Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2019, 09:51 PM   #1
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default FFR has enough sub communities, so we should just have our own umbrella of podcasts

Activity on the site (mostly forums) is not what it use to be. I think this is probably because people don't really search for new music games/simfiles/DDR news much like 10 years back and I never hear of FFR really expanding out of it's bubble/reaching out to potential newcomers to come hang and discuss things on the site. It got me to thinking if there was a way to change any of that and maybe pump some new blood on here/generate interest.

So it was either revive Bemani as a thing or suggest that we do some sort of activity that pushes past the bounds of the forums themselves. I am hereby officially opting to pitch the second.

A lot of the appeal here is talking with a group about shared interest, rather that's the gamers talking about new releases, the musicians chatting on obscure releases they are getting into, the artist on here musing about whatever people with talent in art talk about (I wouldn't know) or just us randos who want to invite some weird meme discussion and see how far we can run with it. While I am sure most of us have our own unique reasons for being at the site I think the conversations with the people we've come to love on the site is what keeps us all here. When I want to express to people what I still do logging into this close to 20 year old site is how we have a lot of members with a lot of different viewpoints who all are (sometimes too) willing to share their insights, and that's ultimately a net positive for our internet dwelling lives. In trying to think of the best ways to express that without linking threads that would more then likely seem out of context for those not already familiar with existing members (we hella casual here guys) would be if we all took part in a podcast.

But not just one mishmash Frankenstein of a catch all podcast: A family of specific ones, each taking a subject dear to the members with it's own roundtable crew.

Imagine, for example, we had 4 ongoing series on something like anchor.fm or Soundcloud; one for music, one for games, one for art/drawing and another for anime/weeby meme shit. Each one had a cast from here that tried to do at least one episode a month, meaning we had four different ones per month--or one per week for the project as a whole (without people having to rush and record every week, since it's a group effort). I bet traffic for those sites is much more then FFR gets just on it's own, and we could use the shows as a way to try and redirect people interested in the topics/batshitcrazy personalites to the site proper.

We get to do another project that involves us hanging out in discord chat and shooting the shit, site gets an influx of new blood, and FFR doesn't have to shrivel up and die before it's legal drinking age. Actual cast in these episodes could rotate in and out if there's demand and because it's audio only there isn't any serious editing that's needed. Other then trying to just tell people FFR still exist and to make an account, this seems like the perfect way to get ourselves out there to mingle.

thoughts?

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote