Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-7-2022, 08:36 PM   #13
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Death Piano AAA Bounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
I feel like trilling the ending with four fingers like he did shouldn't count tbh
Such a technique is widely accepted within the FFR community. It uses no external tool, no double setup and no modified keyboard.

Sometimes it might be hard to accept that a new method easily beats an old one, but that happens legitimately in many different games. For example, take classic tetris, a very simple game to illustrate the point. A Maxout (1M points) was considered super hard for many many years when DAS (Delayed auto shift) was the main method by a mile. Then it's gone through the hypertapping phase, which looked super impressive given its high physical requirement; people loved seeing top tier scores with it. And finally came the rolling phase, which completely obliterated the hypertapping method. These methods all did the same thing: play tetris more efficiently at faster speed, on the same old controller and hardware. The only thing that changed was how players hit their inputs. Well this technique on Death Piano ending trill is just that too.

Now with that being said, I can give you back your money if you want, but do know that it was never a requirement to vibro the ending, and that I'm only willing to give money back if you feel strongly about it. I ultimately don't want you to have spent cash on something you disagree with, but I also can't not mention that it was never a requirement.

In any case, I hope this clarifies things for anyone else wondering the same thing