songs you find hard but are easy for others (and vice versa)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • EAGAMES
    Y0FACE!
    • Dec 2006
    • 4931

    #31
    Re: songs you find hard but are easy for others (and vice versa)

    Hard: Scythe of 13 and jacks
    Easy: 300BPM JS
    Removed a .gif image so your total signature size isn't well over 1MB. Keep this in mind for the future.
    5th Official FFR Tournament Scores (Division 5)
    Round 1: Novo Mundo (AAA)
    Round 2: 4 Chord Touhou (AAA)
    Round 3: October (1.0.0.1)
    Round 4: Silly Symphony (1.0.0.0)
    Round 5: Hardkore Atomic (4.0.0.1)
    Round 6: Blue Rose (2.0.0.0)
    Round 7: La Dump (Eliminated for being lazy.)
    Originally posted by smartdude1212
    EA will wander into his house with twenty minutes remaining in the round, load up FFR, realize he needs to ****, go to do so, discover he's hungry, whip up a gourmet meal, return to FFR with five minutes to go, play la camp once, and missflag on the 2154th arrow because scythe of 13 is watching him

    Comment

    • Mike Weedmark
      FFR Veteran
      • Aug 2009
      • 1196

      #32
      Re: songs you find hard but are easy for others (and vice versa)

      I don't know how people find October hard. It doesn't have any jumpglutty bullshit or jacks like 300 or BT37 or bmv.578. It's just streams.

      Comment

      • DossarLX ODI
        Batch Manager
        Game Manager
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Mar 2008
        • 15013

        #33
        Re: songs you find hard but are easy for others (and vice versa)

        songs you find hard but are easy for others: Files with conspicuous difficulty spikes but other players generalize as just "stream" or "bursts"
        Originally posted by hi19hi19
        oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

        Comment

        • Mike Weedmark
          FFR Veteran
          • Aug 2009
          • 1196

          #34
          Re: songs you find hard but are easy for others (and vice versa)

          Meh, October really can be played as just streams. It's not like you're tapping jumps and then suddenly RANbursts. It's just straight 32nds. Not that I've AAA'd it or anything.

          Comment

          • DossarLX ODI
            Batch Manager
            Game Manager
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Mar 2008
            • 15013

            #35
            Re: songs you find hard but are easy for others (and vice versa)

            Yeah but certain patterns obviously stand out more than others

            October has like two really bad 32nd parts if I recall correctly

            And from what I'm currently hearing on Skype, FFR does seem to like doing really awkward crapglut patterns but failing on other files that are more straightforward/doable for me, lol
            Originally posted by hi19hi19
            oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

            Comment

            • Jake Ferguson
              FFR Player
              • Nov 2011
              • 995

              #36
              Re: songs you find hard but are easy for others (and vice versa)

              Songs I'm good at:
              -Fei Longer (would be AAAd, but nerves at the end suck)
              -Starlight (the same as Fei Longer)
              -Largiloquent Dithyramb (best is 24 clean, 4 from the beginning jacks and the rest from a derpy logitech k120 keyboard)
              -And Jelly Roll Blues too I guess, the trills aren't really that bad, the goods I have on it are stupid ones from easy parts of the song I can't fix for some reason

              Songs I'm horrible at:
              -Any song with jumpstream. Even the easiest ones with very little jumps like Famouz (if this counts even a little bit as JS), Seven or Etude To A Dragon are extremely hard for me,
              which sucks since I'm trying to improve in higher level files and almost all of them are like this...
              Last edited by Jake Ferguson; 05-20-2012, 01:03 AM.



              Comment

              • VisD
                FFR Simfile Author
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Jun 2007
                • 1196

                #37
                Re: songs you find hard but are easy for others (and vice versa)

                Easier than usual: Dead and Direct (had something like teens on this although with 1 miss whoops), Romance in the Club

                Harder than usual: Anything that requires any kind of stamina at all - even CIA Rave, supposedly the easiest 9, is hard for me to FC lmao and I'm nowhere near SDGing it - and I can sdg most 9s easily enough..


                Comment

                • lumphoboextreme
                  FFR Veteran
                  • Jan 2005
                  • 8592

                  #38
                  Re: songs you find hard but are easy for others (and vice versa)

                  Still can't AAA Max Forever, just gave up even trying.

                  Comment

                  • EAGAMES
                    Y0FACE!
                    • Dec 2006
                    • 4931

                    #39
                    Re: songs you find hard but are easy for others (and vice versa)

                    Originally posted by lumphoboextreme
                    Still can't AAA Max Forever, just gave up even trying.
                    I got lucky when I first got it
                    Removed a .gif image so your total signature size isn't well over 1MB. Keep this in mind for the future.
                    5th Official FFR Tournament Scores (Division 5)
                    Round 1: Novo Mundo (AAA)
                    Round 2: 4 Chord Touhou (AAA)
                    Round 3: October (1.0.0.1)
                    Round 4: Silly Symphony (1.0.0.0)
                    Round 5: Hardkore Atomic (4.0.0.1)
                    Round 6: Blue Rose (2.0.0.0)
                    Round 7: La Dump (Eliminated for being lazy.)
                    Originally posted by smartdude1212
                    EA will wander into his house with twenty minutes remaining in the round, load up FFR, realize he needs to ****, go to do so, discover he's hungry, whip up a gourmet meal, return to FFR with five minutes to go, play la camp once, and missflag on the 2154th arrow because scythe of 13 is watching him

                    Comment

                    • Magicturbo
                      Beatrix~
                      • Jul 2008
                      • 1508

                      #40
                      Re: songs you find hard but are easy for others (and vice versa)

                      Easier for me, Harder for others...

                      No Purpose Flour - Aside from the wall.. I don't see what's so extremely difficult about this file. I'm honestly not sure why it's considered such a high FMO ._.

                      Chaosmaid - Not sure why I can read and hit this dense JS.. but.. I can, and others seemingly can't... ?_____?

                      Kono Spoon - Jumptrilling ALL the walls... Everyone else tries to roll them with troubles it seems =/

                      HELLBEAT - Idk.. I get that it's BNS and you can't really tell the switch between the trills and jacks, but it only takes a few plays to look carefully and figure out where it transitions. The rest of the file feels easy to me ?_?



                      Harder for me, easier for others...

                      EHHS - I just don't understand why it's so easy to some... the JS is so awkward to me ><;;

                      Club, AIM Anthem, Starlight, Fei Longer - Extended jacks... ;__;

                      Demon Beast Appearance - For the life of me I can't do those minijacks in the beginning... I just don't know why... it doesn't make sense to me @_@


                      Comment

                      • awein999
                        (ಠ⌣ಠ)
                        • Oct 2007
                        • 4647

                        #41
                        Re: songs you find hard but are easy for others (and vice versa)

                        easier: red wings over baron, lawn wake II, mourning the lost (lol long song that no one tries on really, lawn wake II is easy i dunno *shrugs*, mourning the lost is about consistency with the jump streams ie no jacks/32nd patterns so ez.

                        harder: club, aim anthem, hardkore atomic (lol jack transitions)
                        Originally posted by Staiain
                        i am super purple hippo

                        Comment

                        • DossarLX ODI
                          Batch Manager
                          Game Manager
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Mar 2008
                          • 15013

                          #42
                          Re: songs you find hard but are easy for others (and vice versa)

                          I guess a file I find a good deal easier is Death Piano, because nobody else has gotten an FC with under 100 goods or even gotten sub-50 without an FC

                          How there are all these other scores that give me lots of trouble even coming close to and then having such a big gap on DP is beyond me
                          Originally posted by hi19hi19
                          oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

                          Comment

                          • trumaestro
                            I don't get no respect
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Jun 2006
                            • 1332

                            #43
                            Re: songs you find hard but are easy for others (and vice versa)

                            +1 for max forever being stupid hard. The slow trills are bad enough, but what really gets me is the gaddamn announcer. It's all this is it! and I'm all "awww shit I'm actually gonna do it this time" and it's all everybody is cheering! The crowd loves you! and I'm all "oh shit oh shit OH SHIT OH SHIT I'M GOING TO FINALLY AA-"

                            Comment

                            • Reshiram
                              The Vast White Note
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • May 2011
                              • 1224

                              #44
                              Re: songs you find hard but are easy for others (and vice versa)

                              Songs I find harder:
                              Almost every FMO/FGO lmao

                              Songs I find easier:
                              P.much none; it's tough being out of practice and having no stamina lul

                              Comment

                              • rayword45
                                Local Teenage Wastebasket
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Feb 2007
                                • 3212

                                #45
                                Re: songs you find hard but are easy for others (and vice versa)

                                Easy for me:
                                Rottel-da-Station (Mirror killed mindblocks, barely hits the borderline if it was a 10)
                                300 (This one also feels like a VC to me)
                                Bloodmeat [Heavy] (Two mid FMO parts that others find to be high, and then this is barely harder the Fei Longer IMO)

                                Hard for me:
                                Makiba (AWKWARDAWKWARDAWKWARD)
                                EHHS (Some pretty hilarious transitions in the JS, plus the stamina factor)
                                Max Forever (This is borderline 10 to me)
                                AIM ****IN ANTHEM (I can SDG Club. I can't ****in FC this asscrap chart)
                                Tsugihagi Construction (Those little 8th jacks are mindblock-haven for me)
                                The above post has a 50% chance of being useless. Potentially. Maybe.

                                BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

                                Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

                                And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
                                NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.

                                Comment

                                Working...