Old 01-22-2023, 08:14 PM   #321
James May
FFR Player

Default Re: Song Corrections Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
v2/v3 were to be reserved for reimagining's and very long overdue re-steps of the same chart but people have since wanted to swap to a v2/v3 system for anything of the same song, so it's a giant TO-DO at the moment.
I see o: I was just very confused in that regard, thanks for clearing that up

James May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 03:49 PM   #322
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by James May View Post
Going by this, wouldn't all three charts of Cruel Whole (Abelcain Remix) be listed as three completely different cuts? Since ~Zero~'s chart has one cut and both hi19's and Osit's cuts are also completely different as well? I was always the impression that the v2/3's stuff were using the same song audio and making a new interpretation of it.

Correct me if I'm wrong though
v2s and so on generally had the same audio but there were some exceptions and that has been around for a while. There aren't many examples of different versions with different audio so that's probably why people don't remember. Until Tomorrow and Until Tomorrow v2 is an example of two songs that had different steps but also had different audio cuts. Personally I feel that further differentiation is too granular and would just add too much baggage to song titles.
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 04:33 PM   #323
XelNya
noi
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
Doing wiki digging on the topic, the name appeared to come from the official download from the website at http://www.dobuusagi.com/c_music.htm (it is still up).

The conclusion that jayde & noname came to, was that because the original release was named as-such and was only 2:23 long (version in-game is 2:25 long, the same length + 2 seconds of silence) and the full version of "風神少女 ~ the Article by Crow" is 3:50 in-length, it is a naming difference between the artist's official Cut version of the song, and the artist's official Full-Length version of the song.

Thoughts?
Since no one else touched this, and I happened to see it: it'd probably be best to just use the one from the album, if only for consistency. Just like there's two masters of Plastic Mind (the one in Queue somewhere, it's not currently in-game) with a pretty notable difference between the overall sound. The one Shadow & I subbed is the Floatia2 version, and not the 兎角宴舞曲 Courante Impromptu version.

For reference:

Flotia2 Plastic Mind

兎角宴舞曲 Courante Impromptu

It's really a question of how future proof you want the game client to be, and considering the space, it seems like a huge can of worms that can be remedied with keeping the Wiki nice and updated, but easily accessible.

Sorry for the weirdly timed / longer mention. I think with that file in queue, I should probably try and help future proof it so it's done right the first time.

Last edited by XelNya; 01-25-2023 at 04:34 PM..
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 05:48 PM   #324
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
Since no one else touched this, and I happened to see it: it'd probably be best to just use the one from the album, if only for consistency. Just like there's two masters of Plastic Mind (the one in Queue somewhere, it's not currently in-game) with a pretty notable difference between the overall sound. The one Shadow & I subbed is the Floatia2 version, and not the 兎角宴舞曲 Courante Impromptu version.

For reference:

Flotia2 Plastic Mind

兎角宴舞曲 Courante Impromptu

It's really a question of how future proof you want the game client to be, and considering the space, it seems like a huge can of worms that can be remedied with keeping the Wiki nice and updated, but easily accessible.

Sorry for the weirdly timed / longer mention. I think with that file in queue, I should probably try and help future proof it so it's done right the first time.
Appreciate the input.

Changed.

- Tosh 2014

gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote