TWG CLIX: Form your special exclusive groups now! - Game Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Charu
    Snivy! Dohoho!
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Mar 2006
    • 6207

    #2326
    Re: TWG CLIX: Form your special exclusive groups now! - Game Thread

    MML was clearly going to die, as was seen posted by literally everyone reading him town


    Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
    Charu the red-nosed Snivy
    Had a very shiny nose
    And if you ever saw it
    You could even say it glows

    All of the other Snivies
    Used to laugh and call him names
    They never let poor Charu
    Join in any Snivy games

    (Click the arrow to see the rest)


    Originally posted by Vendetta21
    All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

    Comment

    • Precarious
      Unacceptable
      • Mar 2014
      • 208

      #2327
      Re: TWG CLIX: Form your special exclusive groups now! - Game Thread

      Originally posted by Charu
      In the off distance chance Zenith is actually the SK, then I'll stop playing TWG here for a good while.
      Please don't do that. Every mafia/TWG community needs a player like you to keep a thread moving in the early game. It would just help if you had some capacity for self-reflection later on.

      Comment

      • Charu
        Snivy! Dohoho!
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Mar 2006
        • 6207

        #2328
        Re: TWG CLIX: Form your special exclusive groups now! - Game Thread

        Oh gee golly, wanna know who wasn't reading MML as clear cut town?


        Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
        Charu the red-nosed Snivy
        Had a very shiny nose
        And if you ever saw it
        You could even say it glows

        All of the other Snivies
        Used to laugh and call him names
        They never let poor Charu
        Join in any Snivy games

        (Click the arrow to see the rest)


        Originally posted by Vendetta21
        All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

        Comment

        • Charu
          Snivy! Dohoho!
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Mar 2006
          • 6207

          #2329
          Re: TWG CLIX: Form your special exclusive groups now! - Game Thread

          Originally posted by Precarious
          XelNya

          Xel takes a non-serious but aggressive tone to start. I still have no idea how to interpret Xel's opening day; it's just so aggressively unhelpful in most places that it kind of defies alignment. There are some little digs here and there at Haku that really irritated Haku. Then was an actual content post (#312 - a few reads) hidden in the middle of the random stuff. I don't really care for all that, because it creates the illusion of activity without having to commit to reads or game ideas, but some people play that way. The thing is, every now and then on D0, there are little snippets where Xel actually plays or makes game related observations. The whole thing is weird.

          Anyway, Xel continues this way for a while. There are some observations on posts he likes, but the opinions feel wrong. On the other hand, he stays on Haku consistently. It's obvious that there's real thinking, regardless of alignment, going on behind the nonsense posting, but it's difficult to get at it. Given that, though, I really don't like the D0 vote on Freezin, because it has nothing to support it.



          I understand coming down on one side or the other, but come on.

          On the second day, Xel's approached changed entirely. He challenged Shado on Shado's bad suggestion of shooting Charu, and started replying to and examining more game stuff. There was a little bit of stuff that looked like buddying with Charu, but that's inevitable in a game based around conversation. #1223 actually contains a lot of real thought and an interesting approach to the Shado shot situation. On reconsideration, though, I'm not so sure what to think of Xel's initial self-inclusion in the shot pool, given that it's almost a dare (and one that's unlikely to be taken up as a result). Didn't fully agree with Zenith on not lynching newcomers, but didn't fully disagree either. Was extremely pissed off for like six straight posts, I think from suspicion? (starting at #1389) Memes coming back too. Goes after Mellon in #1564. Ended up voting DFR in the DFR/Juckter split.

          Started off with some mechanical speculation abouts the second night's two kills, then did this scummy feeling thing where he asked about who Charu guarded (Charu responded that he wasn't guarding anyone). Acknowledged a weak EoD. Mixed in images and sarcasm with real arguments, sort of a blend of the first two days. Did not like psycho. Made a case against psycho as the serial killer, based on towniness. Not super convincing to me, but at the very least it was an effort post.

          Today, acknowledged that the night kills look bad, but argued that he'd have never done them as a result. That invites a WIFOM argument, which set off a small war of words over terminology. Sort of suspects me for SK, but doesn't see how the third night kills would make sense if I was (this is funny to me, because the third night is the one that most closely approximates what I would have done if I was). At the same time, NK analysis does require real thought, and some of it outside the box. Got a little snippy while under pressure, although most people do.

          If Mellon and Zenith are the SK pool, then Xel and MML are the wolf pool, and MML looks a lot townier than Xel. The thing is, on its face, there's not a whole lot to pin on Xel. The meme-y, off topic stuff is hard to parse, and there's some real thought in places. I'm not sure how I feel about the early interactions with Haku; I can't tell if its team distancing, real pressure, or somewhere in between. Charu's point that Xel has been reluctant to name a wolf candidate is an interesting one, because I can see that bending in both directions: it could speak to a guilty conscience, or it could speak to real confusion. And then there was the self-shot gambit. Ultimately, I lean toward Xel being the wolf from the remaining player base, but I don't really feel great about it. I'd rather lynch Mellon today, but that's unlikely to happen.
          Precarious.


          Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
          Charu the red-nosed Snivy
          Had a very shiny nose
          And if you ever saw it
          You could even say it glows

          All of the other Snivies
          Used to laugh and call him names
          They never let poor Charu
          Join in any Snivy games

          (Click the arrow to see the rest)


          Originally posted by Vendetta21
          All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

          Comment

          • Charu
            Snivy! Dohoho!
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Mar 2006
            • 6207

            #2330
            Re: TWG CLIX: Form your special exclusive groups now! - Game Thread

            Originally posted by _Zenith_
            Charu please. You always are voice of reason of not jumping the gun, and I fear right now you are under confirmation bias.

            Please reconsider rereading all of us. I actually need to isolate Raeko and I should reread Pre and answer some things.
            There is no voice of reason for this person. It's pretty clear cut. You pleading only reaffirms my town grip on you, by the way.

            Also notice I'm NOT voting? Of course I want mellon's input. It wouldn't be TWG until we got another person barging at Precarious, eh?


            Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
            Charu the red-nosed Snivy
            Had a very shiny nose
            And if you ever saw it
            You could even say it glows

            All of the other Snivies
            Used to laugh and call him names
            They never let poor Charu
            Join in any Snivy games

            (Click the arrow to see the rest)


            Originally posted by Vendetta21
            All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

            Comment

            • Charu
              Snivy! Dohoho!
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Mar 2006
              • 6207

              #2331
              Re: TWG CLIX: Form your special exclusive groups now! - Game Thread

              PS: She's not here. News flash, I would imagine the last remaining SK would be attentive for this final phase.

              If she were here, I would've been more hesitant.

              But she's not, now is she?


              Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
              Charu the red-nosed Snivy
              Had a very shiny nose
              And if you ever saw it
              You could even say it glows

              All of the other Snivies
              Used to laugh and call him names
              They never let poor Charu
              Join in any Snivy games

              (Click the arrow to see the rest)


              Originally posted by Vendetta21
              All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

              Comment

              • Precarious
                Unacceptable
                • Mar 2014
                • 208

                #2332
                Re: TWG CLIX: Form your special exclusive groups now! - Game Thread

                Originally posted by Charu
                PS: She's not here. News flash, I would imagine the last remaining SK would be attentive for this final phase.

                If she were here, I would've been more hesitant.

                But she's not, now is she?
                No, she's not. But that's kind of her meta, isn't it?

                Comment

                • Precarious
                  Unacceptable
                  • Mar 2014
                  • 208

                  #2333
                  Re: TWG CLIX: Form your special exclusive groups now! - Game Thread

                  You're forcing the situation to fit your preconceptions. The funny thing is, I'm not even sure you realize this. But regardless, just indulge me. Do a little review work between now and the end of the day.

                  Comment

                  • Charu
                    Snivy! Dohoho!
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Mar 2006
                    • 6207

                    #2334
                    Re: TWG CLIX: Form your special exclusive groups now! - Game Thread

                    Tell you what, Precarious...



                    If I let this phase go to no lynch, who would kill in the night? Tell me personally, it won't change a thing what I think, so you might as well tell me.


                    Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                    Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                    Had a very shiny nose
                    And if you ever saw it
                    You could even say it glows

                    All of the other Snivies
                    Used to laugh and call him names
                    They never let poor Charu
                    Join in any Snivy games

                    (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                    Originally posted by Vendetta21
                    All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                    Comment

                    • Charu
                      Snivy! Dohoho!
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Mar 2006
                      • 6207

                      #2335
                      Re: TWG CLIX: Form your special exclusive groups now! - Game Thread

                      Originally posted by Precarious
                      You're forcing the situation to fit your preconceptions. The funny thing is, I'm not even sure you realize this. But regardless, just indulge me. Do a little review work between now and the end of the day.
                      I just did, guess you missed my post where I dumped all your silly mega posts.


                      Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                      Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                      Had a very shiny nose
                      And if you ever saw it
                      You could even say it glows

                      All of the other Snivies
                      Used to laugh and call him names
                      They never let poor Charu
                      Join in any Snivy games

                      (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                      Originally posted by Vendetta21
                      All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                      Comment

                      • Charu
                        Snivy! Dohoho!
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Mar 2006
                        • 6207

                        #2336
                        Re: TWG CLIX: Form your special exclusive groups now! - Game Thread

                        But if you want more, lets go then


                        Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                        Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                        Had a very shiny nose
                        And if you ever saw it
                        You could even say it glows

                        All of the other Snivies
                        Used to laugh and call him names
                        They never let poor Charu
                        Join in any Snivy games

                        (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                        Originally posted by Vendetta21
                        All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                        Comment

                        • Precarious
                          Unacceptable
                          • Mar 2014
                          • 208

                          #2337
                          Re: TWG CLIX: Form your special exclusive groups now! - Game Thread

                          Originally posted by Charu
                          I just did, guess you missed my post where I dumped all your silly mega posts.
                          You just did, that's for sure. The thing is, you're not responding to the sentence you think you are. Again, you're forcing the situation to fit your preconceptions. As a result, you consider posting a bunch of my quotes research. I expect more on me, and more on everyone else.

                          Comment

                          • Charu
                            Snivy! Dohoho!
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Mar 2006
                            • 6207

                            #2338
                            Re: TWG CLIX: Form your special exclusive groups now! - Game Thread

                            Hey Pre, remember that time you said "Well of course the most obvious town died Night 1 because he was portraying town to everyone!"

                            Originally posted by Precarious
                            Gradiant being killed isn't particularly surprising; if everyone was town reading him, then that would limit the pool of possible non-town players. inD being killed is a little bit stranger, because inD wasn't being town read to the degree Graidant was, and wasn't able to control conversations the same way. Since it's overwhelmingly unlikely that either death was vig-caused, it's likely that Gradiant was killed by the wolves and inD by the SK, since the SK would have less reason to target obvious town. inD's posts therefore may reveal something useful on reinspection.
                            Originally posted by Precarious
                            Night kills analysis:

                            Gradiant and inD were killed.

                            Gradiant was probably killed by the wolves. He was active and being strongly town read, and accordingly had outsized influence on how the game was proceeding. I'd argue that he was a large part of why Freezin was lynched, but actually looking at the other three Freezin votes there was the chaotic Xel, Shado countervoting, and Charu throwing a Freezin vote at the last second, so I'm not sure that's actually the case. We also know his choice was misplaced. Regardless, his probing seemed generally effective as a discussion tool, and he ability to win arguments made him potentially dangerous to any wolves that might happen to get caught up with him.

                            That leaves inD to have been killed by the SK (the reverse is obviously possible, but is less likely). It's highly unlikely that a vig would have shot on the first night, plus there were only two kills, so we know there was no bodyguard block. An asceticizer hypothetically could have resulted in a two kill night with three attacks, but things breaking that way are profoundly unlikely. There has also been no vig claim.

                            If inD was targeted by the SK, there are several possible reasons. The serial killer needs to survive to win, so the wolves and the cop present an existential threat to the SK. Depending on which flavor of SK we got, one or the other might prove more threatening immediately, but there's a chance the SK believed inD was a wolf or the cop. I'd say a wolf-read was more likely, so revisiting who suspected inD may be relevant. The reverse is also true; lynching is equally a threat to the SK, so anyone inD suspected may have been inclined to target him (n.b. inD was voting juckter). I find this less likely as one vote is hardly enough to cause a lynch and there's the risk of the kill being connected (as it is here), but it's still possible.

                            It seems unlikely to me that the SK would have killed randomly; they have a narrower path to victory. The wolves also are unlikely to have killed randomly; while there's deceptive value in a group RNG-killing, it's wasteful in a game with power roles, and Gradiant seems a very unlikely chance target.

                            ***

                            It warrants revisiting who was suspicious of inD, although an SK might also have hidden that to avoid being linked. Juckter-inD interactions also should be looked at.
                            I do, and wow, who would say such a thing and then say that the "SK" was wolf hunting?

                            Precarious, the SK of course.


                            Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                            Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                            Had a very shiny nose
                            And if you ever saw it
                            You could even say it glows

                            All of the other Snivies
                            Used to laugh and call him names
                            They never let poor Charu
                            Join in any Snivy games

                            (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                            Originally posted by Vendetta21
                            All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                            Comment

                            • Charu
                              Snivy! Dohoho!
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Mar 2006
                              • 6207

                              #2339
                              Re: TWG CLIX: Form your special exclusive groups now! - Game Thread

                              Hey Pre, remember that time when shadow claimed Vigi and you believed him immediately?

                              Originally posted by Precarious
                              I see Shado has hard claimed vig. That's interesting.
                              Originally posted by Precarious
                              ShadoWolfe - Upgraded to null. Regardless of the sincerity of the vig claim, they've played...unburdened today so far. Feels tonally different. It would be a poor decision to lynch at this stage anyway, given the claim.
                              I do.

                              Didn't push Shadow, put him at Null, then put him back in his town pile because no one countered.


                              Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                              Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                              Had a very shiny nose
                              And if you ever saw it
                              You could even say it glows

                              All of the other Snivies
                              Used to laugh and call him names
                              They never let poor Charu
                              Join in any Snivy games

                              (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                              Originally posted by Vendetta21
                              All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                              Comment

                              • Charu
                                Snivy! Dohoho!
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Mar 2006
                                • 6207

                                #2340
                                Re: TWG CLIX: Form your special exclusive groups now! - Game Thread

                                Hey Pre, remember that time you didn't like shadow not wanting to share who he's shooting that one night when FFR loaded slow?

                                Originally posted by Precarious
                                I don't really like Shado not confirming who he's going to shoot. It opens the door for hedging tomorrow if he's not actually a vig. I understand being away, but it's not a good situation.

                                It's hard not to read mellon's enthusiasm for lynching DBP (pre-replacement, obviously) through the lens of self-preservation. Mellon has been under fire for their own inactivity, so pointing to the easiest target, even if that target is worthy of suspicion, is a little overly convenient.

                                I'm curious to see how psycho responds in DBP's place.

                                I'm really not liking the inactives. I was already sort of suspicious of botchi, who's disappeared entirely, and I'm increasingly bothered by juckter. Juckter, when he has posted, has typically tended toward analysis and content. but somewhat vaguely. His style looks worse by its absence. It's not hard to associate the inactivity with being overly careful to avoid traceable reads and content.

                                Juckter gets my vote for the moment at least.
                                I do


                                Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                                Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                                Had a very shiny nose
                                And if you ever saw it
                                You could even say it glows

                                All of the other Snivies
                                Used to laugh and call him names
                                They never let poor Charu
                                Join in any Snivy games

                                (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                                Originally posted by Vendetta21
                                All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                                Comment

                                Working...