More hard songs, more easy songs

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • cetaka
    Dark Chancellor
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Mar 2006
    • 2550

    #16
    Re: More hard songs, more easy songs

    1% of 624 is still 6.24




    Comment

    • Coolboyrulez0
      VICES
      FFR Simfile Author
      FFR Music Producer
      • Aug 2006
      • 10042

      #17
      Re: More hard songs, more easy songs

      Def needs more E to T (lol esrb rating) in the game.
      I am going to step some, in fact I already have and , surprise, surprise, it's not even understepped

      Remember most, I would say over 80, if not 90% can't even play difficult and up.
      https://soundcloud.com/cbrbreakcore
      https://cbrrecords.bandcamp.com/

      Comment

      • Adamaja456
        Absurd
        • Dec 2006
        • 6433

        #18
        Re: More hard songs, more easy songs

        Originally posted by Tasselfoot

        i don't know about everyone else, but I don't find stuff like DP fun. Even Eclipse is relatively fun... yet still insanely hard. DP, to me, is just a tiny step below vROFL.
        I kind of agree with Tass. I'd like to see another 10-12 FGO songs released into the game maybe this summer. BUT theres a certain threshold where a song loses its "fun" value to play

        I know im not one of the best players and i can't FC Reality, Eclipse, Electro Rush V2, and a few other songs without mashing. I know the more i play, the faster i will become and ill eventually find it fun to play those songs but for most people, songs like those and DP arnt that fun.

        If we do release more FGO files, they should be hard but not so hard that less than 5 people will ever AAA it


        582 Tier Points(Tier 3)
        602 AAAs(517+23+62)
        People who bought me subscriptions/tokens:
        DrugstoreCowboy(1 month) ELRayford(3 months)
        ~GJampa(3 months) Jerry DB(3 months)
        4th place in Gamewhore Competition(3 months)
        Phynx(FGJ album and Dendrite V2)
        dragon890x(1 year) Slide(1 year)

        Comment

        • rushyrulz
          Digital Dancing!
          FFR Simfile Author
          FFR Music Producer
          • Feb 2006
          • 12985

          #19
          Re: More hard songs, more easy songs

          Going with jx on this one, my comfort zone is VD to FMO. I would probably play the easy and hard files twice and forget about them.


          Comment

          • bender5
            The 40% Iron Chef
            • Jan 2005
            • 4894

            #20
            Re: More hard songs, more easy songs

            FFR just needs to send the queue back to it's file makers. So that people can make files that are pitch relevant and have jacks. All new files should be made with the style that are fun and hard. Just because jacks are hard doesn't make them not-fun. Seriously, files released from here on out without average misses they can be made much more fun.

            tl;dr version. Send the queue back to the steppers so they can make jacks.

            Comment

            • Xx{Midday}xX
              FFR Player
              • Sep 2007
              • 3518

              #21
              Re: More hard songs, more easy songs

              If what bender5 says is the case, as in most files don't follow PR and have no jacks where they would be relevant, then I agree. Appropriate jacks would instantly raise its difficulty level, no?

              EDIT: Made hard files. XD I'll ask for testing soon.
              Last edited by Xx{Midday}xX; 05-9-2008, 03:16 PM.
              Any FFR song title discrepancies? List them here.
              Willing to accurately translate Japanese for free
              Accumulating all playstyles here!


              つまんないシグでスマソ(´・ω・`)

              Comment

              • NumiGamer
                FFR Player
                • Aug 2007
                • 337

                #22
                Re: More hard songs, more easy songs

                Granted, we already have TONS of VSNares music, with 2 more songs coming soon, but VSnares songs make for fun yet hard Stepfiles. Though it doesn't change that Hajnal is still moderately difficult and stilll super fun. Szamar madar is great, Szerensctetlen and Pwintendo sound like they could be good too.
                If you want a really hard song that we already have permission for, Check this out-http://youtube.com/watch?v=ld0iHQwrzj0
                It's called My Half.
                Perfect time to start the song is 4:50. Finish it from there, and you get yourself a nice 3 minute or so FMO/FGO song. Or something. Do whatever you want. I just happen to really like it. So I'd point that out.
                Originally posted by tofurox;
                Roflwagon

                Comment

                • rushyrulz
                  Digital Dancing!
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  FFR Music Producer
                  • Feb 2006
                  • 12985

                  #23
                  Re: More hard songs, more easy songs

                  Originally posted by NumiGamer
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=ld0iHQwrzj0
                  That would be one hard-ass file if stepped right.


                  Comment

                  • omgitznpv
                    cohoooooon
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Aug 2005
                    • 6980

                    #24
                    Re: More hard songs, more easy songs

                    Once I begin stepping for FFR again, the vast majority of the files I will be doing are going to be mostly FGO or FMO, assuming we can still add hands if it goes with difficulty (check?) and that we do have IOSYS permission beyond Kire Kire Mayoi, right?
                    Originally posted by DossarLX ODI
                    What's the point of using drugs anyways? I heard they help you relax but that's pretty much it. (Not talking about medicines)

                    Comment

                    • Xx{Midday}xX
                      FFR Player
                      • Sep 2007
                      • 3518

                      #25
                      Re: More hard songs, more easy songs

                      Originally posted by omgitznpv
                      Once I begin stepping for FFR again, the vast majority of the files I will be doing are going to be mostly FGO or FMO, assuming we can still add hands if it goes with difficulty (check?) and that we do have IOSYS permission beyond Kire Kire Mayoi, right?
                      Cucumber Beers triplet jack version XDDDD. Good stuff.
                      Any FFR song title discrepancies? List them here.
                      Willing to accurately translate Japanese for free
                      Accumulating all playstyles here!


                      つまんないシグでスマソ(´・ω・`)

                      Comment

                      • Knoobish
                        alia shawkat
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Oct 2006
                        • 362

                        #26
                        Re: More hard songs, more easy songs

                        I think some of the problem is the community of stepfile artists isn't necessarily a representative sample of the general FFR player. Almost every single stepfile artist's ability that currently makes songs for FFR is WAY above that of the general player. Even the judges of our files (Tass, JX, Rebirth) are vastly more skilled than the "average" FFR player as described in this thread (VD-VC is the perfect pace for KB files)

                        hi19 is right: we have enough of this level of file in the game already, we need some more hard files and some more really easy files. I personally like stepping hard files: you have a lot more freedom as a stepfile artist with patterns and such instead of being locked into 16th stream/16th jump triplets etc etc.

                        I forgot to add: I think the way FFR measures difficulty of a song is flawed. It seems to me as though songs are measured on their difficulty to AAA, not their difficulty to pass. This leads to some weird things going on (for example: the guy who couldn't pass excite bike. It's an INCREDIBLY easy song to AAA, but to pass is a different story). Even Tass kind of reveals that this is how they measure song difficulty ("No one will ever AAA Eclipse or Death Piano"). The FGO songs are all pretty hard AAA's, but the vast gap in difficulty between say, Caprice and DP is just ridiculous.
                        Last edited by Knoobish; 05-10-2008, 10:17 AM.
                        Originally posted by THE_MAINFRAME
                        actually it is, my parents hate me i have no friends and everyone hates me, fine i will just go kill myself like anyone here gives a fat flying ****, when im dead no one will miss me and no i wont come back because i will be dead. i might as well end it anyway i suck at life i suck at stepmania i cant get a friend...

                        im going to go kill myself...most likely you will all celebrate and party because everyone hates me so much.

                        Comment

                        • shiro_ryuu
                          FFR Player
                          • Apr 2008
                          • 86

                          #27
                          Re: More hard songs, more easy songs

                          Originally posted by omgitznpv
                          and that we do have IOSYS permission beyond Kire Kire Mayoi, right?
                          Yes, Jimerax helped establish the permission, but you have to run it by before you step it:

                          [IOSYS OS] - blanket, but basically need to use shortened version of songs
                          HP - http://www.iosysos.com/
                          (contact me before you step their songs for FFR)

                          Avatar from:
                          Sig Image:

                          Comment

                          • Tasselfoot
                            Retired BOSS
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Jul 2003
                            • 25185

                            #28
                            Re: More hard songs, more easy songs

                            Knoobish: FFR is so easy to pass.... anyone can pass almost any song via educated mashing. Passing isn't really a skill that gets looked at at all, since anyone with at least 100 games played who is moderately skilled and/or intelligent should be able to pass most songs, if not all. The difficulty is based on ability to PA, FC, and AAA. It is really the only way we can be consistent across the board. Passing just isn't a difficulty enough qualifier. Not to mention, as you said... those who are doing the setting of the difficulty have not had a hard time passing ANY song in FFR is a VERY long time.

                            I will often seek input from less skilled users when deciding on a difficulty of easier songs, because I know I'm not right for that difficulty. Anything that is 6 or less is cake for me to AAA almost every time. So I'll consult people who aren't as skilled, like Dronak or devonin or bluguerrilla... all well spoken and long time FFRers who aren't very skilled at the game. They are able to confirm my difficulty as being correct or make recommendations on tweaking it one way or another.
                            RIP

                            Comment

                            • Xx{Midnight}xX
                              FFR Player
                              • Aug 2007
                              • 8548

                              #29
                              Re: More hard songs, more easy songs

                              Death Piano is one of my favorate songs... It's so hard my hands are gunna fall off. It's still worth it though.

                              Comment

                              • nev670
                                FFR Veteran
                                • Aug 2007
                                • 452

                                #30
                                Re: More hard songs, more easy songs

                                lol, how about if you dont have any games played >.<
                                Click >>><<<Click

                                Avg Rank: 174 AAA: 40% FC: 99%
                                nev670 & SnS ^_^ !
                                This video is Dedicated to Tasselfoot
                                Jason Key's Best Friend

                                Comment

                                Working...