Songs of the Week (November 10, 2012)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • xXOpkillerXx
    ✘ Forever OP✘
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Dec 2008
    • 4207

    #46
    Re: Songs of the Week (November 10, 2012)

    I'm super tired, tried the most obvious thing and got it first try. I dont see how it is not accurate sorry.

    Comment

    • TC_Halogen
      Rhythm game specialist.
      FFR Simfile Author
      FFR Music Producer
      • Feb 2008
      • 19376

      #47
      Re: Songs of the Week (November 10, 2012)

      Originally posted by trumaestro
      It doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere, but I stepped this to cater to one-handed players. Some of the patterns are kind of weird as a result.
      DAMMIT


      ALMOST had it one-handed, hahahaha. Choked less than 20 notes away.

      EDIT: oh wait, my max combo was 6. WELP MISSED LESS THAN TEN NOTES AWAY LOL
      Last edited by TC_Halogen; 11-10-2012, 09:20 PM.

      Comment

      • bmah
        shots FIRED
        Profile Moderator
        FFR Simfile Author
        Global Moderator
        • Oct 2003
        • 8448

        #48
        Re: Songs of the Week (November 10, 2012)

        Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
        The hint really is just bad. It needs a more accurate one.
        lmfao no, it's supposed to be deliberately very vague

        Several other hints were made, but were too obvious.

        Comment

        • popsicle_3000
          Legendary Noob
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Sep 2005
          • 4642

          #49
          Re: Songs of the Week (November 10, 2012)

          you guys are clearly forgetting the clues of years gone by...

          shudder

          Originally posted by One Winged Angel
          39,000 popsicles pro bg blue note arrow slayer whoa damn..
          Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
          one way to stream them all
          Originally posted by Xiz
          Right after sex, it skillboosted me by +10 levels from like a 35-45 about. (Which then 15 min's later I got really tired and couldn't play anymore)

          But then my lady friend got pissed off I was playing FFR instead of playing her. Then for the rest of the night she played the 'Only want me for my body' card and I didn't get to sleep with blankets that night.
          Originally posted by thesunfan
          replacing ifitypedhisnameaslargeashisnamesuggests,iwouldgetbanned with theelongatedaustrocanadian3000 (pop).
          Originally posted by reuben_tate
          Title: Popsicle Three

          Thousand the farthest
          He's gone in an official
          Whoop hip hip hooray!
          Originally posted by U.N. Owen
          kjwkjw: "oh my god, Tosh. Post that in the thread."

          @popsicle_3000:
          Danger incoming
          The popsicles are melting
          Three thousand of them
          Originally posted by Wayward Vagabond
          you got to ease the topic into some conversation and let it go from there

          dynam0: man friend that was an intense sm session right?
          friend: haha yeah you really nailed those patterns
          dynam0: yeah man kind of like how gay dudes nail other gay dudes in the ass!
          friend: hey bro can i tell you something
          dynam0 yeah man whats up?
          friend: hypothetically speaking would you care if i was bisexual or maybe even gay?
          dynam0: bro we shower together after sm sessions all the time and i'll still shower with you even if you are gay or w/e thats your thing just dont try to ram my ass HAHAHA
          friend: thanks man
          dynam0: no problem man
          Originally posted by One Winged Angel
          pop takin' time out of playing irl Trauma Center to check in on his fiffer buds (mm)
          Originally posted by Xiz
          Well, Popsicle won every award this year so it was canceled.

          Comment

          • igotrhythm
            Fractals!
            • Sep 2004
            • 6535

            #50
            Re: Songs of the Week (November 10, 2012)

            Originally posted by bmah
            lmfao no, it's supposed to be deliberately very vague

            Several other hints were made, but were too obvious.
            Token 16 was supposed to be an easy hint and I didn't figure it out for months. I hate you guys. X_X
            Originally posted by thesunfan
            I literally spent 10 minutes in the library looking for the TWG forum on Smogon and couldn't find it what the fuck is this witchcraft IGR

            Comment

            • foxfire667
              The FFRchiver
              FFR Music Producer
              • Jun 2009
              • 2170

              #51
              Re: Songs of the Week (November 10, 2012)

              Originally posted by bmah
              lmfao no, it's supposed to be deliberately very vague
              It seems more misleading than vague honestly. The jump from what I originally thought was implied to the actual answer felt a bit odd.

              That coupled with this quote from the front page post:
              "Might I suggest somewhere that’s apply named in the spirit of the song itself?"

              Just adds to the throw off. Obviously I'm not going to explain why because of potentially revealing something about the token location, but if you already have the token, hopefully you can see where I'm coming from with this.
              SM pack archiver | 1.5 Billion Club | Etterna Online: [Register]

              Comment

              • FFR Pro 21
                FFR R1 Vaporeon
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Jul 2009
                • 1536

                #52
                Re: Songs of the Week (November 10, 2012)

                Ugh, can't find this token!





                Comment

                • Xx{Midnight}xX
                  FFR Player
                  • Aug 2007
                  • 8548

                  #53
                  Re: Songs of the Week (November 10, 2012)

                  Originally posted by bmah
                  lmfao no, it's supposed to be deliberately very vague

                  Several other hints were made, but were too obvious.
                  Let me put it this way, where I not given a specific hint in Skype I'd have never figured it out.

                  What I am saying is "Go East" doesn't inspire you to go anywhere other than Eastsideman's profile, or looked at all profiles from an eastern country (which to them might not even be the right direction.) I know it should be difficult to find, but at least give a hint that makes sense I don't really think that was asking too much.

                  But that's just my input.

                  Comment

                  • xXOpkillerXx
                    ✘ Forever OP✘
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 4207

                    #54
                    Re: Songs of the Week (November 10, 2012)

                    Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
                    Let me put it this way, where I not given a specific hint in Skype I'd have never figured it out.

                    What I am saying is "Go East" doesn't inspire you to go anywhere other than Eastsideman's profile, or looked at all profiles from an eastern country (which to them might not even be the right direction.) I know it should be difficult to find, but at least give a hint that makes sense I don't really think that was asking too much.

                    But that's just my input.
                    I kinda agree with the "go east" part, but "where I not given a specific hint in Skype I'd have never figured it out." come on now.... -.-

                    Comment

                    • Razor
                      Dan "Razor" Devilz
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • May 2004
                      • 1606

                      #55
                      Re: Songs of the Week (November 10, 2012)

                      Can't Hide Your Love, best file of the week. :]
                      Originally posted by FFR Forum Awards
                      Best FFR file from 2013:
                      3rd: Retro City
                      Originally posted by Choofers
                      I play Stepmania, so I know everything about media formats.

                      Comment

                      • Xx{Midnight}xX
                        FFR Player
                        • Aug 2007
                        • 8548

                        #56
                        Re: Songs of the Week (November 10, 2012)

                        Originally posted by xXOpkillerXx
                        I kinda agree with the "go east" part, but "where I not given a specific hint in Skype I'd have never figured it out." come on now.... -.-
                        I personally don't care much for trying to find tokens. Puzzles are not something I usually enjoy.

                        But they're a lot more fun when the hints make sense.

                        Comment

                        • bmah
                          shots FIRED
                          Profile Moderator
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          Global Moderator
                          • Oct 2003
                          • 8448

                          #57
                          Re: Songs of the Week (November 10, 2012)

                          Originally posted by foxfire667
                          It seems more misleading than vague honestly.
                          Eeeyup! That's also part of the charm. Gotta figure out what is not a red herring (actually, that is also a very minor clue, but you could also be misinterpreting it).

                          Originally posted by xXOpkillerXx
                          I kinda agree with the "go east" part, but "where I not given a specific hint in Skype I'd have never figured it out." come on now.... -.-
                          The specific hint in Skype? That hint's the one on the regular tokens page.

                          Comment

                          • Xx{Midnight}xX
                            FFR Player
                            • Aug 2007
                            • 8548

                            #58
                            Re: Songs of the Week (November 10, 2012)

                            Originally posted by bmah
                            Eeeyup! That's also part of the charm. Gotta figure out what is not a red herring (actually, that is also a very minor clue, but you could also be misinterpreting it).



                            The specific hint in Skype? That hint's the one on the regular tokens page.
                            Actually no it's not.

                            I can't post it due to some mindless rule but "The song title is Korean Madness. What? You want a hint? You already got a good one. Now go east and find it!" is surely not it.

                            I promise you that.

                            Comment

                            • smartdude1212
                              2 is poo
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Sep 2005
                              • 6687

                              #59
                              Re: Songs of the Week (November 10, 2012)

                              I'm somewhat surprised that people can't find this token. After reading plop's excellent post I found it within 15 seconds.

                              Comment

                              • ReikonKeiri
                                i wanna be ur pop star
                                • Jun 2006
                                • 2388

                                #60
                                Re: Songs of the Week (November 10, 2012)

                                Exotic Matter is a steaming dump. gonna have to mash to FC it. The 68 feels like a 70 at least to me and Vortex should be renamed Undiscovered Colors v2 + aids. Rough week for FFR


                                FMO AAAs (3): Heavenly Spores (68), Fast Asleep (67)!, 0 (piano version) (66)! VC AAAs: 76
                                Best VCs: Finders Keepers (64), Purple (64), Travel Demon (63), Final Step (63), A World of Piano (63), Balloon Fever (63), The Fusion (63)

                                It's Only Natural BF
                                Southern Cross BF
                                Minute Waltz v2 BF
                                Novo Mundo BF
                                Stark Raving Mad BF
                                Midnight Dragon 1-0-0-1
                                Choprite 2 clean
                                Rottel 2 clean
                                J&C 2 clean
                                Chronograph 2-1-0-1
                                BB Evo 3 clean
                                Staring at my Spaceship 3 clean
                                Epilogue 3-0-0-1
                                Banned Forever 3-0-0-1
                                World Tour 2004 3-0-1-4
                                Demon Beast Appearance 4 clean
                                Gacha Gacha Figu Atto Radio 4 clean
                                Gravity Blast 4 clean
                                Just Why 4 clean
                                Eternal Drain [Heavy] 4 clean
                                300 4-0-0-1
                                Pure Ruby 5 clean
                                Destination of the Heart 5 clean
                                Plasmatextor 5-0-0-4
                                Oni 6 clean
                                Yorukumoryuu Yamikaze 6 clean
                                Ambient Angels 6 clean
                                Colorful Course 6 clean
                                Hajnal 6 clean
                                Arsonist 7-0-0-1
                                Setsujou! Hyakka Ryouran 7-1-0-1
                                Face in the Gutter 8 clean
                                Kanon Medley 8 clean
                                Colibri 8 clean
                                Summer Time Perfume 8 clean
                                Blindfolds Aside 8-0-0-1
                                Bubble Bath Aftermath 8-0-0-1
                                Bloody Tears 8-0-0-2
                                Ochitsukeruwakenaiwayo! [Heavy] 9 clean


                                Originally posted by Moogle-master
                                To be fair, having all the BlazBlue's isn't good taste more then it is common sense.

                                Comment

                                Working...