FFR 7th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 3

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DossarLX ODI
    Batch Manager
    Game Manager
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Mar 2008
    • 15013

    #46
    Re: FFR 7th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 3

    Changes done, fixes sent. They should be uploaded soon.

    Also that file is still gross.





    OWA if you're able to do that it makes me wonder why your stats are the way they are when what you have would definitely get you past a ton of bad patterns
    Originally posted by hi19hi19
    oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

    Comment

    • TC_Halogen
      Rhythm game specialist.
      FFR Simfile Author
      FFR Music Producer
      • Feb 2008
      • 19376

      #47
      Re: FFR 7th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 3

      Good job on those frame fixes -- now D5 will have a much more enjoyable and competitive experience this round, haha

      Comment

      • Hateandhatred
        "The Quebec Steparatist."
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Feb 2011
        • 1974

        #48
        Re: FFR 7th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 3

        Originally posted by MikeShinoda12345
        am i the only person that likes shotgun surgery lol
        it's just aggravating to bf

        also, what bpm is it?
        200 bpm with bpm changes for colors etc.
        Forgot where I put my old sig lol

        Comment

        • One Winged Angel
          Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Mar 2007
          • 10837

          #49
          Re: FFR 7th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 3

          @Doss, my levelranks definitely aren't optimized for my skill level but that's neither here nor there for this thread

          I mean lol, you saw that hilarious For FFR vid


          Originally posted by ilikexd
          i want to be cucked by cirno

          Comment

          • Herogashix
            D7 Dating Sim Player
            FFR Music Producer
            • Apr 2009
            • 2183

            #50
            Re: FFR 7th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 3

            Oh wow. I didn't know a file that bad could exist. I'm all for one handed trills, but a shitty song to go along with it just really rustles my jimmies.

            80% chance I'm dropping out cause of this file.
            Spoils was bad, Since 1983 was good, and now we're back to bad files.
            If I survive this round, it'll be a ****ing miracle.

            Comment

            • TC_Halogen
              Rhythm game specialist.
              FFR Simfile Author
              FFR Music Producer
              • Feb 2008
              • 19376

              #51
              Re: FFR 7th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 3

              Someone is a bit mad about not being able to do the file, hm?

              There's a reason why certain people were hyped about this song -- it's cause SS is bad ass

              Comment

              • Jerry DB
                FFR, lift, repeat
                • Jan 2008
                • 2071

                #52
                Re: FFR 7th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 3

                wow shotgun surgery, hopefully I can aaa, those trills are annoying. Only have like 3 full run throughs but 20 plays cause I keep derping the beginning.
                sigpic

                Comment

                • Zakvvv666
                  I catch fruit
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Jun 2009
                  • 2861

                  #53
                  Re: FFR 7th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 3

                  Shotgun Surgery would have been okay but I just can't ignore how stupid those trills are.



                  Originally posted by reuben_tate
                  I'll bid a single erotic yet safe-for-work photo of me posing while wearing my Piplup hat while sucking on a blueberry lollipop with my mouth partially open so you can see the lollipop color to verify it's blueberryness.

                  Disclaimer: This photo is not guaranteed to cause pleasure.


                  Comment

                  • Hateandhatred
                    "The Quebec Steparatist."
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Feb 2011
                    • 1974

                    #54
                    Re: FFR 7th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 3

                    Heart warming reviews for SS :') clearly I dont deserve much credits since Samurai is the mind behind 90% of it all but still my share of pride feels good guys!

                    Ily all.
                    Forgot where I put my old sig lol

                    Comment

                    • bmah
                      shots FIRED
                      Profile Moderator
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      Global Moderator
                      • Oct 2003
                      • 8448

                      #55
                      Re: FFR 7th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 3

                      I uploaded Dossar's framer-fixed version of Press Start. Can you guys let me know if it's any better? Thanks.

                      Comment

                      • samurai7694
                        바보
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Aug 2008
                        • 4640

                        #56
                        Re: FFR 7th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 3

                        love/hate between Shotgun Surgery lol. besides the weird rhythm, it's only 200 BPM, about the same speed trills as BB Revenge, FotBB, etc.

                        p.s. only the strong will move on from here. get to work D6

                        Comment

                        • EzExZeRo7497
                          ⠀
                          • Dec 2010
                          • 6858

                          #57
                          Re: FFR 7th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 3

                          Shotgun Surgery is sex
                          That is all

                          Comment

                          • bob bob
                            This Is How We Do It~
                            • Oct 2006
                            • 3226

                            #58
                            Re: FFR 7th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 3

                            aww i preferred the original press start
                            Best AAA's: NAINAI69, Eradication, Since 1983
                            Best Non AAA's: Gunkienen Tarusuigin, (1-0-1-1), Pandora (6-0-1-0) Rotary Slicers MISSFLAG
                            Waiting for 2 Million members...
                            5th Place: 7th Official Tournament D5


                            Comment

                            • Nullifidian
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Sep 2007
                              • 1837

                              #59
                              Re: FFR 7th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 3

                              Firebird
                              Quite fun for what it is. I expected something a lot harder when the melody started but that's just me :J No complaints here.

                              Calling Mars
                              Also pretty fun to play, simple structure and nothing bad to say about it.

                              Baby Still Too Fat
                              Fun file with a good flow. Follows the music pretty well. Also nothing bad to say about this. :J

                              The Replicator
                              Really fun file, great song choice too but I don't get some of the jacks when playing. Some of them sound like they're not really going to anything.

                              Press Start
                              Well stepped I guess, but the song is just so freaking boring and uncreative. It sounds like someone randomly hit a few notes and looped that, pasted a few mario sounds in it and called it a day. Big time points lost for song choice

                              Shotgun Surgery
                              I'll ignore the trills at the beginning because those are just dumb as shit. The song choice is so ****ing boring, why would you step this? You started the 12ths way too early as the only section that sounds like it's galopping is the part after 1581 combo till 2065 combo. The only fun part is the aforementioned section and the small solo that follows. Other than that it's boring patterns, boring repetetive music (despite having solos) and almost every pattern feels forced.

                              Comment

                              • TC_Halogen
                                Rhythm game specialist.
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                FFR Music Producer
                                • Feb 2008
                                • 19376

                                #60
                                Re: FFR 7th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 3

                                I didn't get the chance to take a look at the other files in game, but I watched them through the song list preview. All of the charts are pretty well done this round.

                                One thing is for certain though -- D1, D2, and D3 didn't take too much of a jump of difficulty in my opinion. D4/D5 on the other hand... oooooof. The Replicator surprised me quite a bit even after watching Kayla play it during the meetup; the only way to truly understand the difficulty of the file is to actually get your hands on it and get trashed by some of the really difficult transitions.

                                D5's file is hard, but those two triplet bursts + roll bursts truly are what make it or break it this round, which is a little saddening. It's all about who figures out a consistent method for breaking past those nasty patterns.

                                Comment

                                Working...