Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2007, 08:56 AM   #221
windsurfer-sp
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to windsurfer-sp
Default Re: At least 31 dead at Virginia Tech

The pro gun movement is too strongly tied into power, how else could they get away with the line "If everyone had gacks then they could have shot him." Thats great everyone carry guns and everyone shoot each other. America screw your admenmant for the right to bear arms, save some lives.

As to squeek, I think that the anti-game push is wrong but I think that these events should be used to create some forms of positive change.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:10 AM   #222
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Positive change is good.

You know, like putting actual laws on gun purchases.

In two months when I'm 21, I can walk into a gun shop and leave not ten minutes later with a fully-loaded semi-automatic handgun.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 10:09 AM   #223
windsurfer-sp
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to windsurfer-sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
Positive change is good.

You know, like putting actual laws on gun purchases.

In two months when I'm 21, I can walk into a gun shop and leave not ten minutes later with a fully-loaded semi-automatic handgun.
Exactly and according to the pro-gun community thats a good thing, you can now shoot at anyone shooting you. Better give kids guns aswell otherwise how can they shoot shooters.

How many polticans have called for some form of change in terms of gun law? I bet Mr Bush hasn't nor any other front running politican to scared of the back lash from the ignorant and powerful pro-gun lobbyists.

Times like these make me glad to be an Aussie
Old 04-18-2007, 04:21 PM   #224
pntballa18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to pntballa18 Send a message via Skype™ to pntballa18

Quote:
Originally Posted by cC@Zz View Post
Last night I saw on a news network (I cant remember which one) where a school shooter was being interviewed. The shooter said at the time when he did the shooting he didn't realize that when you shoot someone they most likely will not get up. He said he thought it was like in the videogame DOOM when you shoot the aliens they get right back up.

I guess this guy didn't realize that he was shooting aliens in DOOM, not people.
I watched the interview, and it didn't make sense at all. He was about 28, and he killed those people when he was in highschool. I'm pretty sure 10 years ago there was no DOOM.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:25 PM   #225
OrganisM
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by pntballa18 View Post
I watched the interview, and it didn't make sense at all. He was about 28, and he killed those people when he was in highschool. I'm pretty sure 10 years ago there was no DOOM.
Uhhhhhh.... DOOM's been around for 15 years.
OrganisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:08 PM   #226
Setherex
FFR Player

Yeah I heard about that. What a retard. Anyway if your talking about the dude who killed those people in VT he shot himself afterwards.

It's not like you can interview a carcass and poke it when it doesn't answer. Thats how Dawn of the Dead started.
Setherex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:14 PM   #227
Lightknight924
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lightknight924

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setherex View Post
Yeah I heard about that. What a retard. Anyway if your talking about the dude who killed those people in VT he shot himself afterwards.

It's not like you can interview a carcass and poke it when it doesn't answer. Thats how Dawn of the Dead started.

The kid had problems and was a loner. I'm assuming his loneliness and his psychological problems lead him into severe depression, causing him to do this. He wasn't a retard.

They interviewed the kid's room mates last night on CNN. Both room mates claimed that he always showed strange behavior and always took pictures of people. They said they did everything that they believed they could about his behavior. They reported to the police and college administration several times because of his strange actions.
Lightknight924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:17 PM   #228
pntballa18
FFR Player

He also stalked 2 (maybe more) girls.

The roomates did say that they never thought he could/would hurt anyone, they just kept saying he seemed really weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganisM View Post
Uhhhhhh.... DOOM's been around for 15 years.
If I remember correctly, he said DOOM 3 in his interview.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:38 PM   #229
stretchypanda
shock me shock me
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to stretchypanda

Yes, let's continue to blame the guns and take attention away from the fact that a mental case killed more than 30 people.

I do agree that this "Why didn't the kids defend themselves" bull**** is just that. Bull****. Not only have several stories of heroism emerged from this tragedy, but EXCUSE ME? These people had to have been in a state of shock that something this violent could occur in what is basically their home. I can't say I wouldn't have just sat there while he shot at me, either. Okay, yeah, the NRA is probably crossing the line there, although they bring up a valid point.

Also, I just got a little news brief that said the killer mailed a package of videos and pictures to NBC apparently in between the two killings on Monday.

Stop blaming the guns. Blame the fact that EVERYONE REMOTELY CLOSE TO THIS KID realized something was wrong with him and NOTHING HAPPENED. He STALKED people, his classmates refused to come to class when his work was reviewed, his teacher recommended him for counseling, HIS PARENTS THOUGHT HE MIGHT BE SUICIDAL and yet he clearly didn't get the help he needed.
stretchypanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:51 PM   #230
stretchypanda
shock me shock me
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Holy **** his videos and stuff are on NBC now.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:00 PM   #231
jamuko
FFR Player

I agree that he needed help and wasn't getting it, but you must also consider that a lot of the reports of him seeming suspicious are probably just rationalizations after the fact. I've met some strange people who have done various things like this and I haven't thought about reporting them to police either, because while their behavior is abnormal, I don't think it's worrisome or dangerous and I don't think they'd do anything like this guy did. That's kinda what seems to be the general idea here too. It's hard to know what to really do about a person like that.

Also, his roommates were kinda stupid. I saw an interview with them and at one point they claimed they never exchanged more than a couple words with Cho, except for one time where they had a full conversation where he told them that he had an invisible girlfriend and they had dumb nicknames for each other.... it was obvious that the two guys were just making that part up. They were able to keep a straight face, but geez. It's stupid to just make up random incriminating facts about him and report it to the news.

I saw some of the contents of that NBC package just now... it's kind of hard to hear what he's saying in the video, but he did compare himself to Jesus which is just ridiculous, and he had tons of photos of him brandishing various weapons. Those were more sad than intimidating (especially the hammer one.... I'm sorry, but it made me laugh to look at it).

This guy detached himself far too much from others... enough to delude himself in his own little world.
I shoot eye beams at the things I hate and make them explode! (Yay!)
So Happy! Smile! Hello! It's a picnic every day
There's lots of happiness in my pocket
So let's play forever~
jamuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 06:06 PM   #232
pntballa18
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamuko View Post
Also, his roommates were kinda stupid. I saw an interview with them and at one point they claimed they never exchanged more than a couple words with Cho, except for one time where they had a full conversation where he told them that he had an invisible girlfriend and they had dumb nicknames for each other.... it was obvious that the two guys were just making that part up. They were able to keep a straight face, but geez. It's stupid to just make up random incriminating facts about him and report it to the news.
I didn't think they were making that up. I watched it last night around 11, while I was half asleep, so I might've been missing something, but how are you so sure that they were lying?
Old 04-18-2007, 06:07 PM   #233
stretchypanda
shock me shock me
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

The picture of him looking kind of pleased to have the knife to his throat made me laugh.

And I realize no one could have predicted he was going to go on a killing rampage. Unless, of course, he filmed this **** and took these pictures in his dorm room in which case his roommates should, at the very least, be slapped.

But really, two charges of stalking should be enough to have something done. Too bad those girls dropped charges.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:52 PM   #234
archbishopjabber
FFR Player

People are blowing this whole thing out of proportion. I'm sorry, but alcohol kills 8 times as many people everyday and tobacco and obesity kill about 40 times as many each, each day. Yes it is a tragedy, but preventable deaths occur to a much greater magnitude all of the time and I don't see anyone putting up a big fuss about those. Why should this be any different?
archbishopjabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:09 PM   #235
jamuko
FFR Player

Because this is a more horrific and malicious occurrence than those you mentioned.

As for the roommates... I don't know. I guess I have a lot of years' experience in BS-detecting. It was just the way they looked at each other to "remember" certain ridiculous parts of it... plus it just doesn't fit with the rest of what we know about what he was like.
I shoot eye beams at the things I hate and make them explode! (Yay!)
So Happy! Smile! Hello! It's a picnic every day
There's lots of happiness in my pocket
So let's play forever~
jamuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:14 PM   #236
stfuitsbrandon
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to stfuitsbrandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretchypanda View Post
Holy **** his videos and stuff are on NBC now.
find it online for me, please.

srsly, dis wuz epik b ond buhleaf
stfuitsbrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:16 PM   #237
RB_Dreamscanner
☭Retired Top One Hander☭
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to RB_Dreamscanner

did they get any of this on a school camera or something like columbine?

Retired, Finished at rank 295, Top one hander on FFR
RB_Dreamscanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:24 PM   #238
T3hDDRKid
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer-sp View Post
The pro gun movement is too strongly tied into power, how else could they get away with the line "If everyone had gacks then they could have shot him." Thats great everyone carry guns and everyone shoot each other. America screw your admenmant for the right to bear arms, save some lives.

As to squeek, I think that the anti-game push is wrong but I think that these events should be used to create some forms of positive change.
I suppose inserting some facts would be nice.

One college in America allows guns on campus. It's in Wyoming. I don't know the percentage of students who carry guns [you need a permit, of course], but I do know that no shootings have ever occured, not even accidental discharges. There is much less non-firearm violence there than in most colleges, as well. If you know others have guns, you won't think "Hey, I can kill 33 people." You'll think, "Hey, maybe I could kill five people before being shot repeatedly in the chest."

what brought this country together?

desegregation

we need to segregate again so we can DEsegregate and everyone will feel good again

let's start with baseball
T3hDDRKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:25 PM   #239
Nyokou
( ̄ー ̄)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Nyokou

Quote:
Originally Posted by archbishopjabber View Post
People are blowing this whole thing out of proportion. I'm sorry, but alcohol kills 8 times as many people everyday and tobacco and obesity kill about 40 times as many each, each day. Yes it is a tragedy, but preventable deaths occur to a much greater magnitude all of the time and I don't see anyone putting up a big fuss about those. Why should this be any different?
Er.. you're a dumbass, seriously.

Alcohol, obesity and drug use is entirely the fault of the individual, and they bring it upon themselves.

In this case, it's a mentally ill person taking the lives of other people. HUGE difference. Ugh. Seriously, people like you make me sick. But, this is to be expected from someone who doesn't live close to the area or in-state. Some people just don't care, and that's sad.. it really is. How could someone be so cold-hearted? :\
Old 04-18-2007, 08:52 PM   #240
stretchypanda
shock me shock me
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyokou View Post
Er.. you're a dumbass, seriously.

Alcohol, obesity and drug use is entirely the fault of the individual, and they bring it upon themselves.

In this case, it's a mentally ill person taking the lives of other people. HUGE difference. Ugh. Seriously, people like you make me sick. But, this is to be expected from someone who doesn't live close to the area or in-state. Some people just don't care, and that's sad.. it really is. How could someone be so cold-hearted? :\
There are going to be people who just don't care. It doesn't help you any to get mad.

But I'm sorry. He sucks.