FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 7

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • kjwkjw
    >w<
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Sep 2007
    • 2585

    #61
    Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 7

    Haha... I can barely play the higher division songs now.

    Sorry I didn't get around to posting my thoughts on last week's stuff; I wasn't really up to it ):

    (D1) Earthquake On The Southern Texas Canyon - Not much to say about this one. The jumpstream actually surprised me since this is a 9, but it was short, so! File flowed very nicely.

    (D2) Disco Balls - I like how many of bmah's song choices sound similar, yet they're by different artists most of the time, heh. At any rate, great song and chart. Seems like the jacks and jumpjacks might cause trouble for lots of people, as well as being consistent with the thrown-in color notes.

    (D3) Determination - Again, I feel like there are quite a few other songs with a similar feel (perhaps AKHT's and S.S.H's stuff?). This one was pretty fun to play; great practice for relatively fast jumps and stream.

    (D4) Tsugihagi Construction - Exciting! Parts of this remind me of hapi=>'s remixes for some reason. File itself was alright.
    PS - I personally feel like this is a formidable difficulty jump from last round, but D4's probably still shocked at Mermaid Island, so... =w=


    (D5) Pandora - Ohhhhh, I remember trying a version of this on SM a long time ago, haha. I think SF himself sent me a WIP version to test. Pretty neat, speedy chart. A lot of the midsection looks really dirty on FFR though xP
    Also I actually thought I could at least sightread SDG or something when I saw the song length and the really long intro section. Man, was I wrong.


    (D6) Husigi Usagi Milk Tei - I'd like to think I kinda started the Yuuyu fad ^.^
    Hm... I *could* just say "lol this", and that would more or less be my honest thoughts, but...
    As expected, this was a pretty happy and energetic song. If I were to make a point on the file... well. As opposed to the last couple rounds, this chart didn't feel like an endless slaughter of difficulty, which is a nice turn of events. It just... had a few short sections that I found ridiculously hard haha. I really can't do the [14] jumpjack stuff ;~; Still, everything else was enjoyable, so props to jx!
    PS - At this point, I'm not even sure if the D6 songs are getting harder by the round, rofl. They're all insane to me :>
    PPS - 3 clean cutoff already? You insane lunatics... :>
    Last edited by kjwkjw; 12-30-2011, 09:32 AM.


    Goodbye and good riddance, military service (February 23, 2015 ~ February 22, 2017)
    Project Sekai 535

    Comment

    • MikeShinoda12345
      *\(^o^)/*
      • Oct 2008
      • 1890

      #62
      Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 7

      I'm finding the scores on Pandora really surprising. Why is no one bothering to get a decent score on it ==
      and for that matter, how the hell can you people combo husigi's 14 jacks

      Comment

      Working...