Vendetta21
                          All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                          Comment

                          • roundbox
                            fhqwhgads
                            • Feb 2005
                            • 2086

                            #28
                            Re: TWG 190 Postgame

                            Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                            Roundbox I like that spirit man but sometimes I don't really feel it
                            22 people is a huge number

                            considering we only need 13 to run a "pretty cool game", I think we can pull it off when people are less busy

                            9 player game crunch time IMO
                            Originally posted by the sun fan
                            I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



                            Comment

                            • MixMasterLar
                              Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Aug 2006
                              • 5401

                              #29
                              Re: TWG 190 Postgame

                              Originally posted by Charu
                              If it means anything, I have no problem with the Svaz lynch and probably would still consider that world if I was still in the game.

                              Still, there were several instances for, not just you, but majority of players to put in work and make a case on someone. It kind of all boiled down, least from what I saw.

                              [quote post]

                              Mmm, I think might be wolfin'

                              [stick with decision rest of the game without reconsidering]
                              I admit I'm guilty of that too at times.
                              I don't think I can defend the Charu lynch because in hindsight I should of seen that you where actively fighting it and others where coasting along. I believed what I believed at the time though and hey since we're on the subject just what was that backup plan is to be lynched thing anyway? I'm still baffled you typed that as town
                              ​

                              Comment

                              • Charu
                                Snivy! Dohoho!
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Mar 2006
                                • 6207

                                #30
                                Re: TWG 190 Postgame

                                Simple, it would've made everyone actively look at my reads list and go from there.

                                Unfortunately I was wrong about backpack, but Funny was just as red as storn was in my long list.

                                I was hoping if I were to die, then the rest would actually take it into account and go after Funny.


                                Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                                Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                                Had a very shiny nose
                                And if you ever saw it
                                You could even say it glows

                                All of the other Snivies
                                Used to laugh and call him names
                                They never let poor Charu
                                Join in any Snivy games

                                (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                                Originally posted by Vendetta21
                                All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                                Comment

                                Working...