SPECIAL BATCH [May]: Hard Song Special Batch

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • hi19hi19
    lol happy
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Oct 2005
    • 12194

    #31
    Re: SPECIAL BATCH [May]: Hard Song Special Batch

    Originally posted by bmah
    Sent Tuk Tuk Boshi. Possibly my only file for this hard batch.
    Interested to see how you stepped this considering everything I tried wound up being a JS dump of various forms, with periodic roll walls
    aka not worth submitting

    Did you do some crazy shit like step the sound effects as 24ths or something because that would be pretty hot if you did


    Comment

    • bmah
      shots FIRED
      Profile Moderator
      FFR Simfile Author
      Global Moderator
      • Oct 2003
      • 8448

      #32
      Re: SPECIAL BATCH [May]: Hard Song Special Batch

      I did controlled layering to not have the file some extremely long 16th js stream. There is emphasis on jumpgluts (particularly the last part of the song), but it's structured in a sensible way, I would think.

      The bursts are actually 64th sounds, but they're stepped as 32nds.

      Comment

      • hi19hi19
        lol happy
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Oct 2005
        • 12194

        #33
        Re: SPECIAL BATCH [May]: Hard Song Special Batch

        Originally posted by bmah
        but they're stepped as 32nds.
        oh boy


        Comment

        • ilikexd
          ​
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Apr 2006
          • 3209

          #34
          Re: SPECIAL BATCH [May]: Hard Song Special Batch

          Originally posted by ilikexd
          sending

          OSTER project - a white cat sings lovely jazz waltz (collab between jx and i)
          t+pazolite - (the title is) too long to write here.
          pan dimensional donkey queefs - jammin'
          cosmo - shin sekai
          the quick brown fox - serious shit
          i sent these to the normal e-mail, i guess i should be sending them to this batch, they're all hard enough anyway

          Comment

          • Reshiram
            The Vast White Note
            FFR Simfile Author
            • May 2011
            • 1224

            #35
            Re: SPECIAL BATCH [May]: Hard Song Special Batch

            Sending:
            Double KO - Sabrepulse
            Blue Zenith - xi

            Comment

            • L.B.D.D
              FFR Player
              • Aug 2013
              • 2949

              #36
              Re: SPECIAL BATCH [May]: Hard Song Special Batch

              blue zeniTh..

              Comment

              • t-rogdor
                tane orb
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Jun 2007
                • 2685

                #37
                Re: SPECIAL BATCH [May]: Hard Song Special Batch

                o dam
                was i supposed to uhhhhhhhhhh
                send potential tournament files to this batch or the other one or what

                this is goddamn confusing lmfao
                Originally posted by cetaka
                I saw a flyer on a bulletin board at school asking for high-functioning aspergers/autism people to participate in some kind of experiment, and all I could think was, that sounds like a great place to meet girls.

                Comment

                • FFR Pro 21
                  FFR R1 Vaporeon
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Jul 2009
                  • 1536

                  #38
                  Re: SPECIAL BATCH [May]: Hard Song Special Batch

                  Alright.

                  Sent in Hajnal 2 - Venetian Snares.

                  Will most likely be my only submission for this batch.





                  Comment

                  • TC_Halogen
                    Rhythm game specialist.
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    FFR Music Producer
                    • Feb 2008
                    • 19376

                    #39
                    Re: SPECIAL BATCH [May]: Hard Song Special Batch

                    Originally posted by t-rogdor
                    o dam
                    was i supposed to uhhhhhhhhhh
                    send potential tournament files to this batch or the other one or what

                    this is goddamn confusing lmfao
                    Potential tournament files has nothing to do with the separation of the batches -- if you get a file accepted in either of the batches and I feel like it's tournament worthy, it's not going to matter. The purpose of realigning files to their appropriate batches is to allow simfile artists to have more SAP flexibility if they didn't have their cap filled for March and April.

                    Put simply: having files in a particular batch is not going to change whether or not they're used in the tournament -- that will be at my discretion regardless of where the files are.

                    Comment

                    • t-rogdor
                      tane orb
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Jun 2007
                      • 2685

                      #40
                      Re: SPECIAL BATCH [May]: Hard Song Special Batch

                      sick
                      Originally posted by cetaka
                      I saw a flyer on a bulletin board at school asking for high-functioning aspergers/autism people to participate in some kind of experiment, and all I could think was, that sounds like a great place to meet girls.

                      Comment

                      • TC_Halogen
                        Rhythm game specialist.
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        FFR Music Producer
                        • Feb 2008
                        • 19376

                        #41
                        Re: SPECIAL BATCH [May]: Hard Song Special Batch

                        I know that there's been little activity, but I'm gonna make a note here -- you have until end of day tomorrow to send any submissions.

                        Comment

                        • XelNya
                          [Kaho]
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Sep 2012
                          • 3369

                          #42
                          Re: SPECIAL BATCH [May]: Hard Song Special Batch

                          If a file is considered "not hard enough" does it still count against us as a submission?

                          Comment

                          • bmah
                            shots FIRED
                            Profile Moderator
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            Global Moderator
                            • Oct 2003
                            • 8448

                            #43
                            Re: SPECIAL BATCH [May]: Hard Song Special Batch

                            I think that's a fair question. In the past, I believe it still counted as a submission, but note that it was only this particular special batch that seem to have combined submission counts along with regular submissions. Until now, special batches always had a 1-3 file submission limit that was indepedent of regular batches.

                            I did not orchestrate this batch, but I would suggest that files rejected due to an inappropriate difficulty should not count against simfilers as submissions for this reason. Also, the difficulty line for hard batches in the past was lower (I recall 68+ or something like that was acceptable, but now it's 72).
                            Last edited by bmah; 05-30-2014, 06:51 PM.

                            Comment

                            • XelNya
                              [Kaho]
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Sep 2012
                              • 3369

                              #44
                              Re: SPECIAL BATCH [May]: Hard Song Special Batch

                              Originally posted by bmah
                              I would suggest that files rejected due to an inappropriate difficulty should not count against simfilers as submissions for this reason.
                              To me it's more commonsense it wouldn't count against you, but I asked only in the off chance it does. Good to know that someone else agrees with me though.

                              Covering the bases so to speak.

                              Comment

                              • rCaliberGX
                                D7 Elite Keymasher
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Jun 2012
                                • 2337

                                #45
                                Re: SPECIAL BATCH [May]: Hard Song Special Batch

                                Sent:
                                cosMo@BousouP - For UltraPlayers (without the SDVX effects because they sound like ass on these songs)
                                xi - Happy End of the World (uncut)

                                ps i'll send TLDNE fixes tomorrow

                                Released!

                                Originally posted by Wayward Vagabond
                                you look like you're dSucks

                                Comment

                                Working...