SPECIAL BATCH [May]: Hard Song Special Batch

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TC_Halogen
    Rhythm game specialist.
    FFR Simfile Author
    FFR Music Producer
    • Feb 2008
    • 19376

    #16
    Re: SPECIAL BATCH [May]: Hard Song Special Batch

    Originally posted by hi19hi19
    Luis and I are going to a Chinese restaurant this batch.
    oh fuck

    Originally posted by hi19hi19
    Honestly, looking through all my files, the irony for me is that this hard songs batch is likely to have easier files than I've submitted in the past few batches.
    All my Reizoko Cj files as well as You Time and some others have been 90+ files, up to 97 or so. So I might focus more on the FMO/low FGO range for the hard songs batch.
    That's just how it goes.

    Also, if I wind up having time after finals I might try to finish up some old collabs that I've been neglecting (Intrusion, Robotomy) we'll see. I might have a job starting the day after my last final which would sorta kill all my time to collab >_<
    If you have any files that are ineligible in difficulty for this batch that can be switched out with eligible files in the other batch, feel free to switch them, just be sure you clearly let me know what's being switched in and out.

    Also, your You Time is 90+? I was stepping that too but goddamn I didn't think it would even be feasible to just chart the 32nd note chips, haha.

    Comment

    • hi19hi19
      lol happy
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Oct 2005
      • 12194

      #17
      Re: SPECIAL BATCH [May]: Hard Song Special Batch

      Originally posted by TC_Halogen
      If you have any files that are ineligible in difficulty for this batch that can be switched out with eligible files in the other batch, feel free to switch them, just be sure you clearly let me know what's being switched in and out.
      I might take that liberty with /a/ which I submitted for the Mar-April batch. The other four files are fine as they are. I'll let you know extremely specifically once I finish working on my hard song batch files (probably in a few weeks)

      Originally posted by TC_Halogen
      Also, your You Time is 90+? I was stepping that too but goddamn I didn't think it would even be feasible to just chart the 32nd note chips, haha.
      Might be pushing it with 90+, I'm not that great at telling difficulties at the high end. Maybe 88-89, I guess I can confidently say 85+. And the Reizoko Cj files are 90+ for sure lol
      I can get an A on it, the bursts aren't that hard to read, but I imagine they are pretty brutal to PA... I went pretty hard with the 32nds. I can send you the file, I think you'll like it.

      Originally posted by TC_Halogen
      oh fuck


      Comment

      • gold stinger
        Signature Extraordinare~~
        Event Staff
        Game Manager
        FFR Simfile Author
        FFR Music Producer
        Global Moderator
        • Jan 2007
        • 6429

        #18
        Re: SPECIAL BATCH [May]: Hard Song Special Batch

        Originally posted by hi19hi19
        Luis and I are going to a Chinese restaurant this batch.
        crying internally
        Originally posted by YoshL
        butts.


        - Tosh 2014






        Comment

        • Tidus810
          slimy, yet ... satisfying
          FFR Simfile Author
          • May 2007
          • 1244

          #19
          Re: SPECIAL BATCH [May]: Hard Song Special Batch

          Hey, maybe I'll resubmit the same file I sent to the last hard song batch hahah. (i. e. 7+ minutes of Between the Buried and Me)

          Comment

          • I like it
            Housekeeper
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jan 2007
            • 2123

            #20
            Re: SPECIAL BATCH [May]: Hard Song Special Batch

            Originally posted by L.B.D.D
            so like if my cap is 4 and if i send 2 to regular batch

            i can only send 2 here ?
            Originally posted by Wayward Vagabond
            So are sap points done based on each individual batch submission or is it joined?

            Like if I submit 5 files to the regular batch am I still able to submit another 5 files to the hard batch and monster batch?

            Comment

            • choof
              Banned
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Nov 2013
              • 8563

              #21
              Re: SPECIAL BATCH [May]: Hard Song Special Batch

              sending die winnipeg die die die fuckers die

              Comment

              • M0nkeyz
                Simfile Judge
                FFR Simfile Author
                • May 2013
                • 482

                #22
                Re: SPECIAL BATCH [May]: Hard Song Special Batch

                I would love to try my hand on Tut Tut child - singularity
                could be a hard jack file

                Comment

                • TC_Halogen
                  Rhythm game specialist.
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  FFR Music Producer
                  • Feb 2008
                  • 19376

                  #23
                  Re: SPECIAL BATCH [May]: Hard Song Special Batch

                  Alright, so there seems to be a lot of confusion with the way this works, so I'm going to address it really quickly. First off, the special batch only counts for May, but a batch period is two months (May/June). There are no batches dedicated specifically for Monstercat -- you can submit Monstercat files during the hard batch in May, the regular batch (of the same period) in June, or, until the 15th of May, into the March/April batch, as it was extended to potentially allow people to submit files there. Continuing on:

                  The March/April batch has been extended to the 14th of May, so that people who have remaining slots in the regular batch can submit their Monstercat related stuff (or anything else for that matter) to fill up their cap for the months of March/April. If you have already filled your cap for that month, you are not eligible to submit files for that month anymore.

                  The May/June period encompasses two different months, and the first month of the two is specifically hard files only. If you don't have any hard files that you want to submit to the hard songs batch being held in May, you will hold off on submitting until June, after the hard songs batch has ended.

                  Originally posted by L.B.D.D
                  so like if my cap is 4 and if i send 2 to regular batch

                  i can only send 2 here ?
                  Originally posted by Wayward Vagabond
                  So are sap points done based on each individual batch submission or is it joined?

                  Like if I submit 5 files to the regular batch am I still able to submit another 5 files to the hard batch and monster batch?
                  Originally posted by VisD
                  This hard batch is the Monster batch but otherwise yeah from what I understood

                  PS Monster batch is a great name. Can we get a rename on this please and tyvm
                  If you haven't submitted anything for March and April, you can fill your cap for that month by sending files to the regular e-mail until May 15th. If you have filled your cap for that month, then you will only have whatever your cap is for the months of May and June.

                  Taking Anaru's situation into consideration (feel free to apply situation for your own SAP): if you submit your cap of four files for the hard songs batch, then you will have no files remaining for the month of June because May and June are in the same batch period (see the original post, and/or the Queue/Batch Discussion thread's OP for batch period outlining). This is no different than how the batches have been before in terms of how many files can be sent over a two-month period, the only difference is that this batch is intending to rack in harder songs as opposed to the general mix.

                  Comment

                  • L.B.D.D
                    FFR Player
                    • Aug 2013
                    • 2949

                    #24
                    Re: SPECIAL BATCH [May]: Hard Song Special Batch

                    k cool






                    junglist

                    Comment

                    • chiliman93
                      I FUCKING LOVE CAKE
                      • Nov 2006
                      • 62

                      #25
                      Re: SPECIAL BATCH [May]: Hard Song Special Batch

                      I just figured out AFTER sending my Monstercat stepfile that it needs to be 72 or higher, and my file is probably sitting between 62 and 65. *sigh*...

                      Guess I'll have to wait until june. :c
                      https://soundcloud.com/emblue/storm
                      Check out my Soundcloud for more!
                      ___________________________
                      Originally posted by PopularGuy
                      Somewhat funny quote that nobody except a few can understand

                      Comment

                      • TC_Halogen
                        Rhythm game specialist.
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        FFR Music Producer
                        • Feb 2008
                        • 19376

                        #26
                        Re: SPECIAL BATCH [May]: Hard Song Special Batch

                        If you haven't submitted anything into the previous batch (March/April), you're still within the extension period and can submit it for inclusion there.

                        Comment

                        • L.B.D.D
                          FFR Player
                          • Aug 2013
                          • 2949

                          #27
                          Re: SPECIAL BATCH [May]: Hard Song Special Batch

                          song lenght limit is still like 8:54 or something right

                          ugh

                          Comment

                          • TC_Halogen
                            Rhythm game specialist.
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            FFR Music Producer
                            • Feb 2008
                            • 19376

                            #28
                            Re: SPECIAL BATCH [May]: Hard Song Special Batch

                            Yes, for the sake of the older engines, the length limit is 16,000 frames; 16,000 / 30 fps = 533.33... seconds, or 8:53 + 1/3 second.

                            Comment

                            • XelNya
                              [Kaho]
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Sep 2012
                              • 3369

                              #29
                              Re: SPECIAL BATCH [May]: Hard Song Special Batch

                              I just remembered I have a file for this. I'd been saving it for this.

                              It feels nostalgic almost to sub it.

                              Edit: I'm sorry. Sent. :3
                              Last edited by XelNya; 05-14-2014, 09:17 PM.

                              Comment

                              • bmah
                                shots FIRED
                                Profile Moderator
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                Global Moderator
                                • Oct 2003
                                • 8448

                                #30
                                Re: SPECIAL BATCH [May]: Hard Song Special Batch

                                Sent Tuk Tuk Boshi. Possibly my only file for this hard batch.

                                Comment

                                Working...