Official Tournament Round 6 Song Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • smartdude1212
    2 is poo
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Sep 2005
    • 6687

    #46
    Re: Official Tournament Round 6 Song Discussion

    I love DarkZtar's pattern choices... I could play Kirlian Shores endlessly just because of how awesome it sounds with this keyboard.

    Comment

    • DarkZtar
      (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Dec 2007
      • 668

      #47
      Re: Official Tournament Round 6 Song Discussion

      Originally posted by DossarLX ODI
      There were plenty of alternatives to make the patterns play better...
      Perhaps, but I've always approached making files with the intent on best representing the given song (within reason of course) and not necessarily tailoring the file to play smoothly. ~=P

      Comment

      • TC_Halogen
        Rhythm game specialist.
        FFR Simfile Author
        FFR Music Producer
        • Feb 2008
        • 19376

        #48
        Re: Official Tournament Round 6 Song Discussion

        Originally posted by DarkZtar
        Perhaps, but I've always approached making files with the intent on best representing the given song (within reason of course) and not necessarily tailoring the file to play smoothly. ~=P
        Good man.

        Comment

        • dragonmegaXX
          ITG playing fur
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Jul 2008
          • 3661

          #49
          Re: Official Tournament Round 6 Song Discussion

          I cant enjoy ordeal just because of how much better I think the itg chart goes with the music ;-;

          Comment

          • psychoangel691
            Retired Staff
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Dec 2004
            • 10438

            #50
            Re: Official Tournament Round 6 Song Discussion

            Adding Ultrasounds and Overdrive [aaronmusslewhite] for the 9 - 16 eliminated challenge. Feel free to discuss those here as well. (I'd love input on the rating for Overdrive, all of us were kinda back and forth with the rating)
            Last edited by psychoangel691; 03-3-2013, 10:43 PM.
            Originally posted by Charu
            My dick is good, thank you very much. It gets love and attention no matter what <3 <3 <3
            Originally posted by DaBackpack
            also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
            Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
            Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

            Originally posted by hi19hi19
            yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl

            Comment

            • hi19hi19
              lol happy
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Oct 2005
              • 12194

              #51
              Re: Official Tournament Round 6 Song Discussion

              Ultrasounds! is AMAZING.

              Kommi delievers on his promise to me to get a good 300 bpm stream file into FFR. Not even sure he remembers saying that he would but I do and damn, this file delivers.
              In my opinion FFR version is even better than on SM because that one stupid mine/hold part is taken out and the lack of chord cohesion has no effect on the hard part of the file anyway.


              Comment

              • Xx{Midnight}xX
                FFR Player
                • Aug 2007
                • 8548

                #52
                Re: Official Tournament Round 6 Song Discussion

                Originally posted by DarkZtar
                Perhaps, but I've always approached making files with the intent on best representing the given song (within reason of course) and not necessarily tailoring the file to play smoothly. ~=P
                I try for emulating the song, but if it doesn't flow for me my lord do I delete that given spot and rechart it sometimes upwards of 5 - 7 times or more

                Unless of course it is like Emily and I am purposely being a dick with patterns. Then yeah, aids city. Being such a picky flow person, I'm apparently really good at making some of the most unplayable shit I've ever laid eyes on.

                Also Ultrasounds I instantly stopped watching the play through bot when that 24th stream kicked in. I did however, start laughing a bit.

                Comment

                • TC_Halogen
                  Rhythm game specialist.
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  FFR Music Producer
                  • Feb 2008
                  • 19376

                  #53
                  Re: Official Tournament Round 6 Song Discussion

                  Patterns in the Ultrasounds stream are really harsh. Lots of 12th note mini-jacks in the stream certainly make it uncomfortable to play. Still nice to have something with 300 BPM streams that aren't particularly hard/automatic to read.

                  Comment

                  • Xx{Midnight}xX
                    FFR Player
                    • Aug 2007
                    • 8548

                    #54
                    Re: Official Tournament Round 6 Song Discussion

                    Your idea of hard is more like a normal person's idea of absurd :/

                    And I mean that in a polite way x.x'

                    Comment

                    • igotrhythm
                      Fractals!
                      • Sep 2004
                      • 6535

                      #55
                      Re: Official Tournament Round 6 Song Discussion

                      AT streams?

                      AUGH.

                      Also what Middie said. x.x'
                      Originally posted by thesunfan
                      I literally spent 10 minutes in the library looking for the TWG forum on Smogon and couldn't find it what the fuck is this witchcraft IGR

                      Comment

                      • bmah
                        shots FIRED
                        Profile Moderator
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        Global Moderator
                        • Oct 2003
                        • 8448

                        #56
                        Re: Official Tournament Round 6 Song Discussion

                        Late, but I'll always post my thoughts for each round.


                        Disc Jockey MIKE:
                        This song is about drunk kittens and barking dogs. At least, that seems to be the sound samples that MIKE loves to use here. If you enjoyed "beer(party)tune" you'll probably like this. The file's a mixed bag of swing rhythms and 16ths with other random stuff. Would certainly challenge the D1 players.

                        Walking on a Dream:
                        For whatever reason, I think that the animated film "Up" is appropriate for this song. I like the white arrow accenting on the vocal clips later on in the song. Unfortunately, this song doesn't have much to offer in terms of rhythms, so the file is nearly all 24th swings. It's rather boring for me to play, but the song is nice and airy.

                        ETERNAL DRAIN [Heavy]:
                        This is my streamy file. It'll have a slightly less difficult version in the future (probably between 45-52 in difficulty). The song is reminiscent of TËЯRA's works, vocal-wise and music-wise. Despite its density, the chart doesn't actually turn out as hard as it appears. As you may be aware, there's a group of surprise jacks at the end of the song. Deal with it.

                        DownTemperature:
                        This is a really weird one. The music reminds me of the horrors of my attempts on fixing numerous viruses, bugs, and blue screens of death on multiple laptops recently; i.e. glitchy and fucked up. As such, the music naturally lends itself to an equally strange chart that I actually find quite interesting to play. Reminds me of Miss Candy on TV, but sounds a bit better than that. Pretty sure this chart can drive some people crazy...

                        44 Edit:
                        I remember FissionMailed asked me numerous times to look over his chart via Youtube clips. I've made many suggestions since then, and this is the result. Some people might think it's underlayered, but I think it plays pretty well. It's still a high-energy, high-tension file, but for a Terminal11 song flows very nicely. Once again, well done Fission.

                        The Ordeal Becomes Great:
                        I'll say this bluntly: this file rubs off zero, absolutely zero, magic on me. Playing without a care makes for a semi-enjoyable endeavor, but other than that, the file's a twisted mess. For those of you who love this file, I'll hold you liable for future files that you might criticize as "awkward" and "too technical". However, I have to commend Darkztar for spending what I could only imagine was a ton of time syncing this long song which seems to have an endless amount of guitar solos. I won't let that go unacknowledged.

                        --------------

                        And the extra songs!


                        Fractured Sunshine:
                        I played this on Stepmania, and I'm glad that AJ changed numerous sections in the file that were originally a maze of jumpjacks a la Piano Gymnastics. The song is probably one of the strangest things I've heard lately...it's happy yet all broken up. That almost gives an ironically sadistic vibe. The chart's no less sadistic either.

                        Move It Groove It [Heavy]:
                        AJ's version of this song is done very well. I don't think it gave the tiebreaker players too much of a challenge though. Not much else to say; it's a great chart IMO. The music should belong to ITG.

                        Overdrive [aaronmusslewhite]:
                        I playtested this file on the ThirdStyle website, where it had many interesting x-mod gimmicks. The lack of gimmicks doesn't take away the fun from this unique file. It's pretty varied, and quite tricky at places. Not a fan of the 3232[134] 32nd trill though. It borks you up if you don't watch out! Neat chart.

                        Ultrasounds!:
                        Just like the Stepmania version as expected. And very fast 24th runs are just as unforgiving as expected. I actually think the 24ths flow pretty well in general, and that's saying something considering their speed. They sort of remind me of Rave7's 24th streams, but more predictable and pitch-relevant. Transitioning from 16th streams to the 24th streams though is not that easy. The file plays really well. Maybe Kommisar should let his buddy Hertzdevil know that his first song is now on FFR!

                        Comment

                        • FissionMailed1
                          FFR Player
                          • Feb 2012
                          • 1267

                          #57
                          Re: Official Tournament Round 6 Song Discussion

                          Originally posted by bmah
                          44 Edit:
                          I remember FissionMailed asked me numerous times to look over his chart via Youtube clips.
                          Guilty . Special thanks to bmah though, was having trouble pinpointing really rigid areas at the time until he pointed out a few examples. Was able to cleanse the chart of most of them after that point.


                          YOUR THROBBING MULTIFARIOUS LUSTFUL DESIRES ARE COMPLETED N YOUR HYPER-ORANGE SELF, YOU MAKE ME LOVE AGAIN, YOU'VE CHANGED MY HEART, MY MELANCHOLIA DISAPPEARS WHEN YOU ARE INSIDE OF ME, MY HUMAN RAGE IS TEMPERED WHEN I AM INSIDE YOU, THE SECRET IS COMMUNICATION, LONGEVITY, STAMINA, REPETITION, FURY, SOULFUL KISSING, EARPLUGS. YOU FUCKING CORPORATE COCKS AND CUNTS.

                          MY ANXIETY COMPLETE, MY DESIRE REPLETE, THE TASTE OF ORANGE BLOOD AND CUM AND GREENBACKS RUNNING DOWN MY FACE. THE STREETS WILL RUN ORANGE WITH YOUR MIXTURE OF CHEETOS AND HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLS REGURGITATED AND EATEN AND SHIT OUT AGAIN AND EATEN AGAIN.

                          YOU ARE MY SCULPTURE, MY SCULPTRA, MY SELF-DEFINITION. MY DEFINITION OF HUMANITY, MY HARMONY. MY HEART AND MY MIND.

                          YOU ARE SO ORANGE. SO CRUNCHY. SO CONSUMABLE.

                          THE NEW ORANGE UNDERGROUND IS THE ORANGE UP MY ASS. AND YOUR ASS.

                          I LOVE YOU CHEETOS.

                          Comment

                          • hi19hi19
                            lol happy
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Oct 2005
                            • 12194

                            #58
                            Re: Official Tournament Round 6 Song Discussion

                            Originally posted by bmah
                            The Ordeal Becomes Great:
                            I'll say this bluntly: this file rubs off zero, absolutely zero, magic on me. Playing without a care makes for a semi-enjoyable endeavor, but other than that, the file's a twisted mess. For those of you who love this file, I'll hold you liable for future files that you might criticize as "awkward" and "too technical". However, I have to commend Darkztar for spending what I could only imagine was a ton of time syncing this long song which seems to have an endless amount of guitar solos. I won't let that go unacknowledged.
                            The difference is, this file is absurdly technical the whole way through. The file clearly has one personality. If you don't want it, you can avoid it.
                            As opposed to a file that is 90% flowing patterns and 10% bullshit stuff, and you get the worst of both worlds (not fun to play casually or for scoring)


                            Comment

                            • Plan_Bsk81127
                              snooches
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Aug 2007
                              • 6420

                              #59
                              Re: Official Tournament Round 6 Song Discussion

                              Didnt like any of the files this round, mainly because I feel song choices were bleh. Just going to leave it at so I dont rant out nonsense. lol

                              Have yet to play the two new one released today, but the kommi chart looks ugly, that stream looks like the Rain stream on crack. Overdrive is prob the most decent song of the round, curious how this plays out without the xmods.

                              Comment

                              • SKG_Scintill
                                Spun a twirly fruitcake,
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Feb 2009
                                • 3877

                                #60
                                Re: Official Tournament Round 6 Song Discussion

                                Originally posted by hi19hi19
                                As opposed to a file that is 90% flowing patterns and 10% bullshit stuff, and you get the worst of both worlds (not fun to play casually or for scoring)
                                *cough* Twister





                                Originally posted by bluguerilla
                                So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
                                ___
                                . RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
                                . ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
                                .

                                Comment

                                Working...