TWG CXLVII - Host Signups

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • YoshL
    Celestial Harbor
    FFR Simfile Author
    FFR Music Producer
    • Aug 2008
    • 6156

    #16
    Re: TWG CXLVII - Host Signups

    Originally posted by rzr
    I cannot provide certain details that would clarify on balance - though it shouldn't matter, Xiz admitted his game was not balanced and that elaborating on any details would detract from the elements of the mystery itself.
    To be 100% blunt, i'm not trying to be mean, just trying to be real with you

    so you're saying that it's an unbalanced mystery game that you're putting up then? If so, it'd be better to specify that. People would like to know the teensiest bit of what they're getting into. For example, if you say it's host vs. host, then maybe I'll assume that there's 2 teams. What's to stop the host from telling their whole "team" who all the members are, so that they can mess up the other team? It becomes less mafia than a forum game (which is not a bad thing), however if the imbalance causes people to have less fun, then there's a problem. Given the setups that you've sent along and proposed before, I think I'd personally doubt your setup choices.

    Originally posted by rzr
    there's no point, we don't have enough players without Round, V, Fg, etc, and these sign ups are generally just a popularity contest anyway - I'll enjoy some vanilla role in the next game if player sign ups don't take 3 weeks. Don't care where my votes go.
    more being 100% honest with how i feel about what you said

    people submit games that they believe people want to play. I picked the 3 setups i submitted for reasons -

    matrix 6 has always been popular with FFR, so potentially a "matrix 12" setup would also be cool.

    dreamers is a bullshit fun suggestion that probably wasn't going to happen because 2 bastard games in a row probably wouldn't be very well accepted, but the suggestion was more to get the idea out there that i'd totally host a dreamers game

    The final game looks like something that I originally did with my flame wars setup - hide flips behind color (except this is like hiding flips altogether) and overall i thought was a unique mechanic that people would find interest in trying to figure out how to play around.

    Zenith's JK9++ is a good submission as well, because FFR (at least seems to) like the ++ suite of games.

    So yes, it's a popularity contest in that the popular games will get chosen. However, the way you're phrasing it, you're making it seem like people will vote for hosts over games. and that's really not true.

    If i posted a game that was 3 doctors, 1 cop, 3 mafia, and 6 vanilla townies, it wouldn't get picked. The balance is horrid, and the cop literally gets up to 3 free mafia checks. It's very easily gamed, even if a mafia counterclaims cop. You lynch outside the cop claims until one of the cop claims they have a red check. Lynch the red check, if red, cool, keep going and don't lynch the cop claims until 2 mafia are down, then kill off the cops gg. If you lynch a green from a cop's check, you have the mafia, and cop gets even more free seerings.
    Last edited by YoshL; 01-13-2016, 03:14 PM.


    Originally posted by Charu
    Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

    Comment

    • YoshL
      Celestial Harbor
      FFR Simfile Author
      FFR Music Producer
      • Aug 2008
      • 6156

      #17
      Re: TWG CXLVII - Host Signups

      hoo i'm late it took me a while to make that post lol

      again, i'm not trying to like hate on you or anything, maybe i'm over-opinionated about this whoop


      Originally posted by Charu
      Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

      Comment

      • _Zenith_
        Accuracy Player
        • Mar 2011
        • 4629

        #18
        Re: TWG CXLVII - Host Signups

        remove that ' in the spoiler name so we can see a failed game setup :^ )

        oh wait you can just quote it to see what is contained in that spoiler
        Last edited by _Zenith_; 01-13-2016, 03:12 PM.





        Comment

        • Charu
          Snivy! Dohoho!
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Mar 2006
          • 6207

          #19
          Re: TWG CXLVII - Host Signups

          Whichever one wins, I can host for you if you really want me to and if you wanna play, lmao


          Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
          Charu the red-nosed Snivy
          Had a very shiny nose
          And if you ever saw it
          You could even say it glows

          All of the other Snivies
          Used to laugh and call him names
          They never let poor Charu
          Join in any Snivy games

          (Click the arrow to see the rest)


          Originally posted by Vendetta21
          All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

          Comment

          • rzr
            TWG Veteran
            • Oct 2007
            • 7608

            #20
            Re: TWG CXLVII - Host Signups

            I have a bad habit of coming off pissier than I intend to lol, I have nothing against you either YoshL. I was not trying to say my game was unbalanced, but I don't think giving any details away would help much.
            I can say this I supposed: my intentions were to have 15 people sign up, 14 play the game 1 is randomly chosen as a a rival host.

            Both hosts are given x, y, and z items to give out at their discretion. They don't get to say what the item does, and they don't get to say when it comes in effect, but they may give them to whoever they want whenever they want.
            The 14 players are playing against each other, but I thought having 2 hosts head-to-head would be interesting. The hosts could influence wolfchat, OOTC, night talk for their respective faction, etc.

            Not sure how the balance falls here, it would be a standard game, roughly 1:4 wolf:town ratio, and the items would be cut/dry not insane readings or deflections, etc. The set up would also be posted upon the games inception.

            For all intensive purposed, I definitely don't mind leaving Stack the Deck up, I was more bothered my the mystery game, but I think sunfan made a really good point that when I used to play the games had a lot more variety and volatility, allowing crazier themed games to be played.
            these days it seems if it doesn't come off epicmaf it doesn't get played. Except the obvious mystery games exceptions, but that criteria seems beyond me?

            Originally posted by darkshark
            Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
            Originally posted by aperson
            i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

            Originally posted by Sprite-
            More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
            Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
            yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

            i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

            Comment

            • YoshL
              Celestial Harbor
              FFR Simfile Author
              FFR Music Producer
              • Aug 2008
              • 6156

              #21
              Re: TWG CXLVII - Host Signups

              It kinda depends, strange setups have been played before, see freeze wars

              i think crazy is ok with imbalance, if it's fun i guess? And that's a fine line that you have to tread between imbalance and fun


              Originally posted by Charu
              Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

              Comment

              • rzr
                TWG Veteran
                • Oct 2007
                • 7608

                #22
                Re: TWG CXLVII - Host Signups

                What do you guys think about the rules I laid out for the rival hosts?
                PSA: all rules/quantities/roles/chat config/etc will be publicized before game starts. Obvi not who = what role, but that out of 14 players, there's x scum, cop, doc, what items, and how many.

                Originally posted by darkshark
                Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
                Originally posted by aperson
                i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

                Originally posted by Sprite-
                More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
                Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

                i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

                Comment

                • _Zenith_
                  Accuracy Player
                  • Mar 2011
                  • 4629

                  #23
                  Re: TWG CXLVII - Host Signups

                  Originally posted by rzr
                  What do you guys think about the rules I laid out for the rival hosts?
                  PSA: all rules/quantities/roles/chat config/etc will be publicized before game starts. Obvi not who = what role, but that out of 14 players, there's x scum, cop, doc, what items, and how many.
                  If it is considered a mystery game, those factoids should not be known prior to starting. That's what a good portion of the mystery is





                  Comment

                  • roundbox
                    fhqwhgads
                    • Feb 2005
                    • 2086

                    #24
                    Re: TWG CXLVII - Host Signups

                    not playing but I'll vote! (I can still do this, right?)

                    YoshL Mexican Standoff x2
                    YoshL Cannibals x1


                    I'm creating a semi-open setup for next game. Please look forward to it.
                    Originally posted by the sun fan
                    I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



                    Comment

                    • AragakiAyase
                      Waifus
                      • Apr 2015
                      • 961

                      #25
                      Re: TWG CXLVII - Host Signups

                      Originally posted by roundbox
                      not playing but I'll vote! (I can still do this, right?)

                      YoshL Mexican Standoff x2
                      YoshL Cannibals x1


                      I'm creating a semi-open setup for next game. Please look forward to it.

                      pikakirby123 reincarnated





                      Comment

                      • Red Blaster
                        Bridge Burner
                        • Jun 2011
                        • 2040

                        #26
                        Re: TWG CXLVII - Host Signups

                        Sitting this one since I got a modkill last time (at least I think those are the rules iirc)

                        zenith x3
                        Originally posted by hi19hi19
                        edgelord Linkin Park adolescent angst music
                        Originally posted by choof
                        hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
                        Originally posted by Funnygurl555
                        what's a milky christmas :O

                        Comment

                        • roundbox
                          fhqwhgads
                          • Feb 2005
                          • 2086

                          #27
                          Re: TWG CXLVII - Host Signups

                          Originally posted by AragakiAyase
                          heyy someone got it
                          Originally posted by the sun fan
                          I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



                          Comment

                          • Charu
                            Snivy! Dohoho!
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Mar 2006
                            • 6207

                            #28
                            Re: TWG CXLVII - Host Signups

                            Please understand


                            Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                            Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                            Had a very shiny nose
                            And if you ever saw it
                            You could even say it glows

                            All of the other Snivies
                            Used to laugh and call him names
                            They never let poor Charu
                            Join in any Snivy games

                            (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                            Originally posted by Vendetta21
                            All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                            Comment

                            • Funnygurl555
                              T-Force's Rival
                              • Dec 2010
                              • 1865

                              #29
                              Re: TWG CXLVII - Host Signups

                              if you guys actually do the penalty thing for the mod kills then filling up's gonna take forever

                              zenithx3
                              Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                              is funny eaman?
                              Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
                              Originally posted by the sun fan
                              GET DUNKED FUNNY
                              (eaman is her name irl, friend)

                              Comment

                              • DaBackpack
                                ~ お ま ん こ ~
                                • Mar 2014
                                • 918

                                #30
                                Re: TWG CXLVII - Host Signups

                                Originally posted by thesunfan
                                actually yeah if its still on the table
                                stack the deck x3

                                has a really good concept imo and DBP red-checking his partner on accident is probably the thing I laughed hardest at when I saw it happened.

                                I hope Yoshl still has my reaction on skype when I saw Manti flipped lost wolf LOL
                                Ahahahahahahahahahahah........ahaha.....


                                Originally posted by Moogy
                                no one cares
                                Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                                there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                                that's kind of a sad statistic

                                Comment

                                Working...