TWG Turbo 37: Der Freischütz [GAME THREAD]

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Hakulyte
    aka Haku
    • Jul 2005
    • 4697

    #811
    Re: TWG Turbo 37: Der Freischütz [GAME THREAD]

    Yeah this game is basically me slipping on a banana peel 2 times in a row and then a team of professionals comes behind me @ you and the others and clean up the entire mess.

    There's no other way to better describe this for me.

    Then you have the guy who has a PhD on my meta suddenly after I told him he was out of it/lazy Day 1.

    Comment

    • Hakulyte
      aka Haku
      • Jul 2005
      • 4697

      #812
      Re: TWG Turbo 37: Der Freischütz [GAME THREAD]

      Like I want to at least concede I got outplayed hard here as a player.

      As a team, I have no choice, but to tell you that he did that 180 degree play on me on the 2nd phase to prepare for what's happening right now.

      Comment

      • Hakulyte
        aka Haku
        • Jul 2005
        • 4697

        #813
        Re: TWG Turbo 37: Der Freischütz [GAME THREAD]

        I actually think keeping you alive is genius from him because I'm less paranoid now that I know you roled PR.

        Otherwise, he might even had the opportunity to make me vote you.

        Comment

        • the sun fan
          FFR Player
          • Mar 2017
          • 658

          #814
          Re: TWG Turbo 37: Der Freischütz [GAME THREAD]

          Originally posted by Hakulyte
          Like I want to at least concede I got outplayed hard here as a player.

          As a team, I have no choice, but to tell you that he did that 180 degree play on me on the 2nd phase to prepare for what's happening right now.
          he should probably be more focused on securing a mislynch so that he can win on that day

          I mean I guess you can argue that's what he was doing with you
          TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

          FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

          Comment

          • Hakulyte
            aka Haku
            • Jul 2005
            • 4697

            #815
            Re: TWG Turbo 37: Der Freischütz [GAME THREAD]

            Originally posted by the sun fan
            he should probably be more focused on securing a mislynch so that he can win on that day

            I mean I guess you can argue that's what he was doing with you
            idk, I think his reaction at the beginning of this phase is showing that he would have really liked it if you just instantly insta'd real quick to end it without thinking.


            I don't think he has plans beyond that.

            Comment

            • Hakulyte
              aka Haku
              • Jul 2005
              • 4697

              #816
              Re: TWG Turbo 37: Der Freischütz [GAME THREAD]

              Probably going for a "don't talk to look good while haku slowly spiral into paranoia".

              Comment

              • Hakulyte
                aka Haku
                • Jul 2005
                • 4697

                #817
                Re: TWG Turbo 37: Der Freischütz [GAME THREAD]

                ps: the Not voting on phase 2 I did is something I've seen Raeko do a long time ago mostly on Day 1 when she had no one interesting to vote.

                It's like a way to signal to everyone that I feel like my reads are so bad that I can't justify voting someone without heavily feeling like I'm wrong.

                It's basically a psychological play and it kind of worked because it made everyone talk a lot about me instead of "who I voted".

                I know it's sub optimal, but I ran out of time and had to go work. I was in such a rush, I didn't even read who voted who properly.

                Comment

                • Hakulyte
                  aka Haku
                  • Jul 2005
                  • 4697

                  #818
                  Re: TWG Turbo 37: Der Freischütz [GAME THREAD]

                  Turns out I was indeed super wrong and I'm kind of happy I wasn't here because I would have mostly defended leetic and pushed ara which would have been even more detrimental.

                  Comment

                  • Hakulyte
                    aka Haku
                    • Jul 2005
                    • 4697

                    #819
                    Re: TWG Turbo 37: Der Freischütz [GAME THREAD]

                    Originally posted by Hakulyte
                    He would probably go for crazy plays just because he can. I think he enjoys more making cool plays than optimizing the process for winning the game.

                    I'm not seeing that at all.
                    Quoting myself for posterity because this situation was actually within predictions.

                    Comment

                    • Hakulyte
                      aka Haku
                      • Jul 2005
                      • 4697

                      #820
                      Re: TWG Turbo 37: Der Freischütz [GAME THREAD]

                      Well, now I see it clearly H&H.

                      You really went full svenplan on the hakuplan narrative.

                      I applaud you.

                      Comment

                      • Hakulyte
                        aka Haku
                        • Jul 2005
                        • 4697

                        #821
                        Re: TWG Turbo 37: Der Freischütz [GAME THREAD]

                        You sold to everyone that I am a better player than I really am. I appreciate the gesture, but gotta face reality.

                        Comment

                        • Hakulyte
                          aka Haku
                          • Jul 2005
                          • 4697

                          #822
                          Re: TWG Turbo 37: Der Freischütz [GAME THREAD]

                          Well, this is more or less where my headspace is at right now.

                          As for finding leetic/H&H interactions that's w/w this is going to take me a while.

                          Comment

                          • Hakulyte
                            aka Haku
                            • Jul 2005
                            • 4697

                            #823
                            Re: TWG Turbo 37: Der Freischütz [GAME THREAD]

                            H&H asking leetic if it's viable to claim vt and goes for it in eod anyway. #129
                            Originally posted by leetic
                            You do know you can respond to posts individually without making a wallpost. There's no reason for wolves to claim anything other than VT here as counterclaiming the Freikugel is obviously moronic and counterclaiming Soul Stealer is at best an act of desperation
                            Oshi- I might have found something.

                            Comment

                            • Hakulyte
                              aka Haku
                              • Jul 2005
                              • 4697

                              #824
                              Re: TWG Turbo 37: Der Freischütz [GAME THREAD]

                              Yeah, there's literally some in-game live coaching in that page.

                              Comment

                              • Hakulyte
                                aka Haku
                                • Jul 2005
                                • 4697

                                #825
                                Re: TWG Turbo 37: Der Freischütz [GAME THREAD]

                                Originally posted by leetic
                                Hell, in one of my past wolfgames I was completely screwed over by two players who subbed into slank slots as they were able to remove themselves from the PoE and turned what would have been an easy win into a narrow loss. Depending on who subs in it could result in a lot of uncertainty for wolves that would keep them from getting comfortable with gamestate, but regardless this is all basically speculation. Still doesn't change the fact that there are better people to flip right now I feel.
                                That foreshadowing.

                                Comment

                                Working...