"EXP bar" denoting how far u are from a division/skillpoint cutoff~

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Untimely Friction
    D6 Challeneged
    • Aug 2012
    • 1267

    #16
    Re: "EXP bar" denoting how far u are from a division/skillpoint cutoff~

    Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
    no i disagree because the next step after this is cash shop xp boosts and then the whole game goes to shit (not that it hasn't already)
    Well if you feel it's already gone to shit comparative to freemium, why not support a freemium plan, god knows this site could use some independant funding.

    Comment

    • uzzbuzz
      DJ Uzu
      FFR Music Producer
      • Apr 2008
      • 31

      #17
      Re: "EXP bar" denoting how far u are from a division/skillpoint cutoff~

      Heh, basically all the tier points are way out of my reach. (Aren't they all like 55's or higher?) I can barely almost AAA some 30's only :P
      I do 8Bit Music http://www.youtube.com/8bituzz

      Comment

      • YoshL
        Celestial Harbor
        FFR Simfile Author
        FFR Music Producer
        • Aug 2008
        • 6156

        #18
        Re: "EXP bar" denoting how far u are from a division/skillpoint cutoff~

        mod should move this to bug reports and suggestions subforum


        Originally posted by Charu
        Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

        Comment

        • PrawnSkunk
          Administrator
          FFR Simfile Author
          FFR Administrator
          • Dec 2007
          • 3907

          #19
          Re: "EXP bar" denoting how far u are from a division/skillpoint cutoff~

          I like this idea a lot!

          If the scope of skill rating was expanded beyond your top 4 scores, every improvement would give you a sense of progression. I'll make an update here after I've made some headway, so please continue to let me know what you'd like to see out of a leveling system!

          Comment

          • Trumpet63
            Mostly Ignored
            • Mar 2011
            • 471

            #20
            Re: "EXP bar" denoting how far u are from a division/skillpoint cutoff~

            Hey, cool thread, thought I'd chime in. Commenting on the op, I think the fact that difficulties go from 1 to 99, as does skill rating, makes this a pretty obvious choice for some fancy graphical level up nonsense. I should also mention that, from the angle of divisions, I completely support the idea of a relative, more meaningful rank, like percentile.

            Stats is kinda my thing, so, y'know, keep the ideas flowing
            2014 October 7th 1:03 AM

            Zageron: Trumpet
            Trumpet63: yes, im here
            Zageron: You have a problem.

            Comment

            • gold stinger
              Signature Extraordinare~~
              Event Staff
              Game Manager
              FFR Simfile Author
              FFR Music Producer
              Global Moderator
              • Jan 2007
              • 6429

              #21
              Re: "EXP bar" denoting how far u are from a division/skillpoint cutoff~

              Originally posted by _Zenith_
              Lastly, a player-made "EXP System" was made although I do not know what definitions it uses to "Level" a player up; It was the FFR RPG event which you can see some players sporting in their signatures (Take Gold Stinger's for example).
              hi hello how are you doing thanks for looking at my signature
              if anyone wants a cool FFR RPG badge clickie this linkie http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...?type=getbadge

              Gonna sport devil's advocate here because a lot of people seem to be for this but wouldn't this encourage sandbagging considering people would know exactly where to drop off their efforts in getting good scores on a song, and then just practice offline through a guest account?

              I think levelranks, Tier Point lists, and the FFR Leaderboards give more than enough of an advantage at people depicting their division placement and I would be lying if I said I think there wouldn't possibly be a higher amount of sandbagging going on in the next tournament than there was in the previous tournament because of it.
              Last edited by gold stinger; 05-1-2015, 12:14 AM.
              Originally posted by YoshL
              butts.


              - Tosh 2014






              Comment

              • FF_rules
                FF Veteran
                • May 2006
                • 668

                #22
                Re: "EXP bar" denoting how far u are from a division/skillpoint cutoff~

                Originally posted by gold stinger
                I think levelranks, Tier Point lists, and the FFR Leaderboards give more than enough of an advantage at people depicting their division placement and I would be lying if I said I think there wouldn't possibly be a higher amount of sandbagging going on in the next tournament than there was in the previous tournament because of it.
                I think this idea as a devil's advocate is lacking; generally for the sake that adding another form of skill indicator to the already numerous forms we have established won't increase the sandbagging (because the ones that will sandbag will already have the tools needed to know where they lie).

                Also since the hard wipe on my scores I've fell quite a bit since most of my scores were SDG's on mid 50; I've also never been in the mood to play after coming back from korea (I just log in randomly to go to the gambling hall). Am I sandbagging in this scenario?

                Comment

                • rushyrulz
                  Digital Dancing!
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  FFR Music Producer
                  • Feb 2006
                  • 12985

                  #23
                  Re: "EXP bar" denoting how far u are from a division/skillpoint cutoff~

                  FFR RPG badges break after level 100


                  Comment

                  • gold stinger
                    Signature Extraordinare~~
                    Event Staff
                    Game Manager
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    FFR Music Producer
                    Global Moderator
                    • Jan 2007
                    • 6429

                    #24
                    Re: "EXP bar" denoting how far u are from a division/skillpoint cutoff~

                    Originally posted by FF_rules
                    I think this idea as a devil's advocate is lacking; generally for the sake that adding another form of skill indicator to the already numerous forms we have established won't increase the sandbagging (because the ones that will sandbag will already have the tools needed to know where they lie).
                    With an implementation such as this where it's practically in plain sight for even the most casual player, it is expected not that it would change how easy it is for people to track their division placement guess but how many people it would reach out to, and have it be known. But you're right, it would be just as easy to check the multiple other tools.

                    Originally posted by FF_rules
                    Also since the hard wipe on my scores I've fell quite a bit since most of my scores were SDG's on mid 50; I've also never been in the mood to play after coming back from korea (I just log in randomly to go to the gambling hall). Am I sandbagging in this scenario?
                    No, this isn't sandbagging, because the damage is already done, and your current skill is unable to surpass the recorded skill based on your best scores. Sandbagging is when someone deliberately craps out their scores to make it look like all their scores are the same old scores when you have been practicing offline/on stepmania/under circumstances where your score is dumbed down on purpose, to mask your skill.
                    Originally posted by YoshL
                    butts.


                    - Tosh 2014






                    Comment

                    • Trumpet63
                      Mostly Ignored
                      • Mar 2011
                      • 471

                      #25
                      Re: "EXP bar" denoting how far u are from a division/skillpoint cutoff~

                      Originally posted by gold stinger
                      Gonna sport devil's advocate here because a lot of people seem to be for this but wouldn't this encourage sandbagging considering people would know exactly where to drop off their efforts in getting good scores on a song, and then just practice offline through a guest account?
                      I think that adding a visual representation of your skill rating relative to the rest of your division doesn't change the fact that we already have skill rating. If you can understand what that number means, then you can predict your division placement with just as much accuracy as with an xp bar. So, essentially this off-topic.
                      2014 October 7th 1:03 AM

                      Zageron: Trumpet
                      Trumpet63: yes, im here
                      Zageron: You have a problem.

                      Comment

                      • Red Blaster
                        Bridge Burner
                        • Jun 2011
                        • 2040

                        #26
                        Re: "EXP bar" denoting how far u are from a division/skillpoint cutoff~

                        I think this would make sense if ffr worked like osu where simply playing levels you up regardless of how good/bad you do. But given the way that FFR works now with you having to get very specific scores (i.e you could play 50 songs and not make any actual progress towards a new divisional rank up if you're not getting AAA's or high SDG's or scores that make it into the top 4) it doesn't really seem very sensible to me.
                        Originally posted by hi19hi19
                        edgelord Linkin Park adolescent angst music
                        Originally posted by choof
                        hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
                        Originally posted by Funnygurl555
                        what's a milky christmas :O

                        Comment

                        • FF_rules
                          FF Veteran
                          • May 2006
                          • 668

                          #27
                          Re: "EXP bar" denoting how far u are from a division/skillpoint cutoff~

                          Originally posted by Red Blaster
                          simply playing levels you up regardless of how good/bad you do.
                          something like Total Score/Plays?

                          I would prefer an exp system to denote specific landmarks on Grand Total Scores for newer players since staring at 10Billion as a fresh player who only plays D20 songs becomes way too daunting of a task; Make the game more accessible to new players while giving veteran players something else to fiddle with too.

                          Comment

                          Working...