Why can I never seem to find charts that I want

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • beary605
    FFR Veteran
    • Oct 2008
    • 448

    #16
    Re: Why can I never seem to find charts that I want

    Originally posted by Kukurin
    it does that thing where they make the bpm really high
    Maybe a cmod will help It's another type of speedmod for Stepmania; the speed that the arrows move stays constant regardless of BPM changes. If you look on the speedmod section of options, there should be C200, C400 stuff like that; try those and see if they work for you.

    There is a way to modify the speed listings for Stepmania, although I don't have it memorized (maybe someone else can say that?), so if 200 and 400 are too awkward you can change it to something more suitable Just fiddle around with the numbers until it works
    Last edited by beary605; 09-5-2013, 11:19 PM.

    Comment

    • Jousway
      FFR Player
      • Jun 2009
      • 867

      #17
      Re: Why can I never seem to find charts that I want

      Originally posted by Ohaider
      I wishhh
      if you wish for one so much, go make one
      Its not a bug its a FEATURE!



      Comment

      • Kukurin
        FFR Player
        • Jan 2013
        • 31

        #18
        Re: Why can I never seem to find charts that I want

        Maybe a cmod will help It's another type of speedmod for Stepmania; the speed that the arrows move stays constant regardless of BPM changes. If you look on the speedmod section of options, there should be C200, C400 stuff like that; try those and see if they work for you.

        There is a way to modify the speed listings for Stepmania, although I don't have it memorized (maybe someone else can say that?), so if 200 and 400 are too awkward you can change it to something more suitable Just fiddle around with the numbers until it works
        I do use speed mods, all the time. I play almost all songs on x3 speed, and adjust according to the bpm. But what some chart do, is they raise the bpm twice as high as it should be, so that where there would be 16th notes, there are now 8th notes.

        Comment

        • ilikexd
          ​
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Apr 2006
          • 3209

          #19
          Re: Why can I never seem to find charts that I want

          Originally posted by Kukurin
          I do use speed mods, all the time. I play almost all songs on x3 speed, and adjust according to the bpm. But what some chart do, is they raise the bpm twice as high as it should be, so that where there would be 16th notes, there are now 8th notes.
          then you should use a cmod

          you're using an xmod

          Comment

          • foxfire667
            The FFRchiver
            FFR Music Producer
            • Jun 2009
            • 2170

            #20
            Re: Why can I never seem to find charts that I want

            Originally posted by Kukurin
            And, if anyone is interested, I have this old pack. I literally can NOT find this anymore. I even found it once by googling the names of the songs together with a SM search, and I tried it again when I got my new computer, and nothing. Very decend Touhou pack; message me if you're interested.
            I am interested.

            I archive SM packs on the SMO server, and I would be happy to give another dead pack a place to be once again downloaded and played by others. Does this qualify as message enough, or should I send you an actual PM?

            As for using indeed, it's extremely simple. Quite literally all you have to do is go to this page, and then type in the song info. For example, if the only thing you knew about the song was that it was called cannonball, you could type that in alone and search. Then when you got your results, if the song exists in a pack you could download and try it out (in this case I find cannonball in Jayce's Evolution). Head over to the SMO downloads page and find the pack you are looking for, and you should be all set (in this case Jayce's Evolution is located here).

            It should be noted that individual files are extremely difficult to manage, and as such are tough to track down (especially without many big places to upload them). I only deal with StepMania packs, but the biggest place I can think of that might have individual files would be Zenius -I- Vanisher. Sometimes people host packs there, but generally it's just collections of single files which you can search through.

            It should also be noted that when you download a SM pack from SMO, there will not be any detailed information about it aside from the name and style it's intended for (pad, singles, solo, doubles, etc). It isn't some critically intensive load out, it is just a fallback for any existing SM pack to have, so that people will never have to worry about things dying out and disappearing. Feel free to have a little fun and take a chance though, it's quite possible you might like what you find.
            SM pack archiver | 1.5 Billion Club | Etterna Online: [Register]

            Comment

            • Kukurin
              FFR Player
              • Jan 2013
              • 31

              #21
              Re: Why can I never seem to find charts that I want

              then you should use a cmod

              you're using an xmod
              ilikexd is online now Report Post Reply With Quote
              What is that?

              As for sharing the pack, I might have to see if I can track it down in those sites, because it's WAY too big to send in email, and I'm not too much into file sharing sites. I'll see what I can do though.

              Comment

              • foxfire667
                The FFRchiver
                FFR Music Producer
                • Jun 2009
                • 2170

                #22
                Re: Why can I never seem to find charts that I want

                Originally posted by Kukurin
                What is that?

                As for sharing the pack, I might have to see if I can track it down in those sites, because it's WAY too big to send in email, and I'm not too much into file sharing sites. I'll see what I can do though.
                Cmod is an option where the arrows move at a constant rate towards the receptors, not linked to the BPM of the file. When you select a song, go to the options like you would for changing xmod (1x, 2x, 3x, etc) and change it to a cmod instead (c200, c400, etc). Then the chart won't jitter around all over the place when you are playing a song with varying bpms (in terms of speed up / slow down).

                If you can't find it, some file sharing sites really aren't bad for short term file hosting. If I had to upload a large file somewhere for a short time, less obscure file sharing sites aren't the worst things in the world. 4shared, MEGA, Mediafire, and Dropbox are all pretty simple and reliable for that task. Either way though, I'll look forward to the pack when I can get it!
                SM pack archiver | 1.5 Billion Club | Etterna Online: [Register]

                Comment

                • Kukurin
                  FFR Player
                  • Jan 2013
                  • 31

                  #23
                  Re: Why can I never seem to find charts that I want

                  If you can't find it, some file sharing sites really aren't bad for short term file hosting. If I had to upload a large file somewhere for a short time, less obscure file sharing sites aren't the worst things in the world. 4shared, MEGA, Mediafire, and Dropbox are all pretty simple and reliable for that task. Either way though, I'll look forward to the pack when I can get it!
                  Haha, that's perfect then, because just yesterday my friend wanted me to get dropbox so she can get more space. So I'll use that then.

                  I'll try a cmod then.
                  Btw, is there a way to make your own speed mods without know any real coding. Like if I could go into a text file and add entries of my own to it?

                  Comment

                  • Mollocephalus
                    Custom User Title
                    • Jul 2009
                    • 2608

                    #24
                    Re: Why can I never seem to find charts that I want

                    if you're on stepmania 3.9 or 3.95, go into

                    c://applications/stepmania (or wherever your installation folder is)

                    then

                    themes/default/metrics.ini (if you're using a different theme it may or may not get the speeds from the default theme, go check it out)

                    open metrics.ini and look for the area where there are all the speed mods. Easier way is to use the notepad search function and enter C400. It will take you right where you wanna go.

                    Once you're there, it's pretty easy, really. There is first speed=(number), in which you need to write the number of speeds you have afterwards. If the numbers don't match, the exceeding speeds won't be loaded.

                    Then you can type is all the speeds you want. Keep an eye on using the same exact format. This is what my speed mods look like.



                    If you're really picky go look for english.ini and add the speeds there too, right AFTER the ones already there. Follow the format of the other speeds you find.

                    If you're on sm5 just look for a "speedmods" file or something like that, i think it's in documents/stepmania and add whatever mods you want. Much easier.

                    Comment

                    • Kukurin
                      FFR Player
                      • Jan 2013
                      • 31

                      #25
                      Re: Why can I never seem to find charts that I want

                      Would you be able to tell me what an Mmod is? Is that just new in SM5?

                      Comment

                      • angelheadedhpst
                        FFR Player
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Sep 2006
                        • 80

                        #26
                        Re: Why can I never seem to find charts that I want

                        The indeed engine was interesting! A few other places you may want to look at (or at least bookmark):





                        There was a signature here. It's gone now.

                        Comment

                        • Mollocephalus
                          Custom User Title
                          • Jul 2009
                          • 2608

                          #27
                          Re: Why can I never seem to find charts that I want

                          Originally posted by Kukurin
                          Would you be able to tell me what an Mmod is? Is that just new in SM5?
                          M-Mod is like cmod but keeps all stops and bpm changes. Basically what it does is talking the song's highest displayed bpm - in the .sm file, it is in the row "displaybpm" and set your desired scrolling speed (example: 700) relative to that speed. However, if a file has speedups and bpm tricks, and the sim author didn't care to put the correct bpm in the "displaybpm" field, leaving it automatic, the chart will most likely be unreadable. If you like M-mods you can adjust such files yourself by modifying the .sm files and adding the speed at which the chart goes for the majority of time in the aforementioned "displaybpm" field.

                          This is available with 3.95, i'm sure, because our itg machines run on a modified version of openitg (which is stepmania 3.95) and they have it. On sm5 it's probably easier, since you just add them speed mod in the relative text document.
                          Last edited by Mollocephalus; 09-17-2013, 12:58 AM.

                          Comment

                          • Jousway
                            FFR Player
                            • Jun 2009
                            • 867

                            #28
                            Re: Why can I never seem to find charts that I want

                            meanwhile I even added amod to my theme system, which is amazing for xmod file, which is like the mmod you described but it automatically calculates the average bpm and bases on that

                            also openitg has mmod because it was designed code wise by vyhd aka the main devolper of openitg, he made it for openitg, and then it got added to sm5

                            3.95 doesnt have mmod


                            also kinda funny was that I asked some of the sm5 devs, like freem and vyhd mostly if they were willing to add amod code wise before I wrote my system, vyhd was like, its a pain in the ass to do, so write one yourself, so I did ;D
                            Last edited by Jousway; 09-17-2013, 02:58 AM.
                            Its not a bug its a FEATURE!



                            Comment

                            • SM MaxX
                              FFR Player
                              • Sep 2013
                              • 95

                              #29
                              Re: Why can I never seem to find charts that I want

                              Originally posted by Mollocephalus
                              openitg (which is stepmania 3.95)
                              They aren't exactly the same, moreso the former is a really updated version of it with bugfixes and bunch of other added features (like mmods, which don't work in regular 3.95).

                              Comment

                              • Mollocephalus
                                Custom User Title
                                • Jul 2009
                                • 2608

                                #30
                                Re: Why can I never seem to find charts that I want

                                Originally posted by Jousway
                                meanwhile I even added amod to my theme system, which is amazing for xmod file, which is like the mmod you described but it automatically calculates the average bpm and bases on that

                                also openitg has mmod because it was designed code wise by vyhd aka the main devolper of openitg, he made it for openitg, and then it got added to sm5

                                3.95 doesnt have mmod


                                also kinda funny was that I asked some of the sm5 devs, like freem and vyhd mostly if they were willing to add amod code wise before I wrote my system, vyhd was like, its a pain in the ass to do, so write one yourself, so I did ;D
                                You, sir, are a genius. The local arcade owner, which owns like 15 arcades all over italy, wants a new and improved itg for his machines. Wanna chime in?

                                Comment

                                Working...