Guitar Hero. Awesome.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Dazzled
    FFR Player
    • Jan 2006
    • 1399

    #361
    Re: Guitar Hero. Awesome.

    Originally posted by DinsFire
    It's only a hammeron or pulloff (is the term even pulloff? it sounds wrong) if the first note has a black ring around it (like all single or double notes) and the ones after it are left with a white top, without the black ring. It's hard to explain, but just pay attention to that next time.
    forgot to reply this one, you just helped me a tad. It's explained well enough, and it makes stuff a LOT easier for me now.

    EDIT: Some more questions

    a) Whats the difference with GH and GH2 ? I got GH2 for about 10 days now, and I'm wondering if GH is worth buying it ?
    b) Can you play custom songs on the PS2 ? Or is that only possible with the xbox ?

    Comment

    • Shashakiro
      TWO THOUZAND COMBO
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Aug 2005
      • 9082

      #362
      Re: Guitar Hero. Awesome.

      Originally posted by Dazzled
      a) Whats the difference with GH and GH2 ? I got GH2 for about 10 days now, and I'm wondering if GH is worth buying it ?
      GH1 has an incredibly inferior (essentially unusable) HOPO system, and no speed mod. It also lacks practice mode, doesn't autosave your scores when you improve them without gaining a star, and has WAY more SP phrases in the charts. It's a good buy for the 40 bucks though, or cheaper if you can get it used.

      b) Can you play custom songs on the PS2 ? Or is that only possible with the xbox ?
      You can do it on the PS2 as well. I've never tried and probably never will, though.
      4th Official FFR Tournament - Master division champion!

      Originally posted by Boogiebear
      use ur bain. Itz there for a reason.

      Comment

      • sjoecool1991
        FFR Player
        • Mar 2006
        • 2302

        #363
        Re: Guitar Hero. Awesome.

        I am definitely urn me a custom Guitar Hero II disc with a bunch of custom songs, because there are so many good ones out there.


        Th ones I want the most are:
        Stairway to Heaven
        Fury Of The Storm
        Immigrant Song
        Ghost Of Perdition
        Stream Of Consciousness

        And the only one there that is not finished is Stream Of Consciousness.

        Comment

        • _pandaman_
          FFR Player
          • Jun 2005
          • 479

          #364
          Re: Guitar Hero. Awesome.

          Originally posted by Shashakiro
          uh well when you have an FC on anything you shouldn't expect to be more than 10k off of first unless your SP path is garbage^2

          and yeah I'm pretty proud of my 88 rank or whatever, and my all-ranks-under-300 status

          EDIT: gl retaking MiaB lmfao

          now for SatD, which I don't even need to FC to beat you on hehe EDIT2 oops I did it anyway rofl owned

          Try some other stuff =D
          Curse you!

          And did you sign up for league?

          EDIT: Saw that you did, awesome
          Last edited by _pandaman_; 04-23-2007, 01:02 AM.

          Comment

          • .KillZoNe.
            FFR Player
            • Apr 2007
            • 4

            #365
            Re: Guitar Hero. Awesome.

            Any game with rage against the machine on it, is good.
            ::::::: XBL: iKillZoNe - AIM: EhhhJay961 - ::::::

            Comment

            • SethSquall
              FFR Player
              • Mar 2004
              • 5477

              #366
              Re: Guitar Hero. Awesome.

              Kinda annoyed that Xbox are can just download songs form the first Guitar Hero. I'd like to play some of those songs on GHII and actually pull off HO/PO like as anyone who has played GHI will know there nearly impossible to do.
              Originally posted by Tibs
              I love you, you Welsh ****

              Comment

              • brothaice
                FFR Simfile Author
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Dec 2005
                • 2940

                #367
                Re: Guitar Hero. Awesome.

                Its a good game i guess. I had it for three days (never played it before) and beat it on medium, hard, and expert. (Me and my friend played on hard, but i beat it on expert on my own. Now when i got to the hardest two songs i was only getting 3 stars, because i hadnt masterd pulloffs yet, but w/e. Its kinda easy.

                Comment

                • SethSquall
                  FFR Player
                  • Mar 2004
                  • 5477

                  #368
                  Re: Guitar Hero. Awesome.

                  ^ Lol.

                  Ps.



                  I was pleased with it anyway heh XD
                  Last edited by SethSquall; 04-23-2007, 10:01 AM.
                  Originally posted by Tibs
                  I love you, you Welsh ****

                  Comment

                  • Shashakiro
                    TWO THOUZAND COMBO
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Aug 2005
                    • 9082

                    #369
                    Re: Guitar Hero. Awesome.

                    It's funny when people call GH easy because they "beat the game" easily

                    just compare FC'ing anything in FFR to FC'ing anything in GH, then come back and tell me GH is easy
                    4th Official FFR Tournament - Master division champion!

                    Originally posted by Boogiebear
                    use ur bain. Itz there for a reason.

                    Comment

                    • SethSquall
                      FFR Player
                      • Mar 2004
                      • 5477

                      #370
                      Re: Guitar Hero. Awesome.

                      Yes, in a word.

                      That's why I just dignified that with a "lol".

                      Although it should of been a HA!
                      Originally posted by Tibs
                      I love you, you Welsh ****

                      Comment

                      • sujishishou
                        FFR Player
                        • Oct 2005
                        • 183

                        #371
                        Re: Guitar Hero. Awesome.

                        i think guitar hero is fun.
                        but i actually play actual actual guitar.
                        it is not cool to suck at song you can actually play actually in actuality.
                        which for me would be most songs!
                        i do not recommend this game to guitarists like me.
                        unless you want to feel like you have unlearned the guitar of course.

                        Comment

                        • Cyanite
                          SIT THE **** DOWN.
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Feb 2007
                          • 1174

                          #372
                          Re: Guitar Hero. Awesome.

                          Originally posted by SethSquall
                          Kinda annoyed that Xbox are can just download songs form the first Guitar Hero. I'd like to play some of those songs on GHII and actually pull off HO/PO like as anyone who has played GHI will know there nearly impossible to do.
                          If you want to shell out roughly 2 dollars per song, go ahead.

                          Otherwise they're not worth buying.


                          Originally posted by KgZ
                          oh yeah girls love it when I stick my massive arm in their mouth

                          Comment

                          • _pandaman_
                            FFR Player
                            • Jun 2005
                            • 479

                            #373
                            Re: Guitar Hero. Awesome.

                            Originally posted by Cyanite
                            If you want to shell out roughly 2 dollars per song, go ahead.

                            Otherwise they're not worth buying.
                            completely and utterly agreed.

                            That's why i signed the petition

                            Comment

                            • SethSquall
                              FFR Player
                              • Mar 2004
                              • 5477

                              #374
                              Re: Guitar Hero. Awesome.

                              I have a feeling this just made 5 *s I was happy though.


                              And Yay. I feel like Izzy Sparks does in the picture.



                              Ps my mates HDTV FTW.

                              I'm going to start going expert soon. I think I need more practice first though.
                              Last edited by SethSquall; 04-24-2007, 06:38 AM.
                              Originally posted by Tibs
                              I love you, you Welsh ****

                              Comment

                              • Shashakiro
                                TWO THOUZAND COMBO
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Aug 2005
                                • 9082

                                #375
                                Re: Guitar Hero. Awesome.

                                you were about 4k past the cutoff on Free Bird

                                nice job =)
                                4th Official FFR Tournament - Master division champion!

                                Originally posted by Boogiebear
                                use ur bain. Itz there for a reason.

                                Comment

                                Working...