FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 7

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TC_Halogen
    Rhythm game specialist.
    FFR Simfile Author
    FFR Music Producer
    • Feb 2008
    • 19376

    #16
    Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 7

    Everything is indeed audible, though.

    Comment

    • yo man im awesome
      soleil ardent
      FFR Simfile Author
      • May 2007
      • 6514

      #17
      Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 7

      Originally posted by TC_Halogen
      Everything is indeed audible, though.
      gg, Maxghost

      Originally posted by choof
      you double dad loving dipshit
      Originally posted by t-rogdor
      dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
      Originally posted by smartdude1212
      I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.

      Comment

      • MaxGhost
        FFR Veteran
        • Feb 2008
        • 2141

        #18
        Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 7

        Are you using $10,000 speakers? Majority of players aren't using high quality speakers for this game. It doesn't make sense to step things that are so unnoticeable in the song.

        115 arrows in until like, 300 or so, I can't see how any of those 16ths are stepped at all, I hear nothing for it to be stepped to. I just hear the main beat and that's about it. My volume is just about as high I can put it, nothing is audible to me there.
        Last edited by MaxGhost; 12-28-2011, 12:13 AM.

        Comment

        • yo man im awesome
          soleil ardent
          FFR Simfile Author
          • May 2007
          • 6514

          #19
          Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 7

          Originally posted by MaxGhost
          Are you using $10,000 speakers? Majority of players aren't using high quality speakers for this game. It doesn't make sense to step things that are so unnoticeable in the song.
          Nope, $10 Headphones.

          Originally posted by choof
          you double dad loving dipshit
          Originally posted by t-rogdor
          dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
          Originally posted by smartdude1212
          I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.

          Comment

          • TC_Halogen
            Rhythm game specialist.
            FFR Simfile Author
            FFR Music Producer
            • Feb 2008
            • 19376

            #20
            Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 7

            It's not like I'm using some sort of $500 pair of headphones, I have my headphones ($40 pair of JVC HA-S360) plugged into an older Lenovo 3000 C200 computer, which doesn't have the best of sound cards as you can imagine.

            But it's still enough to hear that Tsugihagi is pretty much following a fairly standard pattern of jumps for bass drum, 8th/16ths for hi-hats, and occasional 32nd bursts for snare overtoning. o_o

            Comment

            • MaxGhost
              FFR Veteran
              • Feb 2008
              • 2141

              #21
              Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 7

              W/e, just seems extremely overstepped to me.

              Comment

              • bmah
                shots FIRED
                Profile Moderator
                FFR Simfile Author
                Global Moderator
                • Oct 2003
                • 8448

                #22
                Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 7

                MaxGhost, what you're not hearing are the drum loops. That's all.

                Comment

                • 00Razor00
                  FFR Player
                  • Jul 2006
                  • 3530

                  #23
                  Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 7

                  Earthquake On The Southern Texas Canyon - Solid file. Enjoyable for the most part.

                  Disco Balls - This flowed very nicely. Found myself playing this one a couple of times. Props Brent.

                  Determination - Very fun... Loved the song, and the chart was nice as well. Another good one from Chris. xd

                  Tsugihagi Construction - lolhappy, loljumpjacks, loldecentfile, nothing FGO worthy though.

                  Pandora - Wasn't expecting that rush of notes during the middle........ Found it a bit tough to PA to my liking, but I guess it's all good.

                  Husigi Usagi Milk Tei - Highly overstepped. It was fun for the most part. Nice color theory during the long roll; 'twas amusing. Plays similar to M8BT.


                  Originally posted by t-rogdor
                  hey buddy are you looking for a good song to step because if so i really recommend you step In Front Of A Bus

                  Comment

                  • yo man im awesome
                    soleil ardent
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • May 2007
                    • 6514

                    #24
                    Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 7

                    Originally posted by MaxGhost
                    W/e, just seems extremely overstepped to me.
                    Alrighty then, let's just leave it at that.

                    /New Topic

                    Holy shit Pandora is amazinggggg

                    Originally posted by choof
                    you double dad loving dipshit
                    Originally posted by t-rogdor
                    dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
                    Originally posted by smartdude1212
                    I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.

                    Comment

                    • TC_Halogen
                      Rhythm game specialist.
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      FFR Music Producer
                      • Feb 2008
                      • 19376

                      #25
                      Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 7

                      Well, a feeling of a chart being overstepped is totally different than it being bad. I mean, take a look at Husigi Usagi Milk Tei and Pandora, which use some brutally fast runs/bursts that are barely audible. They are in fact there, and they are the means of difficulty for songs like this.

                      EDIT: three post ninja, my bad. I won't push the topic anymore.

                      and yes, Pandora is badass, haha - I'm excited to see how D5 does on it

                      Comment

                      • MaxGhost
                        FFR Veteran
                        • Feb 2008
                        • 2141

                        #26
                        Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 7

                        I understand the stepping in Husigi a lot more though. Btw, should that be a 13 maybe? Almost seems like it to me. But razor might be right with it being comparable to M8BT.

                        I enjoyed Pandora, but I'd really like a light version or something that would be around a 6 or 7, dumbing down the intense part to a more playable, less mashy level.

                        Comment

                        • bmah
                          shots FIRED
                          Profile Moderator
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          Global Moderator
                          • Oct 2003
                          • 8448

                          #27
                          Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 7

                          I still can't compare that song to Death Piano...can't even come close. I think it's a really really high 12 IMO.

                          Comment

                          • yo man im awesome
                            soleil ardent
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • May 2007
                            • 6514

                            #28
                            Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 7

                            Originally posted by TC_Halogen
                            and yes, Pandora is badass, haha - I'm excited to see how D5 does on it
                            That feeling it gives you from the low bass around 80 combos...

                            /gasm

                            EDIT: and bmah, I still can't compare NEED me to Novo Mundo.

                            Originally posted by choof
                            you double dad loving dipshit
                            Originally posted by t-rogdor
                            dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
                            Originally posted by smartdude1212
                            I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.

                            Comment

                            • dragonmegaXX
                              ITG playing fur
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Jul 2008
                              • 3661

                              #29
                              Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 7

                              Originally posted by yo man im awesome
                              That feeling it gives you from the low bass around 80 combos...

                              /gasm

                              EDIT: and bmah, I still can't compare NEED me to Novo Mundo.
                              They both have lots of notes

                              Comment

                              • bmah
                                shots FIRED
                                Profile Moderator
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                Global Moderator
                                • Oct 2003
                                • 8448

                                #30
                                Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 7

                                lmao

                                Fair enough. That should bring the question again of whether or not to make a 1-15 difficulty system.

                                Comment

                                Working...