Songs of the Week (November 10, 2012)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Choofers
    FFR Player
    FFR Music Producer
    • Dec 2008
    • 6205

    #16
    Re: Songs of the Week (November 10, 2012)

    Yeah, I'm really excited to have Vortex on FFR because not only is it one of the craziest songs in the game, but it's also one of the files I'm very proud of. Atomhead is excited as well, and he told me to notify him once Vortex was in game so he could make a blog/facebook post about it.

    fun fact: I had fixes I was gonna send in that would have lowered the difficulty to a low 80 but lol I forgot to send 'em.

    Anyways, hope you enjoy Vortex !! (and don't say you don't like it because of "mad cuz bad" !!) !!

    Comment

    • alloyus
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Oct 2006
      • 3269

      #17
      Re: Songs of the Week (November 10, 2012)

      Gonna go ahead and agree with AJ - Let's Go is GREAT for one handers, nice job

      ^FFP_D0pey btw

      Comment

      • TC_Halogen
        Rhythm game specialist.
        FFR Simfile Author
        FFR Music Producer
        • Feb 2008
        • 19376

        #18
        Re: Songs of the Week (November 10, 2012)

        those walls of 64ths in Vortex... gross

        *sigh*

        Comment

        • Xx{Midnight}xX
          FFR Player
          • Aug 2007
          • 8548

          #19
          Re: Songs of the Week (November 10, 2012)

          Originally posted by TC_Halogen
          Also, I nearly AAA'd this one-handed in StepMania when I saw it in the batch - it most definitely caters to one-handed players, haha
          Huh, maybe I'm just really outta date cause I never got good at one handing beyond AAAing 5's on the old scale. But seeing 1 3 4 ish sort of stuff makes me kinda cringe at the thought of doing them one handed.

          Originally posted by alloyus
          Gonna go ahead and agree with AJ - Let's Go is GREAT for one handers, nice job
          Eh apparently I am just out of date I guess.

          Comment

          • smartdude1212
            2 is poo
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Sep 2005
            • 6687

            #20
            Re: Songs of the Week (November 10, 2012)

            Choofers, Vortex is proof to me that you need to step more hard shit. *nod*

            Comment

            • V-Ormix
              Banned
              • Aug 2008
              • 4677

              #21
              Re: Songs of the Week (November 10, 2012)

              Originally posted by smartdude1212
              Choofers, Vortex is proof to me that you need to step more hard shit. *nod*
              yeah this was actually very fun on my sight read - but I knew when I saw it was stepped by you I remembered how fun my half was so I had high hopes for it to be fun and it was.

              Comment

              • alloyus
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Oct 2006
                • 3269

                #22
                Re: Songs of the Week (November 10, 2012)

                Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
                But seeing 1 3 4 ish sort of stuff makes me kinda cringe at the thought of doing them one handed.
                Just think of it as if you're playing it on the arrow keys with three fingers. You're using those three fingers almost right in a line. It's like hitting 123 on spread (or 234, whichever is more comfortable for you), it's REALLY comfortable to do that with that style of play.

                ^FFP_D0pey btw

                Comment

                • TC_Halogen
                  Rhythm game specialist.
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  FFR Music Producer
                  • Feb 2008
                  • 19376

                  #23
                  Re: Songs of the Week (November 10, 2012)

                  There's no way that Vortex is an 86, haha; that chart is absolutely absurd in some sections.

                  Comment

                  • EzExZeRo7497
                    ⠀
                    • Dec 2010
                    • 6858

                    #24
                    Re: Songs of the Week (November 10, 2012)

                    Vortex looks really fun.

                    It looks higher than 88 honestly haha, some parts are just brutal.

                    Comment

                    • MarioNintendo
                      Expect delays.
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      FFR Music Producer
                      • Mar 2008
                      • 4181

                      #25
                      Re: Songs of the Week (November 10, 2012)

                      yay new song in-game
                      Long live the arcade!

                      Comment

                      • TC_Halogen
                        Rhythm game specialist.
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        FFR Music Producer
                        • Feb 2008
                        • 19376

                        #26
                        Re: Songs of the Week (November 10, 2012)

                        Just got 4g on Vortex, and it's a shame because I actually hit the 13-note 64th burst with only one good this time. I also AAA'd the last 400 notes, too.

                        Comment

                        • bballa48
                          FFR Veteran
                          • Jan 2007
                          • 1496

                          #27
                          Re: Songs of the Week (November 10, 2012)

                          We live in a sad, scary world where Vortex is an 86 and FREEDOM DIVE is an 87.


                          Lol.
                          "Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane!"
                          Learn to run when feeling the pain: then push harder.

                          Comment

                          • TC_Halogen
                            Rhythm game specialist.
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            FFR Music Producer
                            • Feb 2008
                            • 19376

                            #28
                            Re: Songs of the Week (November 10, 2012)

                            Vortex probably should be in the range of really high 12/low 13 on the old scale simply because of combo/scoring difficulty. Anyone consider this to be an 89 like I do? I might be pretty biased because of my inability to do fast jacks...

                            EDIT: yeah, I give up trying to get a better score - I'm not enjoying playing the file knowing that I can blast through the ending where it takes legitimate speed but can't get past the 64th mini-walls because I can't jack fast enough; w/e, 4g is fine I guess
                            Last edited by TC_Halogen; 11-10-2012, 06:51 PM.

                            Comment

                            • bballa48
                              FFR Veteran
                              • Jan 2007
                              • 1496

                              #29
                              Re: Songs of the Week (November 10, 2012)

                              Originally posted by TC_Halogen
                              Vortex probably should be in the range of really high 12/low 13 on the old scale simply because of combo/scoring difficulty. Anyone consider this to be an 89 like I do? I might be pretty biased because of my inability to do fast jacks...
                              I was just going to suggest 89.

                              It is clearly harder than the 88s, yet it just doesn't feel hard enough to be 90. Plus, we are in need for some 89s anyway.
                              "Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane!"
                              Learn to run when feeling the pain: then push harder.

                              Comment

                              • EzExZeRo7497
                                ⠀
                                • Dec 2010
                                • 6858

                                #30
                                Re: Songs of the Week (November 10, 2012)

                                Yeah, I'd say that it's 89 (90 even) in terms of scoring/combo difficulty. I don't think you're biased at all, the file's just relentless in the last 30% of the file rofl, in terms of scoring.

                                Comment

                                Working...