Fresh Flock of Fantastic Files (F4) V1. (torrent available!)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Spazzbite
    FFR Simfile Author
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Jan 2003
    • 2181

    #31
    Bahamut's 0x1311 was an extremely well done file IMO, definitely the best out there. I also really liked Illumination of the Sky, and Felys. Those are my 3 favourites in no particular order.

    Originally posted by Quicker
    shades don't break unless you break them.

    Comment

    • Bahamut-X
      FFR Player
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Nov 2004
      • 3399

      #32
      Thanks Spazz! I was really proud of it.

      Comment

      • Snapps
        NO DOUBT GET LOUD
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Sep 2003
        • 5650

        #33
        Originally posted by dAnceguy117
        Wow, -joe-, your sims in this pack are impressive. The only sims of yours I really liked prior were V3 v2 and Hardcore Symphony, but I like all of yours in this pack. Boom Boom Fire is kind of nostalgic because I had an old crappy file of it ages ago XD

        Exige's sims are pretty good. At least he didn't crap them out with random jumps like he did with his sims in KCII.

        You do understand those in the KBCII were really old ones >_>

        Comment

        • maesce
          FFR Player
          • Dec 2004
          • 24

          #34
          Okay.. played some more.. here's the one's I like a lot so far:

          LOW - Simple file that matches, with some neat notes I wouldnt have thought to make myself.
          pandora - Much better than Reach's pandora, this matches the music, is on sync, and isnt silly xD
          re-sublimity - A nice little jpop song with steps to match
          speedfreak - I really like these patterns. o.o;
          Summer in Belize - A typical "joe" file with some really really fun patterns!!!
          vertex a - Amazing stepfile and song.
          beethoven virus - Simple file, I like it.
          ageha - Another simple file, with some burning heat gallops in the middle which makes it unique.
          Incognito - I like it. o.o
          This Cocaine - FUNKY PATTERNS!! xD
          Up 'n Down - Simple file, fun to play.

          And last but not least..

          Blue Army - Best file in the pack so far imo.

          Comment

          • HST
            FFR Player
            • Jun 2005
            • 528

            #35
            ROFL.

            I guess my graphics were used for this pack...(Re-Sublimity and HARTMANS CRAP).

            Anyway, 0x1311 rocks.

            Illumination of the Sky now feels weird without stream but it's not like there is a written rule that it has too. More MA friendly.

            EDIT: Oh yeah, if anyone wants a source of where the Blue Army vocal part came from...look for "Seperation" by angela. Or just music from "Sokyuu no Fafner". 8)

            Comment

            • medik
              FFR Player
              • Jun 2004
              • 521

              #36
              Files I Like:

              0x1311
              19,November
              Beethoven Virus
              Beyond The Earth
              Blue Army
              Center of the Universe
              Death Egg Final Boss (DnB Remix)
              Empathy (I love this song so god damn much)
              EXD
              Felys
              Illumination of the Sky (but I think there needs to be one that focuses on the tapping steps, and les the synth)
              K-ATE-107 (I just like the name xD)
              Pandora (Skor's I think is better, but this is definetely up there)
              Payon (xD)
              Vertex Alpha (but I wish it wasn't long)

              And of course I heart all of my files, but I want you to tell me about LOW, Attitude, Boundary, and Frozen Ray.

              Edit: I got bored = I made the IOTS edit that I wanted. If anyone wants to play it, AIM me.

              Over the Frail Dream
              Originally posted by Hr2
              You\'re a furry

              Comment

              • maesce
                FFR Player
                • Dec 2004
                • 24

                #37
                Originally posted by medik
                Edit: I got bored = I made the IOTS edit that I wanted. If anyone wants to play it, AIM me.
                Could you please message me on AIM? (Scorpstaz)

                Thanks -- 2kM.

                Comment

                • eVILPeeR
                  FFR Player
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Aug 2003
                  • 2284

                  #38
                  I honestly thought a lot of the files in this pack were not well done. Infact, the judging overall was not that well done. A lot of the graphics were really quite sub-par, and didn't fit in with a lot of the actually well done banners and backgrounds. Aswell, some of the simfiles felt really.. put together. Highway Star for example. It whores out 16th streams, in a part where you could use complex rhythms and whatnot to make the file a lot more fun. Many files in this pack seemed that way. Though, I did enjoy the ones that came out well.

                  Comment

                  • maesce
                    FFR Player
                    • Dec 2004
                    • 24

                    #39
                    Originally posted by eVILPeeR
                    I honestly thought a lot of the files in this pack were not well done. Infact, the judging overall was not that well done. A lot of the graphics were really quite sub-par, and didn't fit in with a lot of the actually well done banners and backgrounds. Aswell, some of the simfiles felt really.. put together. Highway Star for example. It whores out 16th streams, in a part where you could use complex rhythms and whatnot to make the file a lot more fun. Many files in this pack seemed that way. Though, I did enjoy the ones that came out well.
                    I guess next time you'll have to contribute your idea of a perfect simfile, eh? =)

                    Comment

                    • Zaghurim
                      FFR Player
                      FFR Music Producer
                      • Apr 2005
                      • 3664

                      #40
                      He's completely right about Highway Star (I made it). Problem was/is - the mp3 quality is too full of noise to actually be able to make something out of the bg things (normalizing just fucked it up too). I tried but it just got retarded. It's not as good as it gets but it's pretty good in any case (and I was mostly aiming for a fun file anyway). I dunno about the gap though.. I sure hope I fixed it before I sent it in, because I know it was off at some point.. lol XD

                      Comment

                      • Reach
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Jun 2003
                        • 7471

                        #41
                        The steps to it were actually fun though (highway star). It was just too long XD

                        maesce, omg stop comparing new sims to my old ones OMG ITS BETTER and IT SHOULD BE! My pandora is over a year old now <_>

                        after playing some more files I guess i'll stick with empathy as my favoritre. Still would fix the ending though XD Might do that myself actually >.>

                        Comment

                        • maesce
                          FFR Player
                          • Dec 2004
                          • 24

                          #42
                          Originally posted by Reach
                          maesce, omg stop comparing new sims to my old ones OMG ITS BETTER and IT SHOULD BE! My pandora is over a year old now <_>
                          No need to take offense, I'm pretty sure everybody knows for every one bad file you make there are 5 good ones and 10 awesome ones.

                          Except reality. I should shoot you for making that.

                          Comment

                          • -joe-
                            FFR Player
                            • Mar 2004
                            • 409

                            #43
                            URGENT

                            MIRRORS WOULD BE AWESOME!!! If you can host this pack somewhere, please do so and post the link in here. There has been over 65 gigs of transfer in 4 days on the pack. Yes, SIXTY FIVE GIGABYTES OF TRANSFER!

                            TORRENTS, YOU SEND ITS, MEGAUPLOADS, ANYTHING!

                            I will give credit where credit is due!!!
                            you\'re dumb

                            Comment

                            • medik
                              FFR Player
                              • Jun 2004
                              • 521

                              #44
                              Here's a torrent I am currently SEEDING please HELP SEED!



                              Over the Frail Dream
                              Originally posted by Hr2
                              You\'re a furry

                              Comment

                              • xObserveRx
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Aug 2003
                                • 1148

                                #45
                                I really didn't end up liking a lot of the files from this pack... :/

                                Is it just my computer? or were a lot of the gaps off? I mean, no one has ever complained about one of my songs having an incorrect gap, cept Reach, and we've always agreed our comps are different.

                                A lot of the songs just felt... i dunno... too random. I guess I've been used to playing certain people's stuff for the past 6 months or so, and anything new was a bit odd.

                                There were some great files in here as well though. Beyond the Earth is by Far my favourite from this pack. (Besides my own of course.) Payon was well done too I thought, I really like that one too. The 216 bpm rock song (forget the name) was really well done... but i thought it was too long. I agree with reach on Highway star being a good file, just waaay too long.

                                P.S: I don't see why a lot of people liked blue army. I personally thought it to be one of the worst SONGS in the pack, as well as the most offbeat. (almost .40 second gap change needed.)
                                Come Play The Werewolf Game!

                                Comment

                                Working...