FFR 7th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 3

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • j-rodd123
    End of the road
    • Oct 2006
    • 3692

    #76
    Re: FFR 7th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 3

    firebird- cool, well stepped, nice job.

    calling mars- another cool file, fun.

    baby still too fat - really fun, another good file. d3 probably has it the easiest this round in terms of relative difficulty imo

    the replicator- this file and song is aweeeesome, sooooo good. it is tricky, but its not thaaaaaat hard, 67 seems fitting imo. only hard part is that transition at like 350 i think, other than that it flows really well, and once d4 plays more im sure the cutoff will become much lower.

    press start-lololll difficulty spikes. the annoying thing about this is nailing them all in the isolation engine, but doing it all in one run is a COMPLETELY different story. gonna take luck to nail this one. probably shouldn't have been a tourney file imo, but it's still fun.

    shotgun surgery- aww first samurai file i didn't like . i'm just not a fan of the song and it wasn't really fun for me to play, but most other people love it so that's great.

    overall- fun round/good files~

    Originally posted by FictionJunction
    wow

    Comment

    • dAnceguy117
      new hand moves = dab
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Dec 2002
      • 10103

      #77
      Re: FFR 7th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 3

      Originally posted by VisD
      I think vanilla is better than chocolate too
      hahahahahahaha you win

      Comment

      • igotrhythm
        Fractals!
        • Sep 2004
        • 6535

        #78
        Re: FFR 7th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 3

        So I figured out why I'm dumping goods on the last wall now that I can SDG the big one.

        Originally posted by thesunfan
        I literally spent 10 minutes in the library looking for the TWG forum on Smogon and couldn't find it what the fuck is this witchcraft IGR

        Comment

        • TC_Halogen
          Rhythm game specialist.
          FFR Simfile Author
          FFR Music Producer
          • Feb 2008
          • 19376

          #79
          Re: FFR 7th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 3

          Those frame placements, oooooof. I know it's improved, but all I see are the red/yellow/blue notes on the left arrow and I cringe a little.

          Good luck nailing that, Andrew.

          Comment

          • igotrhythm
            Fractals!
            • Sep 2004
            • 6535

            #80
            Re: FFR 7th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 3

            I was more looking at the pseudo-jump on the right going in, but now that you mention it, yeah, YoshL does seem to have it out for my nether regions.

            I'll certainly try, though the cutoff is down to 10 clean and I tend to get that by the staircase.
            Originally posted by thesunfan
            I literally spent 10 minutes in the library looking for the TWG forum on Smogon and couldn't find it what the fuck is this witchcraft IGR

            Comment

            • mrpreggers
              D7 Elite Keymasher
              • Feb 2011
              • 3395

              #81
              Re: FFR 7th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 3

              Originally posted by igotrhythm
              So I figured out why I'm dumping goods on the last wall now that I can SDG the big one.

              oh shit never noticed that xP

              Comment

              • DossarLX ODI
                Batch Manager
                Game Manager
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Mar 2008
                • 15013

                #82
                Re: FFR 7th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 3

                I pretty much just changed the 2 frame intervals to 1 frame intervals on the "jump" side so jumping wouldn't be as ridiculous.

                By the way, the 64ths right after the 48th staircase has a zeroframe interval, watch out for it.
                Originally posted by hi19hi19
                oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

                Comment

                • thesunfan
                  Role Tide
                  Sectional Moderator
                  • May 2011
                  • 10859

                  #83
                  Re: FFR 7th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 3

                  Originally posted by wildfireskunk
                  Just wondering, the D3 song has been rated a 55, am I the only person who thinks that's a little high? The only part I'm really having trouble with is the first 20 notes, and I struggle to AAA things over 45ish usually, but I think when the lag is sorted that this will be getting a low SDG.
                  I do think that its a little too easy to be considered a 55. I mean, it doesn't present the challenge that you would expect from a rank 55. That being said, I only think it should be bumped down one or two spots.
                  I suck so much at the bursts in my division's song. I love it so much, but I think it's going to knock me out.
                  Originally posted by Vendetta21
                  Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                  Originally posted by XelNya
                  I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                  Originally posted by star-crossed
                  (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                  Comment

                  Working...