Old 05-14-2021, 02:12 AM   #81
Thaor
FFR Player
 
Thaor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 369
Send a message via ICQ to Thaor Send a message via MSN to Thaor
Default Re: He's back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phynx View Post
Bro it's 2021 and you still have head crabs.

They make shampoos for that nowadays. Lol.
That is so true, porco di quel Dio. However I did not change my avatar on purpose.

@kmay that is that Dynam0's fault, we spent some time talking on Discord yesterday.

@Reach where are you pal. Let me find you and shower you with unnecessary amounts of affection.
__________________

Quote:
Zaghurim scrive:
What the hell is porcoddio rofl
Nima scrive:
porco dio ?
Omegix scrive:
porcodio
Thaor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 08:29 AM   #82
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Batch Search Engine Developer
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
DossarLX ODI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Age: 26
Posts: 14,610
Default Re: He's back

I also got a chance to talk to Thaor on Discord recently. Great to see him on and reachable again!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 06:05 AM   #83
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Sectional ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Reach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Canada
Age: 34
Posts: 7,468
Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach
Default Re: He's back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaor View Post

@Reach where are you pal. Let me find you and shower you with unnecessary amounts of affection.
What got you back into SM after all this time?

And more importantly, where did you even start?

If we assume that, hypothetically, I wanted to play again and acquire old classic files + whatever might be in the meta nowadays, how might I go about doing that?
__________________
Reach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 09:23 AM   #84
Thaor
FFR Player
 
Thaor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 369
Send a message via ICQ to Thaor Send a message via MSN to Thaor
Default Re: He's back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
What got you back into SM after all this time?
Pandemics. But mostly an ungodly amount of nostalgia which grips you when you become an old rag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
And more importantly, where did you even start?
From what I used to play, from the simpler files. I had to regain muscle memory and speed, I wanted to see where I was after all that time passed from ODI. I never told myself for a second "I'm too old to be able to do what I did."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
If we assume that, hypothetically, I wanted to play again and acquire old classic files + whatever might be in the meta nowadays, how might I go about doing that?
www.stepmaniaonline.net now is a giant Simfile archive, thanks to some old friends back in the day I was able to track down packs I had forgotten (The KBMP, the Hard Songs Megapacks, ODIPacks and so on).

Or just go for Etterna, but that's a slightly different story. By all means, where on Discord/anywhere else may I find you?
__________________

Quote:
Zaghurim scrive:
What the hell is porcoddio rofl
Nima scrive:
porco dio ?
Omegix scrive:
porcodio
Thaor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 12:59 PM   #85
aperson
FFR Hall of Fame
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
aperson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Houston
Posts: 3,329
Send a message via AIM to aperson
Default Re: He's back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
If we assume that, hypothetically, I wanted to play again and acquire old classic files + whatever might be in the meta nowadays, how might I go about doing that?
Download etterna. Use the pack finder on the site to get all of the old packs (they're all there). Etterna is a Stepmania fork designed for keyboard play and it's what all of the serious 4k players use now.
__________________

Last edited by aperson; 05-18-2021 at 12:59 PM..
aperson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 10:41 PM   #86
sakura080789
Sukiru#4340
FFR Veteran
 
sakura080789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Age: 31
Posts: 1,736
Default Re: He's back

Etterna is legit.
__________________
sakura080789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 09:16 AM   #87
phe0nixblade
Praise the sun mofo
FFR Veteran
 
phe0nixblade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Lordran
Age: 29
Posts: 4,187
Default Re: He's back

holy shit thaor
__________________
phe0nixblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 01:37 PM   #88
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Sectional ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Reach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Canada
Age: 34
Posts: 7,468
Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach
Default Re: He's back

Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
Download etterna. Use the pack finder on the site to get all of the old packs (they're all there). Etterna is a Stepmania fork designed for keyboard play and it's what all of the serious 4k players use now.
Excellent. Thank you.

How are you, by the way? Hopefully life is treating you well.

Quote:
By all means, where on Discord/anywhere else may I find you?
...I don't really have a discord. I suppose I do, but I don't use it. My social media presence is minimal. Is there an FFR/Stepmania discord that people use nowadays? I would consider checking that out.

I may very well check out Etterna. I had played DJ Max respect on steam not that long ago and it brought back that nostalgia. Like you I suppose I'm an old rag now and doubt I'll be able to do much, but I could give it a try and see how long it takes to de-rust.
__________________
Reach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 01:40 PM   #89
aperson
FFR Hall of Fame
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
aperson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Houston
Posts: 3,329
Send a message via AIM to aperson
Default Re: He's back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
Excellent. Thank you.

How are you, by the way? Hopefully life is treating you well.
I'm doing great! Hope things are good for you too. I got Etterna in March and tried to peak for the first time in over ten years. Currently at 25MSD and climbing. I'm total scrub by modern era tiers but still already better than I ever have been at 4k.
__________________

Last edited by aperson; 05-21-2021 at 01:40 PM..
aperson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 01:50 PM   #90
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Sectional ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Reach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Canada
Age: 34
Posts: 7,468
Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach
Default Re: He's back

Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
I'm doing great! Hope things are good for you too. I got Etterna in March and tried to peak for the first time in over ten years. Currently at 25MSD and climbing. I'm total scrub by modern era tiers but still already better than I ever have been at 4k.
Awesome. Life is busy but certainly good. I'll have to give Etterna a shot sometime and report what happens.

I suspect I'll also be a scrub by modern era tiers. Oh well. I saw some of the SM demos at sgdq/agdq a few years ago and my reaction was a bit...

Well, I always assumed and knew that people would surpass players like Thaor/myself/you but not to the degree that actually happened. The levels reached are quite extraordinary.
__________________
Reach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 06:36 PM   #91
Thaor
FFR Player
 
Thaor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 369
Send a message via ICQ to Thaor Send a message via MSN to Thaor
Default Re: He's back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
Awesome. Life is busy but certainly good. I'll have to give Etterna a shot sometime and report what happens.

I suspect I'll also be a scrub by modern era tiers. Oh well. I saw some of the SM demos at sgdq/agdq a few years ago and my reaction was a bit...

Well, I always assumed and knew that people would surpass players like Thaor/myself/you but not to the degree that actually happened. The levels reached are quite extraordinary.
Yeah, that's totally true.

What I was meaning is: how can I talk to you?
__________________

Quote:
Zaghurim scrive:
What the hell is porcoddio rofl
Nima scrive:
porco dio ?
Omegix scrive:
porcodio
Thaor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 07:44 AM   #92
kmay
Don't forget me
FFR Veteran
 
kmay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: USA
Age: 28
Posts: 6,390
Default Re: He's back

This made me download etterna lol but I'm just as bad as I always was. Can't wait to see you guys posting some crazy scores again
__________________
kmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 08:05 PM   #93
Bahamut-X
FFR Player
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Bahamut-X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Age: 29
Posts: 3,388
Default Re: He's back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmay View Post
This made me download etterna
Me too. I've been having a blast going through some of the mid-late 2000s packs. I'm a bit worried though since my knuckles and wrist start to give me major issues pretty quickly, even with easier charts. I'm hoping it might just due to being out of practice for so long, but if it keeps up I may just have to accept my best days with this game are behind me.
Bahamut-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 10:29 PM   #94
Shadow_God_10
Call me Lewdy, Sugar
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Shadow_God_10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Age: 28
Posts: 1,846
Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow_God_10
Default Re: He's back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut-X View Post
Me too. I've been having a blast going through some of the mid-late 2000s packs. I'm a bit worried though since my knuckles and wrist start to give me major issues pretty quickly, even with easier charts. I'm hoping it might just due to being out of practice for so long, but if it keeps up I may just have to accept my best days with this game are behind me.
Holy hell dude I haven't seen you in YEARS

How have you been?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antori View Post
i can't vote shadow god because his profile picture gives me motivation to check on the thread regularly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
TIL women have breasts because of horniness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
Shadow_God_10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 10:28 AM   #95
phe0nixblade
Praise the sun mofo
FFR Veteran
 
phe0nixblade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Lordran
Age: 29
Posts: 4,187
Default Re: He's back

wtf
reach thaor baha all showing up in one thread in 2021
if shashakiro shows up im offing myself
__________________
phe0nixblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 11:12 AM   #96
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran
 
Mahou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 30
Posts: 2,053
Default Re: He's back

Quote:
Originally Posted by phe0nixblade View Post
if shashakiro shows up im offing myself
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lofty rhino View Post
one does not simply hate everyone that plays stepmania
AND watch anime.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 01:32 PM   #97
phe0nixblade
Praise the sun mofo
FFR Veteran
 
phe0nixblade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Lordran
Age: 29
Posts: 4,187
Default Re: He's back

thats a joke brother
__________________
phe0nixblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 02:00 PM   #98
Fireo
FFR Player
 
Fireo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2021
Age: 16
Posts: 19
Default Re: He's back

I have no idea who this is, but I hope they decide to stick around for a while
Fireo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 03:28 PM   #99
Bahamut-X
FFR Player
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Bahamut-X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Age: 29
Posts: 3,388
Default Re: He's back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Holy hell dude I haven't seen you in YEARS

How have you been?
Well, clearly not stepmanning. Lol.

I went into the software development field and have been doing that for about 7 years now. I'm a bit worried that all my time spent at the computer for my job is contributing to some of my hand / wrist issues I'm having with etterna. I'm going to keep at it though and for a bit to see how things go! I've been lightly stretching and massaging my wrists / forearms before playing, which seems to help a bit.

It is fun to see some of the old players back in this thread again.

Btw, Thaor just FC'd guillaume tell (at my request . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CENups4dRvg. Yea, still kind of in shock with this one.

Last edited by Bahamut-X; 05-27-2021 at 03:34 PM..
Bahamut-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 04:08 PM   #100
revolutionomega
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran
 
revolutionomega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: White Plains, New York
Age: 29
Posts: 2,190
Send a message via AIM to revolutionomega Send a message via MSN to revolutionomega
Default Re: He's back

Subbed to the YouTubez and have been following along with some of the wild scores you have posting. Good to see all of you fellow veterans (who are all better than me) back and active.
__________________
"AW MAN, WE SUCK AGAIN!"
- Rob Schneider, The Waterboy (1998)
revolutionomega is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution