More hard songs, more easy songs

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Coolboyrulez0
    VICES
    FFR Simfile Author
    FFR Music Producer
    • Aug 2006
    • 10042

    #31
    Re: More hard songs, more easy songs

    Trust me, my best friend has over 1000 game plays and played for over 1.3 years now yet he still can't FC anything above very easy or pass anything above VC. Most users are like this. I support more easy songs.
    https://soundcloud.com/cbrbreakcore
    https://cbrrecords.bandcamp.com/

    Comment

    • Tasselfoot
      Retired BOSS
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Jul 2003
      • 25185

      #32
      Re: More hard songs, more easy songs

      I don't have an issue with people stepping more easy stuff. Go for it. I mean, realistically... we don't need ANY more songs in game. But I don't have an issue adding stuff other than 8-10s. It just happens that that is what is usually stepped, because most songs that people choose merit files in that difficulty range.
      RIP

      Comment

      • rel89
        FFR Player
        • May 2006
        • 2046

        #33
        Re: More hard songs, more easy songs

        we need rap. like people who can rap really fast. that'd def. be fun to play.
        AAA's: 171 (1 + 9)
        Most recent Godly AAA: Platypus, Koala In The Spider's Web, Intense Colors, Tell, Agenda X
        Average: 535.3877
        Tier Points: 206 (206 + 0 for 167 AAAs)

        SM/GH3/FFR vids

        Comment

        • Knoobish
          alia shawkat
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Oct 2006
          • 362

          #34
          Re: More hard songs, more easy songs

          Originally posted by Tasselfoot
          Knoobish: FFR is so easy to pass.... anyone can pass almost any song via educated mashing. Passing isn't really a skill that gets looked at at all, since anyone with at least 100 games played who is moderately skilled and/or intelligent should be able to pass most songs, if not all. The difficulty is based on ability to PA, FC, and AAA. It is really the only way we can be consistent across the board. Passing just isn't a difficulty enough qualifier. Not to mention, as you said... those who are doing the setting of the difficulty have not had a hard time passing ANY song in FFR is a VERY long time.
          You're right on the difficulty thing: I guess I'm stuck in stepmania mode. To be honest I don't play FFR much at all anymore, but I still like to step music for it.

          @CBR&Tass: The only issue I see with stepping a lot of easy stuff is you lose a lot of FFR veterans. Ok, you can say I'm being elitist, but I guarantee most of the subscribers to the website are pretty good players who have a long-time vested interest in FFR, otherwise they wouldn't just lay down the money. I think if you just constantly add easier (read: anything below FMO) songs to the game, you'll lose a lot of your subscriber base. I know for a fact the only reason I subscribed was to play new songs earlier. To be honest, I really don't care about playing new songs earlier if they're all going to be in this difficulty range: I find that especially in the VD-VC range, there isn't a lot you can do creatively with stepfiles because most of the creative things that can be done involve harder patterns. It's not even fun to step when everything is the same pattern at the same BPM. I know personally I'm going to keep stepping songs that will be FMO-FGO difficulty until some get accepted, because I feel like those are the files that keep people interested.

          Maybe the hard song players are a minority, but I think a lot of that minority is your paying majority. Of course, I don't have the numbers and such that you do to back it up, but I'm pretty sure of my guesses.
          Originally posted by THE_MAINFRAME
          actually it is, my parents hate me i have no friends and everyone hates me, fine i will just go kill myself like anyone here gives a fat flying ****, when im dead no one will miss me and no i wont come back because i will be dead. i might as well end it anyway i suck at life i suck at stepmania i cant get a friend...

          im going to go kill myself...most likely you will all celebrate and party because everyone hates me so much.

          Comment

          • Tasselfoot
            Retired BOSS
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jul 2003
            • 25185

            #35
            Re: More hard songs, more easy songs

            while subscribers may feel that way, and we do seriously care about the opinions of the subscribers... 99% of the site is not subscribers, and 99% of the site can't FC FMOs. I completely understand the desire for more 1-4 difficulty songs for new users.

            At the same time, i think that as a new user plays those 1-4 songs multiple times, they get the hang of it and can progress past it at a fairly quick rate. at least up to the 7-9 range... at which point, many users begin to hit speed bumps and have a harder time improving.

            Basically, there is less replayability in the easier songs.
            RIP

            Comment

            • omgitznpv
              cohoooooon
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Aug 2005
              • 6980

              #36
              Re: More hard songs, more easy songs

              Originally posted by shiro_ryuu
              Yes, Jimerax helped establish the permission, but you have to run it by before you step it:
              if I need to use shortened versions ;_;

              wanted to step full version of usatei D:
              Originally posted by DossarLX ODI
              What's the point of using drugs anyways? I heard they help you relax but that's pretty much it. (Not talking about medicines)

              Comment

              • jimerax
                ★★★★★
                FFR Simfile Author
                FFR Music Producer
                • Nov 2003
                • 8185

                #37
                Re: More hard songs, more easy songs

                Easy files are welcome, but they need a quality/good song choice like harder ones, we don't need random steps that don't match the song well.

                Also they can play widgets for easy files, since they have a lot of easy ones.

                As for IOSYS permission, I'd set 2:30 restriction.
                The author doesn't want us to use full version of his/her songs.

                Comment

                • omgitznpv
                  cohoooooon
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Aug 2005
                  • 6980

                  #38
                  Re: More hard songs, more easy songs

                  Ah, forget it then. Full Usatei is 4:00, but I don't want to step the cut since my ideas for it are somewhat similar to Zagh's file
                  Originally posted by DossarLX ODI
                  What's the point of using drugs anyways? I heard they help you relax but that's pretty much it. (Not talking about medicines)

                  Comment

                  • meno_rocks123
                    FFR Player
                    • Nov 2005
                    • 2324

                    #39
                    Re: More hard songs, more easy songs

                    @knoobish
                    If you lose 10 subscribers because you only add easy songs for two months, but gain 30 subscribers because noobs played the EASY songs, LIKED them, and SUBSCRIBED, then the loss is irrelevant.
                    Most people who subscribe don't subscribe just for songs, they subscribe as a way to donate to the website. Some even continue to subscribe even after they
                    quit the website completely. I know that when I subscribe in the summer (If I can get a paypal by then), I won't be subscribing just for playing songs EARLY. I'll be subscribing to support what synth has dedicated most of his life to.

                    Comment

                    Working...