songs you find hard but are easy for others (and vice versa)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • iironiic
    D6 FFR Legacy Player
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Jan 2009
    • 4342

    #16
    Re: songs you find hard but are easy for others (and vice versa)

    Songs I find harder:
    Big Blue - Particularly bad at the 22 minijacks and blocked at the [34]23[12] 24ths on mirror. I always get a miss somehow haha.
    Blue Rose - For someone at my skill level, it is surprising that I cannot SDG this at all. Those jumpjacks are ridiculously stamina-draining haha.
    Counter Clockwise Chant Pattern and grind2 - Very hard for me since these files aren't straightforward and are hard to understand where the steps are mapped to haha. There's no way I can break 20 clean on both of them.
    Grand Galop Chromatique - Hahaha I don't know why I'm so bad at this, but I should be at the level where I'm low SDGing this file.
    Starwolf - I desperately need the luck to AAA this file hahaha. That blackflag run was purely luck and I got the good from college wifi's lag.

    There are a lot of files that I find harder than others, but those are the most surprising ones that I can think of.

    Files that I find easier:
    Necropotence - Timing the jumptrilling is the hardest part but once you nail this down, it's not so bad. The patterns before each roll isn't too difficult if you focus on specific notes.
    Canary Part V - The jumpstream is the hardest part of the file for me. Seriously haha.
    Kidney Stone - Jumpchainstreams aren't too tricky for me. I just need a better keyboard to nab the AAA because I'm sure I can haha.
    Molto Vivace - Not so hard once you nail the beginning tricky parts of the song. I'm somewhat consistent with rolls but I have my bad days too haha.
    Mephisto Waltz - The beginning is the hardest part, but it's not terribly tricky if you put some attention on it.

    Comment

    • Xx{Midnight}xX
      FFR Player
      • Aug 2007
      • 8548

      #17
      Re: songs you find hard but are easy for others (and vice versa)

      Most jumpstream charts are aids hard for me

      song i find easy that everyone else seems to think is hard: Setsu.

      I dunno when I got good at it but eh.

      Comment

      • jgano
        Retired
        • Jan 2008
        • 664

        #18
        Re: songs you find hard but are easy for others (and vice versa)

        I'm really going on where my ranks are relative to the rest of the FFR community for these choices, as well as others in my skill level.

        Songs that are hard for me but easy for others:

        Reality - I suck so bad at really long streams that are faster than 250 bpm. The jumpgluts are also a pain to hit consistently. Still have yet to FC it.

        Ambient Angels - I'm not very consistent when dealing with fast, dense JS. I feel like I have to mash the ending just to FC it.

        4 Chord Touhou - Again, inconsistency on fast, dense JS. One of the few FMO's I have played that I've yet to FC.


        Songs that are easy for me but hard for others:

        Club - Even when I was struggling to FC any FMOs, this was the one I always had a great score on. The jacks are slow enough that I can hit consistently; the jumpgluts mixed in aren't so bad and the patterns repeat themselves. It made sense that this became my first FMO AAA.

        Blooddrunk - After playing it for a while, I could do the one-handed trills with little to no mistakes. The rest of the file is VC-ish. My best score is 6g, which I'm told is almost D6 material.

        K8107 - Again, one-handed trills are no problem for me at that speed. And after playing it for a while, I can read the ending JS well enough to get a good score.
        Master AAA's: 30
        Guru AAA's: 1
        Brutal+ FC's: 46 (MOST RECENT: The Bird's Midair Heatstroke)
        Best AAA's: OVERklock, Mario Minor, Paraclete, FFLBF, Shatterscape, Spaceman, Pitch Black, Requiem -Dies irae-, Queen of Bootlegs

        Comment

        • DossarLX ODI
          Batch Manager
          Game Manager
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Mar 2008
          • 15013

          #19
          Re: songs you find hard but are easy for others (and vice versa)

          Also how the hell does AIM Anthem have so many AAAs if FFR claims to be so bad at jacks and other jack files are a mess
          Originally posted by hi19hi19
          oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

          Comment

          • RagedBerserker
            Hello Kitty
            • Sep 2004
            • 1296

            #20
            Re: songs you find hard but are easy for others (and vice versa)

            300, Rottel-da-Station, and The Adventures of Lolo.. these three goddamn songs seem to be f***ing cake for everyone but me.

            Songs I seem to find myself good at whereas hard for others? I would say Dead and Direct, Largiloquent Dithyramb, and Reality.

            I'm just an old boy now

            Comment

            • bmah
              shots FIRED
              Profile Moderator
              FFR Simfile Author
              Global Moderator
              • Oct 2003
              • 8448

              #21
              Re: songs you find hard but are easy for others (and vice versa)

              Originally posted by jgano
              Blooddrunk - After playing it for a while, I could do the one-handed trills with little to no mistakes. The rest of the file is VC-ish. My best score is 6g, which I'm told is almost D6 material.
              Wow, that's NUTS. I'm good at trills, but I still don't think I've attained such a score afaik.

              Originally posted by DossarLX ODI
              Also how the hell does AIM Anthem have so many AAAs if FFR claims to be so bad at jacks and other jack files are a mess
              For some of the AAAs, it can be attributable to one handed-friendly patterns, as jacky as they are. A song with jumpstream and jacks would be much harder for a one-handed player to AAA. As for the rest, idk. Maybe the file allows people to focus on jacks a bit more. Maybe most players are not so attentive to jacks on other songs!

              Comment

              • megamon88
                FFR Simfile Author
                FFR Simfile Author
                FFR Music Producer
                • Feb 2006
                • 2567

                #22
                Re: songs you find hard but are easy for others (and vice versa)

                Files I find harder:

                Reality - can't stream
                Blooddrunk - not that people find this easy but I do considerably worse than normal
                Aim Anthem - can't do those jacks (yet I can do Club fine)

                Files I find easier:

                Perfect Cherry Storm - easy as fuc to jumptrill, seriously
                Master Maid - see above
                Tsugihagi Construction - seriously this isn't a FGO
                Indo No Sobaya - don't see how people find this hard enough to be FGO
                Of Course You Need Me - pretty easy for high FMO

                Comment

                • Winrar
                  Quasi-porn
                  • Jan 2008
                  • 1843

                  #23
                  Re: songs you find hard but are easy for others (and vice versa)

                  Jelly Roll Blues I can AAA this one pretty consistently.
                  Fast Asleep since I can sdg it every attempt, maybe even a bf since my best is 1g on the burst.

                  AIM Anthem is weird, I'm good at jacks, but not good at that song

                  Originally posted by Staiain
                  I'm sorry but... *flicks hair* I don't DO 0.x rates 8)

                  Comment

                  • justin_ator
                    🥓<strong><span style="col
                    • Mar 2007
                    • 7648

                    #24
                    Re: songs you find hard but are easy for others (and vice versa)

                    SSSG, I'll AAA all the FGO's before I get that song.

                    Comment

                    • alloyus
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Oct 2006
                      • 3269

                      #25
                      Re: songs you find hard but are easy for others (and vice versa)

                      As much as people complain about SSSG, I only have 20 plays on it and a AAA....hitting the same arrow in a row in the synth songs I guess can be annoying but I guess it doesn't matter as much to me as other people ._. Fotbb was one of the easier songs for me to SDG (even though I've played it a lot) I remember getting into Team Chaos with three goods on it and I don't remember having other scores that good compared to it (Can't remember if I had an FMO AAA by then or not). As for hard stuff...I can't seem to FC Rave7? I guess that's something x.x Even when I get like 20-30 boos I've never done that :/ Oh! Here we go. That um. Tick change in Time to Eye where it goes from 8ths to 12ths to something, I miss the last 12th pretty often >.> At least when I last played. Oh and jumpjacks have been a huge pain for me until fairly recently (Nowhere near DP level or anything yet though).

                      ^FFP_D0pey btw

                      Comment

                      • Frank Munoz
                        Muein
                        • Nov 2007
                        • 2048

                        #26
                        Re: songs you find hard but are easy for others (and vice versa)

                        Originally posted by DossarLX ODI
                        Also how the hell does AIM Anthem have so many AAAs if FFR claims to be so bad at jacks and other jack files are a mess
                        AIM Anthem is a dick.
                        Thatisall

                        I tend to do better 'overall' as the difficulty goes up. I'm pretty sure I AAA'd Famouz before I AAA'd that super easy mario song. Like... what even.
                        I like to mash tactically.
                        but now i just don't know anymore since I took a really long break and I just suck on everysong.
                        Unknown and Unofficial
                        may the good arrow guide you

                        Comment

                        • rushyrulz
                          Digital Dancing!
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          FFR Music Producer
                          • Feb 2006
                          • 12985

                          #27
                          Re: songs you find hard but are easy for others (and vice versa)

                          Files I find harder:

                          Ketsarku Mozgalom
                          300
                          Storm Raid Battle

                          Files I find easier:

                          Flight of the Bumblebee
                          Sparkle Downer
                          RAN


                          Comment

                          • DarknessXoXLight
                            sonder
                            • Mar 2007
                            • 2279

                            #28
                            Re: songs you find hard but are easy for others (and vice versa)

                            Files I find hard that aren't: Sparkle Downer, dunno why. Oh god and for some reason Kyrie gives me hell. Monstrous Turtles too, I can comprehend orange stream in any other file except this one for some reason.

                            Files I find easy that apparently are hard: October. 300. Club.
                            Last edited by DarknessXoXLight; 05-20-2012, 02:30 AM.

                            Comment

                            • Evascythe
                              evascythe
                              • Mar 2005
                              • 2909

                              #29
                              Re: songs you find hard but are easy for others (and vice versa)

                              max forever

                              I can't even combo that stupid thing because of the annoyingly slow trills...


                              Originally posted by moches
                              I love your avatar and you seem like a chill dude

                              Comment

                              • benguino
                                Kawaii Desu Ne?
                                • Dec 2007
                                • 4190

                                #30
                                Re: songs you find hard but are easy for others (and vice versa)

                                Song I find harder:
                                -Club (loljacks)
                                -Aim Anthem (above)
                                -Fei Longer (above, I literally can't get under 30 goods on this and it used to be a 9 <_>)
                                -Starlight (above)
                                -Over the Frail Dream, I swear I do better on rave7 stream...
                                -Monstrous Turtles, see above
                                -Largiwhatever Dithyjacks, people say the song is basically a high 9 with FGO jacks in the intro. I think it's a high FMO with FSO jacks in the intro >_>


                                Songs I find easier:
                                -Ambient Angels, I basically have a blackflag (technically a 1-1-0-0 because an average from lag). I'm guessing the lack of jacks in this song gives me the confidence to do decent on this file xP
                                -Turkish March, even with the jacky parts, I find it not so bad
                                -Band Dynamics, people need to learn how to gallop
                                -The "gallopy" rounds in Dossar tournies (i.e. Diamondus Forever)
                                -A decent amount of FGO's when it comes to PA. Still could work on the miss count though...

                                And jgano: that blooddrunk of yours is pretty sick I have to say ._. I'll happily trade you my AA score for that xD
                                AMA: http://ask.fm/benguino


                                Originally posted by Spenner
                                (^)> peck peck says the heels
                                Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
                                And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
                                Originally posted by Zakvvv666
                                awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing

                                Comment

                                Working...