Ideas for Events and for Drawing New Members (& a brief message)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • yo man im awesome
    soleil ardent
    FFR Simfile Author
    • May 2007
    • 6514

    #16
    Re: Ideas for Events and for Drawing New Members (& a brief message)

    Originally posted by Plan_Bsk81127
    How is doing a collab event with a site that isnt anything/isnt going anywhere going to bring in new people?
    Hey you never know, I'm just posting whatever somewhat positive related things I can. Who knows, maybe if we were on good with TS they might spread a good word about us to people they know, lol.

    Originally posted by choof
    you double dad loving dipshit
    Originally posted by t-rogdor
    dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
    Originally posted by smartdude1212
    I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.

    Comment

    • Festive
      FFR Player
      • Mar 2012
      • 34

      #17
      Re: Ideas for Events and for Drawing New Members (& a brief message)

      Wow I forgot that song existed lol.

      In response to the TM because I'm too lazy to quote.

      Comment

      • dAnceguy117
        new hand moves = dab
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Dec 2002
        • 10103

        #18
        Re: Ideas for Events and for Drawing New Members (& a brief message)

        Originally posted by MrPopadopalis25
        word of mouth p much
        Via the interwebs or the real life? I have a hard time deciding which would be more effective.

        Originally posted by Zageron
        My thoughts have always been on expanding our game base from 1~2 games. FFR, SIU, and what else could we do? I don't know. We could create more Rhythm game clones, or develop something fun and unique.
        I never played MeTrivia, but I recall it being quite popular. Perhaps any non-rhythm games could utilize FFR's music, credits, or tokens in unique ways? Otherwise I think there's little incentive to visit FFR instead of Facebook or addictinggames.com.

        Originally posted by yo man im awesome
        I remember there being talk about someone making a legitimate commercial for FFR lol?
        Quick, someone call up Darkshark! Haha. In all honesty, I think a widely-aired commercial would be outside the budget constraints of a small nonprofit.

        Comment

        • Netjet!
          Sic itur ad astra
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Jan 2008
          • 4701

          #19
          Re: Ideas for Events and for Drawing New Members (& a brief message)

          Originally posted by The_Toymaker
          *whimper wall* is the final boss. Only unlocked when you 100% complete EVERY chart in the game. (implying all of the songs in FFR are converted to the tower defense game)
          I'd think the game would only have maybe 100 songs total, not sure. If it was all 1000+ it would be cool though.
          Last edited by Netjet!; 03-24-2012, 02:34 PM.
          RIP Steve Van Ness <3

          Comment

          • yo man im awesome
            soleil ardent
            FFR Simfile Author
            • May 2007
            • 6514

            #20
            Re: Ideas for Events and for Drawing New Members (&amp; a brief message)

            Also unrelated but I thought I'd throw it out there

            Put Speedcore 300 and the gammas back in for April Fools Day ))

            Originally posted by choof
            you double dad loving dipshit
            Originally posted by t-rogdor
            dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
            Originally posted by smartdude1212
            I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.

            Comment

            • kommisar
              Dark Chancellor
              FFR Simfile Author
              FFR Music Producer
              • Jun 2005
              • 7328

              #21
              Re: Ideas for Events and for Drawing New Members (&amp; a brief message)

              break into the mainstream market.


              get all the jocks at school playing it and see the hype grow

              Comment

              • Herogashix
                D7 Dating Sim Player
                FFR Music Producer
                • Apr 2009
                • 2183

                #22
                Re: Ideas for Events and for Drawing New Members (&amp; a brief message)

                Don't ban people for posting porn. That'll bring in... 300k people.

                Comment

                • bmah
                  shots FIRED
                  Profile Moderator
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  Global Moderator
                  • Oct 2003
                  • 8448

                  #23
                  Re: Ideas for Events and for Drawing New Members (&amp; a brief message)

                  Originally posted by yo man im awesome
                  Hey you never know, I'm just posting whatever somewhat positive related things I can. Who knows, maybe if we were on good with TS they might spread a good word about us to people they know, lol.
                  It'd help if the community at TS was more diverse than a group of users who were formerly FFR regulars.

                  FFR is, while improving various aspects of the game, is overall getting stale in regards to the overall concept. Also, back in the early 2000s, DDR was just becoming mainstream in the markets - now the dancing simulation concept has been well-known and well-played for years. To put a sense of realism, I frankly think it's an uphill battle.

                  Word of mouth and advertising will capture a few more users, but it'd be hard to justify some sort of craze. Am I suggesting something more radical? Perhaps. I don't really know how far a volunteer-based site will go to attain higher traffic the potential for higher traffic.

                  Comment

                  • dAnceguy117
                    new hand moves = dab
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Dec 2002
                    • 10103

                    #24
                    Re: Ideas for Events and for Drawing New Members (&amp; a brief message)

                    bmah: Very true that a new craze with the same game would be rather unlikely. A humongous influx of new users may not be desired anyway. I'm thinking more along the lines of trying to double the number of currently active members. I do believe the potential exists already; the key would be to reach those people who would be interested.

                    There's no need to increase traffic in order to bring in more ad revenue anymore. That objective was part of this site's past, not its future. However, that doesn't mean the community here wouldn't benefit from expanding in numbers. If we have a chance to attract more members, why shouldn't we try?

                    Originally posted by kommisar
                    break into the mainstream market.


                    get all the jocks at school playing it and see the hype grow
                    Is anyone here great at Call of Duty? Maybe someone should murk a ton of people and tell them that the only way to get good is to play enough SM/FFR. Tack on "Modern Arrowfare 4" onto the title of each game, and then we could start selling them simfile packs for $15 each. hmmmmm

                    Comment

                    • YoshL
                      Celestial Harbor
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      FFR Music Producer
                      • Aug 2008
                      • 6156

                      #25
                      Re: Ideas for Events and for Drawing New Members (&amp; a brief message)

                      I think a huge part of bringing in new users, and even connecting existing users is multiplayer, and chat

                      Imagine an interface where there's already an integrated in-game chat, where you could chat/create rooms, not just for playing, but for simply talking with people in between your FFR endeavors. The chat most likely wouldn't be active during your playing actually to prevent lag issues, but would be re-activated at maybe, score-screen time.

                      Anyways, the main point is, even with active forums, there's still that major delay between replies, and occasional really long posts that sompe people don't want to read really. Chat is easy, effective, and very good at bringing people closer together

                      I think that's kinda why MeTrivia was fun (i liked it) because of in game chat. it's what makes almost all multiplayer games, or even playing a single player game side by side with another person on a different computer, fun. Being able to talk about something you both enjoy.


                      Originally posted by Charu
                      Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

                      Comment

                      • nois-or-e
                        SponCon Aficionado
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Mar 2007
                        • 3250

                        #26
                        Re: Ideas for Events and for Drawing New Members (&amp; a brief message)

                        Start the next KONY 2012 fad, cover the streets with stickers/posters in capital cities.

                        Comment

                        • dAnceguy117
                          new hand moves = dab
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Dec 2002
                          • 10103

                          #27
                          Re: Ideas for Events and for Drawing New Members (&amp; a brief message)

                          YOSHl: Excellent point. Any form of live chat is a nice medium for interaction. I enjoy me some forums, but many people don't for the reasons you stated. Some people would probably want the in-game chat disabled, though, so I think it would act rather similarly to the existing multiplayer scheme. Maybe there could be some incentives for players to play multiplayer and populate the chat?

                          Comment

                          • gabrieljd
                            FFR Veteran
                            • Sep 2006
                            • 259

                            #28
                            Re: Ideas for Events and for Drawing New Members (&amp; a brief message)

                            FFR is the second result for "DDR Online" on Google, so bringing new people in is no problem. We should see how to make them want to stay, since most people apparently forget about the game after a few months.

                            Comment

                            • j-rodd123
                              End of the road
                              • Oct 2006
                              • 3692

                              #29
                              Re: Ideas for Events and for Drawing New Members (&amp; a brief message)

                              Originally posted by YOSHl
                              I think a huge part of bringing in new users, and even connecting existing users is multiplayer and chat

                              Imagine an interface where there's already an integrated in-game chat, where you could chat/create rooms, not just for playing, but for simply talking with people in between your FFR endeavors. The chat most likely wouldn't be active during your playing actually to prevent lag issues, but would be re-activated at maybe, score-screen time.

                              Anyways, the main point is, even with active forums, there's still that major delay between replies, and occasional really long posts that sompe people don't want to read really. Chat is easy, effective, and very good at bringing people closer together

                              I think that's kinda why MeTrivia was fun (i liked it) because of in game chat. it's what makes almost all multiplayer games, or even playing a single player game side by side with another person on a different computer, fun. Being able to talk about something you both enjoy.
                              I was actually gonna come in here and post this, games like that were fun back in the day and drew people to the forum.

                              Personally, a favourite thing of mine is multiplayer, but it is almost always dead now a days and I am always playing against the same small handful of people, if I can even find a game to play :/ . An OFFICIAL multiplayer tournament would be cool, I know theres issues surrounding it (i.e lag blah blah blah), but an official mp tournament march madness bracket style elimination would be sweet imo.

                              Originally posted by FictionJunction
                              wow

                              Comment

                              • Xx{Midnight}xX
                                FFR Player
                                • Aug 2007
                                • 8548

                                #30
                                Re: Ideas for Events and for Drawing New Members (&amp; a brief message)

                                Originally posted by yo man im awesome
                                Also unrelated but I thought I'd throw it out there

                                Put Speedcore 300 and the gammas back in for April Fools Day ))
                                No.

                                Hell no.

                                You want to draw more new members?

                                Advertise the FFR Website on a popular e-sport website (such as Teamliquid.net) for even one day or one hour. Add more easier charts (which as Bmah has mentioned to me is because there is very little of them sent into the game) And over all more logical and good events, like the banner contest (different judges please) and none of that "submit a unique score that isn't a AAA" crap.

                                As an event, I purpose a daily or weekly credit giving challenge that varies it's difficulty and can recycle them. Or "AAA a certain chart" sort of thing.

                                But the biggest thing to help sustain members... Clean up the forums.

                                Drastically, oh so drastically do the forums need a clean slate. Delete all the trolling, all the previous threads, and overall if we can, make the forums look more appealing as well as the overall site.
                                Last edited by Xx{Midnight}xX; 03-24-2012, 05:40 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...