Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2011, 06:27 PM   #41
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973
Default Re: Why Do People Hate The USA?

mans0n is literally like 14 years old give the kid a break
Old 01-17-2011, 06:44 PM   #42
Oni-Paranoia
No fucks
FFR Veteran

America has nukes, we fight in nearly every war, we're trillions of dollars in debt... This list can go on and on of why some might hate/like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by who_cares973 View Post
mans0n is literally like 14 years old give the kid a break
Age is no excuse for ignorance.
Oni-Paranoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:21 PM   #43
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

if that was true then any kid under 13 should be laughed at and frowned upon for their perception of the world.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:23 PM   #44
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fido123 View Post
First of you're simply using the argument of a 2 year old: "Yeah you're right but YOUR country etc etc". Arrogance at it's finest. We may not have a lot of power, but as a country we tried hard. We have a small population, so obviously we're not going to be able to offer more man-power.
It's not even arrogance and I didn't say Canada didn't make an effort in the war either. What I'm saying is that Canada did not tip the scales in the same way that the United States did. So Canada declared war a week after Britain and France. I'm not impressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fido
Also a lot of American's I've talked to think the U.S. won WWII for the Europeans, which is a load of bull although yes obviously the U.S. played a major role in the war.
And really though, what kind of bullshit is this? "**** the Americans for thinking they won WWII for Europe because they didn't... but I admit they played a major role." Yeah, that's a pretty blatant contradiction and I'm pretty sure you've got no idea what you're talking about. The United States was supporting and re-supplying the British in early 1940 and then passed the Lend-Lease Act in 1941 in continual support of the British. Though not physically in the fight at that point with feet on the ground, the United States was still an active part of the war. When the US finally did join the war as an Ally, we fought the war on TWO fronts shitting on the Japanese in the Pacific and putting pressure on the German war front in Europe while Canada fought the front only in Europe. Without the enormous amount of American industrial production early in the war and more so later on when production really kicked into high gear, that war would have been lost without a doubt. I haven't even mentioned the technology the United States brought into the war either. I think the point I'm trying to make is pretty clear.

It's not arrogance, but simply a statement of fact. The United States turned WWII around and was absolutely instrumental in the Allied victory.

Last edited by foilman8805; 01-17-2011 at 07:29 PM..
foilman8805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:56 PM   #45
dragonmegaXX
ITG playing fur

Quote:
if that was true then any kid under 13 should be laughed at and frowned upon for their perception of the world.
Already done
Old 01-17-2011, 08:38 PM   #46
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I also think the litigious aspect of America adds to disliking of the United States. Some court cases are pretty ridiculous, an example is when a woman spilled hot coffee on her lap or something and sued.
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:00 PM   #47
Mans0n
Sun and Stars
FFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Mans0n

Im actually not literally 14, im 15 going to be 16 soon. And I'm not arrogant at all. It's not my fault my country is look at as being lazy and fat. because I'm the exact opposite. And I'm anything but arrogant. I'm actually pretty happy being American because of all the opportunities it gives me in life.

so ha

Check out my band profile and give it a like! :P
Mans0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:23 PM   #48
krunkykai22
<3 Jumpstream <3

Send a message via AIM to krunkykai22 Send a message via Yahoo to krunkykai22 Send a message via Skype™ to krunkykai22

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBBx Takedown View Post
God I find this thread really pointless. Every country hates one another in some sort of way...

Robbie, instead of saying that, don't say anything. Not attacking you, but these things are what make trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBBx Takedown View Post
I'm going to ignore this because you're a troll. Don't FEED THE WILD ANIMALS.
Anyway, reason why people hate USA is because we are in debt, owe China and other countries a shit load of money and we are democracy yay \o/

Wow, for someone of your stature and speaking, I thought you would be smarter than this. Sorry bro.

No one likes the U.S. ... hmm, I can think of a lot of countries that LOVE us, NATO anyone?

Yes, we are egotistical, thank you Bush for you amazing bullshit when you were in office. Yes, we changed French Fries to Freedom Fries for a whole month or so. WOOPY.

Let me tell you something, the U.S is severely in debt, weeeeee, we have more nukes and bombs (that we know) than any other country. We could easily bomb people out like hiroshima and nagasaki, but we know what the repercussions are. We walk around high and mighty a lot. I'm a patriot. I love my country. I don't like many things we do, but what can I do? Nothing. I don't have schooling to go run for senate/rep/congress/president. Best believe if I did, I would lol.

FFR Player President of the United States of America. WEEEEEEEEE

And, to whomever said we have things that other countries dont like games or materialistic shit, how much of the U.S. has things with "Made in China" or "Made in Japan" on them? SO many things we import from other countries. We are not the number 1 advanced technological country, Japan has us beat. We are not the number 1 populated country, I believe china has us beat. We have a country that lets anybody in and we are diverse. Eventually, we will kill ourselves from within. My statement. I'm out. pce
krunkykai22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:33 PM   #49
Andrew Mitchell
Banned
FFR Veteran

hmmm foreign policy/little hand flags etc

i don't know to be honest

maybe the usa ape bashed the international ape in 2001 space odesy
Andrew Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:44 PM   #50
ichliebekase
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Nic, every day you find more and more ways to influence me to punch you in the face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni-Paranoia View Post
America has nukes, we fight in nearly every war, we're trillions of dollars in debt... This list can go on and on of why some might hate/like.
I do agree with this. Also, someone said that we always put our nose into other countries' businesses, which is true [pardon my grammar if it's incorrect]. I hate our government for it. Why can't they just let Iraq fall apart on their own then pick up the pieces afterwards? Wouldn't that make a little more sense? It'd make us look a lot better than we do because then we would actually be helping and not looking like we're just trying to kill everyone over there.

Btw, if I could move to Canada, I would. If I could move to Germany though, I'd do that in a heartbeat before any other country.

EDIT: I read back further into the thread and I saw talk of the flag. Yes, I agree that it's a bit ridiculous to put up the flag and have to pledge to it every fucking day in school and every time someone political comes around. Why should I have to pledge to a damn flag? I don't get that.

Yes, my family does have a flag pole up. But we keep a Ravens flag up <3

EDIT2: I know that Greece is a country that works for 4-5 hours then takes a nap for about 2. My friend goes to Greece every year to visit family and that's the one thing she always tells us XD Saw that mentioned before too.
Garden Party - Dance, level 38

Last edited by ichliebekase; 01-17-2011 at 09:51 PM..
ichliebekase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:01 PM   #51
virus003
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to virus003

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichliebekase View Post
Nic, every day you find more and more ways to influence me to punch you in the face.

Also, someone said that we always put our nose into other countries' businesses, which is true [pardon my grammar if it's incorrect]. I hate our government for it. Why can't they just let Iraq fall apart on their own then pick up the pieces afterwards? Wouldn't that make a little more sense? It'd make us look a lot better than we do because then we would actually be helping and not looking like we're just trying to kill everyone over there.

EDIT: I read back further into the thread and I saw talk of the flag. Yes, I agree that it's a bit ridiculous to put up the flag and have to pledge to it every fucking day in school and every time someone political comes around. Why should I have to pledge to a damn flag? I don't get that.
We put our noses into other countries business's because there's always money involved, and you just happened to pick up Iraq, which is the perfect example for that

lol oil

@ your edit: The sign is a flag of respect, what do you think it represents? It represents us showing loyalty to all 50 states, that can not be separated. It shows the freedom that we can actually pursue life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

I could care less if you want to punch me in the face, I want to punch half the people's faces on this website, but you don't see me whining. I thought you were more mature than that. Gosh the internet is so serious nowadays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XUioX View Post
too hard and too long.. the rest of it was easy though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundb0x View Post
i still have photos of my dad dickfeeding me when i was like 5
Quote:
stop back seat modding its annoying
virus003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:18 PM   #52
Artic_counter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I looked up the pledge, virus. I lol'ed

"...one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

BS and arrogant. Sorry.

Last edited by Artic_counter; 01-17-2011 at 10:21 PM..
Artic_counter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:27 PM   #53
krunkykai22
&lt;3 Jumpstream &lt;3

Send a message via AIM to krunkykai22 Send a message via Yahoo to krunkykai22 Send a message via Skype™ to krunkykai22

Oh well, that is our pledge. No offense but if you don't like it that's all on you. We did that shit over and over in our school and we liked it. Especially since 9-11 just hit.

We invaded Iraq, baby, because they were signs of nuclear weapons being made. Plus, We put Saddam in power there and we took him out.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:28 PM   #54
fido123
FFR Player

Nothing arrogant about that. I wish Canada was a little more patriotic.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by krunkykai22 View Post
We invaded Iraq, baby, because they were signs of nuclear weapons being made. Plus, We put Saddam in power there and we took him out.
The nukes were pretty much just propaganda IIRC, none were ever found. Also why should one nation be able to have them but another not?

Last edited by fido123; 01-17-2011 at 10:31 PM..
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:30 PM   #55
krunkykai22
&lt;3 Jumpstream &lt;3

You are correct.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:30 PM   #56
ichliebekase
FFR Simfile Author

The "under God" part needs to be taken out because it seems more and more Americans are not believing in God. And plus, you cannot get a full damn country the size of America to even agree on there being one singular God. Thus starts a huge religious debacle.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:31 PM   #57
Rubin0
FFR Player

We have every right to be patriotic. Like or hate us, we are always in the public eye. We play a heavy influence over everything that happens on this planet, whether positive or negative. I can't say the same about most other countries. If that sounds arrogant, fine. It's also fact.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:40 PM   #58
Artic_counter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
The "under God" part needs to be taken out because it seems more and more Americans are not believing in God. And plus, you cannot get a full damn country the size of America to even agree on there being one singular God. Thus starts a huge religious debacle.
Yes it need to be taken out but not for your reason. Saying "one nation under god" if I'm right (I may be wrong, english isn't my first language) is basically saying this :

We are so great that we are second only to God and everyone else is dipshit.

That is what I call arrogance and that one major reason why I think people hate the USA.

Oh and I don't know about Ontario but in Quebec there is a great deal of patriotism but then again, we are pretty much different than the rest of the Canada.

Last edited by Artic_counter; 01-17-2011 at 11:34 PM..
Artic_counter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:46 PM   #59
xBBx Takedown
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to xBBx Takedown

Quote:
Agreed. "Under God We Trust"...
That could be offensive toward Buddhist and Hindus who don't believe in the same God 75% believes in even though that count is also going down too.
But anyways, in my opinion, I honestly think Frankie is right about the NATO part. But that only includes what? England, France, Italy, East Germany, Ireland, etc.
Then you got those terrorist countries like Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and others who you know for damn sure hate the U.S.
We still got Russia, China, Vietnam, and North Korea who probably hate us with a passion. Russia still is pissed off at us since The Cold War. China because owe them money. And then there is North Korea. North Korea hates us because we ACTUALLY managed to stop them from making South Korea communist.
Dragons Fury: Custom Tournament #5-1st Place(D3B)
Best FMO Score-Battle Theme #37(8.0.0.1)
Best AAA-Sword Strike
Best BF-Be Princess and Mute City Remix
xBBx Takedown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:02 PM   #60
ichliebekase
FFR Simfile Author

Isn't Quebec more of the French side?

And I personally think of the "one nation under God" as in "we all are ruled by God and he is the boss" to put it a certain way. I've never actually heard of anyone use it in your context Arctic, definitely a different perception.