You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 10-15-2016, 07:26 PM   #1962
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG CLIX: Form your special exclusive groups now! - Game Thread

Haven't read your latest iteration of "follow the vote" but yee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 10-15-2016, 07:31 PM   #1963
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Haven't read your latest iteration of "follow the vote" but yee
it's bigger and bulkier than the last
Old 10-15-2016, 07:42 PM   #1964
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
Hee hee hee

I'll be dancing in glee if it's the correct assumption.
That'll be fucking hysterical
But the guy you are thinking of probably didn't do that because even he admitted like an hour before EoD that you and Shado where locked clear, as much as it pained him to say it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceflashrevo View Post
okay i read the thread and it makes sense i guess. i'm just having a hard time understanding the logic behind how to approach sk.

whaddya mean the question made no sense?
This whole series of posts: what ? Charu already pointed out all of that though.

[quote=Precarious;4485247
I'll be shocked as shit if DPB/psycho turns out to be power role town, given that Gradiant flipped cop, Shado flipped vig, and Charu remains un-CCed. So I'm not sure what you're going for here. Psycho is either vanilla town or anti-town by simple logic, we're really out of other alternatives.
***[/QUOTE]

Oh I was suggesting that she was SK/Anti-town with that, not a town-aligned role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
The Best Belated Death Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precarious View Post
Zenith: Started out the day with several content posts, mixed in with a weird shit post. Has not posted anything in about 30 hours. His last post was the one I used to build a case as Zenith as SK. He has not responded to me, nor to anyone else. I know he's been on FFR generally because I saw he already AAAed the three new songs of the week which were released last night. While he may be having some issues with the forums yet (the pages still take a long time to load for me), his complete disappearance as soon as he was challenged feels like ducking the heat and hoping that we all get distracted by some other case. Fairly firm anti-town read, likely SK.

danceflashrevo: The case here remains clear. I'll go through it in detail (this will be long, so I'll put the other reads in my next post), because today only serves to reinforce the first part of it.

Stylistically, DFR's posts today (and all game in fact) are very similar to what I've seen in previous games from him. I don't have the meta knowledge some of you might, but in the short time I've been here I've seen some progression in DFR's play. Although it's somewhat laid back, town DFR does express opinions (even if diffidently) and is willing to pursue leads. This seemed to be how DFR started this game, which looked good, but it felt like DFR was content to sit back and less inclined to probe or opine as the game went on. Observationally and on gut, something felt wrong.

DFR's game came apart when I voted them (see post #1543). It's always a shock to the system when you're voted (particularly as a wolf), and DFR succumbed to the most basic of instincts, the counterattack. The problem was that said counterattack on me confirmed indisputable anti-town behavior by DFR.

This was a clear OMGUS push, including the needless sarcastic flourish ("You decide on FFR TWG CLIX!!"). The problem is, it was based on something completely removed from the actual game. At that time, Charu had been townreading me frequently and aggressively. This wasn't a simple misread; it had been a theme of just about all of Charu's gut reads/roster runs to that point. That suggests that DFR had not been actually following the thread at all. Now, that's somewhat understandable. People get busy. The games here move insanely fast. BUT rather than simply saying "I've been busy, I'll catch up" (as DFR has had no problem doing a bunch of other times in this thread), he instead chose to make a roster run that was not based on actual work/reads. This suggests he simply wanted to make reads in order to create the illusion of towniness, and combined with his accusation get the pressure of a vote off of him. But making reads based on nothing is anti-town, and given its implications, also dishonest.

(I'll also note that DFR town-read Haku and nulled a floundering Juckter, which will be pertinent in a moment).

EoD arrived yesterday and DFR seemed to be in trouble. There was a slightly town-leaning post when DFR posted this:

A town player, when facing a mislynch, should try to leave some information behind, because the mislynch will at least clear them and show that they were acting in good faith. The information may or may not be correct, but at least we would know it's not deliberately deceptive. However, DFR still provides no reads. People think I post empty mechanics, but this post offers nothing that we couldn't have worked out ourselves. There are no reads, no real insights, no comments or observations on what led to this point. A wolf can do this too, after all; while it will be discredited with the flip, it's a good way to simulate towniness and perhaps push off the lynch.

As EoD continued and it became clear that DFR wasn't outright doomed, there were some weirdly prescient, defensive posts.

This is a somewhat odd concern, and seems to foreshadow Juckter's flip.

Then, right after Charu posted a suggestion to Shado to shoot Haku, DFR posted this:

This is the same DFR who had been townreading Haku fairly consistently. If a wolf DFR knew scummate Haku was going to be shot, then it's time to distance.

We also had Haku end up choosing Juckter over DFR, even though we now know that Juckter was a wolf. What was the benefit to the wolves? Haku was likely doomed by vig, so any cred for voting another wolf was meaningless. Had Haku voted a town DFR and then been shot, there was at least a chance Juckter could wiggle out of it. As it went down, two wolves were doomed for sure. The only payoff is if the suddenly distancing DFR could get clear of the carnage.

Now, move to today. Because wagon alternative Juckter flips red, much of the heat on DFR dissipates. And DFR goes back to doing what made me suspicious in the first place: nothing. There are still no reads, nor any posts meaningfully engaging in the game. There are occasional defenses when problems in DFR's profile are raised (see mellon's post #1841 and the conversation that follows). But now that people are townreading DFR to some degree, he is content to sit back. This is despite the fact that we have a wolf and an SK still out there. We have a reason to continue searching. Players interested more in personal survival than ferreting out anti-town look particularly bad now, because survival is at a special premium for both wolf and SK. Neither can die and still win the game.

To me, DFR profiles as a strong wolf read, stronger than when I initially voted them, stronger even than during EoD. Could I be wrong? Sure.

But I doubt it.

danceflashrevo
Oh wow. I can't really argue with that. Really good post here.

Quote:
I don't think Zenith is the SK
That your guy telling you that, or is there more to this? Talk to me Charu

Quote:
I wanted to put content. I also had misread charu saying town/wolf for some reason a lot (not evidenced in my posts but I really did, though I don't expect you to believe me). And yeah, that's really really lame of me to misread that coupled with being legitimately busy and wanting to post content and not having the time to read through the entire thread. I hadn't had a town or scum lean on you and misremembered charu's views of you. I didn't make any indication whether or not you were scum or town on it either, simply brought it up. So I wouldn't say I made a read from it. Really it's just poor play by my part and really embarassing but I'll just have to suck it up and continue trying to convince you all that I am town.

called this would happen lul. i wouldn't say I nulled him, i only did at the end. please scum read me on my shit reads.

Right, I had no useful information to leave behind. My reads are shit, it'd be wrong anyways. The only useful information that I can give is that I'm town and I'm a waste of a lynch or shot. I gave most of my insights and I really haven't had any conclusion on the majority of the leftover players, which is bad play on my part. Sorry. And yeah the post offers something you could've worked out yourselves. EVERYTHING THAT I POST COULD BE WORKED OUT YOURSELVES BECAUSE I'M BAD. I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING EVER GOD DAMMIT. It's hard to be original and I don't have a great track record of being great on my own. At this point I was just trying to give off as much as I could. Also weird that you include this little bit about yourself, seems kinda... unnecessary?

are you serious? i think that's a legitimate concern, you know, because you'd be lynching a townie on a shit read he had. (I'm a he btw).

sorry that i made a joke. will think about not posting jokes next time.

I think he's smarter than that, he was hella awkward at EoD and that just made his chances worse.

Trust me I'm trying, at this point I still feel I need to defend myself and help people know my role. And yeah garbage player is still garbage, I'm just trying to be more active, which I feel like I've done decently if there's not a Clemson football game happening (clemson won in ot btw holy shit what a game).

Don't jump to conclusions about my work ethic buddy.

k
Is your defense that your a shit player? Haku pulled that shit and it was disgusting back then.

Oh also

Quote:
I'll just have to suck it up and continue trying to convince you all that I am town.
Why don't you try not appearing like anything and just solving the game?Only wolves care about if they look town. If a town is trying to solve the game then the fact that they are green will reveal itself in time

Basically more work less bitching please.

Quote:
Who would you say the weakest player in the game is? Not based on town read but in general.
STOP

MAKING

EXCUSES

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
Another thing, Isolating someone like Precarious for example is hemorrhaging in the sense the majority of posts are unnecessarily long.
lol, yeah agreed.

Quote:
Charu I don't necessarily follow but whatever tickles your tendies in such a curious manner go for it I guess
We don't fetish shame on FFR

Quote:
Holy shit I found something incredible about Precarious.

It wholeheartedly now warrants this: Precarious

You're definitely anti-town in this game (not sure which but I don't give a shit, you're not town).

Quote:
First section is literally bullshit. Shadow died, you even state so. Why do you even have the first sentence in this post say what it does and why the hell do you word “Frame Shadow” in such a way that you are basing a hypothetical situation as a truth? How can a frame happen on a dead PR? This screams you aren’t town in more ways than one. Firstly, town is definitely going to keep track of who dies because it is information that can be used to stem into further threads of suspicion; in the case a player suddenly finds himself at all nulls or doesn’t know where to continue off from, knowing exactly what the kills were is one of the best starting points. You clearly demonstrate that this isn’t the case.

You then completely contradict this hypothetical and finally notice that Shadow has died, disproving anything you were trying to make a point of in the first paragraph of this post.

My point is simply this: Town is never going to hypothesize a death in the manner you do here. Your post here shows that you’re digging for tinfoil/trying to show you’ve done work to live when this isn’t the case when you start to dig deeper in your posts (like I am now doing). Speaking further of the “missing nightkill” shouldn’t even be happening after a first realization post like I did because unless you already have the knowledge of what happened (and at that case you can simply stage a reaction based from other player reactions), it’ll always be a hypothetical dead end since there is no fact to it.

Ending this now because I need to be right back, but this is a good point to start off on why I’m voting you right now.

Quote:

If psycho isn't town, then she's more likely to be SK than a wolf.
I agree(d back when I pointed this out awhile ago)

Quote:

Now, this is a very unlikely scenario
And that's where all those paragraphs about it should have both started and ended Jesus Fleming Chili.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
forgot to drop the MML vote
If you're voting me simply because I voted Pyscho then that's weak.

I 100% did vote Pyscho because of DPB though, I admit that and have already admitted that (I even said that about the same time I made the vote) so if you wanna hate go ahead and hate.

But I feel highly misrepresented in my case considering I've expanded on my thoughts since.

Also MixMasterLarDude? really? Is BeatMakerLard too hard of a pun to use you really gotta be boring with it?

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 10-15-2016, 07:42 PM   #1965
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie

Gotta do some catching up and I'll make my vote

Don't think I will be around for EoD (trying to actually go to Round One this time)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
Old 10-15-2016, 07:45 PM   #1966
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonxcollie View Post
Gotta do some catching up and I'll make my vote

Don't think I will be around for EoD (trying to actually go to Round One this time)
Make vids I always wanted to go to Round One and watching other people go is the closest I'll ever get

Old 10-15-2016, 07:48 PM   #1967
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

I dun know, who would theory craft in their head that I was actually not who I was?

The only person currently in this game that fits that bill is, well, you, lmao

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 10-15-2016, 07:49 PM   #1968
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

^Dis was directed to MML, hee hee hee

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 10-15-2016, 07:50 PM   #1969
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Make vids I always wanted to go to Round One and watching other people go is the closest I'll ever get
You can do it! Apparently they are expanding all over the US now

And you can always go for a road trip to boston!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
Old 10-15-2016, 07:56 PM   #1970
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Okay, I just read the follow the vote 2nd Edition by roundbox.

Sounds like you don't seem to like MML, vote-wise.

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 10-15-2016, 07:57 PM   #1971
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Holy shit, can the site like... stop loading like shit too? Fucking A

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 10-15-2016, 08:02 PM   #1972
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
I dun know, who would theory craft in their head that I was actually not who I was?

The only person currently in this game that fits that bill is, well, you, lmao
Eh, I mean I guess I'd be the closest to that but it really didn't happen. First, you have to assume that I thought it was worth wasting a shot over even after I cried for people to CC and got no one. As many games as I've played even I would know that it was a wasted shot.

And second, you're assuming that's as likely as the theory that Shado was simply doubled up on which I'm just going to disagree with.

Past that you do you though. If it makes you feel better Commentrics also has you cleared now that Haku has been revealed as scum, so with two reasons to town read you I kind of don't get that PoV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonxcollie View Post
You can do it! Apparently they are expanding all over the US now

And you can always go for a road trip to boston!
I do have some buddies in Boston and I kind of always wanted to go! But I live in Florida so such long trips are hard to do

Anyway tell me your reads before you go.

Old 10-15-2016, 08:33 PM   #1973
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran

Oh eod's tonight. great.

mml basically me trying to solve vs appearing is something i've struggled with a lot in twg in general. it's a weird mentality that i have regardless of role.

Why are you here?
Old 10-15-2016, 08:37 PM   #1974
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Oh eod's tonight. great.

mml basically me trying to solve vs appearing is something i've struggled with a lot in twg in general. it's a weird mentality that i have regardless of role.
That's great fine wonderful fantastic amazing stop explaining that and give me some reads or something Jesus

Do you understand what I'm criticizing? Do you actually understand what I am criticizing? I ain't mad that you suck, I'm mad that your not trying to suck less.

Old 10-15-2016, 08:38 PM   #1975
Precarious
Unacceptable
FFR Veteran

Finishing up my reads here:

MixMasterLar: Replaced Botchi. I feel like a lot of people town-read Botchi and that's why they're okay with MML. I didn't, although Charu's defense of Botchi sort of changed my opinion there. But MML himself has been trending town for me. I didn't like his opening, in part because he was arguing with non-CCed claims and it seemed to be going nowhere. But at the same time, I can understand what he was going for. I also didn't like his long absence after that yesterday, but since returning he's been playing actively, and making supported reads. He pushes people, and isn't scared to express his opinions and ask for follow-ups, which is a dangerous approach for anti-town (particularly at T:1:1) Picking fights both risks counteraggression and night attention. Hard to see him as either wolf or SK here, so town read.

XelNya: He just does not see the game the same way I do. Like, the way he looks at posts is clearly different than how I do. There are a couple things that struck me as off, notably the asking about who Charu guarded. But for the most part, he's been trending town after a weird first day. Wasn't overimpressed with his own vote, which is good. Given the weirdness, I could see SK as a possibility, but a wolf is unlikely. Slight town lean overall.

mellonxcollie: Not as much here as I expected, actually. Still, they've improved a lot from the second day, where I almost voted them. There was very little content until then, but at that point mellon made a 180 turn and started making a number of good posts. #1339 is what I like to see in a roster run, since it's not just reads, but also why. (Although the fact that I'm not there is weird). Started pushing Juckter before the alternate wagon became clear (#1615), which looks good. Pushed DFR today due to the weirdness of Haku picking Juckter over DFR. In all honesty, I'd still like to see mroe from mellon, because their instincts have been good, but there's nothing that looks wolfy here. SK is remotely possible because of the limited activity and general non-confrontational style, but town lean is stronger.
Old 10-15-2016, 08:42 PM   #1976
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran

Quote:
That's great fine wonderful fantastic amazing stop explaining that and give me some reads or something Jesus

Do you understand what I'm criticizing? Do you actually understand what I am criticizing? I ain't mad that you suck, I'm mad that your not trying to suck less.
yes dude i get it chill

Why are you here?
Old 10-15-2016, 08:50 PM   #1977
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
yes dude i get it chill
If you got it then how come this post is just telling me to chill without anything real game pushing content?

Old 10-15-2016, 08:50 PM   #1978
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran

can someone define tinfoiling for me, can't find it in the mafiascum wiki ty

Why are you here?
Old 10-15-2016, 08:50 PM   #1979
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran

Quote:
If you got it then how come this post is just telling me to chill without anything real game pushing content?
because i'm rereading and the sites loading is ass so i load the live thread while loading the pages i'm rereading

Why are you here?
Old 10-15-2016, 08:53 PM   #1980
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran

also mml your attitude really urges me to not please you by doing such so stop jumping to silly conclusions ty

Why are you here?
Closed Thread