TWG CLXX Anything but Nekopara Game Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • FreezinIce
    FFR Player
    • May 2005
    • 265

    #2491
    Re: TWG CLXX Anything but Nekopara Game Thread

    Heres me pulling the curtain back and attempting to level with you, it didnt take me HOURS to come fully to the conclusion i did.

    A big chunk of that time was just spent watching umineko let's plays partly because i wanted to make absolutely sure i knew what i was talking about and partly cause it was genuinely entertaining. I'll lay out the flow of how i arrived where i did.

    let me preface this again by saying going in to this the only think i knew about umineko was that it was

    >A murder mystery VN

    >Furudo Erika was in this series (I had previously googled to figure out who the character was that you were posting images of)

    Googling "Detective Proclamation" brought up immediately umineko material. So at this point, since you and roundbox spent all game previously talking about umineko i feel that im on the right track and the secret message is in fact a message couched in umineko terminology.

    My next move was to google "Detective Proclaimation umineko." This gave me the lions share of the information i synthesized to come to my conclusions: The wiki page for the term that referenced Van Dines and Knox's laws for detective fiction, the page for red truth (which i later found out was a facet of the detective role), a youtube lets play of umineko with a title called "Detective Proclaimation" (of which i watched several videos), a wordpress blog that, while not as helpful as the other things i discovered introduced me to how detectives make deductions that i would borrow for a later post.

    Somewhere along the way I unknowingly found the actual answer i was seeking couched in a tumblr blog (it described a situation where Erika did not make a detectives proclamation, so she could commit a murder herself). I was convinced Van Dines/Knox's laws held the key, so I pored over them and pieced together a likely hypothesis based on the situation we found ourselves in. Then I shared it.

    thats my thought and investigative process recalled to the best of my memory.
    ========

    To let the world be.

    ========

    Originally posted by Charu
    Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


    Originally posted by mellon_collie
    AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
    Originally posted by roundbox
    AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


    Originally posted by Afrobean
    Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
    Originally posted by Red
    My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
    Originally posted by TWG Ike
    SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

    Comment

    • Wayward Vagabond
      Confirmed Heartbreaker
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Jul 2012
      • 5866

      #2492
      Re: TWG CLXX Anything but Nekopara Game Thread

      just a heads up i have two interviews tomorrow so i'll be gone for huge chunks of time considering how far the interviews are from my house/each other and i have to help my sister out with some things. i should be back by 5ish pst


      i hate that i was played by sanz and freezin. this just goes to show that i'm a garbage player. i'm going to try to do what i can when i get back because i don't want to be the reason we lose. i dont want or need something like this hanging over my head

      Comment

      • the sun fan
        FFR Player
        • Mar 2017
        • 658

        #2493
        Re: TWG CLXX Anything but Nekopara Game Thread

        no votes have been cast
        TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

        FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

        Comment

        • DaBackpack
          ~ お ま ん こ ~
          • Mar 2014
          • 918

          #2494
          Re: TWG CLXX Anything but Nekopara Game Thread

          bump


          Originally posted by Moogy
          no one cares
          Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
          there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
          that's kind of a sad statistic

          Comment

          • Gradiant
            FFR's Resident Trashpanda
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Sep 2012
            • 1100

            #2495
            Re: TWG CLXX Anything but Nekopara Game Thread

            ill be at work rest of tonight.
            Freezin, sanzath, and wv need to make cases on why the other 2 are scummier than themselves

            Comment

            • sanzath
              retired from rhythm games
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Sep 2005
              • 322

              #2496
              Re: TWG CLXX Anything but Nekopara Game Thread

              Originally posted by DaBackpack
              this could honestly go both ways

              if he's a wolf, tinfoiling against a confirmed vigilante is fucking stupid
              To be sure, blind flipping godfather confirmed the setup even before the 2 kills during the night did
              Originally posted by xXOpkillerXx
              your name should be wolf
              Originally posted by Hakulyte
              I wish I could vote you a 2nd time.

              Comment

              • DaBackpack
                ~ お ま ん こ ~
                • Mar 2014
                • 918

                #2497
                Re: TWG CLXX Anything but Nekopara Game Thread

                Originally posted by sanzath
                To be sure, blind flipping godfather confirmed the setup even before the 2 kills during the night did
                I'm saying that you tinfoiling on me before blind's flip looks good for you


                Originally posted by Moogy
                no one cares
                Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                that's kind of a sad statistic

                Comment

                • DaBackpack
                  ~ お ま ん こ ~
                  • Mar 2014
                  • 918

                  #2498
                  Re: TWG CLXX Anything but Nekopara Game Thread

                  three people are on the chopping block in LYLO and none of them are doing anything which is making me kinda sad


                  Originally posted by Moogy
                  no one cares
                  Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                  there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                  that's kind of a sad statistic

                  Comment

                  • sanzath
                    retired from rhythm games
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Sep 2005
                    • 322

                    #2499
                    Re: TWG CLXX Anything but Nekopara Game Thread

                    I've only got notes for d0, and even then they only cover most of d0 (up to post #900 out of 1000 or so), but I'll start with this anyway before going into ISOs, since my notes capture interactions more than ISOs do.

                    Starting with blind:

                    Originally posted by blindreper1179
                    I almost always vote someone out of the gate. I wouldn't read into it too much.

                    Anyways, I'm going with WV because he didn't invite me to his lit af party.
                    First post was a shitvote on gradiant (town), which he moved to a shitvote on wv (red). Probably not much to get here, since it's such shit and it's so early into the game.

                    Originally posted by blindreper1179
                    Originally posted by DaBackpack
                    yoshl why are you voting for raeko now when she's not even present
                    Easy target.
                    Soft defense of raeko, probably so yoshl gets his vote off of her

                    Originally posted by blindreper1179
                    Originally posted by Charu
                    Originally posted by mellonxcollie
                    I had to google what that was lol

                    Well, SAME TO YOU! there was hardly any content to comment on within those first 10 pages
                    Ya didn't throw punches though! Ya only commented about the very first vote being not serious!

                    Reeeeerrrrrrrrr!!!
                    "Imma look like im doing stuff, but I'm just kinda repeating shit."
                    Throws some shade on raeko after her first few posts, but not enough to go anywhere with it. I'm actually seeing some frustration from blind since his wolf partner manages to be Not Great™ from the very start. They probably go on to have a nice long conversation about activity level in wolfchat.

                    Originally posted by blindreper1179
                    How should you not be? You want to kill everyone but two people besides yourself. That's nor scummy at all....

                    You're pushing for shit to happen without pushing.

                    It's like you wanna look important without earning that position.
                    Originally posted by blindreper1179
                    Originally posted by Wayward Vagabond
                    i've already mentioned my thoughts on xiz. i don't like him as a lynch but he's the best candidate. he isn't really playing the same compared to the last wolf game i played with him. but dbp's post about being easily swayed has me edgy about him.
                    You don't like the lynch. Is it because you think he's town?

                    If he's the best candidate, do you think he's scum?

                    I don't see what you're leaning.
                    After reading xiz as scum really hard, he goes on to ask wv about his position on xiz, in an effort to push his teammate towards a firmer scum read on a good lynch, which leads us to the following post:

                    Originally posted by Wayward Vagabond
                    i don't like the lynch because i'm not entirely sure he's scum

                    i guess scum lean would be what i have xiz as
                    If I had to guess, wolfchat looked something like: "Hey you should scumlean xiz, but be uncertain about it, it'll make you look good". Both dbp and yoshl ended up giving wv shit for it - probably not the intended effect, unless blind really wanted to bus both of his partners.


                    Raeko (Freezin's slot):

                    She actually does basically nothing tbh

                    Her first post is basically nothing, and her leaving thread after so few posts because it was too nerdy shows a really low investment in the game

                    Originally posted by mellonxcollie
                    Sorry I got pulled away earlier I'm pretty much fully caught up

                    Does anybody care to explain why everyone is so sure about Xiz? I think these things look pretty bad


                    what DBP mentions in this post really stuck out to me while reading. reminded me of how Lar plays as a wolf by openly discrediting other people's opinions when they are on the right track


                    But I still see it within Xiz's personality and play style to be a bit aggressive in this way? I'm not sure
                    The same feigned uncertainty as wv, but with a little more credibility instead of it just being "well he isn't 100% so I don't wanna lynch him"

                    Originally posted by mellonxcollie
                    if we're at the point where we are talking openly, even vaguely, in the thread... any competent wolf team has it figured out. And the more we talk about things the more they know. that's how I feel about that
                    Going for some sweet sweet town cred?


                    WV:

                    Originally posted by Wayward Vagabond
                    raeko how does gradient know you were going to post the way you are
                    Originally posted by Wayward Vagabond
                    Originally posted by Gradiant
                    Other than that, mellon's playing exactly how I thought she would when I saw she was a possible replacement. Barely posting and only coming in to make like one or two posts about stuff that was already said to look like she's participating. Really gross
                    because the way he worded this is really sketchy
                    Originally posted by mellonxcollie
                    It's a meta read. he assumes just because I have a reputation for not posting a lot. The way I see it, many people on FFR who have high TWG post counts clutter the thread with tons of shit posts, jokes, or single points that could be condensed into one post. That's just not my play style and I prefer to contribute when I have something to say *shrug*
                    This is probably the most suspicious interaction initiated by wv. Why does he ask raeko to explain grad's reasoning? If it was to know why grad knew, he would have asked grad himself. If it was to get specifically raeko's opinion on the matter, then the following:

                    Originally posted by Wayward Vagabond
                    Originally posted by Gradiant
                    And all of that is why I made that post WV. Because she does this every game. I always look at players lists when I join games because that's how I figure out if I'll actually have fun playing or not. When I see mellon playing or as a replacement, I know that either I will have to deal with or might have to deal with somebody barely posting, then maybe coming in to make a couple posts that are super noncommital or repeating what's already been said to look they're helping, and then if people complain about their activity level they get 'well i'm busy sorry'.
                    alright yeah i get you
                    is also weird, because wv just gladly accepts grad's answer, whereas raeko was the person he'd originally asked.
                    Overall, I feel like wv asked raeko the question so he wouldn't have absolutely no interactions with her before EoD, making the interaction between the two look weird and scripted.


                    That's as far as my notes go, I could still pick out interactions with other players but I'll leave that for my ISOs.
                    Originally posted by xXOpkillerXx
                    your name should be wolf
                    Originally posted by Hakulyte
                    I wish I could vote you a 2nd time.

                    Comment

                    • sanzath
                      retired from rhythm games
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Sep 2005
                      • 322

                      #2500
                      Re: TWG CLXX Anything but Nekopara Game Thread

                      Originally posted by DaBackpack
                      three people are on the chopping block in LYLO and none of them are doing anything which is making me kinda sad
                      Long posts with analysis are very time-consuming to write,

                      I'm going to go make supper then do an ISO on freezin probably, unless you want my thoughts on WV first
                      Originally posted by xXOpkillerXx
                      your name should be wolf
                      Originally posted by Hakulyte
                      I wish I could vote you a 2nd time.

                      Comment

                      • FreezinIce
                        FFR Player
                        • May 2005
                        • 265

                        #2501
                        Re: TWG CLXX Anything but Nekopara Game Thread

                        Originally posted by DaBackpack
                        three people are on the chopping block in LYLO and none of them are doing anything which is making me kinda sad
                        Not doing long analysis or analyzing posts on breaks or lunch. I'll be off in a couple of hours.

                        Stop being so impatient.
                        ========

                        To let the world be.

                        ========

                        Originally posted by Charu
                        Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


                        Originally posted by mellon_collie
                        AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
                        Originally posted by roundbox
                        AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


                        Originally posted by Afrobean
                        Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
                        Originally posted by Red
                        My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
                        Originally posted by TWG Ike
                        SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

                        Comment

                        • DaBackpack
                          ~ お ま ん こ ~
                          • Mar 2014
                          • 918

                          #2502
                          Re: TWG CLXX Anything but Nekopara Game Thread

                          Originally posted by FreezinIce
                          Not doing long analysis or analyzing posts on breaks or lunch. I'll be off in a couple of hours.

                          Stop being so impatient.
                          lick my butthole


                          Originally posted by Moogy
                          no one cares
                          Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                          there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                          that's kind of a sad statistic

                          Comment

                          • DaBackpack
                            ~ お ま ん こ ~
                            • Mar 2014
                            • 918

                            #2503
                            Re: TWG CLXX Anything but Nekopara Game Thread

                            Originally posted by sanzath
                            I've only got notes for d0, and even then they only cover most of d0 (up to post #900 out of 1000 or so), but I'll start with this anyway before going into ISOs, since my notes capture interactions more than ISOs do.

                            Starting with blind:



                            First post was a shitvote on gradiant (town), which he moved to a shitvote on wv (red). Probably not much to get here, since it's such shit and it's so early into the game.



                            Soft defense of raeko, probably so yoshl gets his vote off of her



                            Throws some shade on raeko after her first few posts, but not enough to go anywhere with it. I'm actually seeing some frustration from blind since his wolf partner manages to be Not Great™ from the very start. They probably go on to have a nice long conversation about activity level in wolfchat.





                            After reading xiz as scum really hard, he goes on to ask wv about his position on xiz, in an effort to push his teammate towards a firmer scum read on a good lynch, which leads us to the following post:



                            If I had to guess, wolfchat looked something like: "Hey you should scumlean xiz, but be uncertain about it, it'll make you look good". Both dbp and yoshl ended up giving wv shit for it - probably not the intended effect, unless blind really wanted to bus both of his partners.


                            Raeko (Freezin's slot):

                            She actually does basically nothing tbh

                            Her first post is basically nothing, and her leaving thread after so few posts because it was too nerdy shows a really low investment in the game



                            The same feigned uncertainty as wv, but with a little more credibility instead of it just being "well he isn't 100% so I don't wanna lynch him"



                            Going for some sweet sweet town cred?


                            WV:







                            This is probably the most suspicious interaction initiated by wv. Why does he ask raeko to explain grad's reasoning? If it was to know why grad knew, he would have asked grad himself. If it was to get specifically raeko's opinion on the matter, then the following:



                            is also weird, because wv just gladly accepts grad's answer, whereas raeko was the person he'd originally asked.
                            Overall, I feel like wv asked raeko the question so he wouldn't have absolutely no interactions with her before EoD, making the interaction between the two look weird and scripted.


                            That's as far as my notes go, I could still pick out interactions with other players but I'll leave that for my ISOs.
                            I'm a little confused here --- are these actually your notes from D0? Because you have info from blind's flip in there and other stuff


                            Originally posted by Moogy
                            no one cares
                            Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                            there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                            that's kind of a sad statistic

                            Comment

                            • DaBackpack
                              ~ お ま ん こ ~
                              • Mar 2014
                              • 918

                              #2504
                              Re: TWG CLXX Anything but Nekopara Game Thread

                              honestly if you want you can just dump your entire txt of your notes here

                              I don't care if they're wrong, but seeing your actual, unfiltered thoughts to yourself would be really useful


                              Originally posted by Moogy
                              no one cares
                              Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                              there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                              that's kind of a sad statistic

                              Comment

                              • DaBackpack
                                ~ お ま ん こ ~
                                • Mar 2014
                                • 918

                                #2505
                                Re: TWG CLXX Anything but Nekopara Game Thread

                                Originally posted by DaBackpack
                                honestly if you want you can just dump your entire txt of your notes here

                                I don't care if they're wrong, but seeing your actual, unfiltered thoughts to yourself would be really useful
                                like literally, if you just dump your notes in this thread it would look really good for you, even if there's no formatting at all

                                it should take like 2 mins


                                Originally posted by Moogy
                                no one cares
                                Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                                there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                                that's kind of a sad statistic

                                Comment

                                Working...