Why can I never seem to find charts that I want

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jousway
    FFR Player
    • Jun 2009
    • 867

    #31
    Re: Why can I never seem to find charts that I want

    Originally posted by Mollocephalus
    You, sir, are a genius. The local arcade owner, which owns like 15 arcades all over italy, wants a new and improved itg for his machines. Wanna chime in?
    sadly my knowlage is lua side and not c++ side, so I dont know how to do it program wise, like my amod system is written in just lua, like I could write the basic stuff for openitg in the scripts folder but defining it is going to be hard :V

    I got a copy of the sm5 version online at


    and it also changes how the speedmod displays in player options like look



    like its no longer a giant mess, of a load of values, because now you can define the type and speed separate, also I should just learn c++ so I can do it program side tough :V
    Its not a bug its a FEATURE!



    Comment

    • Mollocephalus
      Custom User Title
      • Jul 2009
      • 2608

      #32
      Re: Why can I never seem to find charts that I want

      Actually, i think he's more interested in having a badass looking theme than modifications of the program itself We already have a modified arcade theme calle ITGF, maybe it could be possible to work on that? I'm not sure about that, but i think you could get paid if you are able to do a quality job theme-wise.

      Comment

      • Jousway
        FFR Player
        • Jun 2009
        • 867

        #33
        Re: Why can I never seem to find charts that I want

        I can do mostly lua theme stuff, and openitg is xml :V, well if you know the basics you can understand both, also, I'm testing my Jmod system and its HILARIOUS
        Last edited by Jousway; 09-17-2013, 06:42 AM.
        Its not a bug its a FEATURE!



        Comment

        • Mollocephalus
          Custom User Title
          • Jul 2009
          • 2608

          #34
          Re: Why can I never seem to find charts that I want

          Mind=blown

          Comment

          • Jousway
            FFR Player
            • Jun 2009
            • 867

            #35
            Re: Why can I never seem to find charts that I want



            I renamed it to CXmod, here have a vid of Amod and CXmod next to eachother
            Its not a bug its a FEATURE!



            Comment

            • Fission
              no
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Jan 2004
              • 1850

              #36
              Re: Why can I never seem to find charts that I want

              doing much of anything in c++ for stepmania is really unnecessary. it requires people to recompile, which is a huge inconvenience that should be avoided. you really should just do it in lua anyways, and use c++ if there is no api hook or it isn't performant enough.

              unrelated, but where can i find documentation for the lua api stepmania uses that actually has some examples? references like http://www.stepmania.com/wiki/Lua_sc...Actor_commands are hardly helpful because they have no context.

              Comment

              • Jousway
                FFR Player
                • Jun 2009
                • 867

                #37
                Re: Why can I never seem to find charts that I want

                http://kki.ajworld.net/lua/sm5/Lua.xml if you need any help feel free to ask
                Its not a bug its a FEATURE!



                Comment

                • Fission
                  no
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Jan 2004
                  • 1850

                  #38
                  Re: Why can I never seem to find charts that I want

                  this is the type of thing i wasn't looking for. as i said in my previous post, it has no context. it's just a bucket list of functions and i have no idea in which context they are callable in, etc.

                  EDIT: forget i said anything. this is probably something i am going to have to mess with myself. i doubt i am going to find the type of documentation i am looking for.
                  Last edited by Fission; 09-17-2013, 09:25 AM.

                  Comment

                  • Jousway
                    FFR Player
                    • Jun 2009
                    • 867

                    #39
                    Re: Why can I never seem to find charts that I want

                    other than that, there is nothing, so yeah, have fun! lawl
                    Its not a bug its a FEATURE!



                    Comment

                    • Fission
                      no
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Jan 2004
                      • 1850

                      #40
                      Re: Why can I never seem to find charts that I want

                      zzzzz. i might dabble around in it, but not sure if it's worth learning the api at this point.

                      Comment

                      • Jousway
                        FFR Player
                        • Jun 2009
                        • 867

                        #41
                        Re: Why can I never seem to find charts that I want

                        most of us just learned from reading existing themes code, and looking trough the game's source code at the lua related binds
                        Its not a bug its a FEATURE!



                        Comment

                        • Fission
                          no
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Jan 2004
                          • 1850

                          #42
                          Re: Why can I never seem to find charts that I want

                          yeah, that makes sense. i guess it wouldn't be that hard to figure it out since i am already proficient in lua.

                          still though, not sure what i would even do after i learned how to do what i was looking for. i don't have the time to make extensive modifications anyways. i guess i could make a revamp of ultralight that caters toward keyboard play if i did find the time.

                          i'm just going to cut this post here since i'm rambling now and i derailed this thread.
                          Last edited by Fission; 09-17-2013, 11:34 AM.

                          Comment

                          • Jousway
                            FFR Player
                            • Jun 2009
                            • 867

                            #43
                            Re: Why can I never seem to find charts that I want

                            maybe I should just make a topic were we can derail about themes, lua, xml, ini or w/e as much as we want, and people can ask for help with theming questions
                            Its not a bug its a FEATURE!



                            Comment

                            • Kukurin
                              FFR Player
                              • Jan 2013
                              • 31

                              #44
                              Re: Why can I never seem to find charts that I want

                              That would be a good idea...

                              Comment

                              Working...