Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-2-2015, 10:15 PM   #21
shadowcat990
FFR Player

Default Re: I'm going in for surgery

I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed at Christmas. My suggestion lots of water are surgery because you will be dehydrated from not eating or drinking for 8 hours and tons of sleep, after the surgery I slept for most of the day woke up basically for pain meds. Ice is important because swelling sucks but if you nap with your head slightly elevated like two pillows or a reclining chair swelling shouldn't be to bad.
shadowcat990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-2-2015, 10:27 PM   #22
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

Well, as someone that has performed this surgery a ton of times...

Typically, if they're putting you out the most common drugs they use are a combination of Fentanyl and Midazolam.

Fentanyl is similar to morphine but about 100x as strong. You can't really feel much of anything other than ecstasy while on it. You just feel extremely good, can hack into your gums and you'll never notice a thing. It's pretty much super heroin.

Midazolam is an anxiolytic and induces amnesia, so it makes you really relaxed and extremely compliant during the surgery, and you'll forget everything that happened for 30-60 minutes after it starts working, i.e. the entire surgery. It's pretty great. Most patients don't give a flying fuck about anything while all of this is happening.

You can still talk and converse with the surgeon, but you'll never remember any of it. I've had some pretty interesting conversations. Generally though it will just involve the surgeon giving you commands such as turn your head or put your hands down and you're usually pretty compliant due to the drugs.

As such, I wouldn't worry about it. It's usually extremely straight forward. The top wisdom teeth usually just pop out due to angulation once you expose them. If the lowers are impacted, we flap open the gums, drill a window into the bone and pop them up that way or cut them into a few pieces and then remove them. You won't really know what is happening though, and if you do, you won't care because of the drugs.

Take your T3s or whatever they give you when you get home before the fentanyl wears off. You'll feel like you're in heaven and then when it wears off it's usually quite painful, depending on how much local anestheic they gave you. The biggest mistake most people make is falling asleep because they feel so fantastic and then waking up to excruciating pain. Have someone remember to give them to you. Otherwise, lots of fluids, rest and ice are good.

The alternative to above is nitrous gas w/ or w/o midazolam, depends on where you're having it done. The above is the baller way to do it but either way you won't have much of an issue.

Last edited by Reach; 02-2-2015 at 10:37 PM..
Reach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-2-2015, 11:38 PM   #23
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
You can still talk and converse with the surgeon, but you'll never remember any of it. I've had some pretty interesting conversations. Generally though it will just involve the surgeon giving you commands such as turn your head or put your hands down and you're usually pretty compliant due to the drugs.
I can't comprehend this so I'm awake but I'm blacked out during the surgery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
As such, I wouldn't worry about it. It's usually extremely straight forward. The top wisdom teeth usually just pop out due to angulation once you expose them. If the lowers are impacted, we flap open the gums, drill a window into the bone and pop them up that way or cut them into a few pieces and then remove them. You won't really know what is happening though, and if you do, you won't care because of the drugs.
all 4 of my wisdom teeth are impacted. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I have mixed feelings reading this post.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 02-2-2015 at 11:39 PM..
gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-3-2015, 12:12 AM   #24
sickufully
Sir Krisk
FFR Veteran

I had all 4 wisdom teeth removed along with a 3rd set of incisor teeth in 1 operation (6 teeth in total). Was about 17 when it happened. For the anesthetic, the surgeon stuck a tube up my nose and told me to count backwards from 10. I don't think I got past 8 before I conked out, although I really can't remember.

Also, when you wake up, have fun trying to drink water from a cup. Your lips should still be numb (depending on how much anesthetic they administered) and any water you pour from the cup will end up on your t-shirt :P
Old 02-3-2015, 07:05 AM   #25
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
I can't comprehend this so I'm awake but I'm blacked out during the surgery?

all 4 of my wisdom teeth are impacted. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I have mixed feelings reading this post.
You're still conscious; you not under general anesthetic. It's called conscious sedation. You can still move and talk. However, you're generally not very aware of what is happening / you don't care at all. Midazolam is a powerful anxiolytic (decreases anxiety) and muscle relaxant. You will feel extremely relaxed and won't care much as to what is happening. It also induces amnesia meaning you're going to forget everything that just happened.

Also, don't have mixed feelings. It's standard procedure and pretty straight forward, and again, it's not like you're going to care or feel what is happening. It's not major surgery, that's why you're only consciously sedated.

Last edited by Reach; 02-3-2015 at 07:06 AM..
Old 02-3-2015, 12:02 PM   #26
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

were you at least responsible and resarched the mortality rate of wisdom tooth removal
MinaciousGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-3-2015, 12:05 PM   #27
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

actually its funny when i had mine taken out the guy asked me if i was aware that there can be surgical complications and accidents do happen and i was like "k"

he said i was the least talkative patient in 45 years of surgery
MinaciousGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-3-2015, 02:55 PM   #28
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

I've needed mine out for some time now but I'm terrified to go in and do it. I had a doctor diagnose me with hereditary angioedema back in 2008 which makes surgery like this really risky. I went to see a surgeon once about this and explained my diagnosis and he knew nothing about it of course so he didn't proceed. Seems most doctors know little about it. My right side is getting to a point where I have no choice though, so I'm going to have to do something soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
psychoangel691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-3-2015, 03:01 PM   #29
Kanzas
Buh
FFR Veteran

I feel weird since I'm the only person I know irl that still has all wisdom teeth and no reason to have them removed. They all fit fine and i've had them all since i was 15.

Top 5
Pimp Slap - 7-0-0-1
party 4u "holy nite mix" v2 - 5-0-1-2
Fei Longer - AAA
HELLBEAT - 9-0-1-3
Flame Repellent - 5-0-0-0
Kanzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-3-2015, 07:13 PM   #30
FoJaR
The Worst

Send a message via AIM to FoJaR Send a message via MSN to FoJaR

i loved it. woke up with a huge grin on my face and went and had a bigmac.

didnt need any painkillers.

worst part of it for me was how annoying the stitches were. they were supposed to dissolve but they drove me so crazy that i ended up cutting them out myself.
Old 02-4-2015, 09:21 PM   #31
gold stinger
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I am scheduled to go in tomorrow at 9:45am and surgery starts at 10:30am. Terrified.

Pray that I survive, if I don't post a message within the next 2 days in here I am dead.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 02-4-2015 at 09:22 PM..
Old 02-4-2015, 09:52 PM   #32
Kraezymann
Forum User
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via MSN to Kraezymann

You're gonna be just fine! Can't wait to hear back from you! Maybe we'll get lucky and you'll make a post while you are super high and it will be hilarious

Submit to this -
Kraezymann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-4-2015, 09:54 PM   #33
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

You'll be fine, Mr. Stinger.

Trust me, the worst you have to fear is probably the lingering pain that comes with it for a few days. But just keep popping those pain pills and all should be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-4-2015, 10:11 PM   #34
Sky Kitten
Crazy Cat Lady
Community Manager, User Support
Community ManagerGlobal ModeratorFFR Veteran

You'll be fine, man! Don't you worry one bit.

FMO AAAs (22): Heavenly Spores, .357 Magnum, Pure Ruby, VS Boss Battle, Black, You Goddamn Fish, Faint Breath, Epilogue, Crimson Flood, Zombie Killing Blood Spilling, Saffron City (offline), Fast Asleep, R2, Her Majesty, Defection, Happy Meal, Bit Blue, Stupor of Peace, Tightwad, Progressive jikuu shoujo! Urashima Taroko-chan!, Annihilator Method, Skyfire Ace
Sky Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-5-2015, 10:54 AM   #35
gold stinger

I survived.

pics of the aftermath incoming

- Tosh 2014

Old 02-5-2015, 10:59 AM   #36
gold stinger

Forgive me for my teeth looking like shit blame all the stuff that's happened in the past 10 years or so for that.

But believe it - got them pulled

gauzes for proof:

You guys lied to me about being high as fuck afterwards I don't even feel like sleeping.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 02-5-2015 at 11:00 AM..
Old 02-5-2015, 11:03 AM   #37
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

those teeth

i guess a contributing factor was that i stayed up til like 5 the previous night and just conked out as soon as i got home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
YoshL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-5-2015, 11:11 AM   #38
gold stinger

Tried to take some meds as soon as I came home, the entire back of my throat & my bottom part of my mouth is entirely frozen, it's goddam impossible to swallow pain killers

I feel like I am fucked when it wears off

so I either choke down pills on gag reflex, or suffer through terrible 30 mins of pain...

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 02-5-2015 at 11:33 AM..
Old 02-5-2015, 11:56 AM   #39
Deadlyx39
FFR Player

I had my tonsils and adenoids removed, as well as tubes put in my ears when I was 6.

I had plastic surgery on my eyelid when I was 3 because I hit my eye/face on the side of a chair running to the door.

I also had a big ass fucking wart on my left big toe that had to be iced off. It didn't actually go away for 3 or 4 years after getting it.

Other than that, no broken bones, no severe, near death cases for me. What I will say though is that I remember when I had my tonsils and adenoids removed, because I couldn't eat or drink anything for about 4 days. I had taken about an hour to 2 hours to drink one of those Capri Sun juice pouches and couldn't have anything else. It was pretty awesome though, because I had the surgery in the beginning of December 2005, and missed school for 2 weeks. When I was ready to go back, winter break started and I didn't have to go back to school until the 6th or so of January.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Blaster View Post
Why should I care about this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
whats in it for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizz13114 View Post
Fun times and meme sluts
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
ew meme sluts
ew fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
do you realize how asinine all of your posts are
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
i would also like to take this opportunity to shout out deadlyx39

on the one hand i feel as though your absence from these forums is a shelled victory for all ffr forumites however after careful examination of my internal feeling apparatus i have come to the conclusion that i do in fact miss your posts

[...]

come back

i need to laugh at you

once more

Deadlyx39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-5-2015, 05:07 PM   #40
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

I want to fix your teeth so badly.

Congrats on being finished though

Last edited by Reach; 02-5-2015 at 05:07 PM..