Songs of the Week (November 10, 2012)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • kommisar
    Dark Chancellor
    FFR Simfile Author
    FFR Music Producer
    • Jun 2005
    • 7328

    #76
    Re: Songs of the Week (November 10, 2012)

    index as in fluent patterns that aren't aids to hit, even for spread (yes there is a difference between good index files and pad files). I didn't add any one handed trills in there and honestly, I think the patterns fit quite nicely. I'm not going to pretend the patterns are the pinnacle of modern pattern creation in simfiles, but I felt a more simplistic approach was necessary to accentuate the file as I saw fit. But I'm really sorry you had to AAA my file sightread I truly am.



    ps the file was converted from index if it's any consolation to you
    Last edited by kommisar; 11-11-2012, 05:50 PM.

    Comment

    • MarioNintendo
      Expect delays.
      FFR Simfile Author
      FFR Music Producer
      • Mar 2008
      • 4181

      #77
      Re: Songs of the Week (November 10, 2012)

      Can't Hide Your Love wasn't my type, but surely wasn't that bad, come on...
      Long live the arcade!

      Comment

      • qqwref
        stepmania archaeologist
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Aug 2005
        • 4092

        #78
        Re: Songs of the Week (November 10, 2012)

        Originally posted by kommisar
        But I'm really sorry you had to AAA my file sightread I truly am.
        yay errone is d6
        Best AAA: Policy In The Sky [Oni] (81)
        Best SDG: PANTS (86)
        Best FC: Future Invasion (93)

        Comment

        • igotrhythm
          Fractals!
          • Sep 2004
          • 6535

          #79
          Re: Songs of the Week (November 10, 2012)

          Ow. Ow. Ow.

          There is no way Can't Hide Your Love is a 68. This thing's ending is way denser than Destination of the Heart. I had a blackflag at 900 and finished with mid-20s. Reminded me more of Chaosmaid, actually.

          (most of the 1h trills are forced NWE-style)

          Someone with more insight than myself should go put up the thread--lasagna is calling me.
          Originally posted by thesunfan
          I literally spent 10 minutes in the library looking for the TWG forum on Smogon and couldn't find it what the fuck is this witchcraft IGR

          Comment

          • TC_Halogen
            Rhythm game specialist.
            FFR Simfile Author
            FFR Music Producer
            • Feb 2008
            • 19376

            #80
            Re: Songs of the Week (November 10, 2012)

            Originally posted by qqwref
            If you think "index" means "LOL TRILLZ EVERYWHERE" then I feel sad you've never played good index/pad files.

            ps: if you were wondering I started out on one-handed because, hey, not a pad player
            WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW I can't -believe- you just said this shit to Kommisar.

            You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about and I really advise you to stop overstepping your bounds.

            Comment

            • XxMidigamixX
              FFR Player
              • Nov 2010
              • 2040

              #81
              Re: Songs of the Week (November 10, 2012)

              "Hi, my name is Michael, or as people call me qqwref, and I've never played index before so I find kommisar's Can't Hide Your Love generic and boring and hey generally all pad players play index so not my problem (heidy)(sun)(heidy)(sun)(heidy)(sun)"

              on topic: Can't Hide Your Love is my favourite file this week, followed by Felix's pianer file :3
              Click to join!





              Comment

              • Wayward Vagabond
                Confirmed Heartbreaker
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Jul 2012
                • 5866

                #82
                Re: Songs of the Week (November 10, 2012)

                so whats going on here

                Comment

                • yo man im awesome
                  soleil ardent
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • May 2007
                  • 6514

                  #83
                  Re: Songs of the Week (November 10, 2012)

                  Originally posted by TC_Halogen
                  WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW I can't -believe- you just said this shit to Kommisar.

                  You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about and I really advise you to stop overstepping your bounds.
                  this this this

                  edit: that being said, I don't know shit either, but I know for a fact that Kommisar does

                  Originally posted by choof
                  you double dad loving dipshit
                  Originally posted by t-rogdor
                  dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
                  Originally posted by smartdude1212
                  I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.

                  Comment

                  • qqwref
                    stepmania archaeologist
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Aug 2005
                    • 4092

                    #84
                    Re: Songs of the Week (November 10, 2012)

                    lmao "overstepping"
                    Best AAA: Policy In The Sky [Oni] (81)
                    Best SDG: PANTS (86)
                    Best FC: Future Invasion (93)

                    Comment

                    • Xx{Midnight}xX
                      FFR Player
                      • Aug 2007
                      • 8548

                      #85
                      Re: Songs of the Week (November 10, 2012)

                      Originally posted by qqwref
                      lmao "overstepping"
                      My god, you turned into me what the shit?!

                      You aren't the chosen one cut it out!

                      Comment

                      • NoPrivacy
                        wut
                        • Aug 2012
                        • 290

                        #86
                        Re: Songs of the Week (November 10, 2012)

                        Who gives a fuck about any of this shit. I don't even understand.
                        Shit.

                        Comment

                        • XxMidigamixX
                          FFR Player
                          • Nov 2010
                          • 2040

                          #87
                          Re: Songs of the Week (November 10, 2012)

                          Originally posted by qqwref
                          lmao "overstepping"


                          Yes, I just did that. Now hush, you are overstepping your boundaries.
                          Last edited by XxMidigamixX; 11-11-2012, 07:20 PM.
                          Click to join!





                          Comment

                          • TC_Halogen
                            Rhythm game specialist.
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            FFR Music Producer
                            • Feb 2008
                            • 19376

                            #88
                            Re: Songs of the Week (November 10, 2012)

                            Originally posted by qqwref
                            lmao "overstepping"
                            imsofuni.jpg

                            seriously, I can guarantee that you know absolutely nothing about what makes a good pad/index file simply because you compared them together -- right there you completely invalidate any understanding/correlation between the two.

                            EDIT: figure I would address this too:
                            Originally posted by NoPrivacy
                            Who gives a fuck about any of this shit. I don't even understand.
                            As someone who's been a pad player for nearly 10 years, and as a person who has tried nearly every style of four key play possible, I got offended by qqwref saying that Kommi has never played any good pad/index files simply because Kommisar is someone that I have seen work at improving through the past six years. I helped him along the way, and he even said so himself. He carries WAY more of an understanding than qqwref ever will because he's played the game throughout the entire time he's been pad charting too.

                            qqwref is just making assumptions based off of what he thinks, and not off of what is known, and it pisses me off. Things like that are the reason why FFR has a terrible name when associated with pad stepping, and it's a damn shame. It really aggravates me because I take pad play/stepping very very seriously.

                            EDIT 2: also, just want to add this: I'm more than in line to determine whether or not qqwref has a right to say things - I've worked on numerous projects, including more "official" ones like ITG Rebirth/Rebirth 2, and if that's not enough, I actually have content in Pump it Up: Pro 2, which is an official series release. So yeah, I'm definitely offended when someone who has no right saying what they do to someone that I've helped along the way.
                            Last edited by TC_Halogen; 11-11-2012, 07:31 PM.

                            Comment

                            • Xx{Midnight}xX
                              FFR Player
                              • Aug 2007
                              • 8548

                              #89
                              Re: Songs of the Week (November 10, 2012)

                              Originally posted by TC_Halogen
                              imsofuni.jpg

                              seriously, I can guarantee that you know absolutely nothing about what makes a good pad/index file simply because you compared them together -- right there you completely invalidate any understanding/correlation between the two.
                              I guess you could say he

                              was overstepping



                              Comment

                              • kommisar
                                Dark Chancellor
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                FFR Music Producer
                                • Jun 2005
                                • 7328

                                #90
                                Re: Songs of the Week (November 10, 2012)

                                well like AJ said, I'm not grand master of pad files since I played much more than I stepped for pad, but come on I can tell a double step from a crossover.



                                but dare say I don't know index, that is an insult.

                                Comment

                                Working...