petition: make RATO a stupid skill token for AAAing an 89 and make miku public

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • hi19hi19
    lol happy
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Oct 2005
    • 12194

    #61
    Re: petition: make RATO a stupid skill token for AAAing an 89 and make miku public

    Originally posted by DossarLX ODI
    The ending 32nd trill in Death Piano is actually offsync. It's slightly slower than 170 BPM 32nds.
    It's 170 bpm at the start slowing down unevenly to 160 bpm by the end.

    And that's not the only thing offsync:
    The middle slow part is COMPLETELY wrong rhythms.
    The flourishes in the middle are 32nds, not 48ths.
    All the 64th or 48th swing notes in the beginning are actually just 3/2 polyrhythms.

    Stargroup's file is a fucking disaster. I know this because Stargroup straight copied Shash's sync and most of his layering, and even back when Shash first made his Death Piano I laughed at how bad the steps were. Now that DDReam is a thing it's only even more obvious how wrong everything is.
    Originally posted by lurker
    keep RATO in because 1. the frames are as good as they can get if memory serves
    Memory is serving you very, very wrong.
    Originally posted by lurker
    2. having only AAAable files in public would make avrank completely meaningless (as opposed to mostly), and 3. it's fun watching people cry about it
    The implication is that we'll be adding other 96+ files that aren't technical abortions in the near future to make up for the changes.
    Last edited by hi19hi19; 02-6-2015, 12:43 PM.


    Comment

    • Guest15937
      One-handed elite
      • May 2008
      • 1464

      #62
      Re: petition: make RATO a stupid skill token for AAAing an 89 and make miku public

      Originally posted by hi19hi19
      The implication is that we'll be adding other 96+ files that aren't technical abortions in the near future to make up for the changes.
      Are they in the queue already or something? Because judging by the 96+ that are in the game, there are precious few files of that difficulty that aren't total rofldumps. (Granted they all look like rofldumps to me because I'm noob D3)
      The renegade has betrayed me.

      Comment

      • _Zenith_
        Accuracy Player
        • Mar 2011
        • 4629

        #63
        Re: petition: make RATO a stupid skill token for AAAing an 89 and make miku public

        Originally posted by hi19hi19
        The implication is that we'll be adding other 96+ files that aren't technical abortions in the near future to make up for the changes.
        Pls I beg of you





        Comment

        • alster1
          What is this I don't even
          • Sep 2006
          • 948

          #64
          Re: petition: make RATO a stupid skill token for AAAing an 89 and make miku public

          I want miku to be public because that's the only way I'll ever get to play it again. RATO is seriously stupid and I'm sure the majority of the players on here agree.

          Comment

          • rushyrulz
            Digital Dancing!
            FFR Simfile Author
            FFR Music Producer
            • Feb 2006
            • 12985

            #65
            Re: petition: make RATO a stupid skill token for AAAing an 89 and make miku public

            what's more disrespectful than banishing a shitty file as an extremely hard to achieve skill token is banishing a phenomenal file as an extremely hard to achieve skill token. The fact that such an outrageous requirement exists in the first place is a disrespect to whatever file gets assigned to it since significantly less than 1% of the active userbase will get to experience it. Scarhand [Heavy] is even pushing it a bit since AAAing a 79+ is no easy feat in itself. I've played this game for over 8 years and only recently been able to muster the skill to unlock that token, what are we trying to accomplish here with these borderline ludicrous token requirements in the first place? Skill tokens are meant to be challenging, not practically unattainable.

            bitch more, rushy.
            Last edited by rushyrulz; 02-6-2015, 01:41 PM.


            Comment

            • hi19hi19
              lol happy
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Oct 2005
              • 12194

              #66
              Re: petition: make RATO a stupid skill token for AAAing an 89 and make miku public

              I disagree with that, rushy.
              I think it's fine if there are skill tokens that are only attainable by a few people, or even nobody at all currently. Even the best players need something to aim for.
              The attitude of "this token is too hard!" comes from a sense of being entitled to have them, and I don't think being able to experience all the files in FFR is nessecarily something that everyone should be able to get. There should always be a sense of mystery or a goal left to achieve- one or two files out of 2400 that are really, really, really hard to unlock seems like a healthy balance.

              But I do agree that the file should match the token requirements, and I think Miku doesn't. At the very least because the song and artist are well-known, which tends to make me be in favor of the file being public, then of course the quality of the steps being something that is very appropriate for being public (as opposed to say, Death Piano lol)
              Last edited by hi19hi19; 02-6-2015, 01:48 PM.


              Comment

              • gold stinger
                Signature Extraordinare~~
                Event Staff
                Game Manager
                FFR Simfile Author
                FFR Music Producer
                Global Moderator
                • Jan 2007
                • 6429

                #67
                Re: petition: make RATO a stupid skill token for AAAing an 89 and make miku public

                big words coming from the person who had his freedom dive locked behind bars
                Originally posted by YoshL
                butts.


                - Tosh 2014






                Comment

                • Guest15937
                  One-handed elite
                  • May 2008
                  • 1464

                  #68
                  Re: petition: make RATO a stupid skill token for AAAing an 89 and make miku public

                  Originally posted by gold stinger
                  big words coming from the person who had his freedom dive locked behind bars
                  along with a third of his other files

                  The only thing I'm thinking here is that if Miku is made public, there really is never going to be a true "replacement" that satisfies everyone. If it's RATO, the super-elite players will be like "this should unlock something good, not this piece of crap" and if it's a good file, we'll be right back into the situation we are now.

                  The only thing I can think of is to make it unlock a vROFL-esque file-not quite the difficulty of vROFL, but something so absurdly difficult that only D7 would really be able to play it well (but still make it a good file and not a rofldump).
                  The renegade has betrayed me.

                  Comment

                  • TheSaxRunner05
                    The Doctor
                    • Apr 2006
                    • 6144

                    #69
                    Re: petition: make RATO a stupid skill token for AAAing an 89 and make miku public

                    RATO wouldn't be as bad in the ranks if it wasn't for combo scoring

                    I personally think that should be the priority


                    Comment

                    • ilikexd
                      ​
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Apr 2006
                      • 3209

                      #70
                      Re: petition: make RATO a stupid skill token for AAAing an 89 and make miku public

                      semi-unrelated: Hatsune Miku no Shoushitsu -Gekijouban- should be renamed The Disappearance of Hatsune Miku -Theatrical Version- imo. It's the more well-known title of the song as far as I know, and the translation is totally comprehensible unlike other things which aren't as pretty translated and better kept as transliterated e.g. Shitsubou Choco being "Disappointment Chocolate".
                      Last edited by ilikexd; 02-6-2015, 03:04 PM.

                      Comment

                      • hi19hi19
                        lol happy
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Oct 2005
                        • 12194

                        #71
                        Re: petition: make RATO a stupid skill token for AAAing an 89 and make miku public

                        Originally posted by gold stinger
                        big words coming from the person who had his freedom dive locked behind bars
                        Well, that's different. FREEDOM DiVE fits my description of a file that should be public, because of popularity of the song and the way it's stepped.

                        I feel bad for Nathan for this reason. Miku shouldn't be a token, but at the same time I think there are files that should be tokens.
                        I'd be really disappointed, for example, if CirnoRHTL was made public. I wanted that to be a token, it definitely should be one, and I'm glad it is. It's a matter of making the right decision for each file based on what's best for the game and the community.
                        Last edited by hi19hi19; 02-6-2015, 03:05 PM.


                        Comment

                        • tosh
                          O Derby, Where Art Thou?
                          • Jul 2003
                          • 1018

                          #72
                          Re: petition: make RATO a stupid skill token for AAAing an 89 and make miku public

                          Comment

                          • XelNya
                            [Kaho]
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Sep 2012
                            • 3369

                            #73
                            Re: petition: make RATO a stupid skill token for AAAing an 89 and make miku public

                            Originally posted by hi19hi19
                            Well, that's different. FREEDOM DiVE fits my description of a file that should be public, because of popularity of the song and the way it's stepped.
                            Despite my personal dislike of the Miku file, this is probably the best reason it should be public. It seems like it's been liked too much to lock behind the D7 bars. Maybe moving Rato to it's place is not the best course of action, but it seems like most people want Miku public and I guess that's probably what should be done with it. I'd probably hold a public vote on what file should replace it. I think letting the community choose would be best.

                            My vote would be The Bridgeport Run. It seems a lot of people like the file and with it already being a token, adding another unlock requirement for this file would be great. (This is another one of those files that should probably be a lot more obtainable though for the same reasoning but it's better than it being a complete mystery.)

                            Comment

                            • SK8R43
                              D7 Elite Keymasher
                              • Jan 2008
                              • 4684

                              #74
                              Re: petition: make RATO a stupid skill token for AAAing an 89 and make miku public

                              I voted yes.
                              I hate playing RATO, its never fun for me. As mentioned below maybe switching rato with miku isnt the best solution but i still think it should be public.
                              I played MIKU a bunch of times, and even though that one section is impossible unless you are D7 the file as a whole was still fun
                              Last edited by SK8R43; 02-6-2015, 04:09 PM.
                              Thee Burstinator
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              • Poison-
                                Nope
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Nov 2010
                                • 3772

                                #75
                                Re: petition: make RATO a stupid skill token for AAAing an 89 and make miku public

                                Originally posted by SK8R43
                                I hate playing RATO
                                Then don't play it. Ignoring it will have the same effect as if it was moved to tokens.

                                Comment

                                Working...