Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-21-2015, 11:01 AM   #1
HeZe
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to HeZe
Default What's happening in here?

10/10/2015 Update: DossarLX ODI

I feel like this thread has run its course and efficiently delivered a wake-up call. Check the Weekly Batch Update Thread for updates on the Batch and Temporary Web Development Team. There will also be What's Happenin' front page posts which are planned to be bi-weekly according to psychoangel691. Front Page Posts will be utilized much more now.

Thanks for all your patience. The original post can be seen in the spoiler below.

- Dossar

Ok dudes. What's happening?

Are we having an official tournament this year? There's like a handful of files in the queue, and when the next ones will be accepted, there's like 30 (definitely not enough to even hold a tourney for, let alone some songs of the week or month).

And then, the fucked up replay scores are still there after like half a year or so. It seems like after the raw scoring update and the score surge all devs went to hibernation mode. I'd understand this if there was something major to be worked with, but as far as I know, there's none such things. If the devs want to stop deving, it's completely fine to me, but the mess should be cleaned first to leave a clean and smooth site behind. The replay score disaster was reversible, but is it any more after this long? (People have improved their scores and shit, this makes things more complicated).

We have new judges, but it’s not enough when judging a batch lasts for like half a year. Should we just forget the batch notes part in the judging process, if it’d make things run quicker. Judges would just take the initiative and review the batch in a day. I know it’s harsh, but hey, it’d at least clear the fucking queue!

Every time I come to FFR, I'm worrying if is it still up and running because of these things. I don’t want FFR to die, it means a lot to me :’(

PS: Everything was fine as long as TC_Halogen was in the admin team!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
Your strengths and weaknesses may never change, but they will still get better as you do, albeit disproportionately of course. You're bad at jumpstream, so just play jumpstream files. Play them for hours. Play ones you have to struggle to SDG, and play ones hard enough to make your hands and arms burn. Then play them some more. Then, the day after the next, play them again. If you aren't already doing this, you can't say you're stuck. Plateauing doesn't really exist, if you aren't improving it means you haven't put in the effort needed to improve, or your effort has been misapplied. It's more of a problem at really high levels, but never totally concrete.

Last edited by DossarLX ODI; 10-10-2015 at 09:04 AM..