What step artists do you want to see more stepfiles from?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • blindreper1179
    Vice President Of TGB
    • Jun 2006
    • 5902

    #46
    Re: What step artists do you want to see more stepfiles from?

    i would like to see more reach, exa, cyanite(not like PGO), kit-, dore, moogy, tank101 and me if i ever get a file in the game.
    Originally posted by thesunfan
    absolutely I want to vomit on your face irl
    Originally posted by choof
    It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
    Originally posted by choof
    whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
    Originally posted by Celirra
    I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now

    Comment

    • SulferDragon
      this is a waste of space
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Jan 2007
      • 2668

      #47
      Re: What step artists do you want to see more stepfiles from?

      Hey, another typical case of "My thread explodes when I'm out with my friends."


      Originally posted by smartdude1212
      Sulfer, I only wanna see more of your stuff if it gets harder. Mute City was pretty fun though.
      Er... Well, I have lots of 8's, and a couple 9's and 10's going in the game, but I never choose songs that can make hard steps... that, or I'm just scared to make hard files for FFR, because I think they'll call them "overstepped." Maybe I just really suck at making good, fun, hard files for FFR, because it limits me in what I can do with the steps... or I just suck in general

      Blah blah, to lazy to thoroughly read over every single post in this thread, and I don't really have much to argue about with stargroup, because I agree with quite a bit of what he says, but not all.

      Originally posted by blindreper1179
      i would like to see more reach, exa, cyanite(not like PGO), kit-, dore, moogy...
      Because all FFR needs is another Pants, right?

      And how could I forget Kit? Yeah, more files by her would rock.

      etc.


      Comment

      • Vote4Nixon
        Simdeist
        • Aug 2006
        • 230

        #48
        Re: What step artists do you want to see more stepfiles from?

        Originally posted by eastsideman09
        my files need to hurry up and get in the game so i can be talked about too :P
        same here ...I actually have some decent stuff in the queue (at least I hope), not like the **** I have in the game.

        Oh, and Secrets and Lies gets three thumbs up.
        Last edited by Vote4Nixon; 09-13-2007, 04:27 AM.
        Originally posted by championanwar
        Footbull, you just got PANDAPOP'D!
        It's Super effective!


        FFR Widget Songs
        Wiggers are for wiggers...

        Comment

        • Coolboyrulez0
          VICES
          FFR Simfile Author
          FFR Music Producer
          • Aug 2006
          • 10042

          #49
          Re: What step artists do you want to see more stepfiles from?

          More Coolboyrulez0...

          CBR
          https://soundcloud.com/cbrbreakcore
          https://cbrrecords.bandcamp.com/

          Comment

          • Wootsicle
            Nothing can stop me now..
            • Oct 2005
            • 722

            #50
            Re: What step artists do you want to see more stepfiles from?

            Jimerax.

            All of his files are ridiculously fun. =O

            Comment

            • eastsideman09
              poker face
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Dec 2006
              • 1746

              #51
              Re: What step artists do you want to see more stepfiles from?

              Originally posted by Vote4Nixon
              same here ...I actually have some decent stuff in the queue (at least I hope), not like the **** I have in the game.
              i know exactly what you mean..... with my 3 in the queue and the machina supremacy ive sent in, im just so anxious for them to come out!



              Originally posted by stargroup100

              eastsideman, don't even start with me. All of your sims that I've played are dumps.
              what have you played?more early stuff isnt anywhere near as good as my more recent stuff..... what i have in the queue/have sent in is waaaay better than whats in the game for me.....

              and have you played anything from me in the DB? my later files are much better.... tell me what youve played, if anything...

              Originally posted by stargroup100
              If a file has an awesome pattern already, what harm is it in playing once more?
              the pattern WAS good, but it was overdone..... that percussion part was done at LEAST 4 times... if it were me, i wouldve changed up the steps

              Originally posted by stargroup100
              Techno music is repetitive, but you still listen to it. Steps are repetitive and you make a deal out of it.
              techno IS repetetive, but ya dont have to step the same sounds everytime they occur.... and if you do, you probably shouldnt step them in the EXACT same pattern..... in some cases, it can be ok, but not long and drawn out like it was in secrets and lies

              Originally posted by stargroup100
              Oh yeah, if every file in the world were generic streams and jumps life would be perfect huh?
              if a stream goes with the song, then why wouldnt you put in a stream?

              Originally posted by stargroup100
              amateur sim authors get all the praise.
              maybe they deserve the praise.... maybe theyre up and coming simartists and will turn out to be some of the best.... even the best were amatuers at one point.... and they dont need the spotlight on them ALL the time.....
              Originally posted by dAnceguy117
              esm, you are a fucking legend
              Originally posted by Arntonach
              wow ur pretty
              Originally posted by MrGiggles
              caring should be a get-outable offense

              Comment

              • stargroup100
                behanjc & me are <3'ers
                FFR Simfile Author
                FFR Music Producer
                • Jul 2006
                • 2051

                #52
                Re: What step artists do you want to see more stepfiles from?

                Originally posted by eastsideman09
                what have you played?more early stuff isnt anywhere near as good as my more recent stuff..... what i have in the queue/have sent in is waaaay better than whats in the game for me.....
                I've played your Ageha and your Secret Zombie Room as well as a few others I can't remember at the moment. I particularly remember Secret Zombie Room having incorrect rhythms are strange 24th rolls. Ageha was just a generic piece of dump with strange jump placement.

                Originally posted by eastsideman09
                the pattern WAS good, but it was overdone..... that percussion part was done at LEAST 4 times... if it were me, i wouldve changed up the steps
                Um, yeah, wow, 4 times zomg I'm bored like crazy. There is no other way to step that part but still maintain consistency (at least, very few if any). Because of the layering technique and the percussion, the steps are kinda fixed. Anything else would ruin it.

                Originally posted by eastsideman09
                techno IS repetetive, but ya dont have to step the same sounds everytime they occur.... and if you do, you probably shouldnt step them in the EXACT same pattern..... in some cases, it can be ok, but not long and drawn out like it was in secrets and lies
                It's called consistency. It makes your file feel like it's high-quality, polished, and professional. It's also a matter of style. Some people can accomplish all of this and still change the pattern every time, but this is very difficult. (Kilga)

                I can explain this further through PM if you'd like.

                Originally posted by eastsideman09
                if a stream goes with the song, then why wouldnt you put in a stream?
                Yes you would put it in, but I'm talking about the placement, not the rhythm. Read what I said again. Generic files are boring to play, because there's not much feel throughout the piece.

                Again, I can explain more in detail in a PM if you like.

                Originally posted by eastsideman09
                maybe they deserve the praise.... maybe theyre up and coming simartists and will turn out to be some of the best.... even the best were amatuers at one point.... and they dont need the spotlight on them ALL the time.....
                Yes, but if they will be good in the FUTURE, they would be recognized for the great files they make in the FUTURE. Suppose you are going to be the greatest stepfile author in a few months. If you made an offsync and incorrect dump today, I don't you would deserve praise. This argument is slightly flawed. If an amateur made a GOOD file, then many people won't consider him an amateur, right?

                Yes, even the best were amateurs at one point, but that doesn't quite support your argument.

                I have tons of analytical knowledge for making files. I'm certainly not the best, but I have enough info to know what I'm doing. If you want, we can discuss over PM and I'll show you some stuff?
                Rhythm Simulation Guide
                Comments, criticism, suggestions, contributions, etc. are all welcome.

                Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music

                Comment

                • Cyanite
                  SIT THE **** DOWN.
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Feb 2007
                  • 1174

                  #53
                  Re: What step artists do you want to see more stepfiles from?

                  If you're a subscriber, try playing my new Twilight Techno file. It's by far my best file in the game, though the syncing isn't that great. Seems a bit behind

                  I'd like to see more BDN and blueguerrila (or bluegorilla, don't remember), but outside of that I really don't care much. I haven't been too actively playing the game for a few months now.
                  Last edited by Cyanite; 09-13-2007, 05:36 PM.


                  Originally posted by KgZ
                  oh yeah girls love it when I stick my massive arm in their mouth

                  Comment

                  • CR_fLiP_fOaM
                    FFR Player
                    • Aug 2006
                    • 1479

                    #54
                    Re: What step artists do you want to see more stepfiles from?

                    I would say macgravel.. he's steps are awesome.
                    "This better not be Snowbound again"

                    Best AAA - Lawn Wake IV, Strangeprogram, Vertex Beta
                    FC all Guru's Except - Death Piano, Revo, CP and the rest I haven't play it.

                    Comment

                    • blindreper1179
                      Vice President Of TGB
                      • Jun 2006
                      • 5902

                      #55
                      Re: What step artists do you want to see more stepfiles from?

                      Originally posted by SulferDragon
                      Because all FFR needs is another Pants, right?

                      And how could I forget Kit? Yeah, more files by her would rock.

                      etc.
                      sure, why not. and not just that, but songs like deliruim, and etude.
                      Originally posted by thesunfan
                      absolutely I want to vomit on your face irl
                      Originally posted by choof
                      It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
                      Originally posted by choof
                      whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
                      Originally posted by Celirra
                      I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now

                      Comment

                      • The Bain
                        FFR Player
                        • Mar 2007
                        • 48

                        #56
                        Re: What step artists do you want to see more stepfiles from?

                        Originally posted by daringdaniel1111
                        I would love to see more Kit- files in the game. I love almost all of his stepfiles.
                        yep, kit- rulez. Lawn Wake IV = awesome. Btw, He is a She
                        Best AAA: Brooks was here [Heavy]
                        Best FC : Rottel-da-station

                        Comment

                        • Graymann
                          FFR Player
                          • Jul 2007
                          • 9

                          #57
                          Re: What step artists do you want to see more stepfiles from?

                          i want to see some more songs from either Omega or Jondi & Spesh. they were doin pretty good with Max 300 (smmm) but i dont think they did to good with insaner. definetly expecting better from them.

                          Comment

                          • PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR
                            Threat Emulation
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • May 2004
                            • 5184

                            #58
                            Re: What step artists do you want to see more stepfiles from?

                            macgravel
                            kit
                            zero
                            reach
                            rebirth
                            DS
                            Jimerax
                            hi19
                            shash


                            some people will probably "wtf?" some people on my list, but everyone on that list could make a good file if they tried to. Just putting the steps to music would be too easy for all of them.

                            Originally posted by Lightdarkness
                            I'm light f**king darkness

                            Comment

                            • magirocker
                              FFR Player
                              • Jan 2007
                              • 470

                              #59
                              Re: What step artists do you want to see more stepfiles from?

                              Originally posted by Cyanite
                              If you're a subscriber, try playing my new Twilight Techno file. It's by far my best file in the game, though the syncing isn't that great. Seems a bit behind.
                              it is now public
                              AAA's: 158 + Tokens
                              Best: Wisdom/The Prototype
                              Newest:GO!

                              Comment

                              • gabgabo
                                FFR Veteran
                                • Feb 2007
                                • 1811

                                #60
                                Re: What step artists do you want to see more stepfiles from?

                                More stuff by you, SulferDragon. Seriously, you make good simfiles.

                                Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!

                                Comment

                                Working...