Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2014, 02:23 PM   #1
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger
Default My Life is a Drama

Figured I'd start to write about my life here now because it's just absolutely full of drama, and I think there's enough of it to make a valid thread. I've always flicked through shows on TV and see TV dramas and how messed up life is over there and how they cope with it, but never thought that my life would end up in a similar fashion.

To put it simply: My aunt is a drunk. She loves to drink, and so does her husband, or at least he did. He passed away not too long ago, and she's drinking for mourning. She drinks the same beer that he used to drink, and gets aggressive, and arguments & fights break out when she's had too much, whether me or my family is around to see it happen or not.

Below in spoilers are somewhat an archive of stories as they happen since I've moved in at the end of August 2014 as well as my aunt's antics.

Back in July, my brother was thrown an opportunity to move up to Peterborough for a bit to help my aunt do some work on her house with her. Over the month that she needed the help, she offered free rent, free food, water, heat, hydro etc. She even offered to give him free driving lessons while he's over there. She was really begging because she didn't have anyone else. My brother jumped on the opportunity without thinking about how she was the biggest drunkard I've ever known in my life. The thing that set me off though on the decision was that he decided to quit his full-time job, say goodbye to all of his friends & connections, and leave his family behind to go live with my aunt permanently. She was offering $450 a month too so I can understand why he jumped so quickly, but he gave up so much stuff for the decision it wasn't worth it to me.

I suggested to my brother a bit later that he should only go up there for about 2-4 weeks to see exactly how living with my aunt was like, but at the time said that he had already quit his full time job, and he was going there and that was his final decision. Talk about irrational. The entire time that he was down there, all we heard was arguing & fights between my aunt, and my brother & his friend which he also took along for the ride. I wasn't happy to hear all of this stuff going on, so I had the crazy idea of the rest of my family (including me and my mom) moving in with my brother as well to give him some support in the situations he was dealing with.

On the day of the move at the end of August, it turned out that we had too small of a moving truck, and we were going to end up leaving about half of our stuff behind, most of it furniture. So if we had to move out extremely quickly from my aunt's house, we'd be sleeping on the floor in whatever other place we are able to get. We had a couple of people help us move in, and the lot of our stuff is being stored in my aunt's garage that she doesn't use. The majority of furniture in our new rooms is being supplied by my aunt. That's about it.

Moved into a new house with my aunt about a week ago, things are getting planned, stuff is trying to be caught up on. My aunt has seen better years, and my brother & his friend had moved in earlier than me and my mom, meaning there were 5 people in the house, with my aunt being the landlord for the house. She owns the house outright.

From stuff that I've heard over the phone from my brother, my aunt doesn't even see my brother's friend as a human being. No acknowledgement,no appreciation, no understanding, no respect. A fight broke out over a painted awning between my aunt and my brother's friend because he didn't quite paint it right, and when was told to fix it, he went out of his way to fix it and then get told 5 minutes later to stop fixing, and start arguing. (I can't make this stuff up.)

The rest of the day was spent cooped up in the basement of the house we were staying in to give my aunt some breathing room from the fighting, but that didn't stop her from coming downstairs every 15 minutes or so for the next 12 hours to keep the fuel for the fighting going. Police were called at around 9pm (15 hours after incident) to calm the situation down since it started to turn into shoving & pushing, and we were allowed some peace & quiet for the night.

Woke up to a less stressful morning, was able to do stuff on the computer, and check how my family was holding up with the past drama that hit us like a hurricane. Turned out that my aunt was sick, so sick, that her voice was crackling, and she couldn't have a single smoke or beer without coughing up a lung & a ton of phlegm. My mom had to go to the doctor's that day to try and secure a new family doctor for us, so my mom offered to ask the doctor about the type of symptoms that my aunt was having. My aunt kept passing out on the couch, so overall, it was a very calm day until later in the afternoon. My aunt started having troubles breathing, and getting very dizzy. Also, she kept coughing up a storm, and her throat was on fire. My mom was practically forced into calling 911 for an ambulance by my aunt, and so the house was filled up fire fire-fighters (first response team) and ambulance personnel.

Oxygen tanks, blood readers, etc. Turned out that the past 2 days that my aunt was drinking & arguing with us, she had lost her voice from arguing. Also, all the drinking that she'd done had severely weakened her immune system, and there was a good chance that there was a lung infection of some sort, but they were unsure. They would have to take her to a hospital and give her a proper diagnosis. She came back from the hospital about 8 hours later saying that she had pneumonia. Makes quite a lot of sense since she has her air conditioning on full blast (even through the entire night.) She also wasn't taking her high blood pressure medication like she was supposed to be taking, which would contribute indefinitely to her dizziness, as well as trying to stay up for such long periods of time.

Was woken up at around 2am in the morning. Not from screaming & fighting, but from my aunt herself. She was trying to put cats on my bed and in my bedroom while I was sleeping, and the floor in my bedroom is the creakiest floor in the house. I have my door closed for reasons.

She kept mumbling on about how her carpet downstairs in the basement was ruined because it had burn holes from cigarettes in the carpet. I went down there myself to check, but I couldn't find such burn holes, and asked her to point them out. Turns out they were black fuzz balls that come from one of our black cats that we own, and can be easily vacuumed up, but she insisted that they were burn marks in the rug and that someone replace the entire rug downstairs, and continued to say that the rug costed $3000.

First of all, no rug costs that much unless it's made for royalty, and the rug in question ain't made for royalty. Secondly, she has burn marks in her rug for the living room upstairs, and in the couches, so I have absolutely no idea what she's complaining about when it easily could have been her. She's the biggest smoker in the house, it could have been her husband before he passed.

Once again, a fight broke out. Everyone in the house was woken up from her yelling & screaming. We all went back to sleep in the basement, and suggested that we get lockable doorknobs on all of our doors. We haven't even signed a tenant / roommate agreement yet, because she has been too drunk to sign one.

P.S. after she wasn't drunk, I more or less extorted her for information on the matter of how much it actually costs, she was using it to prove a point. I have no idea what point she was trying to prove.

My mom was woken up by my aunt around 5am in the morning. She had to go downstairs to feed the fish, and turned on all the lights, which woke my mom up. She just turned over to go back to sleep, but my aunt more or less told my mom sternly to wake up and that she wanted to talk to her now. From the sounds of the story on my mom's end, her talking was slurred, and she was drunk. My mom replied that she didn't want to start a fight downstairs and wake up everyone, especially considering that my brother was able to see his son this weekend and he was staying over for the night.

My mom went upstairs to the living room and sit down and talk to her. As my mom walked into the living room, she could visibly see that there was a half empty bottle of beer & some vodka on the living room table. She posed the question whether or not she's been drinking that night, and she replied no in a slow manner. My mom sat down and asked if the cup she had on the table had vodka & water mixed, or was just water. (It had an ice cube in it, which was a pretty good indication that it was vodka & water.) She replied that it was just water, but my mom began being concerned. My mom moved to smell the glass to see if it was truly vodka & water, and my aunt slapper her across the face. Completely oblivious to the situation at hand, my mom returned the favor and slapped her back across the face and it turned into a rustle in the living room, with hair pulling & full body tackling.

I didn't wake up until later though. I woke up to screaming & yelling. My mom and my aunt were both threatening to call the police on each other, as well as my aunt threatening to kick her out of the house. (We gave up over half of our stuff, uprooted our lives, our jobs, and our friends to provide her with rent for the house.) As per routine, everyone got cooped up in the basement again to give her some breathing room. My aunt continued to drink herself away upstairs, and to make matters even worse, when I tried to get both sides of the story of the situation, my aunt was going on about suicide & wanting to kill everyone in her house right now, including our 5 cats in the house, and then kill herself to finish it. I got really concerned whether I should really call the police again, or Canadian Mental Health Association.

I had to go out that day at 10am with my dad because I always go out with him for one day in the weekend every weekend, so I left the issue for others to deal with. We've had similar issues in the past, so I assumed everything was going to be fine. Anyways, my mom had planned on staying at her sister's place for the day so that my aunt has no one to take the argument out on.

I had my dad drop me off at the same place so I could check on my mom, and apparently my mom had been getting threats over the phone from my aunt, saying that if she ever came back to the house, she'd have her arrested by police for trespassing (Even though she has her stuff in the house, and she can't prevent my mom from collecting her stuff, it's considered third-degree theft.) Change of plans, we're now all cooped up my my mom's sister's place, and they're all siding with my mom in the argument. To make matters worse, my aunt is spreading around rumors that my mom hit first, and she's still getting drunk, at least from the information that is getting relayed by my brother's friend.

We decided to stay the night and check back on the matter tomorrow, only to find that she was still drunk, and still refusing anyone to come back to the house. I find it ironic that my aunt doesn't like power & stuff being left on, and I had left my computer on with the monitor screen off, so I'm typing all of this from one of my mom's sister's laptop computer, which doesn't have flash player nor can it install flash player so I can't play FFR.

Still stuck over here at my mom's sister's place. My aunt is still drunk on her ass, and refusing to even talk to my mom to consider plans on getting her back in the house. She might be staying for another day, but I think I'll be heading back over so that I can check on everything. I've been away from everything for over a day and a half, and would hate to see something terrible to have happened in my absence. My mom no longer wants to live in the house and put up with her, but my brother is convinced that we should at least try a family intervention to break the situation to her, because it appears that nothing is showing the severity of the situation.

Was able to get home safe and sound to check on my mom's cats, they were perfectly fine. I'm pretty sure that my aunt in her drunken state has been antagonizing my cat to hell because she likes to do that when she's drunk even thought I've told her numerous times not to. When I got home, my computer was still on, and surprisingly didn't need a reboot to function properly. It was still working. My aunt wasn't working however. She was passed out face first on the couch with the tv running, absolutely plastered from drinking over the situation for herself. She'll probably wake up later extremely angry and drinking again.

To my surprise, I woke up the next morning and my aunt wasn't as drunk as she was yesterday. Aside from the waking up in the middle of the night now and again last night because she was yelling at the cats trying to "teach" them how to behave, she actually called my mom this morning and asked her to come over. Reasons to believe why she would ask such a thing after everything that happened, I think it was because she didn't want to clean the cat litter boxes and she was tired of feeding all the cats by herself. Also, I would probably guess that one of our cats that I know much of is causing her shit, and she doesn't want any of it. My mom is now back in the house, and the fighting has stopped, at least for now.

Lately, we've been having people from our old apartment calling us at our new home trying to collect skipped rent money from my mom (because we needed to get out in a hurry & on a whim, and my mom didn't have the money for that). The basic idea of it was that if they ask for my mom, that it would be said that she doesn't live there anymore, and that they didn't know where they moved to, in an attempt to clear tracks. Fortunately enough for today, my aunt picked up the phone and began calling throughout the house for my mother's name, even though she was told numerous times not to pick up that phone number, and if you do, say that she no longer lives there. My brother's friend picked up the phone downstairs instead of my mom trying to lead them away from the issue, but in the spur of the moment of things, led them to believe that my mom was actually staying there, but couldn't pick up the phone right now.

My mother started a huge argument with my aunt again asking why in the fuck she had the nerve to pick up the phone for that number when she was told numerous times not to? She left again for the evening to stay over at her sister's place. A little while later, (being about 4 hours,) someone phoned the house asking for me. I picked up the phone (mostly because I don't ever get any phone calls for myself) and lo and behold it was my dad. Turns out that he actually signed the lease under head-tenant and was now getting poked by lawsuits from Q Residential because of leftover furniture in the apartment, and skipped rent. He was also saying over the phone that if my mom is unable to solve the issue on her end, my dad will be taking my mom to court over these payments. (which is absolutely absurd considering the situation of how THE LEASE IS NOT OWNED BY Q RESIDENTIAL, IT'S OWNED BY METCAP AND MY MOM SIGNED NOTHING UNDER Q RESIDENTIAL'S FAVOR.) So technically, my dad is freaking out over nothing, but still willing to take my mom to court over it.

My dad was also asking me to come back down to Toronto with my brother as to help him remove all the furniture from the apartment so we wouldn't be slapped with extra costs for getting people to come in and remove the furniture, but according to the lease that we signed, is that the money from last month's rent that we paid for in advance when we first moved in was also to be used for people to come in and remove furniture, so it wasn't our issue to begin with. Also, my mom is well within her right to counterclaim lawsuit against Q Residential for all the shit she had went through when she was living there because they were to cover expenses related to fixing stuff within the apartment and had never done so although many reports to fix things in the apartment were filed. And thus, the story of a dangerous lawsuit circle begins.

Came back from my mom's sister's the other day. Me & my mom decided to head back to the house after talking that day because she was never actually kicked out of my house because my aunt was not drunk at the time. My mom was also talking about possibly moving out of her place at the very end of the month on extremely short notice to get away from her, because all she is doing with my aunt is starting fights, and my mom cannot live with her sister like that. Most of the afternoon & night afterwards was pretty quiet. Did my D&D session with others from FFR here, and it was pretty quiet. Went to sleep around 2am, woke up at about 7am to yelling & screaming again. Starting to become a pretty natural occurrence to me. It was not extreme yelling from both parties however, I could hear my mother screaming but not so much my aunt, guessing that my aunt actually wasn't drunk for yesterday and today. I decided to ride out the yelling since it's not escalating to a bad level from both ends, and it stopped within a minute or two. Stayed in my bedroom and tried to see if it would resume, which is where I would intervene, but it did not.

Currently trying to see if my mom is around so I can get the full story of the argument from her, I don't think the argument woke up anyone else in the apartment, just me, because I naturally wake up around 7-7:30am.

Found her, turns out she was hiding out in my brother's bedroom downstairs. The argument upstairs at 7 was about a couple of trivial questions that my aunt asked my mom that of which she did not want to be asked. She was questioned about why she got up yesterday and went to her sister's house for a majority of the day. In reality, she went over there to try and make preparations for us to move out on the first day of October, but didn't realize that she actually doesn't have the money to move out right away. She responded that it was because of the situation my father put my mother in with the lawsuit, and the discussion led to a low blow on my mom's end mentioning that it was partially my aunt's fault for the lawsuit because we moved out without paying the other half of that month's rent, as well as not being able to get all the furniture out of the apartment because she wanted to go back to Peterborough (where I moved to) as soon as possible. Turned into a heated argument, and my aunt was threatening to kick my mother out of the house again, even when she knows that if my mother goes, or anyone in the house goes, we all go, and she understands this.

Was downstairs for roughly an hour trying to talk some sense into my mother because she has had it up to here with everything that has been going on. We have all had the sharp end of the stick as well, but we have absolutely no money to move out of this situation, and we need to cope with the best of what we still have, even if that means sucking up a bit of pride in order to get the job done. My mother however, has been doing no such thing, and has been at the sharp end of the spear lately. She was convinced to stay the extra month until the end of October until she decides to make plans to move out, because if we wait until the end of that month instead of this month, we will have first & last month's rent properly, as well as a bit of extra money to cover electricity where needed, internet, and some extra spending money for furniture, attire, etc... I hope that she is able to keep her sanity in check in the meantime though, as well as my aunt's.

Was woken up quite early this morning because of the previous fight that was happening, and decided to lay down to sleep at noon, waking up at 4pm. Went downstairs to check in on the situation, and from the looks of it, the situation was not spiraling out of control. Everything was getting along pretty alright, and I was talking away about stuff on TV with my brother's friend. My aunt then came downstairs and started an argument on the spot about how he was wearing shoes downstairs in the house, and was threatening to call the cops in order to kick him out of the house. Also, she was starting fights again in her favor over stuff we already dealt with and put out of the way. Issues that were dealt with and there was no reason to bring them back up again. My brother's friend was saying that the reason why he wore his shoes downstairs was because it was extremely cold downstairs at 55*f, and it was almost fall which doesn't help. As to me, I let him do his arguing without interrupting, because it was sound, and my aunt started pacing back & forth looking for something to add to the argument.

As to me, it looked like drunkery again. Coming downstairs, starting fights on the spot with a bad attitude, it reminds me of an argument I had previously where in the end, I had to call the cops to lower the situation. Even though, she said that she would slow down the drinking to a complete stop, I was talking to my brother's friend in a bedroom that was locked up that she couldn't get into and was finding that she was like that ever since she came back from a hair dresser the very same day when I was asleep. This leads me to believe even further that she got drunk while she was out, and told no one when she got back. The situation stands as it is, my aunt threatening to kick my brother's friend out to the curb over not taking off a pair of shoes. About 10 minutes after the argument and discussing it with me, he in fact, did take off his shoes.

As we were all cooped up downstairs trying to decide on an action plan that we could take in order to resolve the situation, my brother decided it might be best for him to try and talk some sense into her, mostly because he's the person that is best on terms with my aunt in terms of complaining & fighting over stuff. Turns out that the talk worked, and my brother was able to re-obtain my brother's friend's house key for the meantime (I had no idea that she took it away from him, which means she was dead serious about it). My brother returned back to the bedroom to discuss what we need to do to stay there until we had the money to get back up and leave on our own terms rather than hers. From the sounds of things, it feels like we're gonna have to all change our approach to problems & more or less act like living slaves around her, because she's not willing to change whether she's under the influence or not. A sad day today.

Woke up this morning to my aunt opening & closing my door repeatedly. Don't know why she felt like it was needed to open & close the door 3 times in a row to let a cat out of my bedroom, but her excuse was that she was going to feed the cats breakfast (I have food, water, and a litterbox in my bedroom to prevent her from antagonizing the cat at night). Went downstairs, and everyone was still sort of in a headache from what happened yesterday. Most were grumpy & needed to get their bottled up anger out of themselves. Was watching a movie downstairs with everyone when guess who decided to come in and start raising her voice again sternly, this time at my brother's friend again. Apparently he had broken a glass window in the bathroom the other day although I was completely unaware of it prior. I asked him for the details on the issue after my aunt stormed away threatening to make him pay for the window he broke upstairs. He said that he was having his shower and he was asked to open up the window to let the moisture outside when having the hot shower. He opened up the window, and it stayed open, but there was a metal shade thing behind it that wouldn't stay up, and my aunt was explaining to him that there was a thin piece of wood used to keep the window from falling down, so he placed it there. Later in the day, there was a bang that came from the bathroom, and it was the wooden part of the window falling closed, and it cracked the top part of the window while he was downstairs.

My brother's friend is claiming he was never told that it was the wooden part of the window that would fall, because that part stayed up perfectly fine when he opened it, and the metal part behind it kept falling down so he assumed that was the part of the window that needed to be pinned open. Sound arguments on both end, so I'm trying to stay out of it, but my aunt is practically charging him for the window, and chances are if he doesn't pay it, she's gonna get butt-flustered again over something so small considering the window costs a total of 17 dollars. (Why make an argument over 17 dollars like seriously). He optioned to pay for it, but did not want to install it for my aunt because he was told by my aunt to never do any more work in the house again because he fucks it up too much, and if he did, chances are he would get blamed for it if anything else happened to it.

Currently trying to look up for some sort of assistance with moving related to domestic violence, because this is all literally one big case of domestic violence. She has been threatening, harassing, hitting, kicking, punching, pushing, stalking, psychologically torturing, and even on some occasions, threatening to commit suicide & kill others in the house including pets & animals. I'm going to see if I can call some support places today and see what they can do, although I talked about it with my mother and she was saying she's heard such places removing kids from custody & pets from custody from victims in these cases, and I really don't want to lose the cats our family has through this situation. I've had them pretty much throughout my entire life, and we take good care of them, even through this hellhole.

Went over to my mom's sister's place again for the afternoon and came back with my mom at night. We lied to my aunt saying that we were going to the movie theater for a night show, and eating out for dinner. Didn't even need to lie about the movie theater to get away with it. Called a couple of places, but the majority of them were closed and did not offer any help on their answering machines, because their voice-mail inbox's were full. Going to check back early tomorrow morning when the places re-open to get in contact with them and maybe try to work out something sweet to get us the hell out of here with limbs attached. While we were over there, my brother sent a text to my mom saying that she was drinking again. He's not sure where it's coming from, but her breath does smell of vodka, and it was a very strong odor. She's hiding her bottles on purpose to hide her shame of drinking on us, saddens me that it's going to be a strong point in an argument if another one does occur. We'll just have to wait and see until tomorrow. She doesn't seem too angry tonight, but you can never predict what she's going to do next.

Woke up the next morning, decided to sleep downstairs instead of in my bedroom last night because my aunt was opening & closing doors the previous night. Had quite a good sleep that night, although I was pretty sure that he had been in my bedroom because the doors was wide open when I checked on it in the morning. My mother was being extremely quiet with the TV off downstairs trying to not make any ruckus. Alas, my aunt makes the ruckus herself. She came downstairs to poke at my mom about whether we were going out today or not or planning on moving from the house. We didn't say anything to her, and she just walked away. We had made plans to go and see some available housing in the city, and then go back over to my mom's sister's place to make some more phone calls.

Got messaged while we were over at my mom's sister's place from my aunt, and we didn't pick up the phone and just let her leave a message. We figured out how to check the messages on the phone, and found out that it was actually my friend's brother who was calling. He said that my aunt was still drinking herself silly, and getting nippy at other people in the household. Also, she's starting to hide drinks not very well in her bedroom. That's how she's still getting drunk with no liquor bottles or beer bottles around. One of these days, we're gonna head back to the house to try and rest for the night, and she's gonna start a big huge fight with someone because she's drunk.

Me & my mom are still over at my mom's sister's place, making phone calls to helplines, welfare, YWCA, CMHA, and other places. Most of the places are saying that they want us or some representative related to the issue to come in so they can discuss the matter in person, so that's another day wasted. My mom really wants to gun towards getting us out of the house and living somewhere else for October 1st, but the biggest worry is trying to get a place that will accept us because she has bad credit from a previous bankruptcy issue back in 2006-2008. Whenever I have to go back to my aunt's house to rest for the night & look over the cats, I get scared that she will start a fight with me or my mom on the spot as is her way of nature, and we need to come back as to uphold the lie we are running with to keep us living inside the house (aka, we want to stay in the house because our original intentions was to try and work it out, and all it takes is time).

When we got back to the house, it didn't even take me a minute to realize that my aunt was drunk, just from the tone of her voice I could tell that she was slap happy drunk. I went downstairs because I'm starting to put my shoes & jacket downstairs because going upstairs into the kitchen to do that business is starting to get risky. I found out that there was a point in time while I was out, that my aunt left the house for a bit, and my brother's friend decided to take a quick look in her room to see if suspicions of alcohol being stashed in her room was correct. Turns out, that he was correct. He found an empty bottle of vodka in her nightstand. Chances are, she went out to go get another bottle of vodka. She used to order such bottles directly to her door from the LCBO because they offered such services, but since there were a lot of arguments about being drunk, she stopped ordering it to her door, and removed all empty bottles that she had on her sitting in the kitchen, and no longer has liquor / beer sitting around.

Hoping that some of the places that we called today over at my mom's sister's place were not in vain and will actually provide some help for getting out of that place. Living there is becoming unbearable with my aunt breathing down our necks, constantly looking over to make sure she's not spying on us. Also, the bus money that we're using to get down to my mom's sister's place so that we can make phone calls is well worth it just based on the stress we're not having alone just from going there.

Got up in the morning, had a lovely night sleeping. It's a lot easier to go to sleep downstairs on the couch than it is to go to sleep in my bedroom on my actual bed. Today, we discussed that because I had been doing a lot of running around the past 2 days with my mom, that I would be staying home today to watch and make sure that the cats in the house are fed, and are still alive. My brother and his friend are both out to different places today based on the things we've called from yesterday. My brother is over at a housing place looking at houses / apartments that we could rent, and his friend is over at welfare to discuss changing the automatic deposit for rent to my mother instead of the landlord. My mom still has to go out though to a different housing place to take a look at today, but she is still deciding whether or not to visit welfare today because it is a Friday. I just want to slap some sense into her right now, and my brother, because they are all freaking out and being extremely irrational in their decision making.

I sit at home, waiting for good news.

Some time has passed since my last entry, being back on the 26th and it now being the 29th. Suffice to say, not much really happened, just waiting for other people's watches to pass the time so that the time is convenient for others (although I would consider it extremely last minute stuff). Today, my mom, my brother, and his friend all left me alone at the house because they needed signers and co-signers for the apartment that they wanted to get. When I woke up at 11, my aunt told me she was running out but didn't tell me where, most likely to pick up another bottle of vodka and stash it somewhere for us not to see. Everything is in sort of a depression right now instead of being on edge for a fight. We're supposed to be moving on October 1st, but we have no idea if that is confirmed yet or not unless the apartment gets signed for. On top of that, my family has no money for trucks to move our stuff & people to drive them, as well as last month's rent. Welfare & Ontario Works have been more than willing to help out with it after we sign for the apartment, but I have no idea if they would be able to get that type of money to us within 2 days of signing for the apartment and moving to the apartment.

Can't really do anything right now on my end except wait for my family to return with good news. And if there's no good news, then may god help me I might have to live for another month with my aunt.

My family returned late at night with some good news. Turns out that they were approved for the apartment, they just needed to bring in first & last months rent. They also worked on getting one of our relatives to find a u-haul truck for us to help us move, and he was more than willing to drive the thing for us since he has his license. The rest of the night was spent rejoicing in quietness so that our aunt didn't hear any of it from upstairs, which made it honestly quite mellow. Got woken up through the middle of the night because my aunt was freaking out at me upstairs saying that one of the cats escaped from the house. When I asked which cat it was, she said she didn't know. I could see that her cat didn't escape the house because it was still in the living room, and I checked the bedroom downstairs that we keep all the cats in at night (because they were not getting along with her cat even more reasons to move) and all of our cats were there, so there weren't any cats missing, but she kept insisting that one of our cats escaped. I could smell vodka on her breath, and she eventually woke everyone in the house up because she was causing so much of a disturbance. The rest of my family came upstairs and started an argument on the spot with my aunt, and my aunt flailing her words randomly back. My mom & my brother both retreated to my brother's bedroom downstairs with the cats in it and barricaded the door, she was bashing on the door to get in, but she didn't get in. My brother's friend went up back to his room (he was sleeping on one of the couches downstairs as he passed out watching TV) and locked his door, and I went back to my bedroom. She screamed throughout the house for 30-40 minutes until she began to lose her voice and passed out on the living room sofa with the TV running.

We've got pretty much everything set up for tomorrow, the big day. We're supposed to be doing some packing tonight when my aunt passes out from her drunkery. She's like so far gone right now, she's pivoting in circles in the kitchen, moaning & mumbling to herself, walking in and out of the house. I'm surprised she hasn't bumped into a wall or knocked herself out cold yet. My brother's friend found 2 bottles of smirnoff 750ml vodka completely empty in the garbage, and he checked yesterday at night, which means she drank 2 whole bottles on her own today. I've never seen her so drunk before, she's far past capable of actually starting an argument or fight with anyone because she's drunk, but she will still push people's buttons and yap her face off to people that walk by her, making outrageous claims like miley cyrus was born in Africa and raised by war-leaders there. Thinking of staying up all night tonight in a way to get my packing done & getting prepared for the day of tomorrow. Why did you have to put the tournament in the most inconvenient spot of the month for me, Halogen?

I will update this when I get internet in the new apartment. Might be as late as near the end of the first round of the official tournament until I'm able to get internet back.

So I got into the new apartment. Wasn't entirely impressed with it considering the lighting was kind of funky in the apartment, but it was a place for me to call home away from my wretched aunt. We didn't have any furniture or luxuries to live off of, so most of the time we were doing stuff to try and get things back in line. We don't have beds to sleep on, dressers & shelves to put things inside, or on top of, we don't have a TV... The most that we got right now in the apartment is me & my brother's computers, as well as a table for it to sit on, and chairs for us to all sit in. Barely any food in the fridge for ourselves, no microwave or toaster, no garbage bins, and I wake up everyday at 5 after 10 in the morning from construction & jackhammers vibrating the apartment but hey, it's better than living with my aunt 10 times over. I would rather live on the edge of poverty like this than live with another family member that has drinking problems like that.

Still waiting for an internet technician to come by and properly install some cables for us to use the internet, but in the meantime, I did some third-party installing myself to get what internet is left coming in through the apartment to be able to do stuff. So glad I didn't miss the first round of the official tournament. Gotta get shows & tv through internet for the time being. I might be going through hard times right now to survive till the next day, but I'm that much happier that I'm not living with my aunt anymore. The most she can do now, is try to send threatening messages to my family relatives while she's incredibly drunk and make petty threats against them to side in her favor for the situation. In my honest opinion though, I think she should just sell her house because she's not fit to be a landlord.

On that note, I think I can actually end this drama and thread on a good note. If you took the time to read this, I thank you for reading it from the bottom of my heart, and keeping me updated by asking me over skype and in other places from generally being interested. If you haven't read it, the tl;dr is that me & my family left half of our stuff to move in with my aunt, she was an abusive drinker, and we had to move out in a flash, and this thread is an archive of the antics. Everything is fine now. If you wish to post this elsewhere, feel free to do so. You have my permissions to post it elsewhere, that's why I left names out of it.

Special thanks to TC_Halogen, bmah, Sky Kitten, Dossar, and everyone in FFR's Team Pony chat for supporting me along the way of this crazy ride. Maybe we'll ride it again sometime, and I'll be here to report on it.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 10-3-2014 at 11:22 PM..
gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 02:44 PM   #2
TC_Halogen
Rhythm game specialist.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TC_Halogen Send a message via Skype™ to TC_Halogen
Default Re: My Life is a Drama

I've talked to you about this on various occasions in a Skype chat, but I've been meaning to ask: are you literally running with absolutely no support system? It's absolutely horrible reading all of this and feeling like you legitimately have no outs whatsoever.
TC_Halogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 02:56 PM   #3
gold stinger
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Not sure what you mean by support systems. My mom gets spousal support from her husband (which have been long separated,) which is about $750 per month. Me and my mom are both sharing a room for $450 a month, so everything is fine. Although when we tried to pay our first month's rent, my mom had her money thrown right back in her face during a fight and told to get out. That's when I called the cops on the first story in September.

My brother & his friend are both trying to get on welfare and jobs, but jobs have turned up null, and welfare requires proof of rent or willing to pay rent to a certain person with signatures, and the only way that is going to happen is if some sort of tenant agreement is signed, and she has been too drunk to even READ one, so for the meantime, she's allowing them to stay for free.

My mom is getting child support from my father over me, and welfare won't allow me to collect welfare pays with my mom getting child support, so that needs to be cancelled. I've been trying to get a new job as well, but have been turning up null.

I would have talked more about it over skype instead of making a thread, but the house is more or less quarantined off by a drunk landlord with my computer inside STILL on, and my mom's sister's laptop which I'm typing all of this from doesn't have skype installed. I had to do 5 hours of virus removal just to use the internet.

edit:
brb, going back to the house to check on things. My brother's friend is still over there watching everything, and was making sure to call us if it starts to go out of control again. But more importantly, we have 4 cats and my aunt is complaining about them not being fed, even though there is food we bought in the kitchen for them.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 09-14-2014 at 03:03 PM..
Old 09-14-2014, 03:01 PM   #4
Sky Kitten
Crazy Cat Lady
Community Manager, User Support
Community ManagerGlobal ModeratorFFR Veteran

I messaged you on Skype about this.

As I live in the same city, I want to extend my assistance to you if you need it.

EDIT: Oh, no Skype, dammit >_<

FMO AAAs (22): Heavenly Spores, .357 Magnum, Pure Ruby, VS Boss Battle, Black, You Goddamn Fish, Faint Breath, Epilogue, Crimson Flood, Zombie Killing Blood Spilling, Saffron City (offline), Fast Asleep, R2, Her Majesty, Defection, Happy Meal, Bit Blue, Stupor of Peace, Tightwad, Progressive jikuu shoujo! Urashima Taroko-chan!, Annihilator Method, Skyfire Ace

Last edited by Sky Kitten; 09-14-2014 at 03:02 PM..
Sky Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 03:35 PM   #5
Syhto
BuMP it
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Syhto

everyones life is a drama. itll work itself out with time.

nothing you can't handle, surely. just try and focus on your own shit rather than everyones drama around you and your involvement in it

also. lol @ your aunt

p.s. run away
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tao of Dossar
I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.

Last edited by DossarLX ODI; 09-25-2014 at 03:33 PM..
Syhto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 04:02 PM   #6
gold stinger

9/14/2014 p.s.s. can't get support from anyone government-sided without the child support being dropped, and others won't take me in without getting a job first.

Appreciate the willingness to help, Sky Kitten. I have skype now, but didn't see a message of you on skype. I'm goldstinger54 on there, should be easily identifiable.

edit: posted an update to the developing story because I'm back in my aunt's house now, on my actual computer.

9/15/2014 Updated the latest story. Was able to get my mom to come back in the house because my aunt didn't want to clean out litter boxes & feed all the cats when one of them is a shit disturber for her. Issue is pretty much wrapped up, but I have no idea how long the cease fire will last. Pretty sure something else will happen in the future. Whether it's us moving out of her house and it's a story about her trying to crawl back to us desperately, a story about a possible family intervention, or maybe even another drama fight story.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by DossarLX ODI; 09-25-2014 at 03:34 PM..
Old 09-15-2014, 11:25 AM   #7
Sky Kitten
Crazy Cat Lady
Community Manager, User Support
Community ManagerGlobal ModeratorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
p.s.s. can't get support from anyone government-sided without the child support being dropped, and others won't take me in without getting a job first.

Appreciate the willingness to help, Sky Kitten. I have skype now, but didn't see a message of you on skype. I'm goldstinger54 on there, should be easily identifiable.

edit: posted an update to the developing story because I'm back in my aunt's house now, on my actual computer.
Skype, please... I sent you a contact request then. Hopefully it goes through.

Glad everything seems calm for the mean time.

FMO AAAs (22): Heavenly Spores, .357 Magnum, Pure Ruby, VS Boss Battle, Black, You Goddamn Fish, Faint Breath, Epilogue, Crimson Flood, Zombie Killing Blood Spilling, Saffron City (offline), Fast Asleep, R2, Her Majesty, Defection, Happy Meal, Bit Blue, Stupor of Peace, Tightwad, Progressive jikuu shoujo! Urashima Taroko-chan!, Annihilator Method, Skyfire Ace

Last edited by Sky Kitten; 09-15-2014 at 11:26 AM..
Sky Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 03:57 PM   #8
gold stinger

Took awhile for things to spark up again, but added a new developing story for the records. This time, it concerns lawsuits! fun

Currently heading over to my Mom's Sister's place so that we can talk about it in person. Won't be able to do signatures for tonight. Good thing I got through some this morning.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 09-22-2014 at 03:59 PM..
Old 09-23-2014, 06:18 AM   #9
gold stinger

9/23/2014 updated: more yelling first thing in the morning at around 7-7:30am. Cannot find my mother when I got up yet she was doing the most damage in the argument.

story update: the fight was about some trivial questioning on my aunt's end of which my mom did not want to hear those questions thrown around. The fault was from both people. The situation turned sour, and my mother is becoming somewhat irrational in her decision making from recent drama. Talking some sense into her worked, but I don't know how long I or anyone else in the house can keep the dust settled. One can only hope that it stays settled, but if I know anything from patterns, is that sometime in October, things will start up again.

Added a new story: my aunt is now currently fighting with my brother's friend whom was staying with us, over not taking off a pair of shoes to go downstairs because it was super cold. It has escalated into a threaten fight on who wants to call the cops first, with no side taking action.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by DossarLX ODI; 09-25-2014 at 03:32 PM..
Old 09-23-2014, 05:50 PM   #10
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I don't understand people like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 01:40 PM   #11
gold stinger

9/23/2014 story update: issue has been resolved, but chances are we're gonna have to suck up a lot more pride and act extremely close to slaves without us getting kicked out to the curb. Moving in with a different family member is not an option, and moving out entirely is not an option yet. Support from critically acclaimed groups would not help the situation but cause it to spiral out of control even further. It's a death trap that we're all gonna have to live through.

Also, my dad re-called me today during the argument re-dragging me back into that lawsuit story, I more or less told him call later because I'm dealing with more pressing matters right now.
Like really, great timing on that phone call.

9/24/2014 Added a new story: finger flipping over a broken window that broke itself, who's to blame? Apparently the person who was farthest away from the window.

I've reached the last of my straw, gonna try calling up some places related to fixing domestic violence myself for possible quick moving. If it works out in my favor, I'll go for it. We just don't want to live here anymore. We want to live in hopefully a 3 bedroom apartment that will allow phone & internet. (thanks bmah)

story update: visited my mom's sister's place again so that my aunt isn't tapping phone lines & listening in on places I call. Called a couple of support agencies but they're closed until tomorrow. Will be going back in the morning to check in on the ones I've missed, but gained a lot of info. Might be able to move out at the end of this month instead of staying for October.

My aunt appears to be drinking again, but is hiding it because it could be used against her in another argument. Status of the house right now: Warzone (Ceasefire, at least until my aunt breaks it.)

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 10-1-2014 at 06:44 AM..
Old 09-25-2014, 02:59 PM   #12
gold stinger

story update: my aunt is still drinking and we know more or less where she's hiding it now. We're making plans to move out on October 1st, but we still have no idea if we'll be able to get out exactly on that date or not.

- Tosh 2014

Old 09-25-2014, 04:19 PM   #13
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Did you get any help or information from domestic violence services or hotline today?
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 07:01 PM   #14
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Moral of the story: Arguing just for the sake of arguing at the expense of others has been a mistake in history for over thousands of years.

It gets to the point where the original topic loses its focus and then the only thing that matters is power and getting the last word. Even if it involves screaming, saying ridiculous bullshit, and ruining relationships.

Reading this made my blood boil and I can connect deeply with this. I would say it is excellent you're able to look at this situation, share it, and hopefully see some of the glaring mistakes made here. Obviously the parts about excessive drinking are bad, but also observe the behavior -- the discussions are basically just mindless, thoughtless, and disgusting bashing with no focus on resolving the problem, instead it's just to bring up more problems and have everyone fight with each other, get pissed off and destroy any sense of reasoning.
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 08:05 PM   #15
gold stinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
Did you get any help or information from domestic violence services or hotline today?
Not necessarily. The majority of them have asked to come in for an assessment on the current situation, which will be tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI View Post
Moral of the story: Arguing just for the sake of arguing at the expense of others has been a mistake in history for over thousands of years.

It gets to the point where the original topic loses its focus and then the only thing that matters is power and getting the last word. Even if it involves screaming, saying ridiculous bullshit, and ruining relationships.

Reading this made my blood boil and I can connect deeply with this. I would say it is excellent you're able to look at this situation, share it, and hopefully see some of the glaring mistakes made here. Obviously the parts about excessive drinking are bad, but also observe the behavior -- the discussions are basically just mindless, thoughtless, and disgusting bashing with no focus on resolving the problem, instead it's just to bring up more problems and have everyone fight with each other, get pissed off and destroy any sense of reasoning.
Well, we are able to sit downstairs in peace and whisper to each other over reasoning & what to do in correlation to situations. It has been working out quite well thus far. Was planning on writing out a story update tonight about how we finally found proof of her drinking habits behind our backs, I bet she will be extremely angry once we display that evidence, but I don't plan to do so until delivering a stern talk while we move out on moving day if anything.

Guess it wouldn't hurt to ask, but if anyone has any sort of connections in Peterborough, ON in relations to moving trucks, business that can financially help with moving during a crisis (domestic violence), or just relative manpower to help move, it would be greatly appreciated if it were shared or PM'd to me. I will probably be having my own family come over to assist with the moving on short notice if we can move, and will also be asking police for assistance if she's going to harass & stalk us while we are moving (again, that's if we are able to move).

My mother will probably be visiting a couple of places tomorrow to sit down and share the story with others. It's extremely last notice for being at the end of the month, and I have no idea if we will actually be able to get assistance for moving out on October 1st or not. Time will most likely tell.

9/25/2014 edit: story updated. Will be ending the spoiler and tagging it as Part 1 because it's starting to get lengthy. Also, I can really smell a climax at this point in time. If not, no harm done for readers <3

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 09-26-2014 at 02:11 PM..
Old 09-26-2014, 12:18 PM   #16
gold stinger

9/26/2014 story update: I'm sitting at home, waiting for good news as the rest of my true family goes out and look at places / talk to businesses / meet with legal people. I'm tasked with staying home and making sure the cats don't die in the hands of my aunt, and keep them alive.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 09-26-2014 at 02:11 PM..
Old 09-29-2014, 10:24 AM   #17
gold stinger

9/29/2014 story update: It's been awhile since I updated this, so I should probably let people know what in the world is going on instead of leaving them on this never-ending cliffhanger.

Me & my family found a 2 bedroom apartment we could rent out & share, but the signing was for on Monday, and I can't find out anything about what's going on until they get back. Everything is in sort of a depression right now instead of everything being on edge.

- Tosh 2014

Old 09-30-2014, 12:41 AM   #18
gold stinger

9/30/2014 story update: I'm writing this at 1:30 in the morning from where I'm at (EST), because my aunt started an argument over one of the cats escaping when she was actually hallucinating from not getting enough sleep (and being smashed). Ended up waking everyone in the house to have a good ol' fight like we used to have 1-2 weeks ago.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 09-30-2014 at 09:21 PM..
Old 09-30-2014, 09:21 PM   #19
gold stinger

9/30/2014 story update: my aunt is so drunk right now that she is literally stumbling around, bottle in hand, moaning & mumbling to herself, walking inside & outside the house, with complete disregard for what's around her. Staying up late tonight to pack my room so we can move out somehow tomorrow and out of her care. My uncle is supposed to be driving a moving truck over to us at around 2-3pm tomorrow.

As far as I know, this could quite possibly be my last update until I get internet in the new apartment, and that takes 5 business days. I really hope I don't miss the first round of the official tournament because of this. If possible, I will try to use my mom's sister's laptop to update this & make a score post for the first round in the official tournament if needed.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 09-30-2014 at 09:24 PM..
Old 10-3-2014, 11:24 PM   #20
gold stinger

10/4/2014 story update: The drama has finished. Me & my family have moved into a 2bdrm. apartment by ourselves away from my aunt, and we couldn't be happier. Sure the living conditions might be scraping against poverty, but I'm at least 10x happier with this instead of having to put up with the living conditions of my aunt, to have the free will to do as I please, and not having to conspire against her in whispers down in a basement.

Thank you all for reading, and supporting me along this bumpy ride.

music for added drama.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 10-3-2014 at 11:27 PM..