TWG Turbo 37: Der Freischütz [GAME THREAD]

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Hakulyte
    aka Haku
    • Jul 2005
    • 4697

    #841
    Re: TWG Turbo 37: Der Freischütz [GAME THREAD]

    Seems like I need to decide if I sacrifice my sleep in hope Sunfan says hi at some point or go sleep and come back to a flip with pmuch no opportunity to interact until the end of the phase.

    I'm gonna hate being 10 hours at work having no clue how this ends. At least, it's not a game where I'm the one who has to choose where to vote.

    Comment

    • Hakulyte
      aka Haku
      • Jul 2005
      • 4697

      #842
      Re: TWG Turbo 37: Der Freischütz [GAME THREAD]

      Originally posted by Hateandhatred
      That's ok I guess. For now I'm just happy you see my point. I still believe really really hard that Haku is 100% doing this shit right now, especially BECAUSE he can't be there.

      But like, I was feeling like I was having the biggest eureka of my fucking life and I was borderline being scumread for it and I was going absolutely crazy over here. Like it's one thing to sus me out for not being productive on d0 but it's another to sus me out when I feel like I just won us the game and I just want to scream, it hits very differently
      Yeah, this is just a big setup to take advantage of when I'm not here to push the narrative wherever he wants to make me look bad.

      I expect more "appeal to emotions" and using a "narrative that construct myself in a way that's disingenuous". I feel like my meta is getting pushed like a politic movement that's paying newspapers to make someone look bad.

      It's definitely an attempt to use my meta against me by constructing his own version of my meta.


      I think everything I could say past this point will more or less be circular logic that goes back to this so, I'll just look at bit more at leetic/H&H interactions and call it a day.

      Comment

      • Hakulyte
        aka Haku
        • Jul 2005
        • 4697

        #843
        Re: TWG Turbo 37: Der Freischütz [GAME THREAD]

        Originally posted by the sun fan
        just know that if I don't see the qupte(s) before EOD, I am voting you
        @ H&H

        On your non w/w stuff, the #276 is literally leetic pressuring him to distance and also making him get some cred from doing work. It's win/win for them.


        idk why you see that as necessarily non w/w.

        Comment

        • Hakulyte
          aka Haku
          • Jul 2005
          • 4697

          #844
          Re: TWG Turbo 37: Der Freischütz [GAME THREAD]

          Originally posted by the sun fan
          I don't get the soft at all but w/e
          Did he ever explain his own soft ?


          Well, not that changed anything with the NKs. Just curious.

          Comment

          • Hakulyte
            aka Haku
            • Jul 2005
            • 4697

            #845
            Re: TWG Turbo 37: Der Freischütz [GAME THREAD]

            Well, I guess that's it for me. Enjoy your first wolf win sven if that happens.
            If you lose, blame Sunfan/replacement. I think without his intervention into the game, there were pretty high odds of you winning with leetic.

            So, well played regardless of how this turns out.
            I think if you hide the coaching stuff in wolf chat, remove dumbtells and just do sub-optimal reads that leads nowhere special, you will do just as well as any veterans on this forum.

            Have fun with Sunfan for the rest of the phase. I will most likely won't be able to come back.
            It's just a bit of a shame this ended in a monologue for me, but I guess I did leave you guys alone as well. That should make up for it a little.

            @Sunfan

            If you don't want to believe in me, please at least believe in the other players who flipped. They were playing well and they're all good players. Their input/doubts about this should have made things clear enough.
            There was really only H&H who went for this and it's surreal it went this far considering how he was in a hot seat most of the game early on. He had to do something and he did this and it was specifically for you.

            You should be able to see the red flags here. I would have imploded by now if my narrative didn't make sense.

            See you postgame y'all.

            Comment

            • Hakulyte
              aka Haku
              • Jul 2005
              • 4697

              #846
              Re: TWG Turbo 37: Der Freischütz [GAME THREAD]

              Originally posted by Hakulyte
              Yeah this game is basically me slipping on a banana peel 2 times in a row and then a team of professionals comes behind me @ you and the others and clean up the entire mess.

              There's no other way to better describe this for me.

              Then you have the guy who has a PhD on my meta suddenly after I told him he was out of it/lazy Day 1.
              I had a bit of trouble falling asleep so, I wanted to give you one last take about how I feel about this game.
              @ the mistakes that were made and what to do to end this game properly when it comes to what I did.

              During the first phase, bugkid had a "fake slip theory" which led to the mislynch.
              I should have known bugkid was town, but I convinced myself this was "enough evidence" to support my suspicions. If I looked at bugkid's narrative and the posts in general, bugkid should have made it no problem. (this is relevant for the second phase because it's the same issue)

              Second phase, I ended up myself being the target of a "fake slip theory" surrounding the fact I didn't vote.
              If you look beyond that slip which is H&H's premise, you should see that it's just a standard town haku game where I'm lost and trying to find something or someone to believe in. I think most of my posts doing this are interactions with Arapocalypse.

              I think H&H's plan was to take advantage of this weakness in my play and turn it against me. I believe if you guys never played with me before, this should have ended the game in his favor because it would have been his word against mine and a slight sub-optimal play on my end because I couldn't take a decisive action due to lacking time to reach a good conclusion. It's not much, but you guys tend to punish mistakes here even if they're small. (yeah I know, I'm saying that and did said mistake day 1)

              I quoted this post because the "me slipping on a banana peel 2 times in a row" represents the day 1 flip and the lack of vote. I'm far from perfect as a player.

              I didn't interact as much with Raeko/Roundbox/MML because I was generally happy with where they stand. I wanted to play with H&H day 1 so, I was low key supporting him because I wanted to see more. I guess I've seen enough.

              leetic I convinced myself was a PR from all the prodding about information during the game. I didn't consider a wolf would PR hunt in plain sight this game. I was too busy trying to make sense out of the other interactions vs my own thoughts.

              As for you, I was unfortunately afk most of the time you did all the meaningful plays so, you were mostly a blank state for me all game. Still, the game was in such a state that I felt like it was worth the gamble to try to keep you alive. I know I was likely to vote you the second phase, but it's because I had nothing. I had so much nothing that I didn't vote. I could have easily be persuaded of anything.

              I guess if there's a lesson for myself I shouldn't leave alone a read to "potential PR" and "wanted to see more" for future games. I should have pushed more the absence of progression for reads. @ describe what you think is the headspace of X player rather than letting them spew facts like "this person did this" without leaving us a clue about what it means to them.

              I hope that was helpful for your own narrative of this game @ Sunfan.

              Comment

              • Hakulyte
                aka Haku
                • Jul 2005
                • 4697

                #847
                Re: TWG Turbo 37: Der Freischütz [GAME THREAD]

                Originally posted by thesunfan
                prefacing this by saying that I'm not sure how much longer I'm gonna stay up tonight

                anyways

                firstly, why did you think that leetic was the freikugel
                secondly, what do you mean about sven going TMI? if anything, it is the opposite if he is a wolf because he was calling you scum, but he would have to know that you are town
                I thought no one on FFR would shoot Raeko at night. I was nowhere close to think you were freikugel all game until you claimed. That kill immediately moved my attention away from FFR players as for who that role was.
                My attention went straight to leetic/Ara and I tunnelled on both of them for a while. In retrospect H&H could have been in that group too, but I didn't think that far.


                So, basically leetic could hide behind that "PR stuff" and H&H only started to do interesting actions after I left (aka voting me) so, that gave me no room to have a chance to understand his narrative and I couldn't argue with him either because I wasn't here. That basically gave both wolves immunity from my suspicion.

                H&H has no instance of describing what he thinks the headspace of a player was besides me in this entire game and that's pretty ridiculous considering how far he went into attempting to describe my play style from his perspective.
                He has 0 interaction of that type in 40+ pages with any other player for the entire game. He's just throwing open-ended statements at everyone that can be left to interpretation. I mean, you can probably interpret his posts as a general interpretation of the game state, but it doesn't feel like an unique take from himself besides the one on me.

                So, basically I was staring in confusion at all the town players and I couldn't justify someone being a wolf without being stupidly nitpicky.

                I was at the point where my next "closest to logical thought" was stuff like scum reading Ara for the way she format her posts and H&H because some of his posts had " =) " inside them. Stuff that would basically qualify as "more slip theory", reaching and paranoia tbh which as we can see day 1, didn't end well. I don't sincerely believe H&H would have this level of confidence in his posts if he was town. He would have to find an interpretation based on the interactions with others and have his own doubts and suspicions.

                Comment

                • FreezinIce
                  FFR Player
                  • May 2005
                  • 265

                  #848
                  Re: TWG Turbo 37: Der Freischütz [GAME THREAD]

                  Votecount

                  Hateandhatred (1): Hakulyte
                  Hakulyte (1): Hateandhatred

                  Going to sleep for about 7 hours
                  ========

                  To let the world be.

                  ========

                  Originally posted by Charu
                  Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


                  Originally posted by mellon_collie
                  AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
                  Originally posted by roundbox
                  AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


                  Originally posted by Afrobean
                  Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
                  Originally posted by Red
                  My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
                  Originally posted by TWG Ike
                  SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

                  Comment

                  • Hateandhatred
                    "The Quebec Steparatist."
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Feb 2011
                    • 1974

                    #849
                    Re: TWG Turbo 37: Der Freischütz [GAME THREAD]

                    Oh man I just read everything you said and I can't wait to dismantle it

                    It's exam time soon so I can't, but after the exam I'll go to the library to study but I'll take care of TWG first.
                    Forgot where I put my old sig lol

                    Comment

                    • Hakulyte
                      aka Haku
                      • Jul 2005
                      • 4697

                      #850
                      Re: TWG Turbo 37: Der Freischütz [GAME THREAD]

                      FYI, I'm still around another 30-40min and then I'm out until EoD is over. There won't be a point waiting for me past this point.

                      Comment

                      • Hakulyte
                        aka Haku
                        • Jul 2005
                        • 4697

                        #851
                        Re: TWG Turbo 37: Der Freischütz [GAME THREAD]

                        Yeah, I've just reread the last 3-4 pages with my thoughts and that sums up the game from my perspective.

                        I would have been happy to have interactions with you two until EoD, but I guess I won't have that luxury once again.

                        Everything should be on the table already.

                        Comment

                        • the sun fan
                          FFR Player
                          • Mar 2017
                          • 658

                          #852
                          Re: TWG Turbo 37: Der Freischütz [GAME THREAD]

                          hi
                          I'm gonna put a lot of work into this of course
                          and sincerely Haku, I see that you've said a lot, and I will go through it all
                          I promise that I will put in as much effort as you have to try to win

                          survivor premieres at 8 PM EST tonight, and I'm going to try to be done with this game by then because I just like
                          don't want to be distracted during that

                          I have not forgotten roundbox's stance on Sven from the first day that I think is very pertinent
                          TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                          FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                          Comment

                          • the sun fan
                            FFR Player
                            • Mar 2017
                            • 658

                            #853
                            Re: TWG Turbo 37: Der Freischütz [GAME THREAD]

                            haku, I asked you to try to be proactive with why you're town rather than wait for me to ask you questions, and you did that, so I appreciate it

                            sven, if you're able to do this before 8 pm tonight, I'd like you to do the same as haku; not just go through all of what he said and try to dismantle it as you said (which would be fine, you're definitely free to do that if you wish and I want to see it myself as well)
                            I just need you to make your own case like how haku has done

                            if you have the time
                            TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                            FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                            Comment

                            • the sun fan
                              FFR Player
                              • Mar 2017
                              • 658

                              #854
                              Re: TWG Turbo 37: Der Freischütz [GAME THREAD]

                              I've stopped myself from voting hakulyte multiple times
                              TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                              FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                              Comment

                              • the sun fan
                                FFR Player
                                • Mar 2017
                                • 658

                                #855
                                Re: TWG Turbo 37: Der Freischütz [GAME THREAD]

                                I'm probably not going to say anything too substantial while I reread (which is a few minutes ago when that began) but like

                                this is just wifom but

                                sven *knows* that if he leaves me alive and kills ara, that it LOOKS like a hakuplan

                                that's pretty devilish of him to do as a wolf, but I think it... is probably what he *would* do as a wolf

                                he didn't really squarely answer with "well, ara has vengeful equity, while you have none" when I asked him earlier and if he did, that'd make me feel a bit better about him

                                I also can't really hold Haku not being at last EOD against him, like sven could be a wolf and do everything that he did exactly how he did it, whether he should or whether he shouldn't (I would have stacked with leetic on haku or something if I was in wolf!sven's shoes but that's just me)
                                TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                                FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                                Comment

                                Working...