Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 05:19 PM   #1
Flesh Field
FFR Player

Default Where do you go when you die?

I know it's somewhat a silly topic, but honestly where do we go when we die? Some say that your soul floats up, reaching the heavens and that's where you spend the rest of your life. Others say that you are reincarnated others say you go to the stars.

I think the third is the most logical seeing that us as humans are an energy and an energy cannot be destroyed.

Please post your opinions and thoughts.
Old 06-15-2007, 05:23 PM   #2
Snapps
NO DOUBT GET LOUD
FFR Simfile Author

Default Re: Where do you go when you die?

A grave.
Old 06-15-2007, 05:34 PM   #3
AeonShadow

Send a message via AIM to AeonShadow Send a message via MSN to AeonShadow Send a message via Yahoo to AeonShadow Send a message via Skype™ to AeonShadow

You go to a spiritual world; such as of thumbs down or thumbs up, lets just put it that way. I got nothing, blah blah blah.
Old 06-15-2007, 05:43 PM   #4
ledwix
Giant Pi Operator
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ledwix Send a message via Yahoo to ledwix

There's no real way to debate this; it depends mostly on your core beliefs. I myself believe I will go to heaven.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:12 PM   #5
Engler
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I agree with LX. I'm a Catholic, but even if my beliefs are totally skewed, I at least hope there is another world beyond Earth where you can be reunited with your loved ones.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:19 PM   #6
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Quote:
I think the third is the most logical seeing that us as humans are an energy and an energy cannot be destroyed.
"Energy cannot be created or destroyed it can only change form" is the general concept I think you are looking for.

Your body decomposes, releasing heat energy, and is eaten which converts the matter into various forms of energy needed by the thing eating you as you are metalbolized.

I don't see how anything "goes to the stars" when the process of biological death and decomposition are perfectly well understood and account for the energy you want beaming up.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:29 PM   #7
FuzenAkuma
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to FuzenAkuma Send a message via MSN to FuzenAkuma

j00 go 2 owter $p4c3 and den u go throo dis theen wer u LUEz ur memreez n den u get burn gen
Old 06-15-2007, 06:53 PM   #8
stfuitsbrandon
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to stfuitsbrandon

you get moved to the top of my to do list. ;]

srsly, dis wuz epik b ond buhleaf
Old 06-15-2007, 08:31 PM   #9
NeoDarkHeart
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to NeoDarkHeart Send a message via MSN to NeoDarkHeart Send a message via Yahoo to NeoDarkHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by stfuitsbrandon View Post
you get moved to the top of my to do list. ;]
Kinda gross, kinda kinky.

To explain adequately, I would have to explain what happens when I dream. In my dreams, I live a separate life. I'm almost always the same person, and the dream plays out like (flameshield on!) some sort of anime or video game.

Thing is, I don't remember exactly what my dreams are about. I just wake up feeling odd, like if I remember something bad happening in my dream, I'll be sad in my dream and then I'll be sad when I wake up, like it really happened to me. Same with happiness and anger etc, etc.

I'd like to think that, when I die, I somehow reverse positions. My consciousness becomes the dream version of me, and when he sleeps, he dreams of my current life.

I have no evidence to back this up, I have no religious texts, I don't even have a crazy person on the side of the street saying it's true - though I'm sure I could find one.

It's just what I wish to happen. I can't conceive of a true 'heaven' where everyone who goes there is happy, and I can't believe that a just god would even create hell unless it's an extension of heaven for people that wanted to go there for whatever reason. So my third option is to live my unconscious, dream version of my waking life as my true life, if for nothing but to really understand what goes on in that life while I sleep, because I get the feeling that it's really interesting to live such a life.

Stats
You were my witness, my eyes, my evidence.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:34 PM   #10
ShAiOnEi
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ShAiOnEi Send a message via Yahoo to ShAiOnEi

You stay at Disney World until you're put where you belong.

Epic thread killer
Old 06-15-2007, 08:35 PM   #11
Grandiagod
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Grandiagod Send a message via MSN to Grandiagod

You rest upon my cosmic penis for all eternity.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:36 PM   #12
Marxx
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

where do you go when you die......mmmmmmmmmm........................i know, now where just where you die unless you get sent to a graveyard
Old 06-15-2007, 08:54 PM   #13
purebloodtexan
FFR Player

Location: In front of the speakers, banging my head until I get a nosebleed.
Send a message via AIM to purebloodtexan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeonShadow View Post
You go to a spiritual world; such as of thumbs down or thumbs up, lets just put it that way. I got nothing, blah blah blah.
Try again, Aeon.

Anyway, as Ledwix said, it's a matter of faith; nothing more, nothing less. Personally, I believe in heaven, but not the whole "souls float into the stars" thing.

Old 06-15-2007, 09:01 PM   #14
nanahs
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

ok here is what i want you to do.

first look down.........you see that.......thats where you go........you end up there next to a bunch of old dead people.

now if ur talkin spirtuality then u go to heaven. it a given fact and everyone knows that. if you dont believe then u dont go so ha.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:04 PM   #15
NeoDarkHeart
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to NeoDarkHeart Send a message via MSN to NeoDarkHeart Send a message via Yahoo to NeoDarkHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanahs View Post
ok here is what i want you to do.

first look down.........you see that.......thats where you go........you end up there next to a bunch of old dead people.

now if ur talkin spirtuality then u go to heaven. it a given fact and everyone knows that. if you dont believe then u dont go so ha.
So profound, openminded, and philosophical.

This man is my new mentor. Everyone, leave this thread so me and my mentor can cyber in peace.

Stats
Old 06-15-2007, 09:19 PM   #16
MeaCulpa
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MeaCulpa

The more I think about this, the more depressing it seems. Because that's what it is to me, just nothingness.

The whole concept of going to heaven and being reunited with lost loved ones is such an ideal idea, but the emotions and memories we acquire are products of neural activity, which ceases upon death. So then, what's left? In my opinion, you can't really know, because you have no brain to sense anything when you die. You just cease to exist.

Now, an interesting thought that I've had for years is that when we cease this existence, we eventually live a new life, with no recollection whatsoever of our previous existences.

Frankly though, the thought of death scares me the slightest bit because of this very issue.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:26 PM   #17
NeoDarkHeart
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeaCulpa View Post
The more I think about this, the more depressing it seems. Because that's what it is to me, just nothingness.

The whole concept of going to heaven and being reunited with lost loved ones is such an ideal idea, but the emotions and memories we acquire are products of neural activity, which ceases upon death. So then, what's left? In my opinion, you can't really know, because you have no brain to sense anything when you die. You just cease to exist.

Now, an interesting thought that I've had for years is that when we cease this existence, we eventually live a new life, with no recollection whatsoever of our previous existences.

Frankly though, the thought of death scares me the slightest bit because of this very issue.
You mean, reincarnation? Yeah, I think someone beat you to that idea. By a lot. I mean, quite a bit of time ahead of you. =)

The whole "scared of death because it's unknown and could be a bad thing forever" thing is why I think many people cling to whichever particular religion or theology they happen to cling to. Kinda takes the scariness out of it, like "Yeah, dying isn't that bad... if you live this way. If you don't, it's TERRIBLE!" "Ho ****, I better change so my afterlife isn't terrible!" "Damn skippy."

Stats
Old 06-15-2007, 09:33 PM   #18
purebloodtexan
FFR Player

Location: In front of the speakers, banging my head until I get a nosebleed.
Send a message via AIM to purebloodtexan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeaCulpa View Post
That's kinda what I'm thinking.

It's topics like these that usually scare me half to death.

Old 06-15-2007, 09:35 PM   #19
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

Wasn't there a thread on this before?

Your perception of reality stems from your neural activity. When you die, your brain no longer functions and what gives you a consciousness ceases to function.

In order for anything to happen, at least from your perspective, it would have to involve some mystical voodoo.

The human concept of heaven is derived from our desire to be permanent and a special case seperate from physical laws. However, although the essence is always perserved through the energy it carries, everything dies. The universe, and everything in it is impermanent and quite frankly I see no reason to believe we should be any different.

It would be nice if something did happen, though ^^
Old 06-15-2007, 09:36 PM   #20
MeaCulpa
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MeaCulpa

The term "reincarnation" to me implies that the two existences are related to one another, which ties into the whole predestination argument. But I suppose the OP could have also been describing what I said as well.
Closed Thread