Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2022, 10:41 AM   #11
M0nkeyz
Simfile Judge
Simfile JudgeDifficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: StepCon 2022

Decided to post my notes, I feel most people have voted at this point and you can't exactly infer what I voted for from my notes since I voted for multiple entries in all groups.

BUBBLES 1: The 1 note graces were pretty cool and the chart was pretty solid, I just wish you were a little more experimental in your approach. It felt a bit safe to me.
BUBBLES 2: Obviously a dump approach to the song, not sure if the dumped arrows represent the music too well in all spots, but the patterns were pretty satisfying to hit and the chart overall felt pretty solid. I think FFR in general doesn't accept charts like these too often but I liked it.
BUBBLES 3: This was great all across the board, there may have been some technical inaccuracies(hard to tell without opening up the file really), but this is just super satisfying to play. Great job!
BUBBLES 4: I feel this chart could've paid a bit more attention to the drums. There were some interesting rhythms you could've highlighted here. Nonetheless like most of the charts in this group this was pretty solid.

If You Can't Hang 1: Very enjoyable, especially the anchors with the jumps. Nothing negative to say about this chart. My only small tiny complaint is that PR on the hands was a bit questionable and the usage of hands in general felt a bit aggressive, other than that tho, very nice!
If You Can't Hang 2: File felt a bit underlayered. I understand this may have been a concious decision, but it didn't feel appropriate for the song. I caught a couple of missed flams as well. I feel the energy of the chart kinda remained the same throughout and could've been a bit more dynamic.
If You Can't Hang 3: This file captured the rhythms of the song pretty well, but I felt some parts were overlayered in relation to the rest of the chart, especially in the beginning.
If You Can't Hang 4: The difficulty curve of this file is pretty weird. It has a minimalistic approach, but then you have these extremely fast jacks and super long trills near the end of it. I thought the syncopation with the 16ths didn't really work for the vocals. It just didn't capture the intensity of the music very well imo.
If You Can't Hang 5: This was a pretty safe approach to the song, I think one thing this file does particularly well is follow the intensity of the music, but it could've experimented with different patterns a bit more.
If You Can't Hang 6: LMAO, the patterns in this were unironically pretty satisfying haha, but man that was evil. This file definitely stands out, but the intensity almost felt dumpy. I think I would describe this file as overly aggressive, but satisfying at the same time.
If You Can't Hang 7: I'm all for well contructed dumps, but the intensity of the chart felt pretty random. And I feel the purpose of dumping is capturing the intensity and feel of the music, which this chart doesn't.
If You Can't Hang 8: Very solid, definitely one of the better charts in the group.

Passing You By 1: I feel there was a good idea behind this chart, but it lacked in its execution of PR/rhythms and difficulty curve.
Passing You By 2: Solid chart, a bit safe in its approach and I noticed some missed opportunities for jacks.
Passing You By 3: The patterns in this are pretty cool, PR was definitely a bit iffy at times and the middle with the 8th notes felt a bit off, but overall this was pretty enjoyable.
Passing You By 4: HOLY SHIT, this was good. One of my favorite stepcon files so far PERIOD. The intensity going up towards the end felt appropriate as well.
Passing You By 5: Very solid, really liked what you did with the 64th/32nd jacks.
Passing You By 6: Hardest entry for this song, pretty solid as well.

Koneko's Cafe 1: Cute song, cute chart, what more can be said? It dragged a little because of a lack in variation of patterns.
Koneko's Cafe 2: This certainly didn't drag, but if you're gonna submit a 0:22 second entry it better be flawless, unfortunately the anchors were too long and PR wasn't perfect. Submitting a short version isn't a bad idea, but it didn't really stand out for reasons other than the length.
Koneko's Cafe 3: Solid cut, some of the notes felt like ghost notes(this might just be my headphones tho), but the patterns in this were super satisfying to play.
Koneko's Cafe 4: I felt this chart wasn't really dynamic enough for my taste and because you nerfed the ''trilly'' sounds the song felt same-y. It could've benefited from a cut.
Koneko's Cafe 5: That was soooo good. Interesting patterns, good use of bpm gimmicks and just the right song length.
Koneko's Cafe 6: Can't fault you for taking a more ''easy'' approach to this song, but I felt you missed so many opportunities for cool rhythms. It played fine, but didn't really stand out to me.

Last edited by M0nkeyz; 04-18-2022 at 11:04 AM..
M0nkeyz is offline   Reply With Quote