Red Blaster wants to be unbanned

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • roundbox
    fhqwhgads
    • Feb 2005
    • 2086

    #31
    Re: Red Blaster wants to be unbanned

    Originally posted by Charu
    Then Redblaster comes.
    wowee
    Originally posted by the sun fan
    I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



    Comment

    • _Zenith_
      Accuracy Player
      • Mar 2011
      • 4629

      #32
      Re: Red Blaster wants to be unbanned

      Lmao thank you, charu





      Comment

      • storn42
        RIP Storn D0-D0
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Jun 2012
        • 3474

        #33
        Re: Red Blaster wants to be unbanned

        this might sounds like throwing our shit on someone elses plate, but we can always have him play an some other site(s) for 2 or 3 games then come to ours. its a good way to see if it really is worth bringing him back.

        as far as the mystery game ban goes, him posting his pm really kind of killed it for everyone, including me, and i was on the woof team! We ended up with the entire game being inactive and we never got to use one of the core features of the game. an entire HALF of the game we didn't get to experience. the question is, do we really want to risk losing the chance to properly experience cool and new games or even just killing the normal games in general.
        Last edited by storn42; 09-29-2015, 05:15 AM.


        Originally posted by Xiz
        "I think storn is town but he doesn't have a shirt on" - Roundbox
        Originally posted by the sun fan
        I have beat my meat to storn's posts no less than four times


        Originally posted by ShadoWolfe


        Comment

        • blindreper1179
          Vice President Of TGB
          • Jun 2006
          • 5902

          #34
          Re: Red Blaster wants to be unbanned

          He's a piece of shit, why are you guys so willing to give him a chance? I read the posts, and you're all naive that he won't do it again. He ruined two of the games I played, and that fucking sucked. He deserves shit from us. Saying we need him for activity is the worst reason because no activity is better than the shit activity he'll give.
          Originally posted by thesunfan
          absolutely I want to vomit on your face irl
          Originally posted by choof
          It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
          Originally posted by choof
          whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
          Originally posted by Celirra
          I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now

          Comment

          • storn42
            RIP Storn D0-D0
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jun 2012
            • 3474

            #35
            Re: Red Blaster wants to be unbanned

            Originally posted by blindreper1179
            He's a piece of shit, why are you guys so willing to give him a chance? I read the posts, and you're all naive that he won't do it again. He ruined two of the games I played, and that fucking sucked. He deserves shit from us. Saying we need him for activity is the worst reason because no activity is better than the shit activity he'll give.
            blind you voted for unban him. which for the record the poll is really confusing on which way is ban and which is unban. i think the poll should be scrapped for an easier to instantly read and say "yea that totally means dont unban him"


            Originally posted by Xiz
            "I think storn is town but he doesn't have a shirt on" - Roundbox
            Originally posted by the sun fan
            I have beat my meat to storn's posts no less than four times


            Originally posted by ShadoWolfe


            Comment

            • DarkManticoreX2
              TWG Overlord
              • Apr 2005
              • 7355

              #36
              Re: Red Blaster wants to be unbanned

              The poll is pretty easy to read.

              Should RB stay banned?
              Yes,
              No
              AAA's = 800

              Originally posted by V
              Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

              Comment

              • ShadowDueler97
                scarhand pls
                • Mar 2012
                • 547

                #37
                Re: Red Blaster wants to be unbanned

                I personally don't believe in third chances. I agree with blindreper with activity being an awful reason to bring back someone who is likely to cause so much trouble in the game again. I mean you want to act like that? Fine, get banned and learn your lesson. But to come back and do it again is just unacceptable. Bringing back a trouble maker such as him because of low activity is honestly very stupid.

                Also yeah blindreper, you voted to unban him. Too bad we can't change our votes once we make them lol
                Last edited by ShadowDueler97; 09-29-2015, 09:33 AM.


                Comment

                • thesunfan
                  Role Tide
                  Sectional Moderator
                  • May 2011
                  • 10859

                  #38
                  Re: Red Blaster wants to be unbanned

                  Originally posted by blindreper1179
                  Saying we need him for activity is the worst reason
                  I am aware that I cropped out the last part of this sentence but I agree with this part a lot

                  EDIT: JEEZ, I really hope you guys know what kind of standard you're setting by not letting him play. Honestly, I don't see much harm in giving him a shot. He took some time away, probably played on another site or two (not entirely sure about this one) and wants to come back and show us that he is capable of playing in this environment. I think he can do so without making any waves. But, mostly importantly EVEN IF I AM WRONG AND HE CAN'T, he should still be given that chance.

                  Over the past 2-3 years, FFRTWG has gotten a lot more elitist, and I hate it. Its a lot harder for newer players to get into the game, and when they do play, I feel like they rarely stay, and they certainly get more flack from veteran players than they ever did. A lot of the reason I feel like jTWG was revived in the first place was because people wanted the newer players to stop watering down the quality of the "real" TWG games. There's a lot less crazy, mystery setups than there ever have been (which is ok), OOT is never on (which is ok) and its things like these that, with the effect intended or not, make FFRTWG drift more towards 2+2 and other sites. This is not a bad thing on its own. Hell, if its what people want, that's fine. But is having the attitude that permeates on those sites alright for FFRTWG is the real concern in my opinion. I'm rather afraid that it might be impossible to have one without having the other.

                  Personally, I'm not 100% ok with this. For years FFRTWG has been a place where people can just goof off while trying to win. The emphasis had always really been on the former, and thankfully, I don't think that this has changed yet. I think it is starting to, though.

                  What I'm getting at is, I think what the community wants as a whole regarding Red Blaster's eligibility says a lot about what we want FFRTWG to be as a whole. I'm honestly shocked so many people want him to stay banned. Forever. Just thinking about what that means makes me feel uncomfortable.

                  I talked about this before when people were giving Red Blaster shit, but I feel like people are voting with their hearts instead of their heads. People look back and they laugh about the time that V intentionally got Fiction and himself modkilled essentially ruining town's chances of a victory. Yes, he thought Fiction was a wolf. Was it ever ok for him to do what he did? ABSOLUTELY NOT. I hate to harp on V because he's not the only person who has done this (lurker, choof, DBP, Psycho among others who have threatened to post their PM at least once, even jokingly) but he also threatened to post his PM in the Rock-Paper-Scissors game, again, not just to troll but for strategic reasons (would take a long time to explain these).

                  However, when Red Blaster has threatened to post, or has posted his PM, the response has been different. And it should be. But we as a community cannot sit here and laugh about V posting his PM, thus allowing the wolves to win the next phase, (essentially throwing a game! see what I'm getting at here?) and then, on the same matter, condemn Red Blaster to the FFRTWG equivalent of eternal damnation.

                  This sucks to say but I feel like Red's getting the shafting simply because we don't like him or whatever. Please don't make it about that, guys. Please don't vote based on that. Vote how you would if you didn't know Red Blaster at all.

                  I'm a bit scared I made this post too late to matter, but its how I feel.
                  Last edited by thesunfan; 09-29-2015, 12:24 PM.
                  Originally posted by Vendetta21
                  Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                  Originally posted by XelNya
                  I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                  Originally posted by star-crossed
                  (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                  Comment

                  • .Gazelle.
                    Mr. Skeltal
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Oct 2010
                    • 1506

                    #39
                    Re: Red Blaster wants to be unbanned

                    Originally posted by MrPopadopalis25
                    I say yes if only because I want to have a game where Zenith and Red go at it like two starving lions fighting over a big juicy gazelle.


                    Originally posted by LeKrispyKreme
                    Rap music is music. However, It's not in the traditional sense of how we understand music. The vocals are filled with slangs that gangs used since the 70s and a lot of the instrumentations are replaced with "Street Sounds" instead of traditional instruments. Music is defined as any combination of sounds that is pleasing to the ear, so while one person may find it as "noise" another person can find it pleasing to the ear and so call "vibe" with it as how I think the kids would say it these days.

                    Comment

                    • thesunfan
                      Role Tide
                      Sectional Moderator
                      • May 2011
                      • 10859

                      #40
                      Re: Red Blaster wants to be unbanned

                      Votecount (considering only people who have played at least one game of FFRTWG and changing blind's vote to reflect how he feels)

                      Red staying banned: 10

                      Red being unbanned: 10

                      EDIT: FUCK I bottompaged my own important post.
                      Last edited by thesunfan; 09-29-2015, 12:53 PM.
                      Originally posted by Vendetta21
                      Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                      Originally posted by XelNya
                      I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                      Originally posted by star-crossed
                      (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                      Comment

                      • AragakiAyase
                        Waifus
                        • Apr 2015
                        • 961

                        #41
                        Re: Red Blaster wants to be unbanned

                        I agree with pretty much all of greg's post but here's what I think is especially important:

                        I'm generally in favor of giving people another chance. Yes, he screwed up, but he's had a decent break and has supposedly been playing on other sites. Not letting him have another chance is incredibly draconic and perpetuates this elitist attitude that Greg mentioned. That doesn't mean we have to let him off easy though; probation and an instant re-ban if he even implies breaking a rule are some options.

                        pikakirby123 reincarnated





                        Comment

                        • Charu
                          Snivy! Dohoho!
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Mar 2006
                          • 6207

                          #42
                          Re: Red Blaster wants to be unbanned

                          "'Ey yo, whatcha wanna do today?" asked a Charu.

                          "Bro, I don't even," replied a sunfan.

                          "I think we need to Charu."

                          "How does one Charu?"

                          "Well I'm glad ya asked, sunnyboy!"

                          Charu, with his Snivy persona, came running up on top of a hill and posed.

                          Laaaaaaaaaa

                          To be a Charu, ya need to be cool
                          You sim-ply. Need. To. Be-a special!
                          Cry out a bird laugh, squawk at your pals
                          Get up and. Scream. To. Your Skype Call!


                          Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                          Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                          Had a very shiny nose
                          And if you ever saw it
                          You could even say it glows

                          All of the other Snivies
                          Used to laugh and call him names
                          They never let poor Charu
                          Join in any Snivy games

                          (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                          Originally posted by Vendetta21
                          All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                          Comment

                          • Charu
                            Snivy! Dohoho!
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Mar 2006
                            • 6207

                            #43
                            Re: Red Blaster wants to be unbanned

                            "Yo bro, what the fuck was that?"

                            Charu looked at sunnyboy with a wide crazed smile.

                            "Being a Charu!"


                            Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                            Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                            Had a very shiny nose
                            And if you ever saw it
                            You could even say it glows

                            All of the other Snivies
                            Used to laugh and call him names
                            They never let poor Charu
                            Join in any Snivy games

                            (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                            Originally posted by Vendetta21
                            All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                            Comment

                            • Charu
                              Snivy! Dohoho!
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Mar 2006
                              • 6207

                              #44
                              Re: Red Blaster wants to be unbanned

                              Hey TWG, we should write a collaborative fanfic.

                              Starring Redblaster as the main antagonist!

                              We'll call it, "The Red Herring!"
                              Last edited by Charu; 09-29-2015, 12:45 PM.


                              Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                              Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                              Had a very shiny nose
                              And if you ever saw it
                              You could even say it glows

                              All of the other Snivies
                              Used to laugh and call him names
                              They never let poor Charu
                              Join in any Snivy games

                              (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                              Originally posted by Vendetta21
                              All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                              Comment

                              • Jtehanonymous
                                Hunger Games Hunty
                                • Jan 2007
                                • 3770

                                #45
                                Re: Red Blaster wants to be unbanned

                                yeah why are people voting unless they've played ffr twg. :v do you not enjoy reading red's twg posts or something. ?.?

                                I don't see too much of a problem with bringing Red back since there's always the immediate ability to exercise a ban again? At the very worst, one game could be ruined again so if you're willing to take that risk... why not?

                                Comment

                                Working...