Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2011, 11:36 PM   #61
Artic_counter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Why Do People Hate The USA?

wow, I forgot the word "think", big deal.

Yeah, the majority of the population in Quebec speak French which is a major reason as to why we are different from the rest of the canada but our culture, politics, etc... is also greatly differents than France.

Last edited by Artic_counter; 01-17-2011 at 11:40 PM..
Artic_counter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:39 PM   #62
Rubin0
FFR Player

Really? I was thinking more like Freudian slip.

Also, to all people arguing that this thread is pointless, I disagree. Obviously, there are a lot of prejudices against the United States, some warranted and some unwarranted. I always enjoy listening to people/children spitting out the same arguments they have been spoon fed by their parents/overly opinionated teachers/MTV their entire lives about an issue.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:43 PM   #63
Artic_counter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

it's not a Freudian slip if I clearly positioned myself in the matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubin0 View Post
I always enjoy listening to people/children spitting out the same arguments they have been spoon fed by their parents/overly opinionated teachers/MTV their entire lives about an issue.
That is pretty much just an assumption.

Artic_counter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:58 PM   #64
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I'm actually pretty saddened by the degradation of this thread. You guys just keep biting at each other for nationalism's sake. I'm both American and Canadian, so I feel the tug on both sides.

I was hoping someone would make an argument on the lines of moderation/balance. Instead, it's just "too much patriotism this" and "you didn't help in the war enough" etc.

Canada needs more patriotism, and Americans should tone theirs down a little. We all should be proud of our achievements; don't start comparing them.

Last edited by bmah; 01-18-2011 at 12:01 AM..
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:08 AM   #65
virus003
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to virus003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubin0 View Post
We have every right to be patriotic. Like or hate us, we are always in the public eye. We play a heavy influence over everything that happens on this planet, whether positive or negative. I can't say the same about most other countries. If that sounds arrogant, fine. It's also fact.
This guy's right, we are largely looked upon and we influence other countries in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
I'm actually pretty saddened by the degradation of this thread. You guys just keep biting at each other for nationalism's sake. I'm both American and Canadian, so I feel the tug on both sides.

I was hoping someone would make an argument on the lines of moderation/balance. Instead, it's just "too much patriotism this" and "you didn't help in the war enough" etc.

Canada needs more patriotism, and Americans should tone theirs down a little. We all should be proud of our achievements; don't start comparing them.
People will never go to an agreement, look at Artic, he thinks America's the worst ****ing place in the world. We have patriotism because of everything we've gone through. I suggest you start looking at some history before making biased opinions Artic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XUioX View Post
too hard and too long.. the rest of it was easy though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundb0x View Post
i still have photos of my dad dickfeeding me when i was like 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by who_cares973 View Post
stop back seat modding its annoying
virus003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:16 AM   #66
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

The original Pledge in 1892 did not include "under god". It went like this: "I pledge allegiance, to the flag, of the United States of America, and to the Republic, for which it stands, one nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

"Under god" isn't in there.

In 1954, the words "under god" were added to the federal version of the Pledge of Allegiance in an effort to distinguish America from The Soviet Union, which was communist at the time. The Soviet Union crumbled in 1991, so the need to distinguish America in this way from communists no longer exists. So why are the words "under god" still in the Pledge when there's no longer a need for it? Public interests like promoting patriotism, love and respect for country, and civic responsibility were achieved effectively with the nonreligious Pledge (look above to read it) which was used until 1954. It publicly rejects the religious views of atheists and brings their patriotism into question. Atheists are even more hated and distrusted than Muslims (which are supposedly America's "terrorists") according to a study in 2006.

The Pledge of Allegiance isn't a big deal to me but it is a bit rude to include "under god" when it's no longer needed. In fact, even if those two words were taken out, everyone is included (meaning no religious discrimination at all, no need to worry about "under god, which god?").
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:11 AM   #67
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

everyone hates america because of the south and their stereotypes it's true
Old 01-18-2011, 04:10 AM   #68
duddychuck@yahoo.com
Retired
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to duddychuck@yahoo.com Send a message via MSN to duddychuck@yahoo.com Send a message via Yahoo to duddychuck@yahoo.com Send a message via Skype™ to duddychuck@yahoo.com

I don't even see why you would have feelings toward a country...I mean, who cares?
Old 01-18-2011, 08:34 AM   #69
fido123
FFR Player

Can we turn this thread around and please use actual logic and reasoning in our debates? I'm glad Devion at least cleaned up a lot of the poop.

First of all does "under God" in the pledge mean "only under superiority to God", or does it mean something more along the lines of a nation being "under God's protection" or something along those lines? Either way if you think that statement is arrogant, it would be equally arrogant IMO to think the entire country is arrogant because of that. Not every citizen agrees with their nations politics and way of life. I don't like the way the American government works and think that the American stereotypes are there for a reason, because too often it's true, but not all American's, especially in the newer generations are arrogant and it would be ridiculous to say so. I don't even hate America I can just find certain American stereotypes annoying, and kind of shocking rarely.

There are some stereotypes with people form Qubec regarding arrogance which I often find true (I'm using this as an example so don't bash Ontario which you could obviously do). I've had even waiters/waitresses treat me coldly because I don't know French very well although I know for a fact that those people (I'm talking about these specific cases, not all Quebecois) could speak and understand English fluently. I try to make an effort to speak French but it turns out terribly, I'm not good with secondary languages at all, it's a weakness of mine. It's arrogance that makes people treat me this way and just goes to show arrogance is everywhere.

Last edited by fido123; 01-18-2011 at 08:38 AM..
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:14 AM   #70
SrsBrainDamage
FFR Player

It was pretty much explained several times in this thread why most countries hate America. Hell, I live and America and I hate living here.
SrsBrainDamage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:38 PM   #71
justaguy
Forum User
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to justaguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBBx Takedown View Post
Agreed. "Under God We Trust"...
That could be offensive toward Buddhist and Hindus who don't believe in the same God
hey wait let's not generalize guys we might offend someone, oh:

Quote:
Then you got those terrorist countries like Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and others who you know for damn sure hate the U.S.
"terrorist" countries, you know for damn sure they hate the US... ...? what exactly do you know at all? rofl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fido123 View Post
Also why should one nation be able to have them but another not?
you must be kidding me, you think all nations should have nuclear weapons? would you like to discuss the implications of all nations having nuclear weapons?

the issue is you will seldom find someone that doesn't have an opinion on the US, regardless of whether their opinion holds any weight. a lot of nations aren't relevant to peoples' lives nor do they ever come up in conversation, so why have an opinion on them? more often than not you'll find people that like or dislike the US, but are never indifferent. the result is a polarized view where people will pick and choose points to support their contrived view regardless of their validity. some of the hatred and love gets extreme, which will tell you why some people are so adamantly against the US and why others are in love with it. why do people make the points they make? because they are generally sound, easy to make, and a lot of people will probably feel similarly (because it's common to have an opinion on the US and feels good to have your opinion validated by others). why are these points generally sound? because that's how stereotypes work. if fat, uneducated, and extremely religious people in the US receive relatively more attention than other civilized nations, this will happen.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:43 PM   #72
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I really don't think every nation should have nuclear weapons. If anything, nobody should have nuclear weapons. The superpowers of the world can get enough military dominance without the aid of nukes.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:44 PM   #73
Without A Contraceptive
FFR Player

cot damn those dang terrorist countries how could they hate us (the greatest) usa? no ones perfect baby
Without A Contraceptive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:53 PM   #74
5.points
Provy
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to 5.points

Quote:
Then you got those terrorist countries like Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and others who you know for damn sure hate the U.S.
Those terrorist you speak of are just a couple extremist groups of people of about a couple thousand. They hate our government.

There isn't any terrorist country. lmao

Overall, The United states has decent relations with the rest of the world. When it all comes down to who (as in people) "hates us", it's usually just people who have never been to the United States and just assume we are all a bunch of stereotypes, which they eventually see otherwise once they see how diverse the country is in person.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:32 PM   #75
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

@op because usa sucks ballsnacks
MinaciousGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:30 PM   #76
fido123
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
you must be kidding me, you think all nations should have nuclear weapons? would you like to discuss the implications of all nations having nuclear weapons?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
I really don't think every nation should have nuclear weapons. If anything, nobody should have nuclear weapons. The superpowers of the world can get enough military dominance without the aid of nukes.
When did I say I thought every country should have nukes? I just find it hypocritical that a country with loads of nukes attacks a country for making nukes. It was just propaganda anyway IMO.
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:30 PM   #77
funmonkey54
The Chill Keeper
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to funmonkey54

The UN should deem a country as stable or corrupt. Then, all of the stable countries should have nuclear weapons for the reason of mutually assured destruction. Because of the possession of nukes, not just nuclear warfare will remain unused, but conventional warfare will be lessened for fear of the nuclear weaponry.

Discuss.

funmonkey54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:36 PM   #78
ichliebekase
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fido123 View Post
I just find it hypocritical that a country with loads of nukes attacks a country for making nukes.
That's actually a really nice point. I didn't think of the war like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.points View Post
Those terrorist you speak of are just a couple extremist groups of people of about a couple thousand. They hate our government.
There isn't any terrorist country. lmao
A lot of people don't understand this. Then Americans get angry for other countries throwing stereotypes at them, yet they're throwing the generalized "terrorist, suicide bomber" stereotype that seems to be associated with middle-eastern countries. There are probably a lot of people over there that don't fall under the "terrorist" stereotype as well as there are a lot of people that don't fall under the "fat, lazy people" stereotype in America.
Garden Party - Dance, level 38
ichliebekase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:43 PM   #79
Swoop
FFR Player

Because of their greed, their attitude's towards others, and there are tons of stereotypes for Americans revolving around Mcdonalds and obesity, which is a problem over here but I personally think everyone is overreacting about it. And foreigners probably base how us Americans act upon our leaders and well that just is plain wrong. Look at George W. Bush, a terrible president and I would even venture to go and say a terrible person. This is just a touch upon why, there is many many logical reasons and even more from here say and stereotypes.

Swoop is offline   Reply With Quote