SPECIAL BATCH [May]: Hard Song Special Batch

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TC_Halogen
    Rhythm game specialist.
    FFR Simfile Author
    FFR Music Producer
    • Feb 2008
    • 19376

    #46
    Re: SPECIAL BATCH [May]: Hard Song Special Batch

    Originally posted by bmah

    I did not orchestrate this batch, but I would suggest that files rejected due to an inappropriate difficulty should not count against simfilers as submissions for this reason. Also, the difficulty line for hard batches in the past was lower (I recall 68+ or something like that was acceptable, but now it's 72).
    Oh, of course. I should have said that they would be removed from this particular batch as opposed to rejected (or simply shifted to the June batch). Thanks for bringing that up, though -- I'll definitely take that into account.

    Comment

    • Tidus810
      slimy, yet ... satisfying
      FFR Simfile Author
      • May 2007
      • 1244

      #47
      Re: SPECIAL BATCH [May]: Hard Song Special Batch

      And on that last day of May, in the year 2014, Tidus810 submitted a single file to FFR's Hard Song Batch. And this file would contain no less than 4848 arrows.


      it went okay


      (btw if for some odd reason the .dwi is randomly offset by a 192nd towards the end of the file please ignore it and refer to the .sm, kthx.)

      Comment

      • HeZe
        FFR Veteran
        • Jul 2006
        • 556

        #48
        Re: SPECIAL BATCH [May]: Hard Song Special Batch

        File submitted!

        Something cool from goreshit <3

        Originally posted by ilikexd
        Your strengths and weaknesses may never change, but they will still get better as you do, albeit disproportionately of course. You're bad at jumpstream, so just play jumpstream files. Play them for hours. Play ones you have to struggle to SDG, and play ones hard enough to make your hands and arms burn. Then play them some more. Then, the day after the next, play them again. If you aren't already doing this, you can't say you're stuck. Plateauing doesn't really exist, if you aren't improving it means you haven't put in the effort needed to improve, or your effort has been misapplied. It's more of a problem at really high levels, but never totally concrete.

        Comment

        • hi19hi19
          lol happy
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Oct 2005
          • 12194

          #49
          Re: SPECIAL BATCH [May]: Hard Song Special Batch

          Sending my files for this batch now. Got 3 somewhat normal files and also a Chinese Restaurant.

          I want to make it really clear again that my files for March/April should be:
          Cheat Codes
          DARK KNIGHT
          Full Mast
          Synchronized Hearts
          Rape

          Since there was that 2 weeks that we could switch, I hope nothing gets confused with the four files I've sent for this batch.


          Comment

          • DossarLX ODI
            Batch Manager
            Game Manager
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Mar 2008
            • 15013

            #50
            Re: SPECIAL BATCH [May]: Hard Song Special Batch

            For reference, Firstaidvision is a submission for the Hard Songs Batch. My submissions then are:
            - Firstaidvision
            - Rave 1
            - this will be the sales event of the year
            Originally posted by hi19hi19
            oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

            Comment

            • XelNya
              [Kaho]
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Sep 2012
              • 3369

              #51
              Re: SPECIAL BATCH [May]: Hard Song Special Batch

              Originally posted by HeZe
              File submitted!

              Something cool from goreshit <3
              I swear to god if you beat me to stepping Tsukasa Recorder I will be so sad.

              That said I only sent two in for this because I have a Monstercat file I wanna use for June.

              Sent in:

              Speedcore 300
              Leave The Killing To Me (Overworld#3)

              Comment

              • hi19hi19
                lol happy
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Oct 2005
                • 12194

                #52
                Re: SPECIAL BATCH [May]: Hard Song Special Batch

                Originally posted by DossarLX ODI
                - Firstaidvision
                I love that you actually stepped this.
                It's like... happy irony to me, considering it all started from a joke file.

                I hope the file is super legit and gets straight 10s, that'd be even more ironic actually.


                Comment

                • ilikexd
                  ​
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Apr 2006
                  • 3209

                  #53
                  Re: SPECIAL BATCH [May]: Hard Song Special Batch

                  Originally posted by hi19hi19
                  Luis and I are going to a Chinese restaurant this batch.
                  the dream is dead

                  Comment

                  • samurai7694
                    바보
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Aug 2008
                    • 4640

                    #54
                    Re: SPECIAL BATCH [May]: Hard Song Special Batch

                    Originally posted by hi19hi19
                    Luis and I are going to a Chinese restaurant this batch.
                    Last I remember, you fixed up a lot of stuff. I take full blame for the shit patterns in the second half in the "original version".

                    Comment

                    • hi19hi19
                      lol happy
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 12194

                      #55
                      Re: SPECIAL BATCH [May]: Hard Song Special Batch

                      Ya I fixed a little more this morning. Shoulda sent it to you today but I was busy because I just got my college acceptance packet this afternoon and some shit in it was due by June 1st so I had to deal with that lol.


                      Comment

                      • rCaliberGX
                        D7 Elite Keymasher
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Jun 2012
                        • 2337

                        #56
                        Re: SPECIAL BATCH [May]: Hard Song Special Batch

                        I was going to send Happy End of the World again because I forgot to add some missing notes but ok

                        Released!

                        Originally posted by Wayward Vagabond
                        you look like you're dSucks

                        Comment

                        • HeZe
                          FFR Veteran
                          • Jul 2006
                          • 556

                          #57
                          Re: SPECIAL BATCH [May]: Hard Song Special Batch

                          Originally posted by XelNya
                          I swear to god if you beat me to stepping Tsukasa Recorder I will be so sad.

                          That said I only sent two in for this because I have a Monstercat file I wanna use for June.

                          Sent in:

                          Speedcore 300
                          Leave The Killing To Me (Overworld#3)
                          Nah, keep your Tsukasa Recorder. I just listened to it and that has nice potential for really good steps.

                          My submission is retard fish frog.
                          Last edited by HeZe; 06-1-2014, 03:09 AM.

                          Originally posted by ilikexd
                          Your strengths and weaknesses may never change, but they will still get better as you do, albeit disproportionately of course. You're bad at jumpstream, so just play jumpstream files. Play them for hours. Play ones you have to struggle to SDG, and play ones hard enough to make your hands and arms burn. Then play them some more. Then, the day after the next, play them again. If you aren't already doing this, you can't say you're stuck. Plateauing doesn't really exist, if you aren't improving it means you haven't put in the effort needed to improve, or your effort has been misapplied. It's more of a problem at really high levels, but never totally concrete.

                          Comment

                          • TC_Halogen
                            Rhythm game specialist.
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            FFR Music Producer
                            • Feb 2008
                            • 19376

                            #58
                            Re: SPECIAL BATCH [May]: Hard Song Special Batch

                            Batch ended this morning. Anything that was sent before this point will be in the Hard Songs batch. Thanks for submitting, guys! Sticky has been removed.

                            Comment

                            Working...