TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Celirra
    FFR Player
    • Apr 2015
    • 749

    #2761
    Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

    Originally posted by the sun fan
    would it ease your mind celery if Tps didn't hide tonight unless a scum is lynched today?
    town has 0% chance of losing tonight if we mislynch if he doesn't hide behind someone
    this is not true
    if town is lynched this phase and tps does not hide, we would be down to 4 after the two nk's
    ,,
     ,_, -ー'"{
     ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
     ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
    彡と} 猫.{つ

    Comment

    • Celirra
      FFR Player
      • Apr 2015
      • 749

      #2762
      Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

      4 is the 2:1:1 situation potentially
      ,,
       ,_, -ー'"{
       ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
       ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
      彡と} 猫.{つ

      Comment

      • the sun fan
        FFR Player
        • Mar 2017
        • 658

        #2763
        Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

        UGH I'm trying here
        TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

        FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

        Comment

        • blindreper1179
          Vice President Of TGB
          • Jun 2006
          • 5902

          #2764
          Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

          guys look.

          If we don't lynch; Either sunfan, celirra, tps, or myself are being nightkilled. Now, whether they get stacked or not doesn't matter. We're still stuck with the people we are not sure of.

          If we do lynch, we have the BEST chance at town winning this game. and I get its a high risk high reward kind of. But if we hit a scum, we get a major boost and are ahead of the game.
          Originally posted by thesunfan
          absolutely I want to vomit on your face irl
          Originally posted by choof
          It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
          Originally posted by choof
          whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
          Originally posted by Celirra
          I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now

          Comment

          • Celirra
            FFR Player
            • Apr 2015
            • 749

            #2765
            Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

            I am not a gambler and I think the safe choice is the best choice
            ,,
             ,_, -ー'"{
             ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
             ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
            彡と} 猫.{つ

            Comment

            • the sun fan
              FFR Player
              • Mar 2017
              • 658

              #2766
              Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

              we'll so long as we have more people who aren't gamblers, then I'm ok

              gamblers being people not comfortable with taking a risk with around 5% chance of strong downside, and 95% chance of good to strong upside
              TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

              FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

              Comment

              • the sun fan
                FFR Player
                • Mar 2017
                • 658

                #2767
                Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                surely you understand that the SK and the wolf want to kill towns tonight, Celery.

                Our position is not a bad one, but if we sleep, we lose that advantage

                we know that between inD, fg, blind and precarious, there is both a serial killer and a wolf (assuming Tps is real)

                that's 1/2 for hitting a wolf completely discarding reads. Surely that outweighs your fear of a """"""1/3""""""
                TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                Comment

                • Celirra
                  FFR Player
                  • Apr 2015
                  • 749

                  #2768
                  Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                  We are currently at 7. Likely 5/1/1.
                  let me evaluate two scenarios, with their subscenarios:



                  Lynch this phase

                  Proper lynch
                  The absolute best case scenario. 5/1/0 (or 5/0/1, either way) after vote, down to 4/0/1 (ignoring fringe case of tps surviving with hiding). This is great! Hurray! Theoretically for me I have a 50% chance of this working regardless of reads, indeed.


                  Mislynch
                  The absolute worst case scenario. 4/1/1 after vote, down to fourpossibilities after night kills (tps pls dont hide if this happens):

                  4/0/0: Wow this is great, but super unlikely I think.
                  3/1/0: Well hey, technically the same as the proper lynch route, but still not most likely
                  2/1/1: This sucks, we lose unless we get lucky.
                  3/1/1: Vote stacking, lucky us!

                  Out of these options, #3 and #4 are the most likely. #4 is not gg, but #3 is; it would effectively be another coin flip and I dont like relying on double coin flips.


                  Sleep this phase

                  We would be 5/1/1 with all assumptions right now. That leads to all the end results above, but with a +1 to the town count. That sounds pretty nice! That +1 would eliminate the double coinflip scenario from being potentially lethal.


                  And I don't think it would detriment us at all either. We would still have the same number of lynches at our disposal if we sleep on average, but it is a much safer bet as well due to the lack of the lethal outcome possibility.


                  I don't know why you want to risk a loss when we don't have to.
                  ,,
                   ,_, -ー'"{
                   ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
                   ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
                  彡と} 猫.{つ

                  Comment

                  • Funnygurl555
                    T-Force's Rival
                    • Dec 2010
                    • 1865

                    #2769
                    Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                    i think thesunfan's got this
                    Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                    is funny eaman?
                    Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
                    Originally posted by the sun fan
                    GET DUNKED FUNNY
                    (eaman is her name irl, friend)

                    Comment

                    • Celirra
                      FFR Player
                      • Apr 2015
                      • 749

                      #2770
                      Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                      zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
                      ,,
                       ,_, -ー'"{
                       ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
                       ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
                      彡と} 猫.{つ

                      Comment

                      • the sun fan
                        FFR Player
                        • Mar 2017
                        • 658

                        #2771
                        Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                        yes, the thing is
                        you don't discard reads

                        blind is never a wolf and tbh I'll go as far as to say that he's never the SK either, something that I think you agree with, so lets discard him
                        funny is pretty much never a wolf imo (though she can be SK, I don't think its likely)

                        so, as long as we lynch Prec or inD, I'm a happy boy

                        of course it requires me to be right about my reads but that's what this whole fuckin TWG thing is about

                        having good reads as town and convincing others that your reads are right (equally as important is knowing when you're wrong and when other people have good cases for good reasons etc)

                        the chance of not hitting one of those two scum today (again, assuming Tps is telling the truth) is just so minuscule to me.

                        As you have pointed out, we have the same number of lynches on average (I haven't done the math and it sounds icky so I'll just assume you're right). The reason why you still want to lynch is because we could lose the average number of lynches, which is far more important than anything else. Yes, we can be put into a horrible position, one that I'll ever go so far as to call hopeless even though there is hope in it for the sake of argument.

                        But is so unlikely that I can't see how its worth potentially losing a lynch, and almost certainly losing 2 towns, for the sake of not losing the game because it puts us in a situation where, guess what, we're in a pretty bad position tomorrow almost all of the time.

                        You're evaluating each possibility equally.

                        The wolf is (most likely, its really up to them based on the information they posess etc etc but they """""mechanically""""" probably find themself in a situation where the 2-1-1 split is not favored for them) NOT going to try and shoot the SK. They are going to shoot one of you or me.
                        The Sk is NOT going to try and shoot the wolf. They are going to shoot you or me because they WANT to be in the 2-1-1 split because it gives them the best chance of winning (most likely).

                        The possibilities are not equal. Town will be severely behind if we sleep; scum WANT to trigger the worst possible scenario for town, and its incredibly easy for them to do that since they know that both you and I are exactly VT and that's the kind of player they want to shoot.

                        So its a 50/50 that they shoot the same one between us, lets say. 3/1/0 Is the same as lynching properly, SO WHY NOT TRY AND LYNCH PROPERLY WHEN ITS NEVER BEEN EASIER IN THE WHOLE GAME. Saves us having to coinflip between a playable but pretty silly 3-1-0/3-0-1 and an absolutely terrible 2-1-1.
                        TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                        FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                        Comment

                        • blindreper1179
                          Vice President Of TGB
                          • Jun 2006
                          • 5902

                          #2772
                          Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                          sunfans right ya know.
                          Originally posted by thesunfan
                          absolutely I want to vomit on your face irl
                          Originally posted by choof
                          It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
                          Originally posted by choof
                          whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
                          Originally posted by Celirra
                          I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now

                          Comment

                          • the sun fan
                            FFR Player
                            • Mar 2017
                            • 658

                            #2773
                            Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                            also worth being scared of:
                            Tps is at 2 posts atm so
                            I hope he gets like 8 more that would be great
                            TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                            FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                            Comment

                            • Tps222
                              FFR Player
                              • Nov 2004
                              • 6169

                              #2774
                              Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                              Alright, home and caught back up.

                              We absolutely should be lynching today, I understand what Celirra is saying but I agree more with Sunfan's line of reasoning here, like the ol' Coach Herm Edwards famously said "You play to win the game".

                              Comment

                              • Celirra
                                FFR Player
                                • Apr 2015
                                • 749

                                #2775
                                Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                                zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
                                ,,
                                 ,_, -ー'"{
                                 ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
                                 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
                                彡と} 猫.{つ

                                Comment

                                Working...