Red Blaster wants to be unbanned
Collapse
X
-
-
Re: Red Blaster wants to be unbanned
I voted no strictly because of the wording LOL
what's the purpose of permabanning someone, rather than just banning them for a very long time?
giving out a 6-month or 1-year ban for a major offense makes way more sense to me. that way, you can just uphold the ban, instead of having one of these "let's re-evaluate our decision... again" threads pop up every x months.
the threat of a permaban strikes me as just that - a threat. I think using intimidation to maintain order is more effective when you make it more manageable for yourself to uphold the type of punishment you outlined in the first place.
a good professor sticks to their syllabus. a bad student gets exactly what was coming to them, as the piece of paper they received clearly stated on the first day of class.
permabans are not useful. my 2¢Comment
-
Re: Red Blaster wants to be unbanned
Any ban shorter than a year is laughable to be honest.I voted no strictly because of the wording LOL
what's the purpose of permabanning someone, rather than just banning them for a very long time?
giving out a 6-month or 1-year ban for a major offense makes way more sense to me. that way, you can just uphold the ban, instead of having one of these "let's re-evaluate our decision... again" threads pop up every x months.
the threat of a permaban strikes me as just that - a threat. I think using intimidation to maintain order is more effective when you make it more manageable for yourself to uphold the type of punishment you outlined in the first place.
a good professor sticks to their syllabus. a bad student gets exactly what was coming to them, as the piece of paper they received clearly stated on the first day of class.
permabans are not useful. my 2¢
Like it's hardly a punishment, and even then a year isn't that bad if you know how to lurk.Comment
-
Re: Red Blaster wants to be unbanned
Clearly i'm behind in internet lingo...what is TWG?
First post makes absolutely no sense to me because I have no idea what any of the things being addressed are (TWG, mod-killed, etc.)
regardless, doesn't make sense to un-ban if he's already been warned more than once and continued to do itComment
-
Re: Red Blaster wants to be unbanned
twg players using their twg skills to decide this lolOld QuotesOriginally posted by IwasAsquidOnceNote the left hand pinky. It stretches out into attack mode to make etienne's hand appear larger, an intimidation technique for the arrows.Originally posted by Mourningfall[3:51 PM] Mourningfall: i spent the second half of that song getting face fucked by a flyOriginally posted by XizHi I see rapta come play TWG next gameOriginally posted by xXOpkillerXxRapta thinks alot about memes and fonts. I'd be inclined to think he's town because wolves wouldn't have time to meme would they ?Originally posted by Prawnskunkif we keep releasing engines that work on 1/4 of people's computers, we'll get thereOriginally posted by gold stingerdo u even agrabahOriginally posted by gold stingerToday at 12:53 AM
I have no fucking idea how you were able to identify that specific line from meme show so you are basically an elder god of memesOriginally posted by PsychotikWhen I think Mother’s Day, I think Venetian Snares.Originally posted by Hakuhave you heard someone mention eating pancakes to negate friday 13th?
Originally posted by Prawnskunk at 10:53:56pm on 10/26/11OMFG VC! I want your programming fingers in or around my mouth OnOOriginally posted by Storn at 3:03 PMWe have so many batches open. Its like a backlog clearance sale. ALL FILES MUST GO!!Originally posted by ToonE156 at 11:07 PMYou've never felt intimacy until you've practiced Jiu Jitsu ground techniques with the only girl in classComment
-
Re: Red Blaster wants to be unbanned
TWG is the werewolf game. Or other times referred to as mafia.Clearly i'm behind in internet lingo...what is TWG?
First post makes absolutely no sense to me because I have no idea what any of the things being addressed are (TWG, mod-killed, etc.)
regardless, doesn't make sense to un-ban if he's already been warned more than once and continued to do it
It's pretty much a game where players are assigned a role and alignment and you play out a game either looking for the "scum" roles or as said scum role try to kill off the town to an equal number without getting caught and lynched / killed during the game.
Massive paraphrasing there by the way.
I recommend if that sounds interesting, you try it yourself. Some of it can be harsh, but it's really fun. Just remember not to beat yourself up too much during the game.
Getting modkilled means the user hosting the game has decided you have broken one of the rules of the game and kills you in the game effectively ejecting you from the game in a sense.
What red blaster did was break one of the most important rules: posting the message which tells you your role / alignment. Not only did he do it once, but he did it a few times, one in particular where part of the game was that you didn't get to known a player's alignment (if I recall correctly.)
Some users on FFR have been given a final chance in the form of writing an apology letter to the staff. This isn't exactly a new concept.Last edited by XelNya; 09-30-2015, 05:23 AM.Comment
-
Re: Red Blaster wants to be unbanned
No clue what this red blister guy did but he can't be any worse of a player than me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
EDIT: OMG XEL POSTED IT ABOVE ME AND I DIDN'T LOOK AT IT.
Well as long as he doesn't do it again I guess.Comment
-
-

Originally posted by darksharkEveryone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.Originally posted by apersoni had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years
Originally posted by Sprite-More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.Originally posted by MinaciousGraceyeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank
i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mineComment
-
Re: Red Blaster wants to be unbanned
Again, counting only the votes of those who have played at least one game of FFRTWG (or jTWG) and changing blind's vote.
Stay Banned: CK, DBP, Gradiant, James May, Shadow, soramimi, storn, T-Force, Tox, YMIA, Yoshl, blindreper (12)
Unban: AA, choof, Clown, dfr, danceguy, funny, gold stinger, jteh, plop, Netjet!, Prawnskunk, riot, round, rzr, sunfan, tokzic, xel, zenith (18)Originally posted by Vendetta21Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.Originally posted by XelNyaI'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.Originally posted by star-crossed(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)Comment
-
Re: Red Blaster wants to be unbanned
Does that mean I'm unbanned ayyOriginally posted by hi19hi19edgelord Linkin Park adolescent angst musicOriginally posted by choofhey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"Originally posted by Funnygurl555what's a milky christmas :OComment
-
Re: Red Blaster wants to be unbanned
So the group consensus looks to be unban red blaster, but put him on notice any intentional/contrived rulebreaking for the next (10?) games gets him put right back on the banned users list?AAA's = 800
Originally posted by VManti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.Comment
-
Re: Red Blaster wants to be unbanned
I believe that this is the consensus.
I don't care to spend too much time discussing exactly how long his notice needs to be, I think 10 games is fine. Mods just need to keep an eye on him, which, as long as they read their own game, they should be doing anyway.Originally posted by Vendetta21Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.Originally posted by XelNyaI'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.Originally posted by star-crossed(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)Comment
-




Comment