Official Tournament Round 6 Song Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • U.N. Owen
    FFR Player
    • Mar 2008
    • 640

    #16
    Re: Official Tournament Round 6 Song Discussion

    44 Edit is ridiculously fun. <3

    Sig courtesy of kjwkjw

    "If I was any more crack, I'd be cocaine." - PriestREA

    Comment

    • psychoangel691
      Retired Staff
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Dec 2004
      • 10438

      #17
      Re: Official Tournament Round 6 Song Discussion

      Apparently Saphira really loves Disc Jockey MIKE she was dancing around like crazy lol
      Originally posted by Charu
      My dick is good, thank you very much. It gets love and attention no matter what <3 <3 <3
      Originally posted by DaBackpack
      also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
      Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
      Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

      Originally posted by hi19hi19
      yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl

      Comment

      • TC_Halogen
        Rhythm game specialist.
        FFR Simfile Author
        FFR Music Producer
        • Feb 2008
        • 19376

        #18
        Re: Official Tournament Round 6 Song Discussion

        Man, I was concerned with Ordeal not being enough to contain D6 -- I was dead wrong. There are so many spots to blow a good run, lmfao.

        Sorry for doubting you, Rob

        Comment

        • hi19hi19
          lol happy
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Oct 2005
          • 12194

          #19
          Re: Official Tournament Round 6 Song Discussion

          Just checked out Fractured Sunshine... reminds me of all the things I like about CCCP without that one burst (you know, THAT one)
          Can't wait to be able to play it sometime myself


          Comment

          • Mike Weedmark
            FFR Veteran
            • Aug 2009
            • 1196

            #20
            Re: Official Tournament Round 6 Song Discussion

            Why are patterns with ridiculous jumprolls that force you to drop random goods rated so low lately? A song I essentially don't have control of my score on should not be a 74. Well GLHF D4.

            Walking on a Dream is the best swing file since just why.

            Eternal Drain is a 65 with a 16th tetrajumpjack at the end, aka a file where the AAA hinges on a fraction of a second of FGO in an ocean of stupid-easy. It's a good song and mostly a decent chart but its main reason for existing is to aggravate. The natural decendent of Largilloquent Dithyramb and PCS, except at least THEIR dumbjacks were in the intro. Stop accepting files like this.

            MIKE was okay. Another swing file, not as fun or interesting as Walking, but at least people are learning you can make swing charts for other genres than Ska. (Because FUCK Ska, really.)

            44 Edit is the best file this week probably.

            The Ordeal Becomes Great is basically just To Make End of Battle [Oni]. It's a fun chart, but more SSH *yawn*

            Move It Groove It [Heavy] was extremely similar and just as easy to sightread as [Standard]. I don't know why there needs to be two charts for this, or how there could possibly be a 20 difficulty gap between them. It's the same file.
            Last edited by Mike Weedmark; 03-1-2013, 08:56 AM.

            Comment

            • bmah
              shots FIRED
              Profile Moderator
              FFR Simfile Author
              Global Moderator
              • Oct 2003
              • 8448

              #21
              Re: Official Tournament Round 6 Song Discussion

              I make every file (except Necropotence) with the intention of being fun but certainly not to cater to your bland preferences. Four consecutive [12] does not make even for a fraction of an FGO during that small instance. I guess you got to work for it a bit more. If this was someone else's file, I wouldn't reject it either. *shrugs*

              I have more consistent files coming up, and I also have others that shove everything down the ass within 15 seconds.

              And yes, there'll eventually be a slightly easier version of eternal drain later on. Maybe not soon, but eventually.

              Comment

              • Wayward Vagabond
                Confirmed Heartbreaker
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Jul 2012
                • 5866

                #22
                Re: Official Tournament Round 6 Song Discussion

                @mike weemark:

                Comment

                • Mike Weedmark
                  FFR Veteran
                  • Aug 2009
                  • 1196

                  #23
                  Re: Official Tournament Round 6 Song Discussion

                  Originally posted by bmah
                  I make every file (except Necropotence) with the intention of being fun but certainly not to cater to your bland preferences. Four consecutive [12] does not make even for a fraction of an FGO during that small instance. I guess you got to work for it a bit more. If this was someone else's file, I wouldn't reject it either. *shrugs*

                  I have more consistent files coming up, and I also have others that shove everything down the ass within 15 seconds.

                  And yes, there'll eventually be a slightly easier version of eternal drain later on. Maybe not soon, but eventually.
                  If my taste is bland for not liking that spike, then your file is bland for not being only spikes, and you should be working on a harder version, not an easier one

                  Similar patterns to the four [12] at that speed are the only reason a lot of FGOs even are FGOs. See: ER Bridge and Blue Rose, which I could just about AAA repetitively if not for the jumpjack sections.

                  Regardless, if you think I'm complaining about the difficulty, you should be informed that I only played Eternal Drain once and BF'ed it, and not even on that section. There is no "work for it a bit more." I can do it on a whim. That doesn't mean I'm not allowed look at a chart characterized by a half second of retry bait flanked by two minutes of jumpstream.sm and actually notice it can be improved. I don't know where the "bland" comments are jumping out from; I like most of your files a lot more than the rest of FFR does, and think this one is uncharacteristically bland for YOU. I didn't even know you made it and never would've guessed before you posted here

                  Comment

                  • Jonlovesddr
                    h
                    • Sep 2008
                    • 1631

                    #24
                    Re: Official Tournament Round 6 Song Discussion

                    okay i already hate eternal drain

                    Comment

                    • smartdude1212
                      2 is poo
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Sep 2005
                      • 6687

                      #25
                      Re: Official Tournament Round 6 Song Discussion

                      I feel like nobody can love bmah files more than I do.

                      Comment

                      • Jonlovesddr
                        h
                        • Sep 2008
                        • 1631

                        #26
                        Re: Official Tournament Round 6 Song Discussion

                        Originally posted by smartdude1212
                        I feel like nobody can love bmah files more than I do.
                        you feel right

                        Comment

                        • iironiic
                          D6 FFR Legacy Player
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Jan 2009
                          • 4342

                          #27
                          Re: Official Tournament Round 6 Song Discussion

                          Not happy with most of the files for this week. Most of this week's files scream framers and awkward/one-hand biased patterns to me.

                          Comment

                          • smartdude1212
                            2 is poo
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Sep 2005
                            • 6687

                            #28
                            Re: Official Tournament Round 6 Song Discussion

                            I feel right after dropping a healthy deuce too...

                            ... correlation?

                            Comment

                            • Mike Weedmark
                              FFR Veteran
                              • Aug 2009
                              • 1196

                              #29
                              Re: Official Tournament Round 6 Song Discussion

                              Originally posted by smartdude1212
                              I feel right after dropping a healthy deuce too...

                              ... correlation?
                              Requesting "things that make you feel right" thread.

                              Comment

                              • Jonlovesddr
                                h
                                • Sep 2008
                                • 1631

                                #30
                                Re: Official Tournament Round 6 Song Discussion

                                Originally posted by Mike Weedmark
                                Requesting "things that make you feel right" thread.
                                i'll make one after i get a half decent score on this damn song

                                Comment

                                Working...