petition: make RATO a stupid skill token for AAAing an 89 and make miku public
Collapse
X
-
Re: petition: make RATO a stupid skill token for AAAing an 89 and make miku public
I'm completely indifferent and as such have nothing to say for this thread and therefore I only did this to have my name appear on the forums.
+1
Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows
All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games
(Click the arrow to see the rest)
Originally posted by Vendetta21All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.Comment
-
Re: petition: make RATO a stupid skill token for AAAing an 89 and make miku public
Make RATO a purchasable song (10k+ creds).
Make Miku public.
Replace Miku with another equally awesome song.
If RATO became a ST, I'd just see it as another Party 4u song. Took a while to unlock but was not worth it.Last edited by sickufully; 02-6-2015, 04:36 PM.
Comment
-
Comment
-
-
Re: petition: make RATO a stupid skill token for AAAing an 89 and make miku public
Purchased is a genre that needs an overhaul as well. Making people pay credits they earned for this file is not the right way to go about it.
Because as I've said before about a different file: It's not worth the credit sink. Especially if it's 10K+ for a file no one really likes.
There is nothing that can be done with Rato other than leaving it in game but removing it from level ranks that will satisfy the most amount of people. Because then the chart truly doesn't matter and it can be played when you get the urge to play it.Last edited by XelNya; 02-6-2015, 06:33 PM.Comment
-
-
Re: petition: make RATO a stupid skill token for AAAing an 89 and make miku public
I assure you I feel that I have come up with a file that is awesome and feels like a cool reward for Super Scarhand and yet few people will actually want it to be public
Comment
-
Re: petition: make RATO a stupid skill token for AAAing an 89 and make miku public
I agree with you to a certain extent but why remove it from level ranks? Some of the top scores on it are quite impressive. If anything, put RATO into the Token Level Stats so it doesn't really count towards the Avg Rank.Purchased is a genre that needs an overhaul as well. Making people pay credits they earned for this file is not the right way to go about it.
Because as I've said before about a different file: It's not worth the credit sink. Especially if it's 10K+ for a file no one really likes.
There is nothing that can be done with Rato other than leaving it in game but removing it from level ranks that will satisfy the most amount of people. Because then the chart truly doesn't matter and it can be played when you get the urge to play it.
But if it was purchasable, it would stop newcomers and others from mashing and FC it (even though it's still quite difficult to do) and if it was set at a high price, then it would require a little bit of work to attain. Or just participate in a tourney and you're almost certain to gain enough creds for it. Also, as Rushy said, what else do you spend credits on?
Comment
-
Comment
-
Re: petition: make RATO a stupid skill token for AAAing an 89 and make miku public
That assumes it stays on the list. But if it's set to not record scores at all the way I envision it, then it wouldn't be able to stay on the list. Because the game would have no record of your score in the first place.
When I say "it doesn't record" I mean the site saves literally nothing.
1. Haven't you read that no one here really likes the file? Moving it to tokens doesn't solve the problem is just moves it somewhere else. It's like picking up dirty laundry from the floor and not washing it. You're solving the problem of it being on the floor but it's still fuckin' dirty.I agree with you to a certain extent but why remove it from level ranks? Some of the top scores on it are quite impressive. If anything, put RATO into the Token Level Stats so it doesn't really count towards the Avg Rank.
But if it was purchasable, it would stop newcomers and others from mashing and FC it (even though it's still quite difficult to do) and if it was set at a high price, then it would require a little bit of work to attain. Or just participate in a tourney and you're almost certain to gain enough creds for it. Also, as Rushy said, what else do you spend credits on?
2. Making it purchasable has a few problems:
1. It's not worth the credit sink.
2. It's not worth the credit sink.
3. It's not worth it.
Note: Paying any amount for that file is too much.
By removing any ability for it to record at all, it removes the problem as best possible. The only better solution is to take it out the game completely. Which won't happen.
I'm not saying making more files purchasable is a bad thing. But just they should be files worth paying credits you earned for. Rato and maybe two other files fit into the "absolutely not" pile for me. The rest are at least arguable. Hell I'd say kill secret genre and merge it into purchased and overhaul the prices to make sense based on their difficulty.Comment
-
Re: petition: make RATO a stupid skill token for AAAing an 89 and make miku public
Well that's all nice for you Middie but you have to remember, for a certain set of players, RATO is one of two files they can't SDG.
So they really only have two options for playing a harder file, so it would definitely be worth the credit sink to them.
Then there's people like me who occasionally enjoy RATO and DP for the same reason we enjoy dumps on SM. Even though they are terrible files and out of our normal difficulty range, they can be fun for warming up and practicing. So, definitely worth the credit sink to some people. I think they are worth keeping for that reason, but I would like to lump them with the legacy files to more clearly delineate them from the stuff that actually meets modern standards of being on-sync. Something that keeps the files that cater to the best players while making it less intrusive for everyone else is the idea, not to just remove it entirely. That's why I'm a fan of moving them to Legacy or framefixing/V2ing them to a modern standard.
tl;dr shockingly, the entire world doesn't revolve around only your opinion!Last edited by hi19hi19; 02-7-2015, 12:23 AM.Comment
-
Re: petition: make RATO a stupid skill token for AAAing an 89 and make miku public
I would like to lump them with the legacy files to more clearly delineate them from the stuff that actually meets modern standards of being on-sync. Something that keeps the files that cater to the best players while making it less intrusive for everyone else is the idea, not to just remove it entirely. That's why I'm a fan of moving them to Legacy or framefixing/V2ing them to a modern standard.
I had no idea!Comment


















Comment